Official Newcastle United Thread

Dai

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Since there is not much money available for Hughton this summer, I looked at all the free agents and you could get a pretty good team:

James

Belletti Campbell Gallas Aurelio

Altintop Ballack Scharner Petrov

J.Cole

Henry*

Could have some of Pires, Ledley, Silvestre, Koren, Govou, Boyd on the bench. Told you it was a pretty good team! :P Shame we won't get any of them. :(

*The Daily Mail say Barcelona are willing to let Henry go on a free in the right circumstances even though he has a year left on his contract. :confused:

Since there is not much money available for Hughton this summer' date=' I looked at all the free agents and you could get a pretty good team:

James

J.Cole

Henry*

Could have some of Pires, Ledley, Silvestre, Koren, Govou, Boyd on the bench. Told you it was a pretty good team! :P Shame we won't get any of them. :(

*The Daily Mail say Barcelona are willing to let Henry go on a free in the right circumstances even though he has a year left on his contract. :confused:[/quote']

That's actually a really good team tbh, I wouldn't say we wouldn't be able to get any of them though, like I reckon we could get Ledley and Boyd, and maybe Altintop and Petrov aswell, i reckon we could get James aswell but if anyone else is like me, I have every faith that harper will be solid for us this season. Some of his saves last season did remind of Shay Given, the most meourable being the one against Sheffield away in about the 87th minute when he went the wrong way but his right hand saved the day :D

That's actually a really good team tbh' date=' I wouldn't say we wouldn't be able to get any of them though, like I reckon we could get Ledley and Boyd, and maybe Altintop and Petrov aswell, i reckon we could get James aswell but if anyone else is like me, I have every faith that harper will be solid for us this season. Some of his saves last season did remind of Shay Given, the most meourable being the one against Sheffield away in about the 87th minute when he went the wrong way but his right hand saved the day :D[/quote']

Harper and Given were quite close in terms of ability but after Given got the #1 spot Harper did go back a bit. Since he started playing again he has got better and better. I agree he can do the good saves like Given but he also has one Given's setbacks. Neither of them come for crosses much. Hopefully in the future we can have Krul and Forster fighting it out for the goalkeeper place. Both of them are massive and I see no problem in them coming for crosses.

Also, that was a brilliant save at Sheff Utd. Won us the game right there. :D

Since there is not much money available for Hughton this summer' date=' I looked at all the free agents and you could get a pretty good team:

James

J.Cole

Henry*

*The Daily Mail say Barcelona are willing to let Henry go on a free in the right circumstances even though he has a year left on his contract. :confused:[/quote']

Henry is heading to new york red bullz after world cup

Gallas heading to Juventus after world cup.

Apparently Portugese news outlets are reporting Sporting Lisbon striker Yannick Djalo is a transfer target for Newcastle. He has a £16m release clause in his contract but these stories seem to think he would be let go for around £6m. I can't see this one happening.

Apparently Portugese news outlets are reporting Sporting Lisbon striker Yannick Djalo is a transfer target for Newcastle. He has a £16m release clause in his contract but these stories seem to think he would be let go for around £6m. I can't see this one happening.

How very optimistic of you! ;) He would be a good signing though, but I think we need players that have proved themselves in the Premiership already, which is why I think we should go for the likes of Shaun Wright-Phillips, he hardly played for City last season so should be relatively cheap to buy and maybe accept a lower contract if he wants regular first team football, which we can offer him, Jonas on the left and SWP on the right, juicy combination ;)

How very optimistic of you! ;) He would be a good signing though' date=' but I think we need players that have proved themselves in the Premiership already, which is why I think we should go for the likes of Shaun Wright-Phillips, he hardly played for City last season so should be relatively cheap to buy and maybe accept a lower contract if he wants regular first team football, which we can offer him, Jonas on the left and SWP on the right, juicy combination ;)[/quote']

As far as I'm concerned Shaun Wright Phillips is a non starter. He would cost at least £7m and £50,000 per week wages. There is not that kind of money available to bring him here. If he was available I think better teams than us would be after him anyway.

As far as I'm concerned Shaun Wright Phillips is a non starter. He would cost at least £7m and £50' date='000 per week wages. There is not that kind of money available to bring him here. If he was available I think better teams than us would be after him anyway.[/quote']

I suppose if we knew about budgets we'd have a better opinion though. That's the thing with Mike Asheley, one minute he wants to invest loads and then the next he just wants to take all the profits, I mean you get what? a total of about 40-50 million for getting promoted to the prem, I think Asheley will probably only give Hughton about 10 mill this season, maybe not even that, Hughton will need to spend it wisely, I wouoldn't be surprised if quite a few loan signings came in tbh.

I suppose if we knew about budgets we'd have a better opinion though. That's the thing with Mike Asheley' date=' one minute he wants to invest loads and then the next he just wants to take all the profits, I mean you get what? a total of about 40-50 million for getting promoted to the prem, I think Asheley will probably only give Hughton about 10 mill this season, maybe not even that, Hughton will need to spend it wisely, I wouoldn't be surprised if quite a few loan signings came in tbh.[/quote']

From what has been reported I am guessing Ashley is no longer funding transfers or wages so all income goes towards that. What is left is available for new players transfer fees and wages. Loans is not a bad policy but they need to add something to the squad or its a pointless exercise. We have been linked with Wilshere and if we could get him he would be great. Tom Cleverly, Danny Welbeck and Slobodan Rajkovic also linked. I would like to see Patrick van Aanholt come back to cover for Enrique.

From what has been reported I am guessing Ashley is no longer funding transfers or wages so all income goes towards that. What is left is available for new players transfer fees and wages. Loans is not a bad policy but they need to add something to the squad or its a pointless exercise. We have been linked with Wilshere and if we could get him he would be great. Tom Cleverly' date=' Danny Welbeck and Slobodan Rajkovic also linked. I would like to see Patrick van Aanholt come back to cover for Enrique.[/quote']

Well if that's the case we may have more than expected to spend :) Yes Van Aanholt, he was at Newcastle for about 2-3 months wasn't he just while Enrique was injured? I remember seeing him against Coventry, he was faultless. I think maybe getting a few good dribblers aswell, I don't think there's much problems with our defence, pretty consistant last season, but just our squad depth may be a problem, possibly with the experience aswell.

Well if that's the case we may have more than expected to spend :) Yes Van Aanholt' date=' he was at Newcastle for about 2-3 months wasn't he just while Enrique was injured? I remember seeing him against Coventry, he was faultless. I think maybe getting a few good dribblers aswell, I don't think there's much problems with our defence, pretty consistant last season, but just our squad depth may be a problem, possibly with the experience aswell.[/quote']

I think a right back and left back are definitely needed and another striker would be good. I'm not sure Danny Simpson or Ryan Taylor are good enough for the Premiership and we have only had one left back for about three years now. We need a player to cover for Enrique because we no longer have N'Zogbia to cover for him. I'm not sure how Kadar will do but he can play left back. I don't have much faith in Shola or Best to cover for Lovenkrands and Carroll if they miss any games. Ranger is likely to go out on loan but I don't think he is ready for Premiership football just yet. I think we have enough in central midfield with Smith, Nolan, Barton and Guthrie but maybe one more to cover for injuries. Two wingers would be a welcome addition because there isn't really any cover for Routledge or Jonas but I think other postions are higher priority. Players I would like to see:

Patrick van Aanholt - season long loan from Chelsea

Luke Young - buy from Aston Villa

Jack Wilshere - season long loan from Arsenal

Kevin Prince Boateng - buy from Portsmouth

Giovani - season long loan from Tottenham

Kris Boyd - free transfer from Rangers

I don't think these players are too unreasonable and we could probably fit them in our wage budget. Only Boateng and Young would have transfer fees but it would be competition from other clubs that would hinder us. I am not saying we will sign these players but that is who I would like to see arrive.

CHRIS HUGHTON today urged Newcastle United fans to stay cool when it comes to incoming transfers at St James' Park this summer.

But he did assure the Toon Army that United are working round the clock to make sure they can compete in the top flight next term.

The Chronicle understands that a new centre-forward is high on Hughton’s wishlist ahead of the Premier League’s big kick-off.

But with the real business in the transfer market unlikely to gather pace until the beginning of July, the Newcastle boss isn’t concerned by the panic merchants that have already written United off in this summer’s chase for new faces.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/06/14/chris-hughton-makes-vow-on-nufc-signings-72703-26647844/

CHRIS HUGHTON today urged Newcastle United fans to stay cool when it comes to incoming transfers at St James' Park this summer.

