Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

4 hours ago, 1000dB said:

One more thing, Lukaku blowing hot & cold is a criticism that pops up. Yet Costa went on longer goalless droughts last season and even without exaggerating Costa has been a half-season striker. Also, why claim that Lukaku will harry defenders any less than Costa did. Everton isn't Chelsea and at least for country Lukaku plays in the same system. I bet that with his eagerness and the guiding hand of the likes of Conte and Henry he'll have that covered as well. Considering the problems Costa is causing, going for somebody that sees Chelsea as his dream club, from boyhood, instead of a merc, would be a more than welcome change.

PS if Kane was a possibility you definitely should be in the market for him. Yet I very much doubt that he is (even for a record fee that breaks the £100m barrier) or that he would consider moving from Spurs to Chelsea.

Lukaku is a good player for sure but Costa when he wants to play is miles better but I also agree that it's time for him to go, causing more harm than good. But the asking price for Lukaku is too much £60m is most I'd take him for, but we don't seem to be doing anything at the moment pretty frustrating 

6 minutes ago, AniAniAni said:

But then again, Matic is apparently being lined up as a 40M target for United, which is also quite frankly absurd.

If we get anywhere near that fee for Matic I'll be delighted. I do like him but that means we would in essence get Bakayoko and 3m for Matic.

In other transfer news, I've watched back a lot on Juve's season in recent days and Alex Sandro excites me. I think Alonso has earned his stripes with us last season and buying two LWB's two summers in a row would be a bit baffling but its positive transfer activity nontheless. He is an upgrade.

No news on Ake, Christensen and Costa. Good news in my eyes for the defensive duo but not particularly great news on the Costa front.

kFVLHn7.jpg

With possibly Matic and Costa leaving for, well neither shoud go cheap in the current market, and maybe a few others (loan deals), like Chalobah, Zouma, et al. Chelsea will have the net spend trophy locked up. Better yet start strengthening the team because a bag of cash has never scored a goal or provided an assist. Again, there wasn't much depth last season and this season there's CL football which should make Chelsea even more attractive. I fully trust Conte. Tomorrow the new Nike deal kicks in, right? Let's see what happens. Players all over Europe are returning to their clubs. Ideally you've landed your targets before pre-season, especially when Conte wants to hit the ground running.

Also, Courtois is earning only half, HALF, of what DDG makes. A massive difference. That's shocking for the golden glove winner. I completely get why he wants an improved deal (viewing his agent's RM comment in this light). Did DDG help Man Utd become champions twice in the last three seasons. Nope they usually had poor results in the league. The EL wasn't even him. Courtois came back from his loan with lots of silverware: Champions of Spain after breaking the duopoly, Cup winner, EL Champion, Uefa Supercup, GK of the year, Zamora trophies, CL TOTS and was a CL finalist. Oblak hasn't won a single trophy with Atleti, apologies, he's got a spanish supercup, a glorified friendly that he was in because Courtois helped Atleti become Champions. In the meantime Courtois won the League Cup with Chelsea and oh yea in those 3 years Chelsea won the title TWICE.

PS for some reason Oblak who won fa with Atleti has had 2 (two) rises in 2017 alone and has the same rating as Courtois who hasn't had a rise in two and a half years despite winning a boatload of silverware. DDG, rated 94, had 3 rises in that same timeframe (again, apologies, he won the "treble" this year) and Oblak went from 87 to 93 in the last two years (you'd have to add another 1/2 year to that since Courtois's last +1). At the very least Dave and Courtois should get +1s ahead of the new season.

18 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

kFVLHn7.jpg

With possibly Matic and Costa leaving for, well neither shoud go cheap in the current market, and maybe a few others (loan deals), like Chalobah, Zouma, et al. Chelsea will have the net spend trophy locked up. Better yet start strengthening the team because a bag of cash has never scored a goal or provided an assist. Again, there wasn't much depth last season and this season there's CL football which should make Chelsea even more attractive. I fully trust Conte. Tomorrow the new Nike deal kicks in, right? Let's see what happens. Players all over Europe are returning to their clubs. Ideally you've landed your targets before pre-season, especially when Conte wants to hit the ground running.

