Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

St james is beautiful ive got to admit but there was hardly any atmosphere yesterday which is a shame. You didn't deserve to lose 3-0 , Luiz should of been off and the first goal was a complete and utter joke , Obertan is rubbish though and should of really come off for Sammi not Ben Afra , don't see what Pardew was thinking tbh.

Still a great day out just a shame about the result!

Pardew on Goals on Sunday mentioned Steven Taylor could be out for rest of season with ankle ligament damage, terrible news if that's true. :(

Although he also said there will be players coming in in January with CB a key position now.

Overall though after watching that game yesterday LB is needed so badly, it was actually becoming a joke how open we were down that side in the first half. :o

Pardew on Goals on Sunday mentioned Steven Taylor could be out for rest of season with ankle ligament damage' date=' terrible news if that's true. :(

Although he also said there will be players coming in in January with CB a key position now.

[b']Overall though after watching that game yesterday LB is needed so badly, it was actually becoming a joke how open we were down that side in the first half. [/b]:o

People will say that but Jonas was missing yesterday and he has helped out Ryan Taylor immensely this season. Until the last few games Taylor deserved to play but maybe it would be time to bring in Santon.

I'm not not bothered about the defeat but the injuries are quite annoying. Tiote, Coloccini and S.Taylor being out is a cruel blow but hopefully it stops Ashley from thinking he can cash in and the squad will do alright without them. Even better if he brings in some players to cover for them but I can't see it. The next three games are winnable so I will see how they go but I think Norwich will be the toughest of them next week.

May as well right this game off now. James Perch coming on for Side-Show. Its going to be at least 4-0 Chelsea. :(:mad:

I said "well that is game over" to my friend sitting next to me when he came on. :P He actually did quite well considering how useless he normally is.

Yup, Taylor is confirmed as out for the rest of the season now.

I know in recent games, we've had scouts watching Montpellier (top of Ligue 1) and they've been watched Giroud (top scorer in France) and Mbiwa (captain, who just happens to be a CB.)

Our lacking centre back crisis begins! Away to Norwich is tricky. I'm not expecting anything really. A draw would be nice. Wuld a loss be a total, disaster? Considering the line-up, not really.

Newcastle team vs Norwich:

Krul, R.Taylor, Simpson, Perch, Santon; Obertan, Cabaye, Gosling, Gutierrez ©; Ba, Shola Ameobi.

I thought Santon would play CB actually. Questions over his ability in the air. He's quite tall but that counts for nothing. Or will Simpson or Ryan Taylor play along side Perch? I'm worried about Steve Morison, he's surely licking his lips at the prospect of getting on the scoresheet today.

Jonas captain? Strange.

Guthrie is a loss too but I have faith in Gosling. He came here injured and still has a point to prove.

HAWAY!

Our lacking centre back crisis begins! Away to Norwich is tricky. I'm not expecting anything really. A draw would be nice. Wuld a loss be a total' date=' disaster? Considering the line-up, not really.

Newcastle team vs Norwich:

Krul, R.Taylor, Simpson, Perch, Santon; Obertan, Cabaye, Gosling, Gutierrez ©; Ba, Shola Ameobi.

I thought Santon would play CB actually. Questions over his ability in the air. He's quite tall but that counts for nothing. Or will Simpson or Ryan Taylor play along side Perch? I'm worried about Steve Morison, he's surely licking his lips at the prospect of getting on the scoresheet today.

Jonas captain? Strange.

Guthrie is a loss too but I have faith in Gosling. He came here injured and still has a point to prove.

HAWAY![/quote']

I'd have picked Best over Shola,but aside from that it's the team I would have played,Ben Arfa played OK but we looked far better when he went 4-4-2 against Chelsea last weekend,although Shola did play well in the Chelsea game so I can understand why his been picked.

Best defence we could pick really,suprised there's no real defensive cover on the bench though as it could have been a good chance to give someone like Kadar or Streete a taste of premier league football.

I think we can win today but I'll got a 2-2 draw,at least were going for it which given the situation were in with injuries is our best policy I think.

anyone got a stream?

http://eplsite.biz/stream4.html

Best stream I have had all season.

I was just typing out how Norwich deserved to be infront at the break, the Yohan Cabaye pulled out a bit of magic to set-up Ba. Cabaye is fantastic! I can't say that enough recently!

As I said, Norwich deserved to be infront but I'm happy we are level, obviously. We started well but as soon as Norwich started playing against our weaknesses, which in truth is a pretty zig-zag defence they caused us all sorts of problems. That said, Perch and Simpson are not doing bad. They just need a little more cover.

Santon is class on the ball but needs more game-time to get to grips with the defensive side of the Premiership.

Bring on the second half!

