Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

I suppose now would be a bad time to say i had a dream on Thursday night that this finished 0-0 :eek:

Swansea offered nothing all afternoon but we just couldn't make the most of it.

Why the hell Ben Arfa wasn't on for Obertan after the hour mark is beyond me. Glad to see Vuckic got some playing time but 9 minutes is nothing.

Thats the one thing i'd say against Pardew, he doesn't know when to change it up and always leaves it too late.

Disappointed we couldn't break down Swansea's defence. We must get better at playing against 11 man defenses. While we are doing well and sitting high'ish in the table we have to expect teams to want to come away from ST JAMES' PARK with a draw at all costs. We lumped the ball upfront too quick too often for my liking.

Santon is quality but why on earth is he a known left back when he can't, not doesn't, CAN'T use his left foot. :confused:

We were solid today, really solid, I suppose it would be hard not to be when we have 5 defending against 2 attackers all the time. Colo and Tiote give us so much stability though.

Maybe the long ball was used so much due to the fact Jonas has lost his attacking spark and wont take defenders on and Obertan is useless. If he has so much pace then why doesn't he flipping well use it???!! I have had enough of saying I hope he comes good, I hope he gets benched!

Best is also in the usless category. Even with Swansea defending on their own goal-line for 75 minutes he managed to be offside three times! How the..? He just offers nothing! Shola all the way for me, or stick Ben Arfa up front as a striker!

Williams and Caulker had it easy in the centre for Swansea as they are both comfortable dealing with long balls. Ba did offer an outlet but he can't do evrything on his own.

We need to improve ahead of West Brom as they will test us.

Great result for us!

First half was very poor, probably the worst half of our season. But defensively we dealt with a lot of the danger that you were throwing at us. We found it very difficult to get a hold of the ball and a grip on the game and did need a change at half time.

Agustien came on to give us more physicallity and did help us turn things around. Second half we got right back in to the game had a couple of chances and never really looked like conceding.

I don't think we went to the game looking to park the bus, we just couldn't get in to the game in the early stages of the match and were left defending for a lot of the first half.

Great point, other results went our way, fantatic :)

The Maiga deal has officially collapsed now.

Wonder if you lot will be looking at an alternative in January or whether you will stick with what you have until the summer?

The word on the street on both sides of the channel is theres a deal on the table for Olivier Giroud from Montpellier, the top scorer in France.

Apparently we're after his team mate Yanga-Mbiwa as well who happens to be a centre back. Pardew has said Ashley has told him he has money to spend on a centre back now because of Taylor's injury.

The Maiga deal has officially collapsed now.

Wonder if you lot will be looking at an alternative in January or whether you will stick with what you have until the summer?

The word on the street on both sides of the channel is theres a deal on the table for Olivier Giroud from Montpellier' date=' the top scorer in France.

Apparently we're after his team mate Yanga-Mbiwa as well who happens to be a centre back. Pardew has said Ashley has told him he has money to spend on a centre back now because of Taylor's injury.[/quote']

We had better strengthen up front in January! Ba will be heading off the the ACON and I really don't trust Ameobi and especially Best to get the goals we need.

The word on the street on both sides of the channel is theres a deal on the table for Olivier Giroud from Montpellier' date=' the top scorer in France.

Apparently we're after his team mate Yanga-Mbiwa as well who happens to be a centre back. Pardew has said Ashley has told him he has money to spend on a centre back now because of Taylor's injury.[/quote']

It would be simply astonishing if you got them both. They're CL material, really.

for £4m too' date=' one of the most laughably ridiculous deals of last summer (on the seller side of course)[/quote']

Amazing deal on our part. Still cannot believe we got him for that little. Laughable really considering we sold Carroll for £35m lol.

Tiote as well? He only cost a few million.

How much did you lot get Enrique for?

£6 Million and sold him on for a similar price as he only had a year left on his contract otherwise he'd have gone for a lot more,of course the whole of our first team hasn't cost a lot with Colocinni and Gutierrez been the only players we've signed for over £5 Million or above. (I wouldn't class Santon as a first team starter after two games although he should be.)

The likes of first teamers such as Krul,Cabaye,Tiote,Ba,Simpson and Steven Taylor have probably only cost £8 Million combined which is exceptional value for money,as in all likelihood they could all be sold on for around £65 Million and are the mainstay of our team.

In transfer news were supposed to be after Douglas from FC Twente who has 18 months left on his contract and says he won't sign a new one,therefore he could be available for a cheaper price,hope we can get him as I think he'd be a fantastic centre back in the EPL.

We got Cabaye...

