Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Yes' date=' but in my defence. I didn't realise Ba was in Ramadan for the first few weeks of the season and also in my defence I have since said how wrong I was about him... and some!

If Liam ever comes back to this thread then he will tell you I always shoot my mouth off about players and then later end up eating my words. I don't care doing so as long as Ba keeps being a superstar. :D

Cheers for bringing it back up though. :o:rolleyes:[/quote']

This is true about Dai but I was guilty of that a bit. I went to the pre season game against Fiorentina and on that 45 minutes I was thinking "we have signed another Shola". How wrong could I be! Ba is absolutley fantastic. He is a fantastic finisher but he works hard, holds the ball up, he has skill and he seems like a good guy off the pitch.

It was a very good display last night. Man Utd weren't at the races but that is down to all the hard work the players put in closing them down and winning the ball back. Imagine how good this team could be if this team had two proper wingers and a good striker alongside Ba. I'm not slating the current players as they fit into the system well but there isn't many goals/assists from them at the moment. It is definitely something that needs to be sorted out in the summer.

This is true about Dai but I was guilty of that a bit. I went to the pre season game against Fiorentina and on that 45 minutes I was thinking "we have signed another Shola". How wrong could I be! Ba is absolutley fantastic. He is a fantastic finisher but he works hard' date=' holds the ball up, he has skill and he seems like a good guy off the pitch.

It was a very good display last night. Man Utd weren't at the races but that is down to all the hard work the players put in closing them down and winning the ball back. Imagine how good this team could be if this team had two proper wingers and a good striker alongside Ba. I'm not slating the current players as they fit into the system well but there isn't many goals/assists from them at the moment. It is definitely something that needs to be sorted out in the summer.[/quote']

Well, long time no speak... :o

We both got on Ba's case a little in the opening weeks of the season but it was well justified. As I said last night, I didn't know he was still doing whatever it is he does for Ramadan, obviously leaving him weak physically. Since then though, fantastic is an understatement. Think of how much better we would of done had Obertan had a better than average end product. :eek: Jonas' attacking is suffering due to defensive duties but I feel its required, or had been required while we had no assured LB. Now I feel Santon fits the bill, even if he can't use his left foot. He's more defensively aware.

I saw we have been in for Maiga from Sochaux again, also a midfielder from Dijon. As much as Williamson has really stepped up after returning from injury, I would still like to see a defender added to the squad. We've had two bids for Tomkins at West Ham rejected. Not a big fan of his but he would fill in well when needed I suppose. Thats if we do get him.

But, knowing Fat Mike, we will probably sell and not buy in this window. :rolleyes::( Hopefully not though.

Anyone think it will be a weaker team to play Blackburn on Saturday? I hope not.

Well' date=' long time no speak... :o[/quote']

Indeed it is. I still look at this thread but I don't really do anything else. I bet you are quite happy with how your three teams are doing at the moment. ;)

Anyone think it will be a weaker team to play Blackburn on Saturday? I hope not.

Pardew has said he won't be able to play the same team on Saturday so expect changes. Ba and Tiote are going to the African Cup of Nations but I think Cabaye and Coloccini will be rested.

I think it will be something like this:

Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Perch, R.Taylor, Obertan, Gosling, Vuckic, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Best.

Well' date=' long time no speak... :o

We both got on Ba's case a little in the opening weeks of the season but it was well justified. As I said last night, I didn't know he was still doing whatever it is he does for Ramadan, obviously leaving him weak physically. Since then though, fantastic is an understatement. Think of how much better we would of done had Obertan had a better than average end product. :eek: Jonas' attacking is suffering due to defensive duties but I feel its required, or had been required while we had no assured LB. Now I feel Santon fits the bill, even if he can't use his left foot. He's more defensively aware.

I saw we have been in for Maiga from Sochaux again, also a midfielder from Dijon. As much as Williamson has really stepped up after returning from injury, I would still like to see a defender added to the squad. We've had two bids for Tomkins at West Ham rejected. Not a big fan of his but he would fill in well when needed I suppose. Thats if we do get him.

But, knowing Fat Mike, we will probably sell and not buy in this window. :rolleyes::( Hopefully not though.

Anyone think it will be a weaker team to play Blackburn on Saturday? I hope not.[/quote']

I went to that Arsenal game where he made his debut and it's the worst debut I've ever seen,against them and Shorpe he was terrible up until the Fulham game,he came on made an assist and hit the post with a shot later on and after that his never looked back really.

