Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

RE: Solano

I'm glad you brought him up, I meant to write something this weekend...

On Friday I was speaking with a friend who closely follows the Peruvian league.

There is a bit of a scandal in Solano leaving Peru.

Apparently he had a baby with a woman who isn't his wife. The baby is a few months old. The woman threatened to go public with it and he tried to get out of Peru before everything hit the fan and his wife found out (or something along those lines).

He's basically running from his personal issues. His thinking apparently is that he can defend the story better if he was out of the country, or just escape the situation completely for a while. He took the first offer in England that he could get (that being Colchester) and then figured he'd work out the details from there.

Quite the upstanding guy.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

I'm glad you brought him up' date=' I meant to write something this weekend...

[b']There is a bit of a scandal in Solano leaving Peru.[/b]

Apparently he had a baby with a woman who isn't his wife. The baby is a few months old. The woman threatened to go public with it and he tried to get out of Peru before everything hit the fan and his wife found out (or something along those lines).

He's basically running from his personal issues. His thinking apparently is that he can defend the story better if he was out of the country, or just escape the situation completely for a while. He took the first offer in England that he could get (that being Colchester) and then figured he'd work out the details from there.

So he has baggage ? lol :P

I'm glad you brought him up' date=' I meant to write something this weekend...

[b']There is a bit of a scandal in Solano leaving Peru.[/b]

Bloody hell,I bet him and Tiger Woods will be best of pals :P,anyway prediction for tonight is 2-0 to us,I think they will have a lot of pressure but will stick it out and get the three points.

Getting outplayed and there is no way around it,the lack of pace means whenever WBA run at us were left completely wide open,we have had no pace in the central positions since Gary Speed left and it is desperately needed,I wouldnt mind if he has a donkey and cant pass a ball because even if he couldnt WBA wouldnt have scored there two goals if we had a quick midfeilder,fair play to WBA and Di Matteo for exposing this weakness we all know we have.

Of course not' date=' use are worst ![/quote']

I know our standard of play has dropped but it was EXACTLY the same problem that we had before and it has not been adressed for 3 years now,until it is addressed and Keegan seemed the only close to doing that then we will always struggle,personally if we can sign anyone it would be Olofinjana a bit of pace in the middle.

NUFC have confirmed a 2 year deal with Puma starting from the 2010/2011 season that will see Puma produce all kit and replica merchandise. It might not seem that significant but I am happy that things are going on behind the scenes. Ashley has done well to get this deal done and coupled with the new sponsorship deal with Northen Rock it shows he isn't as much of a idiot as his desicions have made him look.

NUFC have confirmed a 2 year deal with Puma starting from the 2010/2011 season that will see Puma produce all kit and replica merchandise. It might not seem that significant but I am happy that things are going on behind the scenes. Ashley has done well to get this deal done and coupled with the new sponsorship deal with Northen Rock it shows he isn't as much of a idiot as his desicions have made him look.

Lovin Puma atm for their kits' date=' some of the one's they've made for the African Nations Cup are immense. At least the away kit should be better than that absurd thing you currently call an away kit! :P

[url']http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/staticfeature.asp?FID=7534&ALT=Africa%20Cup%20of%20Nations%20Football%20Shirts%20-%20Puma%20Replica[/url]

check these out :) click on one of the teams in the group to see the replica shirts for that group, some veeeeeeeeerrrry nice ones.

Ashley has done well to get this deal done and coupled with the new sponsorship deal with Northen Rock it shows he isn't as much of a idiot as his desicions have made him look.

northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle??????

pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them the past 15 years or so

Great game last night, I really thought we would suffer our first home defeat of the season the way they scored their first with no pressure what so ever. Lovely free-kick by Guthrie, thanks mainly to the one guy who decided not to jump lol :P.

Can't beleive we let them get in so easy again with Bednar's header completely unchallenged again. But happy for Lovenkrands to get the equaliser, he really deserved that.

Overall we have to start getting the first goal in games instead of having to claw our way back into games, but still 6 points ahead of 3rd with a game in hand.

Great game last night' date=' I really thought we would suffer our first home defeat of the season the way they scored their first with no pressure what so ever. Lovely free-kick by Guthrie, thanks mainly to the one guy who decided not to jump lol :P.

Can't beleive we let them get in so easy again with Bednar's header completely unchallenged again. But happy for Lovenkrands to get the equaliser, he really deserved that.

Overall we have to start getting the first goal in games instead of having to claw our way back into games, [b']but still 6 points ahead of 3rd with a game in hand.[/b]

No game in hand on us, we've both played 25 I believe.

Enjoyable game last night, very open and relentlessly attacking in the main, which makes a refreshing change. Gutierrez really must be the most frustrating player to watch week in week out, if he had anything like a consistent end product he'd be phenomenal.

northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle??????

pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them the past 15 years or so

Yes they are. Northen Rock signed a new 4 year sponsorship deal yesterday that is worth a maximum of £10 million but the amount recieved depends on what league Newcastle are in.

I think there was a story saying Adidas did not want to continue with their deal for making kits because they did not want to be linked to Newcastle while Mike Ashley was messing everything up but I'm not sure if that is the case.

Lovin Puma atm for their kits' date=' some of the one's they've made for the African Nations Cup are immense. At least the away kit should be better than that absurd thing you currently call an away kit! :P

[url']http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/staticfeature.asp?FID=7534&ALT=Africa%20Cup%20of%20Nations%20Football%20Shirts%20-%20Puma%20Replica[/url]

check these out :) click on one of the teams in the group to see the replica shirts for that group, some veeeeeeeeerrrry nice ones.

Those kits look ok on a professional footballer but i don't think they'll have quite the same effect when worn by your average obese football fan!

Those kits look ok on a professional footballer but i don't think they'll have quite the same effect when worn by your average obese football fan!

There's your average obese football fan......

Then there's your average obese geordie:

geordie-fat.jpg

:P

*NB: That kid he's got hold of is now affectionately known as "Last Saturday's Breakfast" :D

No game in hand on us' date=' we've both played 25 I believe.

Enjoyable game last night, very open and relentlessly attacking in the main, which makes a refreshing change. Gutierrez really must be the most frustrating player to watch week in week out, if he had anything like a consistent end product he'd be phenomenal.[/quote']

I think I meant like over majority of league or summit, anyways good luck in the Cup hopefully another exciting game. :)

There's your average obese football fan......

Then there's your average obese geordie:

geordie-fat.jpg

:P

*NB: That kid he's got hold of is now affectionately known as "Last Saturday's Breakfast" :D

That man was on the local news a few months ago. Started losing weight now but the average Geordie is just like any other average person in the country. They don't all have NUFC tattoed on their stomach or go to matches topless. :P Its like me saying all Manchester United fans are from anywhere but Manchester and will all support Chelsea when they win the title this season. :)

Skysports.com understands that Newcastle have agreed a deal to sign Danny Simpson from Manchester United.

The 23-year-old right-back has had a high successful loan spell at St James' Park over the opening half of the season.

He returned to Old Trafford on Tuesday, as talks over a permanent deal failed to materialise.

However, the two clubs have now agreed terms and Simpson is set to pen a permanent deal on Tyneside.

Simpson is set to undergo a medical on Wednesday before signing a two-and-half-year deal with Chris Hughton's side.

-----------------------------------

Good news if true. Sky Sports had some news going along their news ticker about a undisclosed for bid for Nottingham Forest right back/central defender/midfielder James Perch aswell. Is Mike Ashley actually going to spend money? :eek: