Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

I remember when Neil Taylor from Swansea was supposed to be coming to Newcastle after a bid of £1m was made which met a clause in his contract but Swansea rejected the offer. I can't remember exactly what they said about why it wasn't a release clause but perhaps Swanseajack will know.

I remember when Neil Taylor from Swansea was supposed to be coming to Newcastle after a bid of £1m was made which met a clause in his contract but Swansea rejected the offer. I can't remember exactly what they said about why it wasn't a release clause but perhaps Swanseajack will know.

It was a clause that meant we could talk to the player if we put in that fee,but Swansea didn't have to sell for that price like you do with a minimum release clause.

It is the minimum the club has to offer to get the player' date=' the club can turn it down though. The English release clause is a weird.[/quote']

So, basically your version of the release clause is that the club that owns the player is not allowed to sell him under that sum? I understand that it is in the interests of agents to propose such clauses, but I wonder what would be the interest of the clubs and players to sign a contract with that kind of clause and why would it be called a release clause, when it is essentially a non-release clause: release clause's function is to tell the price with which the transfer must go through, whereas your version of it tells a price under which the player cannot be transferred. Then, about this "Spanish clause"-"English clause" -mess: a "release clause" is any clause that has been written in the contract and that tells a condition in which the player must be allowed to quit the club. I don't get this "permission to talk to player" -clause thing. basically the clubs can always contact players agent, only the negotiations can be a huge waste of time if the player's current club wants to keep player and has no legal constraint to let him go. So I highly doubt Ba has any this kind of clause in his contract, but on the other hand I don't think Redknapp is in a position to know if Ba has any clause at all - unless of course he has talked with Ba's agent and he is positive about the release clause. Anyway, Newcastle should simply give Ba a lucrative deal with no release clause and it would be the end of the story.

Don't know what to think of this release clause business.

If Harry wanted to sign him surely the last thing you do is tell the world that he can be had for peanuts?

We all know Ba has failed all medicals he has ever took because of his knee.

I believe he said its fine now but a few years down the line he said there might come to a point where he just not be able to play.

How does insurance work in football? Maybe if there is a release clause in his contract its due to insurance. Newcastle would of had then value the player if anything happened?

I know I needed insurance to play Rugby for my town. Even at youth level.

What's poo though is this is going to go on for this whole transfer window as Newcastle never comment on their players contract :/

Or until they get him signed on a new deal

The news of that clause in Ba's contract is because his agent will be trying to get him more money (whether it be here or by moving somewhere else). The only thing I have to say about Redknapp is what are you doing? After what Spurs said about Chelsea and Modric in the summer he is the last person to be talking about other teams players and this kind of thing in their contract. He was asked the question about Ba but he didn't need to mention any of this stuff. Redknapp has done it for years but still gets way with it.

The news of that clause in Ba's contract is because his agent will be trying to get him more money (whether it be here or by moving somewhere else). The only thing I have to say about Redknapp is what are you doing? After what Spurs said about Chelsea and Modric in the summer he is the last person to be talking about other teams players and this kind of thing in their contract. He was asked the question about Ba but he didn't need to mention any of this stuff. Redknapp has done it for years but still gets way with it.

I cannot say what i think of Harry without getting banned lol, i cannot stand the bloke. He's a whiney hypocrite. His face and his saggy, blinky eyes makes me angry enough as it is without the stuff that comes out his mouth.

Demba has came out today though and said he can see himself playing for PSG at some poing in his career but is going nowhere in January. I love the way he didn't even mention any other Premiership clubs :D

I cannot say what i think of Harry without getting banned lol' date=' i cannot stand the bloke. He's a whiney hypocrite. His face and his saggy, blinky eyes makes me angry enough as it is without the stuff that comes out his mouth.

Demba has came out today though and said he can see himself playing for PSG at some poing in his career but is going nowhere in January. I love the way he didn't even mention any other Premiership clubs :D[/quote']

"ee wuwdnt daaare tawk abaaat anuvva teams players, you'll aff speak to the chairman, harry knows naffink "

"ee wuwdnt daaare tawk abaaat anuvva teams players' date=' you'll aff speak to the chairman, harry knows naffink "[/quote']

Lol he just winds me up something rotten. Like a while back when United and City fell into the Europa League he starts going off about how its unfair that teams come into the competition and when youve lost in one you shouldn't be allowed in another one. Yet he doesn't say that when an average team falls out of the CL does he? Then when Spurs lose he goes on about how its not an important competition anyway.

Then, like someone else mentioned about Modric. He went off on one this summer about the stuff Chelsea were saying about Modric's contract and "unsettling" him, yet he deems it perfectly acceptable to reveal to the world that theres an apparent clause in Demba's contract.

Tbh whilst I agree that Harry tapping up is indeed very hypocritical of him, I think that most 'top' managers seem to be this way inclined.

SAF moaning about refereeing decisions.

Wenger not seeing things 'against' Arsenal, but being crystal clear in seeing things 'for' Arsenal.

Mancini complaining that his squad isnt "big enough".

Mourinho accusing other players of diving.

Dalglish defending Suarez but condemning racist abuse:p

I like Harry and appreciate he 'says it how it is' a lot of the time.

But you can be sure that if SAF had come out and said that Modric has a release clause of x amount, that he would already be complaining to the FA.

Btw, I remember one case in which the release clause actually needed to be met despite all parties wanting to simply end contract: Cassano in Sampdoria. I recall it was €21M and Milan paid one third of it, Cassano himself another €7M and finally Sampdoria paid the 3rd part!!! There are only two explanations I can figure out to make this understandable: it was part of the deal with which he joined Sampdoria in the first place, i.e. they owed that money to the club they bought Cassano from (Real Madrid); greedy agent was getting some good percentage of this deal and had forged a contract with a weird release clause.

