Who are the touchiest fans on SM?

Who are the touchiest fans on SM?  

1. 1.

Now i've seen time and time again people on this site who cannot take the slightest critcism of their team or their favourite player. The people who resort to swearing or start making things personal - NOT NICE!!

I am stirring up a little controversy I know, but please everyone take this as harmless fun and it is not meant to offend anyone. Note if it starts to get personal, I will just ask one of the mods to close this thread.

Some people would argue that the more touchy you are about your team, the more passionate you are; but is this the case?

I would like some opinions on who you feel are the most touchiest fans in Britain and why. Don't be afraid to vote for your own team (although I suspect most people will not :D ). Are you touchy about anything in particular about your team? Is there any particular criticism that people throw at your team which upsets you? I would encourage all to post the things people don't like hearing about your club or your favourite player and you never know, if enough people read that it upsets you, perhaps people will no longer come on and make such upsetting comments :rolleyes: .

Please think before you post and keep comments friendly. If you are not mature enough to abide by this then don't post :mad:

PS I tried to put the most popular teams in and couldn't include everyone :confused: . Please still post even if your team is not included in the options :) !

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Who are the touchiest fans on SM? The definition of a true supporter is one who fillows his/her team through thick or thin, when times are good or bad. I suspect most of the Liverpool supporters

Now i've seen time and time again people on this site who cannot take the slightest critcism of their team or their favourite player. The people who resort to swearing or start making things personal

Re: Who are the touchiest fans on SM? oops. There was supposed to be a poll attached but seems I don't know how to do them . If someone reads this please PM me and tell me how I can add a poll here?

Re: Who are the touchiest fans on SM?

I think the Liverpool fans are the quickest to reply to a comment about them......But all the Man Utd fans act ignorant about everything no matter what it is. Still think the Liverpool fans are the most defensive although they have a right to be at the moment.

Like the thread..Good idea:D

Liverpool

& Agree With Welshie United Fans Are Arrogant Glory Hunters' date=' Ronaldo Licking........,

Is There Even Any United Fans Here From Manxchester?[/quote']

Don't tell me you have to live in Manchester to be a United fan. I mean that's a silly comment. I don't live in Manchester but I am full blooded Manchester United fan. Some fans might be arrogant but not all and yes United fans love or even adore Ronaldo. I know many clubs would like have Ronaldo in their team to worship.

Well i think you should live near the club you support or at least have links to it, and my dads sisters aunts mom best friends daughter doesnt count :rolleyes:

Im gonna say Arsenal, they can do no wrong, But i reckon Newcastle fans are bleeding idiots no offense welshy but the majority think they are bigger and better than they are and they argue all night for that unreal causemnot so much on here but from my experience.

Well i think you should live near the club you support or at least have links to it' date=' and my dads sisters aunts mom best friends daughter doesnt count :rolleyes:

Im gonna say Arsenal, they can do no wrong, But i reckon Newcastle fans are bleeding idiots no offense welshy but the majority think they are bigger and better than they are and they argue all night for that unreal causemnot so much on here but from my experience.[/quote']

No offense taken, I am Welsh yes, but I do have links to Newcastle so I am ok!! (YEY!!!)

We are just too ambitious I know that, sometimes when the fans get interviewed I don't know how they can say what they do, they just want actual miracles!! We are so expectant because we give so much and dont really get anything back....How many fans would stand in the middle of Russia in the winter swinging their Footy shirts above their heads? Now thats Passion (or stupidity, i can never tell) LOL.:D

Us fans travel everywhere in huge numbers and the players don't produce. It makes us moan and expect.....

No offense taken' date=' I am Welsh yes, but I do have links to Newcastle so I am ok!! (YEY!!!)

We are just too ambitious I know that, sometimes when the fans get interviewed I don't know how they can say what they do, they just want actual miracles!! We are so expectant because we give so much and dont really get anything back....How many fans would stand in the middle of Russia in the winter swinging their Footy shirts above their heads? Now thats Passion (or stupidity, i can never tell) LOL.:D

Us fans travel everywhere in huge numbers and the players don't produce. It makes us moan and expect.....[/quote']

Not doubting Newcastle fans loyalty or stupidity ! :o Everyone knows they are very loyal, great fans some of the best in the game, and also very stupid :P ( joke, reference to swinging t-shirts in russia ! )

I think expectations from some of the fans is the problem to be fair, makes me cringe when they say some of the things they do, got worse when Ashley came along aswell, $$ signs hit their minds, they must of thought that was enough. Thing is with every club, mine included (villa) having new chairmans with big wallets it will be even harder for newcastle. Anyways back on top.

I think Leeds fans are touchy too, had a rant with one the other day lol !

Some good discussion on this thread so far :) . But i want to open up the discussion a bit more. It would be good if you could reveal what things really annoy you when they are said about your team. I'll give some examples:

A friend of mine is an avid Everton fan. Some 7-8 years ago a rumour was started in Liverpool that the club was racist as they had no black/asian players on their books. Now we all know that is not the case and we only have to look at Everton now - a fair few are not caucasian. However, some idiots started to band this rumour about and it really used to get on his nerves. To this day he remains touchy about the subject. i'm sure it would also annoy alot of Everton fans on here. The solution is to stop people saying this and undertsand that such things can be offensive. What I'm trying to do on this thread is to let people say what annoys them so others will not repeat it on this forum. I'm sure we can stop alot of the argument/fight culture that has started here.

Another one of my friends is a big (literally :P ) Blackburn fan. He always gets annoyed when people say Blackburn bought the premiership. Regardless of my views on this, I know it annoys him and he is touchy on the matter. The solution is to respect him and not to mention it.

Of course in the ideal world, this is a forum and we should all be able to say what we want and should stimulate discussion. But, in cases such as the ones I have shown above, where you know what you're about to say is going to offend one or more forumer and may result in alot of angry responses, perhaps the prudent thing is to think it but not say it.

I'm united fan and i do agree that alot of the time other united fans and myself are quick to start going on at people that talk about united in a bad way but sometimes it's a bit old about what they are slagging united over.Ronaldo when he first joined united was a panzy who would fall over if a 2 year old tipped him and i used to hate him but for the last 2 seasons he has matured but people still call hm a diver and he might do it the odd time and thats wrong but people should lay off him.Drogba dives sometimes and not many people say anything.I voted for liverpool fans because they always always go on about how they have won it 5 times and when they see one of there rival teams be beat by a bad team they slag off that team but when they get beat by that same team it's different lol.

well done with this thread it's a great idea

Well as I earlier said it was Arsenal for me and it still is and although this is said to be the 'touchiest fans on SM' the Arsenal fans I personally know are some of the worst.

One of my mates, and my mates are all Arsenal fans near enough :mad: thinks that he has the right to abuse Spurs, and after our early season he had a right dig at us.

Now this mate of mine doesnt watch football much, whenever on MSN on a MOTD night he asks 'wuu2' I say watching MOTD and he will say something like 'oh right'. So I will say Arsenal were whatever but were poor for whatever reason and I am honest and say how Arsenal played and he will then say bullsh*t etc and then have a big dig at Spurs and for example if it was a game where Arsenal couldnt find the end product etc he thinks he has a right to tell me that Arsenal are all this and Spurs are the worst side in the premiership and our defence is worse then Derby's. (His words not mine any Derby fans :D)

How can he even think he has a right to say these things when he doesnt even watch a game lol he never watches Arsenal games or anything. One of my mates has a few season tickets for Arsenal etc and so he goes from time to time with my mate and that is what he thinks gives him a right to defend Arsenal on no knowledge at all of what really happened.

Then he says something like, oh look who is top of the table. Lol some people are unbelieveable, Arsenal Vs Spurs rivalry or not you dont have a right to defend something you know nothing about etc.

Forumer wise Arsenal fans usually say how they are so perfect and then we have Mr Arsenal defender Danny Williams who would probably say right now that Bedtner is better then any Spurs striker and be serious about it :P

For me Arsenal fans here and the ones I personally know are way too over the top. I know that not all Arsenal fans are the same, my mate who has the season tickets is one that is serious and admits things and does agree when Arsenal have been terrible in some way and seeing he watches 70% of games every season it just sums it all up.

The Arsenal Spurs rivalry is stupid, the mate of mine who doesnt watch any games at all still didnt believe me when I said that it was probably the worst game the Arsenal defence had played vs Spurs in the 5-1, how he thinks that they have produced a worse performance then that game is just amazing :confused: He couldnt even agree with me then lol.

----------------------------

The forum Liverpool fans do come to the defence of they're side pretty quickly and I cant recall them admitting they're side is below par in/at any occassion but I do have a couple of mates who are Pool fans and one admits how poor Pool have been, especially recently while the other is just so optomistic he doesnt really look at the stats and tables. He still believes its Liverpool's year :confused: lol.

----------------------------

I think United fans should be more open and admit to things more, they are so strong etc that they do themselves no favours by saying that they are perfect as they are not. They do have these perfect and poor parts that they just need to bring up and honestly talk about more etc.

The forum Liverpool fans do come to the defence of they're side pretty quickly and I cant recall them admitting they're side is below par in/at any occassion but I do have a couple of mates who are Pool fans and one admits how poor Pool have been' date=' especially recently while the other is just so optomistic he doesnt really look at the stats and tables. He still believes its Liverpool's year :confused: lol.

[/quote']

I guess I didnt give my opinion and should...I have to agree to what you have said a little Dan. And I'm a Liverpool fan :o . We can be very touchy about certain things esp. not winning the title so long, Criticism of gerrard and also when people call us arrogant for bringing up the number ot times we've won the league or CL in the past.

Man Utd. fans can be very touchy on any criticism of Ronaldo and I have seen this alot on this forum. However, in many cases perhaps this is due to unfair criticisms as some have pointed out above.

The most touchy friends I have, however are those to whom I suggest Chelsea play a slightly boring brand of football at times. I don't think I've ever defended Liverpool when they suggest Liverpool can be boring, but simple the mention of the b word can get there temperatures boiling (and mouths going at times too lol :P ). I daren't use the "boring" word in their presence now.

PS By the way I voted Liverpool before I get a tirade of abuse :)

I am an Arsenal Fan Dan and I very rarely jump to my teams defence, if criticism is deserved then I will not defend it in anyway whatsoever. I think it's harsh to say Arsenal fans on here are the most defensive or touchy as the thread says as apart from Danny I don't think we are.

To be fair were all as bad as each other,also it depends on how you define criticism as well,i can take any flak when discussing my teams performance and players,manager etc ,but most times the other person is not having a proper debate he is actually being snidy and trying to be abusive about what your teams done of late to theirs.

Take the remark Liverpool fans always say ," weve won the European cup 5 times ", only usually comes out when the other person trying to rub your nose in it that you havnt won the league of late,so you tend to put all your cards on the table and what a nice card to play no other English club is near touching it .:D

Also that can not be classed as being touchy its just a smart arse reply to someone trying to be a smart arse.

Im also glad Smart Doc said his friend is an Everton fan 6-7 yrs ago because before this time there were only two teams on Mersey side ,Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.:eek:

Also he goes on to mention his Blackburn friend ,well respect to him but if he does get touchy because people say they bought the premiership he needs to get a reality check THEY DID.:P:D:)

Also i voted for myself.B)

I think what makes Liverpool fans bite quicker than others is the fact that every season they tell everyone that "this is the year they challenge for the title" yet every year (by january) they end up fighting for 4th!

Sorry but thats not biting quicker ,nothing wrong in LFC fans telling anyone that this year ,next year the year after and even if we won it by then the years after that were going to challenge for the title,FA cup ,champions league etc .

When our team starts any season their intentions and our expectations are to win everything ,wouldnt expect nothing less but that dosnt mean because we are fighting for 4th we werent challenging ,alls it means is we was but have failed miserably .:D

MAn Utd fans definately! i've had neg rep on here for posting my opinions about them in a non-aggressive way like saying that ronaldo is a big girl and that arsenal are a better playing team, they cant hack it when they lose a game and always big themselves up, if someone like nani scores 4 times against a team like aldershot then he instantly becomes a 'world-class legend' lol :rolleyes::D

Guest melbguy1

I reckon the fans that get offended or snap back the most are the fans that talk up their team or favourite player the most but deep down inside they know that they aren't the best, and in some cases no where near the best.

In the EPL it's the Liverpool fans.. they know it, we know it everyone knows that they aren't the team that the media/fans make them out to be. So they react the worst imo.

Man U fans I have always liked, ever since they were really kicking butt in the 90's. You couldn't shake up a Man U fan back then, they thought they were the best, we all thought they were the best and they actually were the best (in EPL). But since the C.Ronaldo best player in the world debates... well, they're pretty touchy about that.

In other leagues it's the same. In Italy it's always been Roma and Inter, they have never really met any expectations and their fans/owners have always been touchy (especially Inter). On the other hand you could say anything to a AC or Juve (until recently ;)) fan and it wouldn't phase them.

I voted Liverpool :)

sorry, but I was bored.

Guest melbguy1

Sorry but thats not biting quicker ' date='nothing wrong in LFC fans telling anyone that this year ,next year the year after and even if we won it by then the years after that were going to challenge for the title,FA cup ,champions league etc .

[/quote']

Well no, there's nothing wrong with that if your a one-eyed supporter of your club and not look at the quality that other teams have.

p.s still bored

Well i think you should live near the club you support or at least have links to it' date=' and my dads sisters aunts mom best friends daughter doesnt count :rolleyes:

Im gonna say Arsenal, they can do no wrong, But i reckon Newcastle fans are bleeding idiots no offense welshy but the majority think they are bigger and better than they are and they argue all night for that unreal causemnot so much on here but from my experience.[/quote']

I have to say I agree with Mr Adamski when he says you should support your local team. As you could probably guess, I'm a Hearts fan, and I am originally from Edinburgh. My point is, there are so many Rangers and Celtic fans in Edinburgh, yet there are 2 perfectly decent teams that play in the city. Why not go and see them!