Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

What a player Demba Ba is :),superb player all around and his absolutely lethal in the box,and he cost us nothing? deary me :P.

Thought everyone played well tonight and it contributed to a superb away performance as we restricted to Stoke to absolutely nothing going forward and outplayed and outfought them,maybe after this result people will give us some credit about how good we actually are.

OVER THE FRICKIN' MOON!

First half, we were class! rushing Stoke all over the pitch, limited them to very little in our own half. We took our two goals very well. Out of nothing really, both of them. Ba's first, from a long ball, well nodded on my Besty and give credit to Obertan, he put a good ball in for Ba who did well to finish seeing as the ball was slightly behind him. Same with the second goal, we won a pretty cheap throw in and got 'Delap-fever' as Ryan Taylor seemed to think he was Delap and tried his long throw-ins every time we had a chance. (LOL at that!) Stoke failed to clear and Besty's fluffed shot went on a plate for Ba. Nothing less than we deserved for how we stopped Stoke's main way of attacking throughout the half and took our chances.

Second half saw a fixture of us maybe stepping off the gas, especially with closing down. But, credit to Stoke, they came out with more intent second half and were alot sharper. Saying that, they didn't really threaten our goal that much. Didn't stop me from getting a bit worried.

Now. Stoke's penalty. I had thoughts of David Luiz's challenge against QPR last weekend. Very soft pen, seeing as Ba's eyes were on the ball and never left the ball. Contact was made, so I can see why it was given. BUT about 12 penalties should of been given during the game before that point if thats all it took to give one. FACT! The same with our penalty, Best was hardly touched but if one was given then the other had to be. Both terrible decisions in my opinion.

On the whole, I am just delighted. The second half was slightly worrying but to get a result from Stoke is amazing. Maybe I have built it up to more than it is but still I'm delighted.

The whole of the back-four were brilliant. Ryan Taylor especially! He put his body on the line on more than one occasion and felt the full force of Stoke's powerhouses. Fair play to him. With Jonas helping him too, we dealt really well with Pennant. Saw nothing of Jonas going forward but his defensive work made up for that.

Guthrie was brilliant. Replacing Tiote was going to be impossible, I thought. For a bloke who has had very little game-time of late, he stepped up and done really well. With the ball and without.

Baaaaaaa is really, really proving me wrong. Which I am delighted at. Plus, he lasted 90 minutes tonight. Time will tell wether that has an impact on him. Anyway, 21 games and 15 goals in England. 9 for us. Not bad.

301537_2565484345284_1499401355_2738221_1700657867_n.jpg

OVER THE FRICKIN' MOON!

First half' date=' we were class! rushing Stoke all over the pitch, limited them to very little in our own half. We took our two goals very well. Out of nothing really, both of them. Ba's first, from a long ball, well nodded on my Besty and give credit to Obertan, he put a good ball in for Ba who did well to finish seeing as the ball was slightly behind him. Same with the second goal, we won a pretty cheap throw in and got 'Delap-fever' as Ryan Taylor seemed to think he was Delap and tried his long throw-ins every time we had a chance. (LOL at that!) Stoke failed to clear and Besty's fluffed shot went on a plate for Ba. Nothing less than we deserved for how we stopped Stoke's main way of attacking throughout the half and took our chances.

Second half saw a fixture of us maybe stepping off the gas, especially with closing down. But, credit to Stoke, they came out with more intent second half and were alot sharper. Saying that, they didn't really threaten our goal that much. Didn't stop me from getting a bit worried.

Now. Stoke's penalty. I had thoughts of David Luiz's challenge against QPR last weekend. Very soft pen, seeing as Ba's eyes were on the ball and never left the ball. Contact was made, so I can see why it was given. BUT about 12 penalties should of been given during the game before that point if thats all it took to give one. FACT! The same with our penalty, Best was hardly touched but if one was given then the other had to be. Both terrible decisions in my opinion.

On the whole, I am just delighted. The second half was slightly worrying but to get a result from Stoke is amazing. Maybe I have built it up to more than it is but still I'm delighted.

The whole of the back-four were brilliant. Ryan Taylor especially! He put his body on the line on more than one occasion and felt the full force of Stoke's powerhouses. Fair play to him. With Jonas helping him too, we dealt really well with Pennant. Saw nothing of Jonas going forward but his defensive work made up for that.

Guthrie was brilliant. Replacing Tiote was going to be impossible, I thought. For a bloke who has had very little game-time of late, he stepped up and done really well. With the ball and without.

Baaaaaaa is really, really proving me wrong. Which I am delighted at. Plus, he lasted 90 minutes tonight. Time will tell wether that has an impact on him. Anyway, 21 games and 15 goals in England. 9 for us. Not bad.

[img']http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/301537_2565484345284_1499401355_2738221_1700657867_n.jpg[/img]

I agree with this. HOWAY THE TOON!

Great write up from you Dai. James Perch came in for Cabaye and right away got a yellow card. Everytime Simpson gets a throw in, he would used the Delap's towel even it's in our own half. LoL! :D

Nevertheless, great win for us! HTL!!

Dai you pretty much summed everything up and saved me from writing a long one.

Danny Simpson & Taylor using Delap's towel on every throw in was too funny. Everytime he took one, the pub just erupted in laughter.

That result is just what we need going into the City, United, Chelsea back-to-back triple header. Now lets hope we can keep it going against Everton!