Edit: I really didn't recall it right at all, much lesser sum, but it was indeed the case that they had to pay the buy out clause to Real Madrid and it was paid half by Sampdoria. Anyway, I don't see this being the case of Ba in Newcastle.

Combined with agent fees and insurance cover, it is thought that the overall package to land Ba would come in at a total price of over £20million, in what sources close to the player predicted to be a “very complex deal”.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/10/nufc-have-not-received-any-demba-ba-bids-72703-30090781/#ixzz1j8KtUykz

I see harry changing his story abit. Now saying we hearing different things from different people.

When we signed Ba for free, I remember seeing we had to pay 4-5 million agent fee for him alone.

Also big stores about Newcastle getting Carrol on the cheap trolololol

Sky Sports understands Manchester United have rejected a bid from Newcastle for teenage starlet Ravel Morrison.

Morrison seems set to leave Old Trafford after failing to agree a new deal with his current contract due to expire in the summer.

The Red Devils are thought to be open to the idea of offloading Morrison despite the fact the winger is regarded as one of the best players to emerge from their famed youth academy

A number of clubs at home and abroad have been alerted to Morrison's possible availability and Newcastle have tried to steal a march on their rivals by making an offer for the 18-year-old.

Strange one considering Barca, Real, Milan and Inter all want him lol.

Strange one considering Barca' date=' Real, Milan and Inter all want him lol.[/quote']

From what I hear the kid is a pile of trouble. Ain't He bound over or something ? 1 more wrong thing with the police and he inside?

I don't think he's quite that bad yet but i know he's had troubles.

If you look back over the last few years though, that is exactly the type of player Newcastle like... bit of a headcase, can lose their head on and off pitch, but bags of talent and love the game... it's almost part of the job spec to play for Newcastle!

If you look back over the last few years though' date=' that is exactly the type of player Newcastle like... bit of a headcase, can lose their head on and off pitch, but bags of talent and love the game... it's almost part of the job spec to play for Newcastle![/quote']

Lol you're right there, we've had some nutters over the years. It seemed as if we'd changed that philosophy though this year.

If you look back over the last few years though' date=' that is exactly the type of player Newcastle like... bit of a headcase, can lose their head on and off pitch, but bags of talent and love the game... it's almost part of the job spec to play for Newcastle![/quote']

:) Newcastle of old maybe. Look how many been shown the door.

nile ranger is the only trouble maker left and Newcastle been trying their hardest get rid.

nile ranger is the only trouble maker left and Newcastle been trying their hardest get rid.

Yeah that is a good point, although I would argue that a percentage have left rather than being shown the door.

Was it a concerted effort to get a 'well behaved' squad, or is it just coincidence that has seen it occur?

From memory, it was always the badduns that came up with the goods for you lot!

Yeah that is a good point' date=' although I would argue that a percentage have left rather than being shown the door.

Was it a concerted effort to get a 'well behaved' squad, or is it just coincidence that has seen it occur?

From memory, it was always the badduns that came up with the goods for you lot![/quote']

Well, you'd have to say it was a concerted effort. We've had a bunch of unhinged genius' at times but we've never got anywhere with them.

I remember reading an article a few months ago about how the loud scouse voices and practical jokes have been replaced with a French and Continental sophistication now and stuff along those lines and it was a really good article actually but i cannot for the life of me think what site i read it on!

Yeah that is a good point' date=' although I would argue that a percentage have left rather than being shown the door.

From memory, it was always the badduns that came up with the goods for you lot![/quote']

Concerted effort since Mike has took over.

Newcastle have a very strict transfer policy now and great harmony in the changing rooms.

Cayabe, tiote and Ba are prime examples of this.

Think Hatem Ben Arfa is one as well' date='the thing with Hatem is that his ability fulfilled means his worth an awful lot of money compared to our inital outlay of £5 Million,he moved for double that when he moved to Marseille three years ago from Lyon,so as far as Ashley is concerned if we can put up with and manage the problem players well then the rewards will be there in terms of a transfer fee.

Although his never been a problem player he saw the same with Santon who had lost his way in Italy,but now looks to be coming good for us and starting to cement his place in the first team,Ashley will view Morrison as the same type of player,relatively small outlay to sign someone who could potentially sell for 3 or 4 times the original price,and if it doesn't work out then the outlay was so small it doesn't bother him.

Only realised the way Mike Ashley operates with regards to problem players after reading this,shows how we've followed the Lyon model and what the geneal rules are.

[url']http://www.leazesterrace.com/lyon-on-tyne-newcastls-unlikely-inspiration/[/url]

Couple of you just mentioned Ashley, one even said 'Mike'. Is it me or did I sense just the slightest bit of affection? Is he still hated or are things coming good in that respect too? (apart from the sports direct centre of excellence lol)

Think Hatem Ben Arfa is one as well' date='the thing with Hatem is that his ability fulfilled means his worth an awful lot of money compared to our inital outlay of £5 Million,he moved for double that when he moved to Marseille three years ago from Lyon,so as far as Ashley is concerned if we can put up with and manage the problem players well then the rewards will be there in terms of a transfer fee.

Although his never been a problem player he saw the same with Santon who had lost his way in Italy,but now looks to be coming good for us and starting to cement his place in the first team,Ashley will view Morrison as the same type of player,relatively small outlay to sign someone who could potentially sell for 3 or 4 times the original price,and if it doesn't work out then the outlay was so small it doesn't bother him.[/quote']

To be fair Hatem is not a scum bag like some of the players we have had? More a fiery temper and huffs a bit :D But with talent like his he can get away with it :)