Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

come on newcastle accept our bid :o:)

Won't accept it this window pal,you've decided to bid way way too late and it's the summer at the earliest before he moves,to be honest I think he will stay for another year after this one and by that time bigger clubs than Tottenham will be interested,he needs regular football and to be honest he can get that here and with the striking options Spurs have I'm not sure that would be the case,it's much better for him to stay at Newcastle for the time being and I can't see us selling him either.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

So... Liverpool have ofered £30M for Andy Carroll! REJECTED! :eek:

I hope this doesn't end up like it has with other players. Kenwyne Jones was never the same after being linked with Spurs and Liverpool for big fees. :o

ps Alan Pardew's press conference has been put back by an hour and a half. I would like to think it would be a few signings but it could be anything.

How much would you guys willingly accept' date=' I was thinking around the £30m mark was about right but clearly they want even more ![/quote']

Rejecting £30m is absurd , you could rebuild a new squad with that.

And i can Guarantee that he wont go for £30m+ , you will end up with less then you will be like ..... Lost out.

How much would you guys willingly accept' date=' I was thinking around the £30m mark was about right but clearly they want even more ![/quote']
Rejecting £30m is absurd ' date=' you could rebuild a new squad with that.

And i can Guarantee that he wont go for £30m+ , you will end up with less then you will be like ..... Lost out.[/quote']

Carroll is great for us but right now we need him because of the amount of time left to sign replacements (and I doubt we would be able to bring in anyone good).

Rejecting £30m is absurd ' date='[b'] you could rebuild a new squad with that[/b].

And i can Guarantee that he wont go for £30m+ , you will end up with less then you will be like ..... Lost out.

Maybe buy 2-3 good players but finding another stirker who can score regulary in the Prem isn't easy, and getting one would cost a lot of money and most likely be a lot older than Carroll and have little sell on value i.e like Owen.

It might seem silly but I think our current squad when all fit is fully capable of getting a top ten finish, and tbh what else can you want having just been promoted. ;) I say hold onto him and wait for the bidding war in the summer. :)

Rejecting £30m is absurd ' date=' you could rebuild a new squad with that.

And i can Guarantee that he wont go for £30m+ , you will end up with less then you will be like ..... Lost out.[/quote']

Keeping him is not losing out at all. If we are set to be a selling club in future then I fear for our safety in this league. We used to be a slight 'super-power' in the league, partly down to not being a selling club. If we are looking to progress then we need to keep our best players. Carroll is certainly one of them.

Yes, 30M would be nice but I'm not confident in Fat Mike pumping that back into the team for transfers.

It seems Carroll could be on his way. Various people on Twitter are reporting that NUFC have indicated £35m would be enough for a deal and Liverpool are making a new bid this afternoon. If it happens I am not annoyed with the price as it is a great deal but why wait til now? There will be no replacement and I have doubts how much of it would be available to bring in someone else. Probably be used for Mike Ashley's gambling addiction. :(

Pardew had a press conference orignally at 2pm which was moved to 3:30 and it has now been cancelled. Do you think it is good or bad news?

Its very strange.

It couldn't of been about players coming in otherwise it would still of gone ahead. Surely?

Maybe he's using the time to try and find a quick replacement for Carroll? The media seems certain Liverpool will up their bid and Sky Sports keep saying Mike Ashley is doing his very best to reject the offers thus far. He won't be able to hold out much longer.

I really don't know what to take from that news. I still hope one or two come in whether Carroll goes, or not.

Its very strange.

It couldn't of been about players coming in otherwise it would still of gone ahead. Surely?

Maybe he's using the time to try and find a quick replacement for Carroll? The media seems certain Liverpool will up their bid and Sky Sports keep saying Mike Ashley is doing his very best to reject the offers thus far. He won't be able to hold out much longer.

I really don't know what to take from that news. I still hope one or two come in whether Carroll goes' date=' or not.[/quote']

You could get the Crouch for about 10 mill

BBC Sport Understands that Liverpool have supposedly made a second bid for Andy Carroll.

Sky Sports are saying Carroll is travelling to Liverpool after a second bid was recieved. I don't want to be cynical but it would not surprise me if Ashley has waited until now to accept a bid so he can say there was no time to buy someone with it.

As if your club just turned down a sensational bit of business like that, i understand the reluctance to not sell him... but money talks, and that bid was outrageous. You have done ok without him when he has been injured, you will stay up and with a war chest in the summer you could skip the stage of solidifying your premiership status and look to push for europa league.

Maybe they feel they can get a bit more out of Liverpool ?

As if your club just turned down a sensational bit of business like that' date=' i understand the reluctance to not sell him... but money talks, and that bid was outrageous. You have done ok without him when he has been injured, you will stay up and with a war chest in the summer you could skip the stage of solidifying your premiership status and look to push for europa league.

Maybe they feel they can get a bit more out of Liverpool ?[/quote']

I really do not think we would stay up without him. Ameobi and Best have done alright but they are ordinary at best. If a bid like this comes at the end of the season then it would have to be considered. This bid is more than players like Berbatov and as good as Carroll is he does not have the skill or intelligence of Berbatov yet. I understand what you are saying but getting relegated will cost more than £35m.