Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

6 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Funny how your laughing at SkySports media etc and you post this on the united thread ages ago.... now who has egg on their face or head up their ass? You

Believe what you want, Conte wanted Lukaku

Just checked the mirror, no egg on this handsome face. Also my head is way too big to fit up my ass.

Look how wrong they were, kinda just proves my point about Sky Sports. Thank you.

Conte never wanted Lukaku, never EEEEEVVVVR. You stupid idiot!

13 minutes ago, Jamie3184 said:

Just checked the mirror, no egg on this handsome face. Also my head is way too big to fit up my ass.

Look how wrong they were, kinda just proves my point about Sky Sports. Thank you.

Conte never wanted Lukaku, never EEEEEVVVVR. You stupid idiot!

It doesn't prove a point as that was a Week before a FA cup Final and Mourinho came in on FA Cup day. SkySports Sources can fast change

You must believe skysports media posting that and skysports said Conte is frustrated over Chelsea not getting Lukaku, I don't think you ever mentioned that Italy media source once

Like I keep saying, when United were strongly linked with Morata, why didn't Chelsea step in if Conte wanted Morata? Never once stepped in - Before you keep saying the Director name as you have no reply, Ain't they meant to listen to what the manager wants? That what Woodward doing to Mourinho even know its slow

43 minutes ago, ashtini said:

'Around' a £70m fee agreed for Morata. As a pretty avid Real Madrid fan I'm personally delighted he's joining (despite the fee) - I just hope it goes smoothly and competes pretty swiftly.

Small change to the English side to be honest.

55 minutes ago, ashtini said:

Yep and anything to keep Conte happy makes me happy.

Real gearing up for a monster Mbappe bid!

Fee is actually £58m with add ins that could make it 70, so pretty good in this market, let's just hope he can do the business 

Making him the most expensive Chelsea signing ever (just like that other Spanish striker). Let's hope things turn out much much better, in which case I can see him move back to Real, as Morata hasn't burned any bridges. It sounds like he's keeping open the possibility that he'll return one day. Now he'll have to perform over an entire season and start against all the top sides. No more stat-padding his strike rate against relegation fodder or tired legs when coming on late.

According to football-leaks Hazard's fee was only £28m and he had won a sh1tload of trophies, for his club and individual honours, as the main contributor to a side that hadn't won anything since just after WWII. Hazard was filling the air with electricity virtually all the time back in Ligue 1 (you were expecting something to happen every time he received the ball and he still holds record for the longest run of apps in Ligue 1). Morata OTOH has been handed a very limited amount of minutes for somebody who's about to turn 25yo.

Regardless, it was about time Chelsea signed somebody and I'm happy he can be properly bedded into the team before the PL starts again. Expecting Lukaku v. Morata to be brought up quite often, yay?

I think Morata is a very good signing for Chelsea, a very good player and probably more suited to your style of play than Lukaku.

Lukaku is a better fit for Man United as United have been after a CF who doesn't drop deep all the time, for me its been one of United problems recently with Rooney and Zlatan always playing too far back.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the Lukaku vs Morata weekly updates.

Conte removing any lingering doubt about Costa's future and it doesn't sound like he's all too pleased with the current state of the transfer market. Also, Chelsea are rumoured to be asking £50m for Matic from Utd. Possibly they'll be paying for Morata after all (a big chunk at least).

Morata, who underwent a medical in London on Thursday, will cost a club record fee which starts at £58million and could rise to £70m.

'For sure this transfer market is crazy,' said Conte. 'Not only for this season, but now if you want to buy a simple player - a normal player - you have to start to think about spending 40 to 50 million euros.

'It's incredible this situation but there is this situation and we must live with it.

'Lukaku cost a lot of money but the same with [Alex] Lacazette and Arsenal who spent 65m euros. For a right-back you spend 60-70m euros. This is the situation now.