So, Everton at home in the early kick-off. I'm more confident than normal. Depends if Moyes thinks of us as title challngers and shuts up shop like he has done against the top teams this season. Can't see it though. We are there to be scored against despite what our defensive record says/shows.

Looking forward to it anyway.

So' date=' Everton at home in the early kick-off. I'm more confident than normal. Depends if Moyes thinks of us as title challngers and shuts up shop like he has done against the top teams this season. Can't see it though. We are there to be scored against despite what our defensive record says/shows.

Looking forward to it anyway.[/quote']

Moyes will be looking at this game as an opportunity to win. Good form does not mean that the team has the quality of a top four side and Moyes will know that. I would prefer it if they did try to attack because they can be a very hard side to break down if they choose to go for a point. Our defence is playing well and Ba is scoring goals so if they both do their jobs then this game is winnable.

Moyes will be looking at this game as an opportunity to win. Good form does not mean that the team has the quality of a top four side and Moyes will know that. I would prefer it if they did try to attack because they can be a very hard side to break down if they choose to go for a point. Our defence is playing well and Ba is scoring goals so if they both do their jobs then this game is winnable.

Yeah, I agree. I was just wondering if that would be the case. We struggled to break Wigan down when they came to SJP and they certainly aren't as organised as Everton would be so I think we would struggle.

They should have a go at us and if they do, we have the players to unlock defences, especially on the break.

I don't have a good feeling about this game and reckon you will beat us. We haven't played to badly in the last two games against Chelsea and Manchester United but we just don't take our chances and our play is very predictable as most of our attacks involve Baines crossing the ball into the striker but that doesn't work as Saha is always out wide.

:) Ello All enjoying our start to the season?

Had to go cold turkey to get off soccermanger lol

Enjoying a lot of people eating their words this season :)

Watched every single Newcastle prem game this season so far be it on sky or a crappy stream.

The performance against stoke was no surprise to me. The players have been putting that effort in nearly every game.

When things have not went our way team effort and never say die attitude has got us the points

Ba has looked quality after 1 or 2 poor games at the start of the season. What I din't know then that he was going though Ramadan which explains a lot!!!

Cheap French players was threw at us a lot from members on here!! Get more in I say lol.

Great to see S.Talyor getting back to his form a few years ago.

Excited by Marveaux starting! No Obertan is a plus too!

Edit: Demba Ba having a little fitness test on the side of the pitch. I was worried when he wasn't taken off against Stoke on Monday.

Excited by Marveaux starting! No Obertan is a plus too!

Edit: Demba Ba having a little fitness test on the side of the pitch. I was worried when he wasn't taken off against Stoke on Monday.

Not an Obertan fan :)?

One way to look at it. He's a hell a lot better than Routledge :D

Sky just said ba has a bit of a stif back

Watching the playrs set up for that corner I spotted Simpson marking someone much taller than him. Didn't realise it was Rodwell. Simpson should be on a frickin' post, not marking! Especially Rodwell. Jeeeez!

2ND IN THE PREMIERSHIP!! (For a few hours)

Had to work for that one though. Fair play to Everton for having a bit of a go second half. In fairness though, they were very one dimensional. Easy-ish to defend against. I was very nervous though, even with 25 minutes to go.

The injuries are worrying. Will be eager to find out what's wrong with Cabaye and Marveaux and hopefully both will have a rest over the international break.

Great display, especially in the first half, we looked good going forward and very solid at the back. Granted, Saha had little to no support when the ball was lofted forward to him but you still need to defend and we did. What a goal by Taylor too! Boooosh! Still angry that Simpson marked at a corner, which allowed Everton to equalize.

Second half, Everton were up for it after their goal in first half stoppage time but they didn't really create clear cut chances throughout the half which was down to us really. Great defensive shift from Jonas again. Can kind of understand Maradona playing him as a wing-back at the last world cup now.

Guthrie was good again. Actually can't fault any performance apart from Best really. He was caught offside over 10 times, most were needless too, just him being very lazy! That needs addressing!

Anywho, STILL UNBEATEN! Only 6 teams in Europe can boast that! :D

316208_2116930605133_1301763700_1765954_2012772442_n.jpg

2ND IN THE PREMIERSHIP!! (For a few hours)

Had to work for that one though. Fair play to Everton for having a bit of a go second half. In fairness though' date=' they were very one dimensional. Easy-ish to defend against. I was very nervous though, even with 25 minutes to go.

The injuries are worrying. Will be eager to find out what's wrong with Cabaye and Marveaux and hopefully both will have a rest over the international break.

Great display, especially in the first half, we looked good going forward and very solid at the back. Granted, Saha had little to no support when the ball was lofted forward to him but you still need to defend and we did. What a goal by Taylor too! Boooosh! Still angry that Simpson marked at a corner, which allowed Everton to equalize.

Second half, Everton were up for it after their goal in first half stoppage time but they didn't really create clear cut chances throughout the half which was down to us really. Great defensive shift from Jonas again. Can kind of understand Maradona playing him as a wing-back at the last world cup now.

Guthrie was good again. Actually can't fault any performance apart from Best really. He was caught offside over 10 times, most were needless too, just him being very lazy! That needs addressing!

Anywho, STILL UNBEATEN! Only 6 teams in Europe can boast that! :D[/quote']

Get down the city Dai... :P

That was a bit nerve racking at the end. I think the 2-0 lead was deserved but by the end I think the team rode their luck to hold on to that. How long can it go on? Probably not very long with the next three games. 25 points from 11 games though. I thought it would take until at least January to get that many on the board. :P:D