Official Newcastle United Thread

Dai

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Is there any chance of him featuring against Preston?

Don't know enough about it to comment, but from what I can gather, he's there on trial, so he is under no formal contract and therefore wouldn't be registered as a Newcastle player with the Football League, so unless he's signed quickly I'd say no.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is targeting Newcastle keeper Fraser Forster as a long-term replacement for bike-crash victim Carlo Cudicini.

Giant Forster, 21, who is 6ft 7in, is being tipped to win an England under-21 call-up after an impressive loan spell at Norwich which has just been extended.

But Forster is already catching Tottenham’s eye as another young English signing after keeping seven clean sheets in 12 games for the Canaries.

Redknapp is keen on Forster as he likes his big physical frame as an imposing presence in the penalty area.

Newcastle do not want to let the youngster leave and may even consider letting highly-rated keeper Tim Krul go instead to give Forster a route into the first team.

From the Mirror.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is targeting Newcastle keeper Fraser Forster as a long-term replacement for bike-crash victim Carlo Cudicini.

Giant Forster' date=' 21, who is 6ft 7in, is being tipped to win an England under-21 call-up after an impressive loan spell at Norwich which has just been extended.

But Forster is already catching Tottenham’s eye as another young English signing after keeping seven clean sheets in 12 games for the Canaries.

Redknapp is keen on Forster as he likes his big physical frame as an imposing presence in the penalty area.

Newcastle do not want to let the youngster leave and may even consider letting highly-rated keeper Tim Krul go instead to give Forster a route into the first team.

From the Mirror.[/quote']

I've never seen him play but he must be quite good to play regularly for Norwich, and he is a Geordie so would be a shame to let him go so soon.

When Harper got injured against West brom in our first game and Tim Krul came on he made so many world class saves and looked a great shot-stopper that could easily replace Harps in the coming years. If we have to let one go, which we shouldn't have to unless they pay top dollar, then I suppose it has to be Forster.

Fabrice Pancrate has signed a deal to the end of the season with an option to extend it. He will wear #21. Needs his registration to be ratified before he can play at Preston.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/united-complete-pancrate-deal-20091121_2240137_1881875

thats good news mate, need an extra winger me thinks

Fabrice Pancrate is terrible' date=' lower Championship player at best, failed a trial with us earlier this season..

Did I mention that hes not very good?[/quote']

From what I have seen of Sheffield United they would not a good footballer when they see it. Its not like they need to be any good at football to kick the ball straight upto Darius Henderson or Ched Evans is it? I will reserve judgement on Pancrate until I see him play.

Porto striker Ukra has admitted he would study any offer that came his way after being linked with a move to Newcastle.

The Magpies are understood to have sent scouts to watch Ukra in action for Portugal Under 21s against England last week.

The highly-rated starlet is contracted to Porto for two more years, while he is currently on loan at Olhanense.

He is happy to hear that Chris Hughton's Newcastle are tracking his progress but is not sure whether Porto would allow him to leave.

"It's always motivating that big clubs are interested but I'll have to wait on Porto to make a decision over my future," Ukra said in the Sunday Mirror.

"I have a contract until June 2011, but any offer which came along would be analysed and studied."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5711517,00.html

Anyone else remember the last young Portuguese 'starlet' to go to Newcastle.

Two words: Hugo Viana! :P

I watched a video of Hugo Viana and wondered why he was considered a flop! :confused: His passing was brilliant and he scored a few goals. Maybe it was him being played out of position in left midfield but I will never know.

Newcastle's Scandinavian scout has apparently recommended striker Edward Ofere to Chris Hughton.

And you lot are interested in him now. :mad:

Hands-off him.

http://www.eurosport.se/fotboll/allsvenskan/2009/newcastle-nobbar-ofere_sto2112192/story.shtml

Thank God that the scout didn't recommend Daniel Larsson. :D

Hope there good;)

Yeah, he's good.

He's better than good. ;)

I watched a video of Hugo Viana and wondered why he was considered a flop! :confused: His passing was brilliant and he scored a few goals. Maybe it was him being played out of position in left midfield but I will never know.

Viana was class as well in my opinion,I remeber that game against Chelsea and him and Woodgate were a different class and they were the likes of Shearer,Terry and Desailly on the pitch,I think he was incostinent but on his day he was great.

From what I have seen of Sheffield United they would not a good footballer when they see it. Its not like they need to be any good at football to kick the ball straight upto Darius Henderson or Ched Evans is it? I will reserve judgement on Pancrate until I see him play.

We could sign the whole Barcelona squad and knowing us, with our tactically inept manager, we would still fail miserably.. (Long ball to

But seriously, Pancrate is nothing special and im guessing you've signed him simply to make up the numbers....