• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

How come? .....

dont rate van basten at all - how he's got jobs like the holland team, ajax and seemingly chelsea is beyond me, purely living off his rep as a player. will turn out like scolari, will get sacked around jan/feb and roman will get hiddink back in the managers seat

dont rate van basten at all - how he's got jobs like the holland team' date=' ajax and seemingly chelsea is beyond me, purely living off his rep as a player. will turn out like scolari, will get sacked around jan/feb and roman will get hiddink back in the managers seat[/quote']

I'd prefer to just have Hiddink straight up as manager, not as all this director of football lark. :o

Hiddink or Mourinho..

I'd prefer to just have Hiddink straight up as manager' date=' not as all this director of football lark. :o

Hiddink or Mourinho..[/quote']

hiddink as manager would make total sense, having him as DoF will mean that when van basten doesnt win a few games the fans will chant for hiddink to come downstairs, utterly stupid move

I really like Carlo, he's a really nice guy but... i think we needed a change.

He didn't seem to have any control whatsoever, the board were running everything.

What we need is a manager to take charge, a respected manager who has a proven track record.

For that reason i feel like Villa Boas may be too inexperienced.

What we need is Hiddink or Mou, as i doubt Mou will join, it's Hiddink for me.

Roman obviously respects Hiddink ad i think he could do a great job and really take charge of Chelsea. Chelsea need a manager who decides who comes and goes, not the board making the decisions.

Hiddink would be a superb replacement, i rate him as one of the best managers in the world and what he did with South Korea was incredible.

So my vote definitely goes to Hiddink, we need someone to come in and take charge, which i'm sure Hiddink can come in and do.

I read somewhere that since Hiddink left chelsea he has been an "advisor" on team development and game tactics....

Personally i would love Mourinho to come back...

I think Abramovich needs to buck up his ideas.. we just CANNOT keep sacking managers pretty much every season orr every other season! this is why the club can win the champions league! Chelsea need stability.... and managers are not going to want to take over knowing they will most likely be sacked at the end of the season if not before! and abramovich and the chelsea board need to but there noses out of the transfers and leave it to the manager!

rant over :D

EDIT: When we lost Mourinho Frank Rijkaard was heavily linked with chelsea now carlo is gone hes linked again but not as strong as last time... anyone think he could do good a chelsea?

I read somewhere that since Hiddink left chelsea he has been an "advisor" on team development and game tactics....

and the chelsea board need to but there noses out of the transfers and leave it to the manager!

EDIT: When we lost Mourinho Frank Rijkaard was heavily linked with chelsea now carlo is gone hes linked again but not as strong as last time... anyone think he could do good a chelsea?

Yeah Hiddink has been an advisor for Chelsea and a few other teams apparantly.

100% agree, we need a manager to come in and start deciding who comes and who goes! Our next manager needs a lot more control.

Personally, i feel that Rijkaard would be the worst possible choice for Chelsea. I don't feel like he'd get enough control and it'd be like it was with Carlo, with the board having way too much control. We need a manager with a strong personality to come in and take charge. Hiddink or Mou for me.

Yeah Hiddink has been an advisor for Chelsea and a few other teams apparantly.

100% agree' date=' we need a manager to come in and start deciding who comes and who goes! Our next manager needs a lot more control.

Personally, i feel that [b']Rijkaard would be the worst possible choice for Chelsea[/b]. I don't feel like he'd get enough control and it'd be like it was with Carlo, with the board having way too much control. We need a manager with a strong personality to come in and take charge. Hiddink or Mou for me.

Yeah I'am with you we need either Hiddnik or Mourinho , but IMO I dont think Rijkard is really bad , dont forget his days with Barcelona , he was a great manager and he is also very experienced , need little but a tactical mind and he can control our team!

Yeah I'am with you we need either Hiddnik or Mourinho ' date=' but IMO I dont think Rijkard is really bad , dont forget his days with Barcelona , he was a great manager and he is also very experienced , need little but a tactical mind and he can control our team![/quote']

I'm not saying Rijkaard is a bad manager, infact i think he's a good manager, but... he's not right for Chelsea in its present state. We need someone to take charge, not for the board to continue controlling the club like they do and decide who goes and who stays. That's the managers job.

We need someone who has a very strong personality and i just don't think Frank Rijkaard has that.

I heard in unproven source that Abrahimovic gave an offer to Pellegrini but he refuse it !!

Yeah, i read that on Goal.com... but goal.com post all kinds of stuff and rarely are there transfer rumours true.