Also, Courtois is earning only half, HALF, of what DDG makes. A massive difference. That's shocking for the golden glove winner. I completely get why he wants an improved deal (viewing his agent's RM comment in this light). Did DDG help Man Utd become champions twice in the last three seasons. Nope they usually had poor results in the league. The EL wasn't even him. Courtois came back from his loan with lots of silverware: Champions of Spain after breaking the duopoly, Cup winner, EL Champion, Uefa Supercup, GK of the year, Zamora trophies, CL TOTS and was a CL finalist. Oblak hasn't won a single trophy with Atleti, apologies, he's got a spanish supercup, a glorified friendly that he was in because Courtois helped Atleti become Champions. In the meantime Courtois won the League Cup with Chelsea and oh yea in those 3 years Chelsea won the title TWICE.

PS for some reason Oblak who won fa with Atleti has had 2 (two) rises in 2017 alone and has the same rating as Courtois who hasn't had a rise in two and a half years despite winning a boatload of silverware. DDG, rated 94, had 3 rises in that same timeframe (again, apologies, he won the "treble" this year) and Oblak went from 87 to 93 in the last two years (you'd have to add another 1/2 year to that since Courtois's last +1). At the very least Dave and Courtois should get +1s ahead of the new season.

Cuadrado brought 27mil sold 17mil, and you don't factor in their wages as well. Only main profit Chelsea got is from Oscar and maybe little from Ake

DDG got paid more to warn off Madrid and he's 1 of the best keepers in the world, without him and his saves United would of struggled. Courtois might of done all them things with a different team years ago but your forgetting he was the keeper who finished 10th and he had no European Football the following season.

Oblak a great keeper - Hard to beat Madrid and Barce to the title, Under A Madrid he's a CL finalist as well and A Madrid goes far in the UCL plus the last 2 seasons A Madrid only conceded 18 & 27 goals. He won the Zamora trophy as well, he has been in CL TOTY the last 2 years.

12 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Cuadrado brought 27mil sold 17mil, and you don't factor in their wages as well. Only main profit Chelsea got is from Oscar and maybe little from Ake

DDG got paid more to warn off Madrid and he's 1 of the best keepers in the world, without him and his saves United would of struggled. Courtois might of done all them things with a different team years ago but your forgetting he was the keeper who finished 10th and he had no European Football the following season.

Oblak a great keeper - Hard to beat Madrid and Barce to the title, Under A Madrid he's a CL finalist as well and A Madrid goes far in the UCL plus the last 2 seasons A Madrid only conceded 18 & 27 goals. He won the Zamora trophy as well, he has been in CL TOTY the last 2 years.

I don't care about the "net spend trophy", I doubt you understood that, but hey-ho. Juve paid in 3 easy installments for Cuadrado, €20m was the 3rd one, and his wages should be paid by Juve as well. More importantly, Chelsea don't have the highest wage bill in the league but did win the title twice (FYI winning titles is good). The highest wage bill belongs to 6th (sixth) placed Snubchester Utd, the club that's getting snubbed by Ronaldo according to your posts in their thread and I guess is getting snubbed by every other player linked to the club that isn't coming (TBF some have actually snubbed Tractor FC). Oh yea, Chelsea don't have owners that expect to receive a disgusting amount from the club. Can't spend all of that noodle money. We'll see over the next two months if Chelsea will have a good window or dumps money on players like Martial and Pogba who haven't done much to repay the club.

