Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newcastle are not good enough to play Premiership football.

I know that we lost to a very IN form scum team tonight but we did not look like we had any fight to me, this is frightening as any team in a relegation battle needs all the fight they have to stay up.

The players are turning up to get payed and this is really annoying me. We need a few more players like Smith who has heart but he can not do it on his own.

Spare me the negative posts please, but what do you all think.??

Re: Real Worry at Newcastle

Not looking good for Newcastle at all. They have some quality players but i simply think it is there defence, always has been. In my opinion they wont get relegated, have enough quality to avoid that, but they need to win games like Wigan, Sunderland or they are in deep trouble.

I think Keegen may just have been out of football to long and has lost touch with the game hopefully he can turn it around. I wouldn't judge him this season wait till next season see who he brings in (Keep your hands off McGeady)

I think Keegen may just have been out of football to long and has lost touch with the game hopefully he can turn it around. I wouldn't judge him this season wait till next season see who he brings in (Keep your hands off McGeady)

LOL...I think that Aiden McGeady would be a player that Keegan would like mate. His type of player, don't think he will go for him though and why would he leave Celtic other than if we offered him more money?

We have gone 9 games without a win which is annoying and depressing!!! I am worried!

To be honest, I cant see Keegan still being at Newcastle next season unless he gets them into the top half (or at the very least close).

As for players, Newcastle need a minimum of 3 defenders, 2 central midfielders and a striker... and then they need at least a season to gel. Unless Keegan gets a chance to make those changes and bring some stability back to Newcastle, the Championship might not be all that far away. At the moment, the defence is leaking like a sieve, and there's zero creativity going forward. That's not a good recipe however you look at it.

Well i didn't watch much of the game yesterday coz i was busy studying for exams but whatever little i did see was this:-

United were dominating play and hitting Toon hard on the break and newcastle were pretty much lost.

I think they lack enthusiasm.They lack the fighting-sprit. They have been playing a very half-hearted game. The are not putting thier 100% into the game. They lack that firepower, the hunger to achieve great things are is pretty much absent. They need to pull up thier socks and go out there and do something. They basically lack inspiration.

From whatever little i say Smith was playing really well but the rest were not good. Owen didn't play great either.

The point i wanna make is simple. Newcastle need inspiration and there is only 1 man i know who can inspire the team to perfom like how they did at times last season (like when they drew 2-2 with united. They played with all tier heart and sou that game) and that man is Alan Shearer

Guest F.C. Internazionale Milano

newcastle need gerard houlier or didier deschamps

*Chants* Premier league you're having laugh' date=' Premier league you're having laugh...[/quote']

Just a matter of time before the children got on to this.....You have got to be joking mate.....A Leicester fan saying to a Newcastle Fan "Premiership your having a laugh"? Whats it for you then?.."Chants"..Championship your having a laugh...

Worring times indeed,as Keegan said after match yesterday they need a win.

With 11 games left in prem this season and 5 at home they need to in my opinion win 4 of those games.

Starting with Blackburn then Fulham,Reading,Sunderland and Chelsea.If they dont get at least 3 wins in those four first home games they are in big trouble!!

Their away form isnt great and with trips to Liverpool,Birmingham,Spurs,Portsmouth,West Ham and Everton, on form its looking like they will struggle big time in these games.

Keegan and all Newcastle fans will be praying for the end of season when they can regroup and spend a bit of cash,lets hope its money to see them challange in the Prem and not for the Championship.:eek:

Unfortunately, the problems at Newcastle appear to be deep-seated currently. Keegan has inherited a side moulded by Allardyce. The two respective managers plaing styles couldn't be further apart. The mix of players is not conjusive to building a team spirit e.g you wouldn't expect Emre to form a relationship with his central midfield partner Butt, similarly Taylor and Cacapa, Smith and Martins, due to the difference in personalities. Throw in the injurry worries of Owen, Ameobi and Duff, the off-field problems of Barton and seemingly playing players out of position (N'Zogbia at LB, Smith sometimes up front, sometimes as a CM) and you understand why you have not had a settled side and why the chemistry does not appear to be there.

Newcastle are a top 6 side in my eyes and the stadium and fan base deserves nothing else. However, some brave decisions need to be made to sort things out. I'm sure they'll survive the dreaded drop (99.99% sure), but if Keegan is to remain manager, a major overhaul of playing staff is required in my opinion.