We need to stop giving the ball away so much in the second half and constantly invite Norwich to attack the back four,if we can do that then we look like scoring a goal more than they do tbh,as for all of Norwich's pressure they haven't really looked like scoring except for the goal which was a deflection that could have just gone anywhere really.

We miss Colo in this aspect so we can play it out from the back,were instead were sort of lumping it up top and not making the ball stick,also it's time to bring on someone for Shola who looks like he can get himself sent off,have to say the goal was superb as Demba took it superbly and the pass from Cabaye was absolutely superb,I think Santon's looked impressive on his debut and I have to say Gosling has made some great runs from midfield that haven't been rewarded as of yet.

Depending on how we play second half will decide the result.

Just can't deal with crosses today due to the lack of height Simpson and Perch have compared to Holt and Morison' date='shame it's cost us the game as we've played quite well at times.[/quote']

Quite possibly the worst fixture to have during our CB crisis but can't complain. It was always going to be tough. Credit Norwich for going with the two big men upfront.

Disappointed but not un-expected.

Looking forward to Saturday. Not going up myself, went there a couple of years ago and it's not one that you can regularly visit on away days, especially with the amount of new ground opportunities that are only a 4 hour drive. Just a fair way away i guess, but nice place Newcastle is, St. James's Park is a quality ground but you are up in the gods and i did go there when we lost 3-0 a few years ago as I said. I'll just have to watch it in a pub.

I'm fairly confident actually, don't think we're favourites by any means but I think we've got a reasonable chance of getting something from the game. Mainly due to the defensive injuries that are at Newcastle, along with a lot of attacking confidence that we have at the moment which we didn't have a little earlier on in the season. Also got Caulker back and his defensive ability has certainly shown, in his first game back for a couple of months he was crucial to the clean sheet on Saturday against Fulham. Defensively i feel we're far more solid than we were at Blackburn due to this, along with Jazz Richards gaining a lot of confidence through playing regularly and his performances have improved a lot so he won't be as much of a weak area then he was a couple of weeks ago.

This is what i'd back our side to look like:

Vorm

Richards - Caulker - Williams © - Taylor

Britton - Gower

Allen

Routledge - Graham - Sinclair

Although there's little question on who will play at the back, it could be a number of difference combinations in the attacking areas. Sinclair and Routledge both played well on Saturday but Dyer was our best player last season and started this season off well, i wouldn't be suprised if Dyer played but i think he'll start with Routledge and Sinclair. Up front it could be any of Graham, Lita and Moore - most likely to be Graham but Lita also played well on Saturday. In the attacking midfield role Moore played fairly well on Saturday, but it could be any of Allen, Agustien, Routledge, Dobbie or Moore. Allen the most likely. In the two more slightly defensive midfield roles although there's a few options i can't see Britton or Gower being left out.

My guess of Newcastle's line up:

Krul

Perch - Simpson - Williamson - Taylor

Obertan - Smith - Cabaye - Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

I think you'll try and match us up in midfield with Ben Arfa playing in attacking midfield, more likely with the suspension of Gosling and few options in centre midfield. Williamson has been declared fit to play which helps you out a bit, but i don't think he's the best. I'd like to see Perch play, he could well fit in at right-back although Santon may well play. I'd rather Perch play and i think Pardew prefers Perch.

Is Guthrie fit? Smith was on the bench against Norwich as the centre-midfield option and he could well play, don't think he's up to it any more at this level. Obertan doesn't offer much, Gutierrez hasn't done too much this season but Cabaye is sheer quality. As is Ben Arfa on his day and we can't give Ba a scoring opportunity.

My prediction: 1-1 (Graham)

Looking forward to Saturday. Not going up myself' date=' went there a couple of years ago and it's not one that you can regularly visit on away days, especially with the amount of new ground opportunities that are only a 4 hour drive. Just a fair way away i guess, but nice place Newcastle is, St. James's Park is a quality ground but you are up in the gods and i did go there when we lost 3-0 a few years ago as I said. I'll just have to watch it in a pub.

I'm fairly confident actually, don't think we're favourites by any means but I think we've got a reasonable chance of getting something from the game. Mainly due to the defensive injuries that are at Newcastle, along with a lot of attacking confidence that we have at the moment which we didn't have a little earlier on in the season. Also got Caulker back and his defensive ability has certainly shown, in his first game back for a couple of months he was crucial to the clean sheet on Saturday against Fulham. Defensively i feel we're far more solid than we were at Blackburn due to this, along with Jazz Richards gaining a lot of confidence through playing regularly and his performances have improved a lot so he won't be as much of a weak area then he was a couple of weeks ago.