DDG is playing for a club that even struggles to get into the top 4 the last 4 (four) years and in the little CL football the noodle salesmen get they can't even survive a weak group with the likes of PSV, KDBless Wolfsburg and CSKA (doesn't look like a CL group at all TBH). Last season he wasn't that great m8 despite Mourinho-ball. In the years before, Money Utd would have given any keeper plenty of opportunity to shine. With DDG the club still struggled, oh yea apologies, 4th place once in the last 4 (four) years is somewhat decent for a small club. Oblak pales in comparison to what Courtois achieved in his career and at Atleti. Also, "years ago", SMH, Courtois won the golden glove very recently and helped Chelsea become champions twice in the last three seasons (didn't get a +1 after either of those titles). In the year between titles (plural) Begovic played quite a lot (Courtois got injured). He also didn't take as long as DDG to settle in. While DDG's performances were laughable back when he had to be bedded in, Courtois immediately performed, became champion in his first year at the club and has been winning silverware throughout his career. Looking at all those major honours it's just wrong that SM haven't handed a +1 to Courtois.

PS too much Tractor FC talk in here. Back to your containment thread, TalentSearcher. You want to talk about players snubbing Snubchester Utd or anything else customers care about, that's the thread to do it in.

3 hours ago, 1000dB said:

I don't care about the "net spend trophy", I doubt you understood that, but hey-ho. Juve paid in 3 easy installments for Cuadrado, €20m was the 3rd one, and his wages should be paid by Juve as well. More importantly, Chelsea don't have the highest wage bill in the league but did win the title twice (FYI winning titles is good). The highest wage bill belongs to 6th (sixth) placed Snubchester Utd, the club that's getting snubbed by Ronaldo according to your posts in their thread and I guess is getting snubbed by every other player linked to the club that isn't coming (TBF some have actually snubbed Tractor FC). Oh yea, Chelsea don't have owners that expect to receive a disgusting amount from the club. Can't spend all of that noodle money. We'll see over the next two months if Chelsea will have a good window or dumps money on players like Martial and Pogba who haven't done much to repay the club.

DDG is playing for a club that even struggles to get into the top 4 the last 4 (four) years and in the little CL football the noodle salesmen get they can't even survive a weak group with the likes of PSV, KDBless Wolfsburg and CSKA (doesn't look like a CL group at all TBH). Last season he wasn't that great m8 despite Mourinho-ball. In the years before, Money Utd would have given any keeper plenty of opportunity to shine. With DDG the club still struggled, oh yea apologies, 4th place once in the last 4 (four) years is somewhat decent for a small club. Oblak pales in comparison to what Courtois achieved in his career and at Atleti. Also, "years ago", SMH, Courtois won the golden glove very recently and helped Chelsea become champions twice in the last three seasons (didn't get a +1 after either of those titles). In the year between titles (plural) Begovic played quite a lot (Courtois got injured). He also didn't take as long as DDG to settle in. While DDG's performances were laughable back when he had to be bedded in, Courtois immediately performed, became champion in his first year at the club and has been winning silverware throughout his career. Looking at all those major honours it's just wrong that SM haven't handed a +1 to Courtois.

PS too much Tractor FC talk in here. Back to your containment thread, TalentSearcher. You want to talk about players snubbing Snubchester Utd or anything else customers care about, that's the thread to do it in.

I just love how your bragging about Chelsea even know Chelsea in between the 2 title win, Chelsea finished 10th. Can't spend oodles of Money but what flop did you buy for 50mil? When Chelsea wins a trophy, they hardly invest for next season

4 years, 3 different managers and styles but DDG hasn't struggled, he bee United stand out player and It was a good season last year under Mourinho.

You don't get it about Oblak, Courtois etc. Courtois in between the 2 titles finished 10th and had no European football even if he was injured - Oblak last 2 seasons concede less than 50 goals, been CL TOTY 2 years running, last 3 years A.Madrid has made Quarter finals or better in CL - IMO that the reason Coutois shouldn't get +1 and why Oblak has

41 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

@TalentSearcher you unironically believe that 1 poor season between winning titles is worse than 4 seasons of mediocrity, LMAO.