As for the transfer window then if we sign a centre half and do no other business involving our first teamers I'll be happy,I know the likes of Harper and Smith might go out on loan and Ferguson has been linked with West Ham and Barnsley on loan as well,but still it's the 20 or so players we have used on a regular basis that we need to keep,I can see them been sold on in the summer,but breaking it all up in January is just stupid unless it's a Carroll type offer for someone.

And no it'll be a much different XI I think,a lot of players have played a lot of games in a short period and therefore we will be using this as a game to let them rest up and give fringe players a chance.

I'd hazard a guess it'll be something like this.

Elliott

Taylor Williamson Perch Santon

Obertan Cabaye Vuckic Jonas

Ben Arfa

Best/Shola

Sorry to dissapoint you Dai,but I really don't think the likes of Simpson,Krul or Colocinni will be risked as they've played pretty much all season long,and I think this will be marked in as they game they get to have a weekend off to keep them fresh for the rest of the season.

Jeff Stelling on SSN just mentioned Ba has a £10m release clause' date=' really hope that isn't true. :([/quote']

Yep, I was told that last night by a work-mate. My face dropped. :(

Jeff Stelling on SSN just mentioned Ba has a £10m release clause' date=' really hope that isn't true. :([/quote']

So far it's only in the Daily Mail newspaper wise so I'm not so sure. It's a £10m profit for Newcastle mind, and the £10M is only the minimum bid required to be accepted.

So far it's only in the Daily Mail newspaper wise so I'm not so sure. It's a £10m profit for Newcastle mind' date=' and the £10M is only the minimum bid required to be accepted.[/quote']

But who would bid more than the required 10M if you only need to bid 10m to get a bid accepted. :confused:

Forget the profit. I want BA!

But who would bid more than the required 10M if you only need to bid 10m to get a bid accepted. :confused:

Forget the profit. I want BA!

Has anyone aside from Harry Redknapp and the Daily Mail mentioned he has a release clause? hardly the two most reliable sources are they.

SSN a few hours ago' date=' Jeff Stelling.[/quote']

His just reporting on what was in the papers,I don't think it's true personally and even if it is then who's to say he'd want to move? I think Harry's just getting in the headlines again and trying to stir up some trouble like he always does.

I personally cannot see why they'd put a release clause in his contract. It's very rarely done outside of Spain and i think its just that saggy faced twit Harry trying to stir stuff to unsettle everyone.

He apparently had one in his West Ham contract allowing him to leave for free if they got relegated...

I think it's plausible that he has one but that a bidding war would probably get you more than £10M and that he's unlikely to leave in January because of the ACON. Plus, you could always offer him a new, improved contract; you're hardly a poor club and he looks like he's enjoying himself at Newcastle.

He apparently had one in his West Ham contract allowing him to leave for free if they got relegated...

I think it's plausible that he has one but that a bidding war would probably get you more than £10M and that he's unlikely to leave in January because of the ACON. Plus' date=' you could always offer him a new, improved contract; you're hardly a poor club and he looks like he's enjoying himself at Newcastle.[/quote']

Oh, i can believe the relegation clauses. Yeah exactly, thats what i was saying to friends, just offer him silly money to stay for the time being and like you say he looks like he's enjoying it up here! Fingers crossed anyway.

On a plus note.... BEN ARFA TIKABOOOO SONN! Beats about 7 players, wonder goal!

There was no streams at all for the game but apparently Ben Arfa's goal was sensational. Beat 7 or 8 players and scored and Jonas' goal was pretty much the last kick of the game :D.

Like you i reckon we've got a legit chance if we actually go for it. Especially with a lot of early Prem v Prem clashes including the Manc derby.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in England, they club doesn't have to accept the offer if the release clause is met. It is essentially the minimum offer the club has to accept.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in England' date=' they club doesn't have to accept the offer if the release clause is met. It is essentially the minimum offer the club has to accept.[/quote']

If the clause is essentially the minimum offer that the club has to accept, doesn't it mean precisely that the club must accept the offer if the clause is met? To me those are the one and the same thing.

If the clause is essentially the minimum offer that the club has to accept' date=' doesn't it mean precisely that the club must accept the offer if the clause is met? To me those are the one and the same thing.[/quote']

It is the minimum the club has to offer to get the player, the club can turn it down though. The English release clause is a weird.

Friend sent me this song

Collen is a slapper she wears a wonderbra and when she's shagging rooney she thinks of demba ba. Imogen Is welsh she likes a large martini, and when she's shagging giggsy she thinks of coloccini. When demba ba is not enough and collen's feeling naughty, she lies back and shuts her eyes and thinks of cheik tiote