To be fair' date=' I said them both. :P

In all fairness though; Cabaye had played for the same club throughout practically his whole career and was always keen on joining a new track but had always been denied it in the last minute, so I would really suspect that he pushed on a move to [i']Premier League[/i] and not Newcastle with all due respect. With Giroud and Yanga Mbiwa both beeing aces, both being relatively newcomers at Montpellier and both beeing under the watch of the most notorious leader in France - Nicollin - who isn't so keen on selling his stars for cut prices, teams will have to pay for their respective signatures. I doubt Newcastle would want to reach that limit despite the Carroll money, to be honest. If he would, I doubt Giroud and Yanga Mbiwa would be bothered to join Newcastle when they're soon to be participating in Champions League with MHSC.

One thing I noticed about that WBA game that really frustrated me was the use of the long-ball, at times it seemed to be the only out let we had. I also know Cabaye was missing but I still think we could have at least tried to play some football rather than just gamble on knock-downs which gets very tiresome.

Against Bolton with 6 games without a win I'd probably settle for a point but a win would certainly help kill off any doubt with this bad run. :o

One thing I noticed about that WBA game that really frustrated me was the use of the long-ball' date=' at times it seemed to be the only out let we had. I also know Cabaye was missing but I still think we could have at least tried to play some football rather than just gamble on knock-downs which gets very tiresome.

Against Bolton with 6 games without a win I'd probably settle for a point but a win would certainly help kill off any doubt with this bad run. :o[/quote']

Yup, when Shola came on, Pardew actually went and told Ryan Taylor to hit him with the long diagonal over the top. So frustrating.

If we don't win against Bolton we really have hit hard times.

Yup' date=' when Shola came on, Pardew actually went and told Ryan Taylor to hit him with the long diagonal over the top[/b']. So frustrating.

If we don't win against Bolton we really have hit hard times.

Nah it was happening before that, Colo, Krul, basically anyone who had the ball in our half :rolleyes:, the lack of creativity was very depressing, thank god Cabaye is back for Bolton. :o

Nah it was happening before that' date=' Colo, Krul, basically anyone who had the ball in our half :rolleyes:, the lack of creativity was very depressing, thank god Cabaye is back for Bolton. :o[/quote']

Apart from Ba being a beast, the only positive was Vuckic. Certainly looked worth the hype considering that was his first start.

Ba is some player. Thought he was impressive at West Ham but I never thought he would have this amount of goals in the first half of the season. How much is he worth do you think? I reckon he's at least 25m.

I wouldn't like to put a price on him at the minute. Tony Pulis must be having serious words with his medical staff after turning him down because of a bad knee. Lol yeah, a bad knee... It looks like it doesn't it lol.

Like Dai said, really glad Hatem got on the scoresheet. He needed that badly, because he hasn't looked himself since coming back from his broken leg and it will hopefully just give his confidence a bit of a boost.

Demba though, i mean, what do you say? The guy is a machine. It's not just his goal scoring, the guy just never stops working as well. I just hope we can tie him down quickly because thats our biggest problem at the minute.

How much did Krul, Tiote, Cabaye & Ba cost between them and how much are they worth now? Talk about profit lol.

I wouldn't like to put a price on him at the minute. Tony Pulis must be having serious words with his medical staff after turning him down because of a bad knee. Lol yeah' date=' a bad knee... It looks like it doesn't it lol.

Like Dai said, really glad Hatem got on the scoresheet. He needed that badly, because he hasn't looked himself since coming back from his broken leg and it will hopefully just give his confidence a bit of a boost.

Demba though, i mean, what do you say? The guy is a machine. It's not just his goal scoring, the guy just never stops working as well. I just hope we can tie him down quickly because thats our biggest problem at the minute.

How much did Krul, Tiote, Cabaye & Ba cost between them and how much are they worth now? Talk about profit lol.[/quote']

I think £25 Million is a bit much to be honest,think his worth around £15 Million myself,I liked him at West Ham too,but I didn't realise he had the all round game he had,the strength to hold of players and the deadly finishing in front of goal,every game you go into you expect him to score and I think he should get 20 goals now even with him going away to the African cup of Nations as well,aside from Shearer his definitely the best forward we've ever had since I supported Newcastle.

Still looking forward to Liverpool now Suarez is out as they'll just play long ball to Carroll all the time,I'm confident we can get something there,but they have been unlucky at Anfield this year so I'm hoping were not the team that goes there when Liverpool have there shooting boots on,be interesting to see what kind of reactions Enrique and Carroll get when we go there from the Newcastle fans as well.

If we win we actually go above Liverpool with half the season played,think it'd be ironic and hilarious if we finished above Liverpool after Liverpool tried to buy all our best players and the money they spent,can't see it happening though as much as I'd like it too.