I can see big changes going on this summer though :). Looks like we're in prime position to secure Van Der Wiel, Neymar and Lukaku. If we secure those three then all we really need is a creative midfielder. Sneijder would be my preference. It looks like it's going to be a busy summer :).

I can see big changes going on this summer though :). Looks like we're in prime position to secure Van Der Wiel' date=' Neymar and Lukaku. If we secure those three then all we really need is a creative midfielder. Sneijder would be my preference. It looks like it's going to be a busy summer :).[/quote']

It would be amazing if we can get them both, and even better if we get sneidjer. But TBH we need the creative midfielder to be a right winger. Then sell Drogba and we can go back to the 4-3-3 we made great last season. Hazard would be good, as would Hulk or Sanchez. A Hail Mary would be Pedro.

But a new chelsea means goodbye to Mikel, Drogba, Bosingwa Zhirkhov and Anelka, all very sad departures. But it will be worth it. Champions League 2012 here we come. :D

My ambitions for this summer transfers.

IN:

Hiddink

Van der Wiel

Neymar

Lukaku - then send on loan for a few months.

Sinclair - back from loan.

Bale

Aguero - If Drogba leaves.

OUTS:

Ferriera

Bosingwa

Mancienne

Anelka

Malouda - Only if Bale arrives.

Drogba

EDIT: Would also love a new CAM. Sneidjer would fit the bill perfectly but wouldn't mind somebody like Kaka. He could find his top form again with us.

It would be amazing if we can get them both' date=' and even better if we get sneidjer. But TBH we need the creative midfielder to be a right winger. Then sell Drogba and we can go back to the 4-3-3 we made great last season. Hazard would be good, as would Hulk or Sanchez. A Hail Mary would be Pedro.

But a new chelsea means goodbye to Mikel, Drogba, Bosingwa Zhirkhov and Anelka, all very sad departures. But it will be worth it. Champions League 2012 here we come. :D[/quote']

I'd still like to keep Didier, i'd love him to win the CL with us next year and then move on to OM.

Not a fan of Pedro's, i'd rather Aguero, although he would be very expensive and i think he's a bit over rated. 4-3-3 is defintely the formation to go for, a front three of Neymar, Torres and Aguero/Hazard/Hulk would arguably be the best in the world alongside Barca's.

Next Season's Team:

Neymar Torres Aguero

Lampard Essien Sneijder

A.Cole Terry D.Luiz V.D.W

Cech

The other option would be as you said to have a RW who could be the creative mid.

We could also play in a 4-3-1-2 formation with a CAM in the hole. Sometimes you can become too narrow playing like this but with Neymar as one of the strikers and Ramires as one of the midfield three, i think we'd still get enough width.

Neymar Torres

Sneijder

Lampard Essien Ramires

A.Cole Terry D.Luiz V.D.W

Cech

I actually think with our players this formation could work too. Neymar would drift out to the left whilst Ramires would help fill in on the right, plus with wing backs i'm sure we'd still have enough width.

When you posted that link i didnt expect anything as it was to a CFC forum.However club forums can be useful but even on that one people are saying it wont happen.

Whats changed lol ! thought you was posting about something new.

Seems he is owned 60% by santos and 40% by investors.:(

I am even hearing rumors that 2 chelsea officers are at santos training ground though.

Just hope we reach some form of agreement:)

Chelsea to keep Drogba but sell Anelka.

drogba-anelka-chelsea-cropped

Chelsea supremo Roman Abramovich wants to keep Didier Drogba - but Nicolas Anelka faces the Stamford Bridge exit.

The Blues' Russian ruler is fielding interest in veteran hitman Drogba personally in the absence of either a manager or director of football at the club - but his preference is to keep the long-serving star.

Turkish giants Galatasaray are interested in Drogba and will offer him a lucrative final pay-day, while Tottenham chief Harry Redknapp is also keen if the deal is right.

But the word from the top at Chelsea is that Drogba will be kept on Abramovich's orders - so the next coach will have to work out how the Ivorian and Fernando Torres can play together.

French star Anelka looks to be the dressing-room fall-guy for the club's failure to land a trophy in the past season and will be sold if the right bid comes in.

Anelka has had a successful spell at Chelsea, but his days as a first-choice striker are over. While he may be prepared to go, his wages will intimidate likely bidders.

Abramovich knows there are some big issues to be solved in his side's attack for next season following the record capture of Torres.

Chelsea hope to have a boss installed in the next 10 days - with Guus Hiddink the main target and Redknapp the alternative - and there is also the question of bids for Sergio Aguero and Brazilian Neymar to be put to bed.

England Under-21 ace Daniel Sturridge also needs to know where he stands, with Bolton already in talks about taking him back for a second spell on loan.