Oblak has been consistently performing under A.Madrid, Even coming minutes away from winning the CL. Courtois and Chelsea haven't plus he was out for 3 months.

4 years of changing managers etc

27 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Oblak has been consistently performing under A.Madrid, Even coming minutes away from winning the CL. Courtois and Chelsea haven't plus he was out for 3 months.

4 years of changing managers etc

He almost won it? almost?! By golly!! 

How many trophies has Oblak won at Atletico? 

Has Oblak won the Premier League golden glove? FYI just to let you know neither has De Gea..

Oblak had made the CL team of the season though, as has Courtois, not De Gea though..

ibra saw, Ibra came, Ibra conquered.. 6th place..

3 hours ago, ashtini said:

He almost won it? almost?! By golly!! 

How many trophies has Oblak won at Atletico? 

Has Oblak won the Premier League golden glove? FYI just to let you know neither has De Gea..

Oblak had made the CL team of the season though, as has Courtois, not De Gea though..

ibra saw, Ibra came, Ibra conquered.. 6th place..

You and 1000dB are like Liverpool fans - talking about honours in the past especially 1000dB on Courtois in A.Madrid - Are Chelsea fans forgetting the season in between the title wins?

Simple last 3 years 14/15 15/16 16/17

Oblak - Games 11, 7 Clean sheets, 6 Conceded Games 38, 24 clean sheets,18 conceded Games 30, Clean Sheets 15, 21 conceded

Courtois - Games 32, 12 clean sheets, 30 Conceded Games 29, 5 Clean sheets, 29 conceded Games 36, Clean Sheets 15, Conceded 28

De Gea - Games 37, 11 Clean sheets, 36 conceded Games 34, 15 clean sheets, 33 conceded Games 35, 14 clean sheets, Conceded 29

Stats don't lie. You talk about De Gea, he roughly has same as Courtois but better 15/16 in Clean sheets.

What has Courtois done in Europe under Chelsea?

Trophies aren't everything. By that metric, Alex the Brazilian full back is one of the best in history. And I wouldn't say that Riyad Mahrez is better than, say, De Bruyne, because KDB hasn't won any trophies yet. 

Oblak may not have won any trophies in the past few seasons, but hey, that's hardly his fault, he's playing in a league with the two best sides in the world. Stick Chelsea in La Liga, and I don't see them winning any silverware. 

And Man U's recent struggles has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do do with De Gea. I'm quite sure even [insert legendary goalkeeper] wouldn't have saved Man U these past few seasons: their outfield players have been choking horribly.

So stop slating off Oblak and De Gea. Their recent lack of silverware isn't their fault, and shouldn't be used to compare them with Courtois.  

1. Can trophy wins not be used as a stat?

2. Comparing Chelsea winning 2/3 of the last Premier League championships to Liverpool is laughable, nobody is talking about Liverpool.

3. I'm not slating either De Gea or Oblak, I like both and see then as neither better nor worse than Courtois. 

4. Chelsea may not win La Liga but neither has Oblak.

1 hour ago, jlammy said:

Trophies aren't everything. By that metric, Alex the Brazilian full back is one of the best in history. And I wouldn't say that Riyad Mahrez is better than, say, De Bruyne, because KDB hasn't won any trophies yet. 

Oblak may not have won any trophies in the past few seasons, but hey, that's hardly his fault, he's playing in a league with the two best sides in the world. Stick Chelsea in La Liga, and I don't see them winning any silverware. 

And Man U's recent struggles has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do do with De Gea. I'm quite sure even [insert legendary goalkeeper] wouldn't have saved Man U these past few seasons: their outfield players have been choking horribly.