'We must be very good and not make a mistake when we buy a player. You have to spend a lot and it is very important to make the right choice.' - DM

As expected Morata's farewell was basically a love letter to Real. Best case scenario he does really well and Real comes calling with a huge bag of money (guessing they're getting their fax machine regularly serviced now).

Some very crappy rags reporting Real will look to sign Hazard. I don't doubt they'll link Hazard with Barca as well if they haven't already with all the Neymar stories getting clicks (or they can just recycle the Hazard to PSG stories). TBH Zidane does like Hazard a lot and vice versa. Eventually Real could come for him but this summer seems very unlikely.

"But he just had one call from Antonio Conte. Manchester United came with three different contract offers and Chelsea did not present one. United wanted him more and that’s the reason he chose them. Rom had it clear that he wanted to start pre-season properly with a new team. Chelsea kept waiting and waiting so he thought “United have come with a good offer, Mourinho has great ideas and he was 100 per cent sure Mourinho wanted him”.

‘At first he was like “Let me wait a bit and see what other clubs are doing”. But United wouldn’t take no for an answer. After the second offer he thought “Hmmm, they really want me”. Then it was a third time and it was “Hmmm with a few “M’s” then the fourth came and it was “OK, I’m going to Manchester”. Pogba was talking up United but it was always going to Romelu’s own decision.’ - DM

It already sounded like the board dragged their feet and according to this quote Utd really wanted him, more than Chelsea did.

9 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Since 2003, Chelsea has spent over £335mil just on 19 strikers

Considering how much Money Utd have been spending in the last 4 (four) years alone it's a bit silly to bring up what Chelsea have paid for 19 strikers in the last 14 years. A yearly reminder that Money Utd are trying to buy the league but are failing to do that with the highest wage bill in the PL and the most expensively assembled squad in world football. Usually even failing to buy a top 4 finish let alone challenging for the title (one 4th place finish in the last 4 years was their best "result").

X2UmQkD.jpg

12 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Considering how much Money Utd have been spending in the last 4 (four) years alone it's a bit silly to bring up what Chelsea have paid for 19 strikers in the last 14 years. A yearly reminder that Money Utd are trying to buy the league but are failing to do that with the highest wage bill in the PL and the most expensively assembled squad in world football. Usually even failing to buy a top 4 finish let alone challenging for the title (one 4th place finish in the last 4 years was their best "result").

I like how everyone calls Man United, Money United. Chelsea has spent £426.1mil in the last 4 years.

A lot of arguing on here. So is it possible to look purely at a friendly question on Chelsea's future potentials?

Question: Which say 5 uncapped players are MOST likely in your opinion to

A: break through to play for the first team  

B: break through to play for the first team regularly

Also can U make an estimate of the time it will take them to do it.

I realise with a really strong First team & so many great prospects, it's not an easy question. That's why I'm asking such a lot of choice, but I haven't seen them play :(

Many thanks Socca:)

3 hours ago, ashtini said:

I know right, like watching 3 Lindelof's wasn't it.

Lindelof did 1 mistake, Chelsea were all over the place in defence, Could of been an Arsenal Vs Bayern scoreline

I Loved how someone in the crowd had a wenger out sign

51 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

A lot of arguing on here. So is it possible to look purely at a friendly question on Chelsea's future potentials?

I realise with a really strong First team & so many great prospects, it's not an easy question. That's why I'm asking such a lot of choice, but I haven't seen them play :(

IMO Going to be a Long time until someone breaks in at Chelsea and play regularly as all Chelsea do is buy youth, loan to sister club Vitesse normally, then sell on for profit. Normally killing their potential.

1 hour ago, Soccahappy said:

Lots of players on the cusp.

Kenedy hasn't helped himself in China. Boga & Musonda are getting some good experience in the first team this summer.

Baker, Abraham & Loftus-Cheek are the 3 I most hope we don't squander (I think a hell of a lot of Chalobah so was gutted we sold him).

Going further into the youth ranks Clarke-Salter looks highly promising. Tomori, Feruz, Aina, Colkett & Mount are highly thought of.