Leeds United Open Invitation

Re: Leeds United Open Invitation

This will sound as if im bragging but I beat you to it matt I won the 3rd division then the second and now im top of premier!

:o

Congratulations - but you have to win the league first! have you got a linky to your squad.

I'm only on my second season, and have a decent 88 rated team who are top of the division 2. I'll be winning the premier league next season :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Leeds United Open Invitation SMPL has been the top man at Leeds United for a little over 2 months now and already the change at the club has been more rapid and spectacular than anybody could h

Re: Leeds United Open Invitation NP fella, i stole the idea off you anyway when you told me about your Leeds united, when you work out how to post your squad, do it as its amazing.

Re: Leeds United Open Invitation Congratulations - but you have to win the league first! have you got a linky to your squad. I'm only on my second season, and have a decent 88 rated team who are to

Hehe, this is my first ever Leeds team. Took it over 22 weeks ago when I started SM. At that time the highest rated player was Eddie Lewis (84), and it was an awful team. Since then, over 22 weeks I've managed to buy tonnes of risers and I've worked up a quality team. Came 10th in Div 2 last season, mainly as I only got half these players at the end of the season, when I could sell the risers. Going for promotion this season.

sff1ic.jpg

Pepe and Pato in on loan. Onouha and Agbonlahor coming in when I've sold off Cordoba, Tejada, Zambrano and someone else.

Opinions?

• 2 months later...

In EC933, I'm now 33 games into my 2nd season with Leeds and 12 points top of the championship. I have hugely strengthened my squad to get this far and will continue to strengthen them before I go into the 1st division.

First team:

Fontana (89)

Sergio Snachez (87) --- Godin (90) --- Chiellini (92)

Santi Cazorla (92) --- Aquilani (91) --- Denilson (88) --- Diego Capel (90)

Barbarez (90)

Higuain (90) --- Kovacevic (89)

Average Rating 90, Average age 26, Average Value £6.1 milion

Substitutes:

Rui Patricio (87) --- Cafu (88) --- Diaby (88) --- Danny (88) --- Mata (89)

~Also got a number of important squad players and risers like:

- Djourou (87)

- Isla (86)

- Kroos (85)

- Busquets (85)

- Virido (85 -> 87)

- Ibisevic (85 -> 88/89?)

- El Hamdaoui (84 -> 87)

- Aliev (83 -> 88)

Also got a lot more players around the 84/85 mark and big risers like Dzagoev and Glushakov. See here.

Looking to strengthen before entering division 1 by getting:

- Right/center back (rated 90)

- Goalkeeper (91)

- Center Midfielder (90)

- (Possibly) Forward (91/92)

Great Team Ben, my Leeds are going OK, into the third Season now, heartbreak after we lost the title on the last day of the season, and started this season off with a unconvincing loss against a very strong Man City side.

First Team Now (4-2-3-1):

GK: Diego Lopez (90)

LB: Capdevilla (92)

RB: Lell (89)

CB: Zapata (90)

CB: Puygrenier (90)

DM:Senna (94)

DM: Simmons (91)

LM: Diego Capel (90)

RM: Rodrigo Taddei (91)

AM: Daniel Montenegro (91)

F: Aguero (94)

Second Team (4-2-3-1):

LB: Juan Vargas (90)

RB: Konko (89)

CB: Mathijsen (90)

CB: Santacroce (89)

DM: De La Red (90)

DM: Engelaar (90)

LM: Buonanotte/Fayzulin (87)

RM: Babel (89)

AM: Giovinco (88)

CF: Gilardino (92)

Got a few of the Russian/Ukraine risers, and got 7m to invest into Brazil :), Although I may have to change tactics if we continue to play poorly like the end of last season and the start of this.

Link to squad here

My leeds won premiership

My leeds won the premiership after just 3 seasons!

also today chiellini and amauri rose to 92 :D

Congratulations mate' date=' well done :D

I'm doing this sort of thing but with Cadiz in SC 17, all the teams are unmanaged in the Second Division, so i've been able to nick some talent, as well as this the lack of forumers in the top leagues have meant that i've pinched some talent as well. Got Zaki and Harewood upfront, but my team looks awful compared to these Leeds United Teams :P [/color']

I'm just finished my first season. I came 2nd in division 3 and I won the English cup.

Here is my team.

GK: Fontana

RB: Cafu

CB: Santacroce

CB: Jagielka

LB: Pinillos

RM: Danny

CM: Aquilani

CM: Kuzmanovic

LM: Santi Cazorla

FW: Odemwingie

FW: Mata

Average Age: 27

Average Rating: 89

Now to win the championship. Still havent got the money my chairman will invest

I also have chanced my harm at taking Leeds back up again, in EC1978. :D

Doing ok so far, 2nd in league with 15 games gone. Got as many risers as possible in the team as I could.