So stop slating off Oblak and De Gea. Their recent lack of silverware isn't their fault, and shouldn't be used to compare them with Courtois.  

sorry mate but when you're talking about players who are on the same level played for the same team's trophies are what's going to separate them, you say Oblak has been playing in a league with the two best sides isn't that the same league Courtois won a league title with? yes the same Courtois who mr Talentsearcher said was minutes away from winning UCL it was Courtois not Oblak who did that but as he doesn't actually watch football just goes on google to look up stats i'm not surprised, guy says anything to help his points, also as i see your a madrid fan you will remember Courtois perfomance in the copa del rey final in Mourinhos last game where he was Man of the Match vs Madrid at the Bernabau the guy was dominating Ronaldo at the age of 21 please do tell me of i'm wrong mr lammy, so anyone in here talking about quality needs to start watching football or stop talking nonsense, this conversation started because someone said he should be rated the same level as De gea saying that he has not rised since start of 2015 so yes when you compare the performances and trophies won he should easily be 94

Cvil, what are you talking about? - Starting line up vs Real Madrid in the final - Oblak; Juanfran, Savic, Godin, Filipe Luis; Saul, Gabi, Fernandez, Koke; Griezmann, Torres

I can see Oblak name there not Courtois in 2016 so that hushes you

Courtois at A.Madrid is the PAST, He is at Chelsea now and no 1 answered my question, what has Courtois Done under Chelsea (I put that in bold as you all keep mentioning his A.Madrid days) in Europe?

This is like saying put the whole Leicester squad rating at 90 as they did the impossible or even put Kante up to 95 as he was part of the miracle and won the title BUT never played in Europe or even Celtic squad all up to 90 as the keep winning the Scottish league each year

Oblak has been ridiculously great in goal if you look at his stats under A.Madrid and IN EUROPE but Courtois Chelsea finished 10th and following season no European football therefore no rating change,

Zlat's All Folks!!!

@jlammy trophies are quite important though (especially when the player has contributed to winning them). The game isn't about net spend nor dabbing. KDB did win silverware: title and cups in Belgium (but hey-ho it's Belgium), the German Cup and Supercup (+ runners-up with a side that went to sh1t after he left). He even got shortlisted for the Ballon d'Or playing for a club that isn't exactly Bayern/Real/Barca. He also picked up a few individual awards:

Also, a friendly reminder that Courtois played for a poorer Atleti and the club made a giant step when he was there (with the Atleti connection it's fair enough to compare them). The excuses you give for Oblak also apply to Courtois, even more so. Still he helped Atleti become Champions of Spain after breaking the duopoly, Cup winner, EL Champion, Uefa Supercup, GK of the year, Zamora trophies, CL TOTS and was a CL finalist. Oblak hasn't won a single trophy with Atleti. In the meantime Courtois won the League Cup with Chelsea and oh yea in those 3 years Chelsea won the title TWICE.

Also, Real should really stop sending Courtois birthday cards and flowers. It's embarrassing.

@TalentSearcher stop projecting m8. Have you heard nostalgia-drooling customers lately? 4 (four) years of mediocrity b-but Snubchester Utd is still a big club, "we" won the "treble", next year is our year, la. TBH next year it's between Chelsea and City, Spurs probably make the top 4 and one of Arsenal, Liverpool and Snubchester Utd gets the top four "trophy" (maybe even get some competition from another club). In the CL Chelsea have a better record than Snubchester Utd. That's not saying much though as Snubchester Utd only made it once into the CL after Courtois returned from his loan and they were in a group with the likes of PSV, KDBless Wolfsburg and CSKA. Snubchester Utd couldn't even survive such a very weak group. BTW Oblak didn't save a single penalty in that final, Real scored all 5, and the most memorable moment was Carrasco scoring and kissing his girlfriend. Also, learn to read kiddo. Courtois's honours at Chelsea got quite a few mentions and as both Oblak and Courtois have played for Atleti their success (or lack thereof) at that club will get a mention as well (odd how relevant sh1t is relevant no matter how much you cry about it).