Maybe a little too early to say this but could Newcastle become the new Leeds United? :eek:

No mate, I don't think so, we are not in financial trouble. That was the downfall of Leeds. We just need to buck our ideas up and sharpish.

Cant really compare the two mate but it is possible that Newcastle will drop to the Championship but no further.

Newcastle was playing fine before Big Sam was sacked to say the truth. Yes, they were not playing amazingly well but they are actually getting along with. I would say that Big Sam was sacked far too early in the season before he was really given a chance to prove himself. A new manager requires at least 2 seasons to build a side that he desires and could win him games. The sacking of Big Sam and the apointment of Keegan as manager came as much of a surprise. In my opinion Keegan has been quite a disappointment thus far.

Newcastle was playing fine before Big Sam was sacked to say the truth. Yes' date=' they were not playing amazingly well but they are actually getting along with. I would say that Big Sam was sacked far too early in the season before he was really given a chance to prove himself. A new manager requires at least 2 seasons to build a side that he desires and could win him games. The sacking of Big Sam and the apointment of Keegan as manager came as much of a surprise. In my opinion Keegan has been quite a disappointment thus far.[/quote']

ya I mean I wouldn't have had them down for relegation candidates under Sam,but now look...

Newcastle United goalkeeper Steve Harper admits his team's traumatic season is rapidly reaching the point of no return.

The Magpies entertain Blackburn at St James' Park next weekend knowing nothing short of a victory will ease a growing sense of impending disaster after a run of 10 Premier League games without a win.

Marooned on 28 points and without a league victory since December 15, the side Kevin Keegan inherited from Sam Allardyce is being inexorably reeled in by the strugglers who once seemed far distant.

Saturday's 5-1 humiliation at the hands of title hopefuls Manchester United on their own park simply increased the agony as the new manager's wait for a first win extended to six matches.

Harper, whose 100th appearance for the club as a half-time substitute for the injured Shay Given was ruined by a merciless United, admitted the tide has to turn next weekend if Newcastle's plight is not to deepen further.

He said: 'It is massive. We have had a tough run of fixtures, but we haven't performed either.

'We have had good spells in patches, but in this league, you have to do it for 90 minutes and until we can do that, we are going to struggle.

'We have got a big week in front of us and in that time, we really need to stick together and build towards Saturday and try to get a positive result.

'We have got some big games coming up. We have got to put this one behind us. It is gone.

'It is a demoralising defeat, but come Monday morning, we are back on the training field and we build up for what is a massive game next week.

'You do need a bit of luck when you are on a run like this, but you need to help yourselves as well and we are not doing that at the minute.'

Should the Magpies be dragged into the thick of the fight against relegation - and that will happen sooner rather than later if they do not start the points total ticking over once again - it will not be their 5-1 and 6-0 defeats by United or the 3-0 reverse at Arsenal which will have cost them.

Rather it will be the four points they have gifted Derby this season or their failure to beat Bolton and Middlesbrough at home or to hold on to leads at Boro, Manchester City or Aston Villa.

Even their wins have been far from convincing with the notable exception of their opening day trip to Bolton, where Allardyce's future - little did he realise how short-lived that would be - briefly got the better of his past.

There is little doubt Keegan walked into a mess, but alarmingly, he has as yet been able to do little tangible about it, and United exploited that to the full.

For 25 minutes, Newcastle just about held their own - indeed, skipper Michael Owen flicked a shot wide and had strong appeals for a penalty waved away.

But from the moment Wayne Rooney sauntered on to an inch-perfect Cristiano Ronaldo cross to volley home at the far post, the die was cast.

Ronaldo doubled his side's advantage on the stroke of half-time, racing away from the home defence to convert Michael Carrick's slide-rule pass, and the points were all but won.

The Portugal international repeated the dose within 11 minutes of the restart as the Magpies' soft under-belly was once again cruelly exposed, and although Abdoulaye Faye pulled one back 12 minutes from time, Rooney's clinical second and a fifth from substitute Louis Saha capped a miserable evening on Tyneside.

Harper said: 'We are just shooting ourselves in the foot and until we can eradicate that, we are going to have problems.

'It is becoming like a tape recorder playing the same tune over and over again. It is demoralising.'