Star players would include;

Patrik Helmes

Alan Dzagoev

Adriano Buss Henrique

Jonathan Pitroipa

Denis Glushavok

Davide Lanzafame

Jose Chico

:D

Cant wait for Brazilian changes though, gonna have loads of risers there. :)

I'll update this every so often on my progress. :D

• 3 months later...

SMPL has been the top man at Leeds United for a little over 2 months now and already the change at the club has been more rapid and spectacular than anybody could have imagined. He immediately axed the entire first team squad with the exception of starlet Fabien Delph. Even star striker Jermaine Beckford wasn't spared. I went to visit SMPL in his Elland Road office to find out just how he managed to turn Leeds United from sleeping giants to potentially the best side in EC2673

Relaxed

The first thing that stuck me about SMPL was his attitude, he had an aura about him, but certainly seemed happy with his first few months in the hotseat.

"It was unbelievably tough start to the job" he said, "I had a quick decision to make, I had targetted over a hundred and fifty players, but I was only given an £18M budget to work with, I had to sell players who may have been real stars for this club in higher divisions even if I had given them the time, but the fans have been so disappointed with the last three seasons I felt I had to act ruthlessly"

Ruthless he was, his whole squad was put on the transfer list, but the way he went about his business was so extraordinary that the fans were left bewildered and were doubting SMPL's credentials just two games in to the new season.

All change

"I knew the fans weren't happy at losing star players without them being replaced, but with the vultures around I decided the best way I could make extra funds available was to sell my star players first, this generated the basis of my transfer dealings". I probed a little and asked him why, in a new season would he risk the wrath of the fans and sell better players first, I was amazed at his reply. "It's quite simply really" SMPL went on to say "I got top money for the likes of Jermaine, Lubo, Rui Marques ect; but when they left that pushed the value of the remaining players to the maximum, I needed every penny available to build the team to the highest level I possibly could, I was bringing in bargain basement signings like Jumar and Sandro Silva who I believed could turn this club around" As he was mentioning Brazilians I thought it was a good time to ask if rumours of certain failed signings were true. "Indeed" SMPL replied "Carioca, Magrao, Oliviera and Kerrison were all targets for the club, but we couldn't compete with Birmingham, Chelsea and West Ham for them, it was a shame because they would have formed the base of the team for years to come. We weren't too disappinted though and managed to sneak Zuculini and Guilherme ahead of Chelsea "

Kick off

Leeds started the season with a home game to the newly promoted MK Dons and the game produced renewed optimism for the Elland Road faithful. "MK had the better starting eleven that day, no doubt about, but we set up right and deserved our 4-1 win"

That result though seemed to be a false dawn as the South American contingent took a while to settle. Leeds lost their next three games against Leicester City, Carlisle United, Barnsley, then drew with Walsall and went out of the cup to a strong Sheffield United side. Then things slowly started to improve, impressive points against Coventry City and Peterborough were followed by what was arguably the turning point in the season. A last minute Guilherme goal at Northampton Town assured all three points would go to Leeds for the first time since the opening day of the season.

Moving forward

Playing an attacking 3-4-1-2 formation with Taison being the orchestrator in an attacking midfield position Leeds had an exraordinarily strong line up for a third division side which looked like this

N Ibanez

Fabinho Capixbaba V.D. Wiel Schaffer

Salvio Zuculini Jean Moarales

Taison

Viatri Cristaldo

Losing only at Manchester United 6-3 in the shield in the game immediately after Northampton, Leeds are on a surging run of 19 games unbeaten, scoring 58 goals in the process and dropping only 4 points in draws at Leicester City and Barnsley. But what has been occuring since the win at MK Dons prior to the Leicester game is even more phenominal than the transfer dealings at the start of the season. SMPL explains how he went on that run. "As you could tell, I invested heavily in the South American market, but I couldn't rely on these players alone, so I brought in some European players too, I still had £12M in the bank despite buying more than 90 players, so I decided to keep a few of the lads on their toes by paying out £2.5M for Rafael from Manchester United also bringing his brother in a week later and then another £3M on Collison from West ham, these lads are the future of the club along with Fabien, but it kept them on their toes".

Revolution

Despite the amazing run Leeds were still trailing to Braford due to the lapse start to the season despite losing less games, scoring more and conceeding less. "Something had to be done" SMPL explained, "The transfer window had opened up and there were people sniffing around my players, i've built a squad worth almost £200M by paying something like £60M out, I decided that rather than to wait I should build to make us even stronger" I asked him about some of the talent he had bought and why some stayed and some left, most notably Guilherme who depearted to Russia for a fee of £18M. "Time waits for no man, I needed players for now on the whole, but some I just simply knew I couldn't get rid of" The "some" as SMPL put it were Franco Zuculini, Eduardo Salvio and Jonathan Cristaldo along with Delph who he consistantly been rejecting offers for. "I had a look around to see who was available within my budget and once money came in I started to get to work"

In came the likes of Andres Beck, Faton Toski and Patrik Helmes, who are all exceptional players for Division three standards, but they were insignificant to the the players who arrived at the club next.

renan.jpg

In came Valencia's Brito Renan (above) a keeper who SMPL describes as Leeds goalkeeper for the next ten years.