But he did assure the Toon Army that United are working round the clock to make sure they can compete in the top flight next term.

The Chronicle understands that a new centre-forward is high on Hughton’s wishlist ahead of the Premier League’s big kick-off.

But with the real business in the transfer market unlikely to gather pace until the beginning of July' date=' the Newcastle boss isn’t concerned by the panic merchants that have already written United off in this summer’s chase for new faces.

[url']http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/06/14/chris-hughton-makes-vow-on-nufc-signings-72703-26647844/[/url]

Yeah, best to just wait till the World Cup is over before we start stressing. ;)

I think a right back and left back are definitely needed and another striker would be good. I'm not sure Danny Simpson or Ryan Taylor are good enough for the Premiership and we have only had one left back for about three years now. We need a player to cover for Enrique because we no longer have N'Zogbia to cover for him. I'm not sure how Kadar will do but he can play left back. I don't have much faith in Shola or Best to cover for Lovenkrands and Carroll if they miss any games. Ranger is likely to go out on loan but I don't think he is ready for Premiership football just yet. I think we have enough in central midfield with Smith' date=' Nolan, Barton and Guthrie but maybe one more to cover for injuries. Two wingers would be a welcome addition because there isn't really any cover for Routledge or Jonas but I think other postions are higher priority. Players I would like to see:

Patrick van Aanholt - season long loan from Chelsea

Luke Young - buy from Aston Villa

Jack Wilshere - season long loan from Arsenal

Kevin Prince Boateng - buy from Portsmouth

Giovani - season long loan from Tottenham

Kris Boyd - free transfer from Rangers

I don't think these players are too unreasonable and we could probably fit them in our wage budget. Only Boateng and Young would have transfer fees but it would be competition from other clubs that would hinder us. I am not saying we will sign these players but that is who I would like to see arrive.[/quote']

I agree with all of what was said there. But transfer wise, I woulodn't mind seeing Belhadj come in from Portsmouth aswell, he can play any where on the left side of the pitch and has the power to destroy defences and I think he's a great player. Personally I wouldn't mind if we went and raided Portsmouth, they had a decent team just off-field affairs wrecked there season. Also maybe get O'hara on loan from Spurs as he can play all the way accross midfield and is quite a strong player.

Evening Chronicle say Vladimir Weiss is a loan target for next season. Had a decent game for Slovakia today and would be a good addition. He was on loan at Bolton last season but didn't really start much. StuartH posted a video of him ripping Jonny Evans to shreads so he looks like has some skills. I think he can play on both wings. Maybe StuartH or IanMcCo can inform us of where he can play? :P Here is the video:

zMr_Mw9CVIE

Newcastle's new head of media was looking for people to go to Shearer's bar tomorrow between 8:30-9:00am. You would see the fixtures live and give interviews to Sky Sports News. You would also get a free breakfast! :eek: I think they have enough people now though. :(

Full fixture list:

AUGUST

14 Man Utd (A)

21 Aston Villa (H)

28 Wolves (A)

September

11 Blackpool (H)

18 Everton (A)

25 Stoke (H)

October

2 Man City (A)

16 Wigan (H)

23 West Ham (A)

30 Sunderland (H)

November

6 Arsenal (A)

10 Blackburn (H)

13 Fulham (H)

20 Bolton (A)

27 Chelsea (H)

December

4 West Brom (A)

11 Liverpool (H)

18 Birmingham (A)

26 Man City (H)

28 Tottenham (A)

January

1 Wigan (A)

5 West Ham (H)

15 Sunderland (A)

22 Tottenham (H)

February

2 Fulham (A)

5 Arsenal (H)

12 Blackburn (A)

26 Bolton (H)

March

5 Everton (H)

19 Stoke (A)

April

2 Wolves (H)

9 Aston Villa (A)

16 Man Utd (H)

23 Blackpool (A)

30 Liverpool (A)

May

7 Birmingham (H)

14 Chelsea (A)

22 West Brom (H)

I really like those away kits!! anyone know if they are the tight fitting ones?

Looking to both maybe but there not a snow balls chance of finding them in N.Ireland to try them on

The third kit (white one) is not limited to NUFC club shops so if you have any sports retailers nearby they might get it in.