It is Keegan who will have to find the answers, and he remains convinced he will.

He said: 'We need to win a football match for the players. They are an honest group of players here who care and I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.

'But just being honest and caring is not quite enough in the Premier League.'

By contrast, United headed back across the Pennines having taken full advantage of Arsenal's slip-up at Birmingham to reduce their lead at the top of the table to just three points.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: 'Just coming and winning with that scoreline tells you a lot about the energy of the team. I thought we looked really fresh.

'I was really pleased with the performance, character and determination of the team to do well.'

Just thought this might help.

How would you think that would help? Copying and pasting a report by a Journalist? I asked what FORUMERS think.

I was wondering, all the threads about Liverpool struggling?

Just want to say: You think you have problems? Northern Rock folds, we are poop, shall I go on?

How would you think that would help? Copying and pasting a report by a Journalist? I asked what FORUMERS think.

I was wondering' date=' all the threads about Liverpool struggling?

Just want to say: You think you have problems? Northern Rock folds, we are poop, shall I go on?[/quote']

Excuse me, but if I'm correct a journalist's opinion is just as great as a forumers. I'm trying to add stuff to the thread and you just shoot it down. That's not very respectful.

Excuse me' date=' but if I'm correct a journalist's opinion is just as great as a forumers. I'm trying to add stuff to the thread and you just shoot it down. That's not very respectful.[/quote']

Excuse me!! I made the thread to find out what FORUMERS (like yourself) think.......as I have said, I could read what journalists think and actually do all the time.

I am not disrespectful thank you, I am asking your actual opinion not what a journalist thinks, you should take that as a compliment that I want YOUR opinion.

I was not shooting it down I was just asking how you thought it would help?

Sorry if you misunderstood...

Excuse me!! I made the thread to find out what FORUMERS (like yourself) think.......as I have said' date=' I could read what journalists think and actually do all the time.

I am not disrespectful thank you, I am asking your actual opinion not what a journalist thinks, you should take that as a compliment that I want [b']YOUR[/b] opinion.

I was not shooting it down I was just asking how you thought it would help?

Sorry if you misunderstood...

I posted the journalists opinion because it's also an opinion. Ya you might be able to read a journalists opinion on some site but instead of everyone going to the site why not bring it here. I know you want the forumers opinions but I posted a journalists opinion, that's something extra not wrong. Either way lets not get into a silly fight.

I posted the journalists opinion because it's also an opinion. Ya you might be able to read a journalists opinion on some site but instead of everyone going to the site why not bring it here. I know you want the forumers opinions but I posted a journalists opinion' date=' that's something extra not wrong. Either way lets not get into a silly fight.[/quote']

You still don't understand, I am definitely not fighting but I still want your actual opinion.

No offense made by this but you seem to be a person that gets bored easily as you end to make so many threads that are just copied and pasted off the net.

Not your own thoughts? I know its good for the forum with fresh topics but thats just what I think.

You still don't understand' date=' I am definitely not fighting but I still want your actual opinion.

No offense made by this but you seem to be a person that gets bored easily as you end to make so many threads that are just copied and pasted off the net.

Not your own thoughts? I know its good for the forum with fresh topics but thats just what I think.[/quote']

I copy paste articles to create threads so everyone on the forum can see them. There's nothing wrong with that. I add my own thoughts on others threads. When I create a thread it's usually to give information.

I must be honest here Newcastle were extremely poor against United. Iwatched the whole game and tbh Newcastle lacked the attacking threats. Yes they conceded 5 goals but apart from the first one and one more it really wasn't down to poor defending. It was just good play by United.

For me what Newcastle lack is a potent attacking threat. Its very odd to say that when a team has Micheal Owen but it's certainly true. I don't know what Keegan is thinking when he deploys Owen as a lone striker. Micheal owen is a much better player when he plays alongside a striker. And there is no supply to owen. Newcastle have no creating midfielders in their ranks. They play Butt, Barton and Smith and none of them have that creative spark. ATM Newcastle are defending poorly but even more worse I cannot see where their goals will come from. Allan Smith is not a CM but is actually a CF.

Kevin Keegan also dosen't look the same man that was once incharge of Newcastle United. He looks tired and he lacks enthusiasm that he had in his previous stint. I would be surpried if he was still the manager come next season.