Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

I would hate to have chairman/directors like yours ' date=' quite like newcastle but resent those in power at st james (sports direct arena my arse!)[/quote']

A lot of dislike/hatred is aimed at Mike Ashley but Llambias is just as bad. Have you seen this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208411/Nude-castle-United-Llambias-runs-naked-St-James-Park-losing-bet-Ashley.html

It wasn't recently but it shows what a idiot Llambias is.

The Olympic committee have already said that the stadium will be called St James' for the Olympic' next year and all the Sports Direct signs are coming off (very strict, select advertising rules etc) So stick that up your pipe Mr Ashley.

Think I may be going to Newcastle v Chelsea on the 3rd as its a mates birthday , really looking forward to seeing Newcastle at st james , respect Newcastle alot and there one of if not my fave side in the PL at the moment.

Think I may be going to Newcastle v Chelsea on the 3rd as its a mates birthday ' date=' really looking forward to seeing Newcastle at st james , respect Newcastle alot and there one of if not my fave side in the PL at the moment.[/quote']

It is a great ground, you'll enjoy it. You may well not get the best of the views if you do happen to be up in the gods, but it is up at the very top of the Premier League grounds that i have been to so far (the others being Anfield, Etihad, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Molineux, Carrow Road & DW).

I respect Newcastle a lot as well and their fans passion and support.

It'll probably be a long journey up for you though :P

It is a great ground' date=' you'll enjoy it. You may well not get the best of the views if you do happen to be up in the gods, but it is up at the very top of the Premier League grounds that i have been to so far (the others being Anfield, Etihad, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Molineux, Carrow Road & DW).

I respect Newcastle a lot as well and their fans passion and support.

It'll probably be a long journey up for you though :P[/quote']

Believe its 7 hours + but should be worth , don't think when my mate goes they sit up in the gods so to speak , think there behind the goal quite low down normally :) I personally can't wait! Love going to ground I've never been to before always gives me a buzz be , st james will be awesome I'm sure!

Think I may be going to Newcastle v Chelsea on the 3rd as its a mates birthday ' date=' really looking forward to seeing Newcastle at st james , respect Newcastle alot and there one of if not my fave side in the PL at the moment.[/quote']

I'm going aswell..

Believe its 7 hours + but should be worth ' date=' don't think when my mate goes they sit up in the gods so to speak , think there behind the goal quite low down normally :) I personally can't wait! Love going to ground I've never been to before always gives me a buzz be , st james will be awesome I'm sure![/quote']

It's really a great experience although I know I'm biased,I remember my uncle and cousin coming up for the Newcastle vs Birmingham game (there Birmingham fans) and they both enjoyed the day too,it's great having the stadium in the city too and I've never been to a stadium like that and that's why I love going up there so much.

Demba Ba will score today.

Why do you think that? I think this game will be similar to when you played Sunderland. It might take a while to get a goal but once Man Utd are infront it is hard to peg them back. Our lot will have to score first if we are going to get anything today.

Why do you think that? I think this game will be similar to when you played Sunderland. It might take a while to get a goal but once Man Utd are infront it is hard to peg them back. Our lot will have to score first if we are going to get anything today.

I think you will score today ( mainly BA ) for the following reasons.

WBA (A), Spurs (H), Arsneal (H), Chelsea (H), Basel (H), Norwich (H), City (H), Benfica (H) - All teams who either had between 7-8 gazillion clear cut opportunities, or benefitted from our regular laspses in concentration at the back.

And seeing as Ba is the main man for you lot, I anticipate he will score at least 1 of his 10/11 one on one opportunities that present itself to him this afternoon.

I think you will score today ( mainly BA ) for the following reasons.

WBA (A)' date=' Spurs (H), Arsneal (H), Chelsea (H), Basel (H), Norwich (H), City (H), Benfica (H) - All teams who either had between 7-8 gazillion clear cut opportunities, or benefitted from our regular laspses in concentration at the back.

And seeing as Ba is the main man for you lot, I anticipate he will score at least 1 of his 10/11 one on one opportunities that present itself to him this afternoon.[/quote']

I hope so but I'm never really hopeful of anything when playing Man Utd. Even if they don't play well they still get the result. Vidic is also back today. I have also just found out there is chance of James Perch playing centre half today because Coloccini has a back spasm. I'll let you see for yourself just how bad he is come 3pm if he is playing. :P

I think were a better team than Sunderland though therefore will cause them more of a threat when attacking the goal,hopefully Ba can finish any chances he gets and Ben Arfa can link up the play like he did against Man City.

We created three great chances against Man City and got a goal,I think City are far more defensively solid than Man United are which is why I'm far more confident we can get at least one goal and possibly two.

Either way though there's no pressure on us whatsoever and it's all on Man United,almost forgot to mention Obertan as well,I know his seen as a joke in the red half of Manchester but if he goes out there and plays to his potential he could win the game for us,his frustrating but his certainly got ability.

I think were a better team than Sunderland though ( I never thought you would think that:D )therefore will cause them more of a threat when attacking the goal' date='hopefully Ba can finish any chances he gets and Ben Arfa can link up the play like he did against Man City.

We created three great chances against Man City and got a goal,I think City are far more defensively solid than Man United [b'](The Red Lion pub side are more solid defensively )[/b]are which is why I'm far more confident we can get at least one goal and possibly two.

Either way though there's no pressure on us whatsoever and it's all on Man United,almost forgot to mention Obertan as well,I know his seen as a joke in the red half of Manchester (Being marked out of a game against the might of Crawley etc etc will do that to a player;) )but if he goes out there and plays to his potential he could win the game for us,his frustrating but his certainly got ability.

10 characters

10 characters

1.The table shows were better than Sunderland by 14 points,who am I to argue with that?.

2.Never seen the Red Lion pub side tbh so I can't pass comment on that :P.

3.Crawley are top drawer though no wonder he struggled :P,in all seriousness his a confidence player and I think he needs a run in the side to play near his potential,he had a great game against Stoke just before he got injured so hopefully he can replicate that today.

1.The table shows were better than Sunderland by 14 points' date='who am I to argue with that?.

[b']Touche;)[/b]

2.Never seen the Red Lion pub side tbh so I can't pass comment on that :P.

They are not quite 'Premier league class' lets say.......

3.Crawley are top drawer though no wonder he struggled :P,in all seriousness his a confidence player and I think he needs a run in the side to play near his potential,he had a great game against Stoke just before he got injured so hopefully he can replicate that today.

Obertan and Bebe - oh god, they were so bad that if RyanAir offered me a seat on a plane that had those two as the 'wings', I would feel much more secure in the plane than seeing them play on the 'wings' for us.

I think Obertans 'official' average was 1 succesful run/opportunity created out of every 7145 attempts:o

King Tiote is back!:D Obertan is back, which I think is a good thing as he will hopefully be looking to prove a point. Leon Best s back also so he can stand offside for 90 minutes, or up to 60 minutes until he's taken off, yey! :rolleyes:

I'm a bit mixed today. I feel we could sneak it, but! if we concede in the first 20 minutes I will fear a thumping.

We showed City too much respect last week and looked too scared at times. Hopefully Pardew drums into the players that United are looking vulnerable.

TOON ARMY!