• GC3
    • GC4
    • GC5
    • GC6
    • GC7
    • GC8
    • GC9
    • GC10

Hi, I made this thread because at the moment i am only in GC10, but am interested in joining another setup. I would like to know which is the best and most competitive setup in your opinion? What setup do you most look forward to logging onto? And why is it your Favorite.

Please only use the poll if you are in a Gold Setup.

Re: Which Gold Setup is the Best

I prefer Gold championship 10 but the only reason for that is because i have a club that i actually like and that is Plymouth Argyle, i was previously in Gold Championship 9 but i lost interest and gave them to someone else. I think all GC's start of well but then die down as a new one comes out.

But i have only been in 2 GC's so you will have to wait for someone else's opinion to see which one is the better. But never the less i will vote for GC 10. ;)

Depends what you like about management if its the transfer market I'd avoid gold 1, 2, 3 and 4

Gold 5 is competitive but the transfer markets almost dead as well

Gold 6 and 7 transfers are still active and the Spanish leagues in both are very competitive both with quite a few forums in

Gold 8's season has just finished and not alot of 89+ players are moving clubs just yet.

Gold 9 is just ticking along really not alot going on to be fair

Gold 10 is the same as gold 9 but with a more active transfer market

So for me - my fav is gold 7 - closely followed by 8, 6, 5 and 10

I think alot of people vote because of the teams they are.

Good summary SOP, I would agree with most if not all of the summary's of the GC's.

My favourite is GC6 because of the forum members involved and because I have built a nice Madrid side. ;)

GC7 has / was and still is really the best setup for transfers and I think that is the all time best GC so far but as I said, people will vote differently due to their side.

I'd go for GC7 too, this was my first GC that I joined from the start. I am very active in the transfer market still and regularly make deals. This is the second season and so far I have sold......Thierry Henry, Alessandro Nesta, Steven Gerrard, John Terry and Andres D'Alessandro.:eek::eek:

There is always stuff going on in this setup though and its by far my favourite!

I am in all the GC's though and enjoy them all but I have to say that 3,4 and 5 are the most dead in the transfer market. GC1 and GC2 are ok if you know what you are doing. I recently signed Messi and Alexandre Pato so you can get good players still.

I've gone for GC1, basically just because it was the first one ever made and it's still going great a year andd a bit on :)

Never been in 3 or 4 so can't really judge them, 2 is ok but that's about it. 5, same really, used to have a great Scandinvaian league full of forumers, but down to just 3 of us now.

6 used to be good, but it basically just went downhill after the 1st season imo, 7, 8 and 9 are all good, and 10 I think it's too early to say :rolleyes:

So, GC1 :P

GC-9 Is Unique ;)

Original Managers Of The Month / Year

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=16879

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=15755

Champions League & World Shield Comprehensive Match Reports & Pre Match Build Up

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=15652

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=15675

World Competition Co-Efficient Points Sytyme

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=17107

+ 1 Other Suprise Feture Coming In At End Of Season

All Mine :eek::D

Like George I have also gone for GC1. The first and still the best. They say that there no easy games in international football, but you should include GC1 in that too.

I guess similar to real life, you have got some very stiff competition for players and some excellent managers and squads. (Had a quick count and there are 71 managers with over 100 rep points, with about another 10 over 90!!!) So to even compete against the best in SM you have to really dig a little for players who are going to be the next big thing. Then just keep your fingers crossed until they are in your team.

Possibly daft of me to comment, as am only in GC1, but I love this setup more than any other I have been in SM, bar none.

I would be surprised if there are more competitive setups than this. I don't think there are any players 88+ who are unmanaged (or if they are, they are on a transfer ban or at a club with too few players for you to get them) and as HK mentioned nearly all the managers are experienced. Most of the others seem to know what they are doing too.

I also find I have a good rapport with most of the managers in the setup (and thats a lot of people) which I think is a real plus point and also the key to me signing so many players. It is tough to buy for cash but it is a different kind of challenge when you have to plan for the future or consider player trades all the time, so I love it.

First joined Gold 6 when I signed up for Sm didn't enjoy it all.

Gold 7 I quite like as I took over Sao Paulo near the end of last season when they were nearly relagated now I've got them back on top because the transfer market is so active.

Gold 8 was the first Gc that I got a team in from the start (Psv) and if my memory serves me correct this is when all the rediculas ammounts of cash for players started and the chairmain would just reject. So I quit Psv as I found it

boring.

Now though I manage Fc porto and I am enjoying the setup but unless you bum lick its hard to get any 90+ players thats why I have only bought youths.

Gold 9 hmm not much to say about it its alright so far got Sheff United in final so yeah its ok.

10 Worst yet I don't know I just cant get into it i think it may have something to do with me anticipating it so much then getting Santander when i wanted Celtic (Kirby) your managing my team :(

If I had to rate all gc's i've been in id rate:

Gold 6 - rating 6

Gold 7 - rating 8

Gold 9 - rating 7

Gold 10 - rating 5

I don't really care to much for Gc i prefer the world championships

It really matters which league your in and how you like managing your teams(if you just like buying lots of 90+ players stay away from gold setups)

Here's my opinion

Gold 1 = Leeds United

Enjoy this one im in league 2 and all clubs are managed which helps

Gold 2 = Paris Saint-Germain

Just getting my head round this one with Paris but had two season with Norwich City again most clubs are managed

Gold 3 = No Club

Gold 4 = Middlesbrough

Love this one but doing well so that helps

Gold 5 = IFK Göteborg

A lot of unmanaged teams in this but enjoying a good battle with George and LStev

Gold 6 = No Club

Gold 7 = Man City

Enjoying this one a good league

Gold 8 = Genoa

My first time in a Italian league and enjoying it with have a few managers off here in it

Gold 9 = No Club

Gold 10 = Morecambe

Only just started but should be a good one

So to answer the question i would just say there all great setups but go for the right leagues

GC 2, i have managed to stay active in this league from day one, and seem to make deals every season,and enjoy this one the best

GC 7, transfers happening still,few of the division are solid such as la liga with solid managers

GC 8, transfer bugs caused me alot of hardship at the start and don't have the decent squad that should have been do to this,but i find this league to be the toughest to acquire players in by far

GC 9, Some fishy happenings at the start of this one caused me to dislike it

GC 10, the ridiculous deals at the start turned me off from this ones, they where all over

GC9 and GC10 started off bigger(more members) then the other ones,but just like the rest they will suffer manager dropping once new setups get created or there teams play poor and do not enjoy losing.Along with managers swapping clubs within the set up annoyed me,these two setup have to be the dodgiest GC's i have been and still not sure why i am part of them,take a look at the first few turns in the transfer window and you will see what i mean

Can't say for the other ones as i didn't have the chance to get in from the get go and have not joined in late

• 2 weeks later...

I love all the Gold setups that I am involved in, but my favourite is Gold 7 as I am Hamburg and have started to build a decent squad, I like all of them as I have said so every one that I am in come a close second to GC7.

I think from GC5 upwards are the better ones to join because a lot of the managers in the lower GC's are just more reluctant to sell any players and wont even negotiate, a lot of managers in all setups don't even respond to transfer offers which I think is wrong, if you don't want to sell or get silly offers then make the players un-available......I don't like the way they counter either, like you offer for a 90 rated player with a bit of potential and they counter for your 2 best players, like say...a 92 and a 93 for a 90, its crazy. Get ready for that whichever setup you decide to join.