Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

King Tiote is back!:D Obertan is back' date=' which I think is a good thing as he will hopefully be looking to prove a point. Leon Best s back also so he can stand offside for 90 minutes, or up to 60 minutes until he's taken off, yey! :rolleyes:

I'm a bit mixed today. I feel we could sneak it, but! if we concede in the first 20 minutes I will fear a thumping.

We showed City too much respect last week and looked too scared at times. Hopefully Pardew drums into the players that United are looking vulnerable.

TOON ARMY![/quote']

Who says Tiote is back? I'm sure it was reported he was out of this game despite him being in training again.

Who says Tiote is back? I'm sure it was reported he was out of this game despite him being in training again.

It was on tele-text last night. Could be wrong, of course. I hope he's back.

Good first half display. We need to keep our heads though. We have almost gifted United goals twice by lack of concentration rather than poor defending.

Looking good going forward too. BUT! Again, if Obertan had a little bit more quality in his game he would be lethal. You can see why United sold him. He's such a major feature in our attacking game but he was little-no end product.

Ah well. More of the same second half please. :D

That was the best atmosphere i've ever seen in a pub for a long time! Jesus, my heart is still going nuts.

I thought we were done for when Jonas went. Tim Krul just added £15m to his value after today. The back line were brilliant, put their bodies on the line for everything. That Danny Simpson clearance off the line as well!

It was never a penalty but it's about time some decisions went against United and on the whole i think we probably deserved a point with the effort alone. Especially after it looked like it was going to be another jammy United win with that goal.

Bring on Chelsea, i fancy us to get a win tbh and before these three games i actually said "being optimistic, i reckon lose against City, draw at United and beat Chelsea" .... Fingers crossed.

I was going to post my thoughts on the match yesterday but sad news has just broke that Gary Speed has died. There have been no further details released yet but it came as a great shock to me and probably everyone else.

RIP Gary Speed.

I was going to post my thoughts on the match yesterday but sad news has just broke that Gary Speed has died. There have been no further details released yet but it came as a great shock to me and probably everyone else.

RIP Gary Speed.

Fully agree Liam,honestly in disbelief of the news tbh,superb player and professional and a great person as well.

RIP Gary Speed.

My dad rang me and told me about an hour ago and i just still cannot get my head around it.

If Gazza had committed suicide you'd go "yeah its a tragedy but i saw it coming" but Speedo!?!

I just don't understand it... He was on Football Focus yesterday as happy as ever, talking about the future of Welsh football, a few games he was looking forward to, his kids future and even just playing golf on Monday. Im actually lost for words.

I had BBC News on before and they had Dan Walker on the host of Football Focus and he just didn't know what to say, he said there was so much stuff Speedo said yesterday that makes this make even less sense. Robbie Savage was on and he started filling up and they had to cut short the interview.

A true legend of the game, R.I.P Speedo. Never be forgotten in Newcastle.

There is a page of tributes to Speed on the BBC but one of the most moving is Robbie Savage being interviewed. He was saying that there was nothing to suggest anything was wrong and he was speaking to Speed yesterday and they were laughing and joking about Savage getting low scores on Strictly Come Dancing. Savage is in tears by the end of it and can't even bring himself to say anything because he is so upset. I have never seen that side of him before.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15908380.stm

Me, being my pesimistic self. I'm expecting Chelsea to take out their frustrations on us today. I thought Utd would have done it last week too but that didn't happen.

If we play as well as we did up until Jonas got sent off last week then I'll be happy. I just don't want a 4-0 or something. Saying that, home advantage has to count for something.

Considering we should of been playing against 10 men for most of the game. :rolleyes: I'm not moaning again, just mentioning. :D We got the rub of the green last week, Chelsea certainly did this week.

It was 0-0 while we still had our first choice defense in-tact.

A little hard to take, this defeat. We were poor defensively in the first half. Mata and Sturridge were ripping us to shreds. I put that down to Simpson being a poor defender (yes, he's part of a pretty succesful team defensive record but he blags his way through so many situations) and R. Taylor being a midfielder. Both lacking in pace too. Please, Santon needs a chance at Norwich, either with R. Taylor moving to RB or just a straight swap. I might be a little harsh but still, its what I think. :D

Granted, Perch came on for Side-Show and he's far from a CB. He didn't mark Drogba tight enough for the first goal but other than that I have to praise his performance, thrown in at the deep end while we were being bombarded.

Danny Guthrie was good. He's come on so much in Tiote's absence, I wouldn't be disappointed if he was offered a new contract seeing as his expires in the summer. Just depends what happens with Cabaye. We are bound to get offers for him even after just one season with us. He is outstanding! I love watching him. Going forward and defending. He is pure class!

Lovenkrands did well, without doing anything special, he played his part. Looked knackered when taken off though. :P

Now, Obertan, again! I'm not going to keep saying it all season. We are into December now and he still adds nothing to the team but being speedy. He has nothing else at all! So frustrating! :mad:

I think Ba should have scored. Same as against City, we can't afford to waste good chances against top-four teams.

Overall, I'm delighted. 3-0 didn't reflect the game on the whole. After the first half I would of said 3-0 to Chelsea would of been deserved but after changing our formation at half time we were brilliant apart from finding a goal.

I'm worried about our next game though. Kadar may get a chance with both CB's going off. :(

(Cheers for reading that, if you read it all. :o )

I wonder how Pardew hasn't given Santon any chance to play a part in this team. Surely he's been fit enough to be included in the squad for 2 or last 3 games and i think he's better than Simpson or Ryan Taylor. And Tim Krul was outstanding again in this match

I wonder how Pardew hasn't given Santon any chance to play a part in this team. Surely he's been fit enough to be included in the squad for 2 or last 3 games and i think he's better than Simpson or Ryan Taylor. And Tim Krul was outstanding again in this match

Santon may be better however with Newcastles good start to the season and there good defensive record there's no reason to change the back four as once you start playing around with it then there's a change in communication between the back four.