[b']This is what i'd back our side to look like:[/b]

Vorm

Richards - Caulker - Williams © - Taylor

Britton - Gower

Allen

Routledge - Graham - Sinclair

Although there's little question on who will play at the back, it could be a number of difference combinations in the attacking areas. Sinclair and Routledge both played well on Saturday but Dyer was our best player last season and started this season off well, i wouldn't be suprised if Dyer played but i think he'll start with Routledge and Sinclair. Up front it could be any of Graham, Lita and Moore - most likely to be Graham but Lita also played well on Saturday. In the attacking midfield role Moore played fairly well on Saturday, but it could be any of Allen, Agustien, Routledge, Dobbie or Moore. Allen the most likely. In the two more slightly defensive midfield roles although there's a few options i can't see Britton or Gower being left out.

My guess of Newcastle's line up:

Krul

Perch - Simpson - Williamson - Taylor

Obertan - Smith - Cabaye - Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

I think you'll try and match us up in midfield with Ben Arfa playing in attacking midfield, more likely with the suspension of Gosling and few options in centre midfield. Williamson has been declared fit to play which helps you out a bit, but i don't think he's the best. I'd like to see Perch play, he could well fit in at right-back although Santon may well play. I'd rather Perch play and i think Pardew prefers Perch.

Is Guthrie fit? Smith was on the bench against Norwich as the centre-midfield option and he could well play, don't think he's up to it any more at this level. Obertan doesn't offer much, Gutierrez hasn't done too much this season but Cabaye is sheer quality. As is Ben Arfa on his day and we can't give Ba a scoring opportunity.

My prediction: 1-1 (Graham)

Can't see that been the line up if I'm honest,it's Colocinni and not Williamson that looks likely to play and that should shore us up defensively,espically given you don't have a Holt/Morison type player who are going to beat us in the air every single time,therefore I think we'll concede less goals this time around,also the way Demba Ba played last week was insane,on that form he'll score a goal in this game so that gives us a good base to build from in the game.

I also think we'll play 4-4-2 as it suits us best and we'll play Best upfront with Ba as Ameobi was terrible last week,also we have Abeid in the reserves and reports this morning sounds like he might start,I hope so as Smudgers a liability tbh.

Hopefully we'll line up like this

Krul

Taylor Simpson Colo Santon

Obertan Abeid Cabaye Guitierrez

Ba Best

Can't see that been the line up if I'm honest' date='it's Colocinni and not Williamson that looks likely to play and that should shore us up defensively,espically given you don't have a Holt/Morison type player who are going to beat us in the air every single time,therefore I think we'll concede less goals this time around,also the way Demba Ba played last week was insane,on that form he'll score a goal in this game so that gives us a good base to build from in the game.

I also think we'll play 4-4-2 as it suits us best and we'll play Best upfront with Ba as Ameobi was terrible last week,also we have Abeid in the reserves and reports this morning sounds like he might start,I hope so as Smudgers a liability tbh.

Hopefully we'll line up like this

Krul

Taylor Simpson Colo Santon

Obertan Abeid Cabaye Guitierrez

Ba Best[/quote']

I've heard Coloccini may be fit for Saturday, but Williamson feels he's ready to play - http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/mike_williamson_declares_himself_fit_for_newcastle_united_1_4057656

Really do hope Perch plays though, we won't provide an aerial threat. Not so much because we don't have players that can header the ball, but we won't be looking to cross the ball in to the box. But i like our wingers chances up against your full-backs.

Not sure about Abeid playing, don't have a clue who he is to be honest, but i think if you play two of them in midfield and only one of them is a recognized first teamer (all be it a very good one) we can get a lot of the possesion of the ball.

Your certainly favourites, but i think we have a decent chance of getting something from the game.

If Alan Smith plays then it is game over. If Coloccini is back then I would keep Danny Simpson at centre half with R.Taylor and Santon at full back. Simpson was better than Perch at centre half against Norwich and I think it will be more organised if Colo is indeed fit to return. I read Tiote could be back for this game too. Fingers crossed!

I'm hoping Tiote and Colo are fit again. Colo was almost declared fit for Norwich but just couldnt quite get fit enough in time for the game and Tiote was similar. They may not risk Tiote but then again they may look at it and think well he's off to the ACN in a few weeks so lets try and get the most out of him before he does. But we'll see.

I want to start and see Santon play, the kids got bags of potential and not to mention he's 6"2 which would solve some of our height problems at the back.

Would love to see Abeid partner Cabaye in the middle. He's been hyped in France for a couple of seasons now and has looked decent when i've seen him play. Also (not that this affects my opinion of him) he has been a wonderkid on the Football Manager series for the last couple of years and they're nearly always spot on with players lol.

I'm pretty confident tbh. I know people will jump on the bandwagon of ohhh Newcastle's bubble has burst and all of this but we deserved something against Chelsea and Norwich was just an injury nightmare. I'd be genuinely surprised if we don't win this one. Having that said though, Swansea have looked decent so far this season and with the likes of Sinclair could cause some problems.