• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Sandro is giving it to Essien' date=' something that doesn't happen very often. Personally, I've not been too impressed with the ref at times, but a player that's doing well, is Torres. Looks sharp and was unlucky with the chance from the corner.[/quote']

Essien has been shades of the player we've seen dominating games. Doesn't seem fully fit.

I thought it was straight away' date='but the whole ball wasnt over the line,but it took me 3 replays at least:D[/quote']
Does the ball not usually have to cross the line for a team to score?

Fifa or Uefa will say....extra official would have said no goal :rolleyes:

Really feel for Spurs

Not when your in blue at The Bridge :rolleyes:

*cough* Roy Caroll vs Spurs. I guess Spurs arent getting a good run with these goal line decisions!

The game needs goal line technology, why are old duds preventing such a simple solution to dubious decisions? Surely more time is wasted in a game by players feigning injury than looking at a replay...

The 'goal' was Gomes' fault. He should never have given the linesman a decision to make. The main issue is the howler, the decision is only a side issue realistically.

The ball was about 4 5ths over the line and it is understandable why it was given despite incorrectly. I think any linesman could have given it. Look how thick the line is also. Any thicker and the line would basically be at the back of the net.

I don't see how anyone could blame the officials for such a tight decision.

Lack of goal line technology is the only problem here.

The 'goal' was Gomes' fault. He should never have given the linesman a decision to make. The main issue is the howler' date=' the decision is only a side issue realistically.

The ball was about 4 5ths over the line and it is understandable why it was given despite incorrectly. I think any linesman could have given it. Look how thick the line is also. Any thicker and the line would basically be at the back of the net.

[b']

I don't see how anyone could blame the officials for such a tight decision.[/b]

Lack of goal line technology is the only problem here.

Well he is being blamed as he cannot be 100% sure that the ball is over the line. So why did he make the call??

I totally agree with everything else (apart from the goal line thing as they are all the same) you put apart from that.

Well he is being blamed as he cannot be 100% sure that the ball is over the line. So why did he make the call??

I totally agree with everything else (apart from the goal line thing as they are all the same) you put apart from that.

Because he has to make a call, that is his job. What if it was over and he was still badly placed, is that reason to not give it? That would also be incorrect.

My initial reaction when i seen it was over the line. The officials don't get the benefit of slow motion replays like we do.

There are at least 10 decision a game where the referee or linesman will never be 100% sure but has to make a call regardless.

Because he has to make a call' date=' that is his job. What if it was over and he was still badly placed, is that reason to not give it? That would also be incorrect.

My initial reaction when i seen it was over the line. The officials don't get the benefit of slow motion replays like we do.

There are at least 10 decision a game where the referee or linesman will never be 100% sure but has to make a call regardless.[/quote']

Yeah a call of "couldn't clearly see it" would be justified. Cannot just make a decision on a hunch :rolleyes:

And there is not 10 decisions in which a ball "looks" over the line. I can see your arguement in some aspects....you are just not putting the case forward well enough.

Yeah a call of "couldn't clearly see it" would be justified. Cannot just make a decision on a hunch :rolleyes:

And there is not 10 decisions in which a ball "looks" over the line. I can see your arguement in some aspects....you are just not putting the case forward well enough.

But it wouldn't be 'justified' because it would be wrong. What you are saying is Pedro Mendes' ghost goal against Manchester United was the correct decision on the basis that the linesman couldn't see it, which is clearly incorrect.

But it wouldn't be 'justified' because it would be wrong. What you are saying is Pedro Mendes' ghost goal against Manchester United was the correct decision on the basis that the linesman couldn't see it' date=' which is clearly incorrect.[/quote']

So you will justify the wrong decision he made today.

Yet if he feels he can't decide on something next time you wont justify it even of he is right? :confused:

Slightly hypocritical or just not very well explained again.

The ghost goal....the lino was WELL out of distance and as you say "Linos refs dont get slow motion like we do"

Done trying to explain here....

Also swings and roundabouts how Carlo moans for a pen (which it probably was) yet quiet about the "goal" :rolleyes: