Remember The Flops

Doe ©

Re: Remember The Flops

Your being a bit harsh now' date=' he only cost what £3 million, played a good lot of decent games for us, surely he was worth £3 million.

And Neller have you read Robbie Fowler's book, he hated him, said he was horrible, everybody would be sittin havin' a laugh, in walks Stan and it goes silent. Something like that he said.[/quote']

agree with you on Kewell, and yeah ive read the book but being hated doesnt make you a flop. his record for that season speaks for itself, he also assisted about 15 of Fowlers goals.

I aint saying he wasnt a flop because after that season he totaly went off the rails but I just was using the Biscan thing, if he wasnt a flop for 5 decent games in 2 years then collymore defo wasnt

Actually changed my mind on Kewell, he did have a decent 1st season and for 3 million you think yeah not bad.

then when you think about it (like i just did) LFC have paid Kewell over 11million in wages :eek:

14 million for a few goals in his 1st season

Actually changed my mind on Kewell' date=' he did have a decent 1st season and for 3 million you think yeah not bad.

then when you think about it (like i just did) LFC have paid Kewell over 11million in wages :eek:

14 million for a few goals in his 1st season[/quote']

Don't forget all the medical assitance physio and use of the LFC Facilities

MUFC FLOPS

From the top of my head...

Kleberson - our great brazilian:rolleyes:

Pique - count him as a flop came from Barca youth and done nothing special while in England...FLOP!

Djemba djemba - Boy did i hate him...totaly sh*t and don't know how he got signed!

Fortune - FLOP!

Taibi - PANTS!!!!!!

Veron - MMM another south american...signed for a ridicilous fee and didn't wait around to play his worth!

djemba djemba for villa aswelll, bought for 1.5 mil, never played at all lol ! shocking !

villa have had to many to list.

Bosko Balaban being up there, bought for around 6 milllion and loaned back the club we bought him off after a few months until the end of hs contract. shocking.

Berson = awful

many more, just thought id throw them in

Guest the plummer

Cant remember his name but chelsea signed him for a good 8 million or so then loaned him to portsmouth the next day:confused:

djemba djemba for villa aswelll' date=' bought for 1.5 mil, never played at all lol ! shocking !

Bosko Balaban being up there, bought for around 6 milllion and loaned back the club we bought him off after a few months until the end of hs contract. shocking.

Berson = awful

many more, just thought id throw them in[/quote']

What about Berger?

I didnt see him play at Villa much and then he got solded.

djemba djemba for villa aswelll' date=' bought for 1.5 mil, [b']never played at all lol[/b] ! shocking !

Berson = awful

many more, just thought id throw them in

He did play.

He did play.

thanks for the inciteful post ;) ! i didnt mean it literally, i meant rarely, was just trying to emphasise his lack of playing time. if were being precise according to one website he played 11 times in two years. thats just under 150k a game for shocking performances and im almost certain many of them were in the domestic cups and sub apperances

I think he was just there to make up numbers and did that. didnt perform well but never had any expectations for him. Same as sutton.

Yeah Sutton was a flop at Birmingham too.

One Birmingham flop i can deffo say was Tebily.

thanks for the inciteful post ;) ! i didnt mean it literally' date=' i meant rarely, [b']was just trying to emphasise his lack of playing time. [/b]if were being precise according to one website he played 11 times in two years. thats just under 150k a game for shocking performances and im almost certain many of them were in the domestic cups and sub apperances

Just checking..:)

Not forgetting David Bellion for Manchester United. Fergie must've lost his medication that summer with all those poor signings (bar Ronaldo).

On a Championship aspect, Chris Birchall has been one of our bigger flops of recent times. Signed from Port Vale after some impressive displays in the World Cup, he scored a belting goal against Norwich, and.............. Yeah. The fact that we've played non-right wingers in his position ahead of him says something. Never really impressed on loan to St. Mirren either. Will be surprised if he doesn't go on a free this summer. :rolleyes:

The season Leeds got relegated from the Prem we loaned in Roque Junior to try and improve our leaky defense. On his debut he scored an own-goal as we lost 4-0 to Leicester (who also got relegated =/). In fact, I think our defense got even worse after he joined.

Tbh, most of the players we've signed since then have been flops. We buy so many players and few of them play. In fact I didn't even know we had signed half of them until I looked through an old programme the other day!

Hmmm let's see... flops... Who springs to mind?

Steve *cough* Marlet *cough*

12m straight + 4m wages... played about 25 games... let go for free.

Awful.

How about a few from this year?

Kallio's never played for the first team

Litmanen

Davis (half season and looking to leave)

Cook, 2.5m, never played. Gona leave.

Kamara 6m - overpaid, good player though.

Arsenal flops -

Jeffers' date='

Reyes,

Baptista(loan),

Poom,

Shaaban,

And I have to include the worst player we've had in some time!

EBOUE[/quote']

Bit harsh to count Eboue as a flop surely? He's a first team regular isn't he? And what did he cost Arsenal, probably about 500k.

Arsenal flops -

Jeffers' date='

Reyes,

Baptista(loan),

Poom,

Shaaban,

And I have to include the worst player we've had in some time!

EBOUE[/quote']

Reyes and Baptista flops?

Reyes did pretty well in his first season.

And Baptista looked pretty impressive in his season on loan at the Gunners.

Eboue isnt even a flop. He had a good first season, was a regular. Just a very bad second season.

the person who made this useless thread deserves the death penalty

Personally' date=' I like it :)

I agree, it's probably in the wrong section but why not talk about players, who as some have pointed out are/were great but flopped in a big way in another country or club.

Honestly, if you don't like it then don't read it but save your energy and leave the negative comments and pointless critique in the closet. ;)

Back to the topic:

My contribution are 2 united GKs .....

[b']Fabien Bartez[/b] .... who was just a hopeless joke all round and despite being a WC winner with the french team in 1998, was a KLUTZ between the sticks. SAF what were you thinking? :confused:

AND

Mark Bosnich ......the aussie GK that showed what a huge talent he was whilst at Aston Villa discovered some new recreational enjoyment with the massive pay cheque United provided him with week in, week out.

In his case .... COKE wasn't IT! :P FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Herby