Clean sheets, really, OK then. When Courtois was about to reach the milestone of 100 clean sheets I stumbled upon an amazing comparison: Cech only had 37 clean sheets before the age of 23, Neuer 60, Buffon 62 and Casillas comes closest with 71 clean sheets before the age of 23. The least you can say about Courtois is that he's ahead of the curve (well over 100 clean sheets before the age of 23). He already has surpassed the 150 mark before turning 25. 200 coming up.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/uploads/monthly_2017_05/C_Z0SaAW0AIsiTO.jpg.0bc893bd1764438580362534e56a65e6.jpg

@Kev maybe they should win some silverware then instead of tin pot cups (oddly Tractor FC have more success in the micky mouse competitions and often bench DDG in those). For some reason Oblak who won fa with Atleti has had 2 (two) rises in 2017 alone and has the same rating as Courtois who hasn't had a rise in two and a half years despite winning a boatload of silverware. DDG, rated 94, had 3 rises in that same timeframe (again, apologies, he won the "treble" this year) and Oblak went from 87 to 93 in the last two years (you'd have to add another 1/2 year to that since Courtois's last +1). Nothing against these 2 guys yet I'd say SM definitely haven't been generous when Chelsea were reviewed. At the very least Dave and Courtois should get +1s ahead of the new season.

10 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Cvil, what are you talking about? - Starting line up vs Real Madrid in the final - Oblak; Juanfran, Savic, Godin, Filipe Luis; Saul, Gabi, Fernandez, Koke; Griezmann, Torres

I can see Oblak name there not Courtois in 2016 so that hushes you

Courtois at A.Madrid is the PAST, He is at Chelsea now and no 1 answered my question, what has Courtois Done under Chelsea (I put that in bold as you all keep mentioning his A.Madrid days) in Europe?

This is like saying put the whole Leicester squad rating at 90 as they did the impossible or even put Kante up to 95 as he was part of the miracle and won the title BUT never played in Europe or even Celtic squad all up to 90 as the keep winning the Scottish league each year

Oblak has been ridiculously great in goal if you look at his stats under A.Madrid and IN EUROPE but Courtois Chelsea finished 10th and following season no European football therefore no rating change,

Zlat's All Folks!!!

so when did he come minutes away from winning it? you were clearly referring to the final in which Ramos scored in the last minute, were Atletico were seconds away from winning but nice try, only God knows what your harping on about now you always use some random bs to fit your flaling argument, your comparing a man who has won 1 La liga, 1 copa del rey, 1 Uefa Cup, 2 premier league titles to Leicester city players this is the last time i respond to your nonsense you are the only one talking about Leicester and Celtic, and funny enough you haven't responded to my post on Utd's thread i guess you finally realised you'd been proved wrong so you've put your efforts in spewing your rubbish on the Chelsea thread 

4 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

@Kev maybe they should win some silverware then instead of tin pot cups (oddly Tractor FC have more success in the micky mouse competitions and often bench DDG in those). For some reason Oblak who won fa with Atleti has had 2 (two) rises in 2017 alone and has the same rating as Courtois who hasn't had a rise in two and a half years despite winning a boatload of silverware. DDG, rated 94, had 3 rises in that same timeframe (again, apologies, he won the "treble" this year) and Oblak went from 87 to 93 in the last two years (you'd have to add another 1/2 year to that since Courtois's last +1). Nothing against these 2 guys yet I'd say SM definitely haven't been generous when Chelsea were reviewed. At the very least Dave and Courtois should get +1s ahead of the new season.

3 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

Come off it - I know you're not an idiot and you know how football works. By that logic Keylor Navas is the best out of the lot. 2 CL titles and La Liga this year. That logic is just poor and you know it doesn't work like that. Unless you think that Maxwell is the greatest player ever because he has 37 trophies, followed by Ryan Giggs as the second most decorated in history. Those guys are better than Pele, Messi, Maradonna, Best, Cryuff etc...?