New French cap Rod Fanni.

Juventus left back Christian Molinaro.

2nut7pi.jpg

Barcelona and Spain defender Gerard Pique(above).

Inter Milan midfielder Suli Muntari.

Real Madrid's Fernando Gago.

Napoli's Marek Hamsik.

Renato Augusto.

Valencia was raided again, this time winger Juan Mata coming to Elland road.

higuain.jpg

Argentine wonderkid Higuain (above) was thought to be the last of SMPL's spending, however he hit me with a bombshell that has shocked world football.

"We wanted someone that the fans immediately recognised, a world beater if you will. Obviously for a club our size it was going to be difficult and we felt that with the £25M or so we had left we should save it for next season along with money from players who we feel we no require. We was 70% sure if we waited until the end of the season we'd be in a higher division and would have less of a problem signing a player of his calibur, but Aston Villa yesterday made a bid for him and we knew then it was all or nothing and at the very worst we'd have to turn our attention elsewhere.

Raul.jpg

Gonzalez Raul (above)

I was left in amazement when he revealed the signing, just over two months in to a brand new championship SMPL has brought together one of the best division three sides ever assembled in such a short time. What is even more amazing is the fact that many of the players he brought in still have their best years ahead of them and can only improve.

Below is his full squad, one that some Premier teams would even be proud of.

Leeds1.jpg

leeds2.jpg

leeds3.jpg

leeds4.jpg

Leeds fans will be smiling like a Cheshire cat this morning and many more to come, they have every right to as well.

• 3 months later...

I also have chanced my harm at taking Leeds back up again' date=' in EC1978. :D

Doing ok so far, 2nd in league with 15 games gone. Got as many risers as possible in the team as I could.

Star players would include;

Patrik Helmes

Alan Dzagoev

Adriano Buss Henrique

Jonathan Pitroipa

Denis Glushavok

Davide Lanzafame

Jose Chico

:D

Cant wait for Brazilian changes though, gonna have loads of risers there. :)

I'll update this every so often on my progress. :D[/quote']

Wow. Well since this post, I have managed to get Leeds back into the EPL at my 1st attempt. :D Two back to back promotions via the play-offs. :)

CHIELLINI, Giorgio CB/LB 24 94 £10.5M

GILARDINO, Alberto CF 26 92 £8.4M

NAVAS, Jesús RM/Wing 23 92 £9.2M

GAGO, Fernando CM/DM 23 91 £8.4M

DIARRA, Lass DM/CM 24 91 £8.2M

CHYHRYNSKY, Dmytro CB 22 90 £7.9M

NEGREDO, Álvaro CF 23 90 £7.7M

GOURCUFF, Yoann AM/CM 22 90 £7.9M

PRANJIC, Danijel LM/LB 27 90 £6.5M

PARK, Ji-Sung Wing/AM 28 90 £6.0M

PIQUE, Gerard CB/DM 22 90 £7.9M

ROLANDO, Jorge CB 23 89 £6.9M

FERNANDO, Francisco DM/CM 21 89 £7.4M

MARCHISIO, Claudio CM/DM 23 89 £6.9M

RUI PATRICIO, Pedro Gk 21 88 £6.6M

BUSQUETS, Sergio DM/CM 20 88 £6.8M

HULK, Givanildo Vieira Fwd 22 88 £6.4M

COMPPER, Marvin CB/LB 24 87 £5.4M

+Other youth. I know myself that the team isn't that great as I lost a bit of interest in them. :o We will struggle in the EPL I know, but will try to stay up. Woop! :D

Lionel Messi

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Gianluigi Buffon

Marcos Senna

Giorgio Chiellini

Andrei Arshavin

Carvalho Felipe Melo

Yoann Gourcuff

Matteo Brighi

Edin Dzeko

Oleksandr Aliyev

Claudio Marchisio

Jorge Rolando

Alan Dzagoev

Sergio Busquets

Salvatore Bocchetti

Marco Motta

Adrián Colunga

Carneiro Keirrison

Rafael Carioca

Ivan Marcano

Sergio Romero

Luigi Vitale

Juan Forlin

Davide Santon

Mikel Balenziaga

Aly Cissokho

My slightly higher rated players, not to mention tons of other 80s and high 70s, and tons of cash. Didnt focus much attention during the first season, managed only a third place finish. Did better in the 2nd season, winning Div 3, while crashing out in both cup and shield semis to Derby (both times), who ended up winning the coveted treble (EC, ES and DIV 1)

Div 2 now.