Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Couple of you just mentioned Ashley' date=' one even said 'Mike'. Is it me or did I sense just the slightest bit of affection? Is he still hated or are things coming good in that respect too? (apart from the sports direct centre of excellence lol)[/quote']

He peaved me off a lot of time but he is also doing a lot of good. Am on the Fence with him.

In the next few seasons Newcastle will be very strong Financial ground. Think we are due to break even this April without taking transfers into account.

We where on the brink of financial break down before he bought us. Huge 80million pound loan with super high interest. No sponsorship money for 2-3 years it was already prepaid and spent. Super high wage bill with overpaid flops on long contracts!! Still quite a bit of transfer money owed on players

Yes he has been a bit ruthless on the way he has done it but he is getting results.

That's what I mean Bigpig,Ashley and co clearly think Ben Arfa is worth putting up with,but the likes of Barton he clearly thought was dispensable and made sure he left the club.

And as for Ashley he is more popular than he used to be,although I have to say I don't think he'll ever be liked by the majority of fans,I think a lot of people respect the good work we've done in the transfer market in recent times,but he very rarely speaks,we have no idea what his future plans are for the club and seems willing to sell every good player that walks through the door,this team is fantastic,but instead of selling some backup players and bringing new ones in we'll probably sell them all off and start again.

And as for Ashley he is more popular than he used to be' date='although I have to say I don't think he'll ever be liked by the majority of fans,I think a lot of people respect the good work we've done in the transfer market in recent times,but he very rarely speaks,we have no idea what his future plans are for the club and seems willing to sell every good player that walks through the door,this team is fantastic,but instead of selling some backup players and bringing new ones in we'll probably sell them all off and start again.[/quote']

Sounds a lot like an owner of a club that I'm quite close to.... although at least Ashley has spent a bit of money!

I know it didn't seem it at the time but relegation really was a blessing in disguise for the club, I doubt you'd be where you are now if you had stayed in the PL.

To be perfectly honest i don't think Ashley is anymore liked than 12 months ago. It's just that success will continue to mask unpopularity. Whilst we're doing well and theres no problems, everyone forgets about Ashley but as soon we start to struggle and if key players are sold then he'll get it in the neck.

I think the renaming of the stadium showed that. 12 months ago he would have got a bullet between the eyes for having the cheek to rename St James' but because we're doing well a lot of people just went "Meh, whatever".

I think the renaming of the stadium showed that. 12 months ago he would have got a bullet between the eyes for having the cheek to rename St James' but because we're doing well a lot of people just went "Meh' date=' whatever".[/quote']

Very true :D

If you look back over the last few years though' date=' that is exactly the type of player Newcastle like... bit of a headcase, can lose their head on and off pitch, but bags of talent and love the game... it's almost part of the job spec to play for Newcastle![/quote']

Have noted the same thing. Considering that, Morrison really is Newcastle quality.

Lol you're right there' date=' we've had some nutters over the years. It seemed as if we'd changed that philosophy though this year.[/quote']

But you were still the ones to get Ben Arfa, for example. He is known in France for being an enfant terrible. He is not perhaps exactly nuts (though has shown enough signs of being), but he is a troublemaker. Many bewared him for that.

Edit: oh, he was already discussed.

Couple of you just mentioned Ashley' date=' one even said 'Mike'. Is it me or did I sense just the slightest bit of affection? Is he still hated or are things coming good in that respect too? (apart from the sports direct centre of excellence lol)[/quote']

Affection? Catch a grip! :mad:

French media are reporting that Cissokho is having a medical at Newcastle this weekend.

He's been left out the squad today too...

Really? I heard it was Arsenal the other day. Would be a great signing for us though.

French media are reporting that Cissokho is having a medical at Newcastle this weekend.

hmmm

Cissokho lb, santon rb, simpson sold due to not signing new contract?

Never been Simpson biggest fan but he been good this season, don't think anyone has more goal line clearances than him in the league

hmmm

Cissokho lb' date=' santon rb, simpson sold due to not signing new contract?

Never been Simpson biggest fan but he been good this season, don't think anyone has more goal line clearances than him in the league[/quote']

Simpson has been fantastic for us this season. It would be a shame for him to leave and he's said how much he wants to stay.

Santon is naturally a right back and very right footed as well.

Santon------Coloccini------Taylor-------Cissokho

Not a bad backline on paper is it!

Please' date=' don't tease. :o

Simpson has been fantastic for us this season. It would be a shame for him to leave and he's said how much he wants to stay.

Santon is naturally a right back and very right footed as well.

Santon------Coloccini------Taylor-------Cissokho

Not a bad backline on paper is it!

Not bad at all! Add another top class defender instead of Taylor (He's been very good of late but lets be honest. He's not top class), then we'll have an amazing looking backline.

Edit: Or not! :(

I don't know if i believe Sky Sports on this one Dai. It just seems strange that one minute all the French media are reporting he's on his way to us and then Sky Sports and apparently "St James' Park" deny this and are now cool on the lad.

Maybe the club are just trying to keep it under wraps until its done? Who knows.

Regarding QPR, its probably the worst time to play them but at the same time, better than in a few weeks when they've spent that £30m war chest and Joey Barton is back in the side. They're without him today and i fancy us to do the business. Ben Arfa's confidence has to be sky high after scoring that wonder goal so i just hope Pardew exercises his brain and plays him to start with.

I suspect the starting XI will look something like, Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, Williamson, Santon, R.Taylor, Cabaye, Guthrie, Jonas, Ben Arfa & Best.

Ben Arfa on the bench again :mad:

My guess was right except Shola and Best up front.

Also, just to get everyone a bit wet, Sky Sports now have us in the running to sign Eden Hazard after "strong rumours" this morning. Surely not!? :eek:

Then again, Yohan was his captain at Lille last season ;)

Bad tackle by Derry on Cabaye but Ben Arfa comes on to replace him . I must say this season ' date=' I have enjoyed watching Newacastle play , [b']in a year or two hopefully we'll see them in the Champions League [/b].

You do realise that if they were to qualify for 4th place it would merely be at the expense of your own club right:confused:

You do realise that if they were to qualify for 4th place it would merely be at the expense of your own club right:confused:

Cheeky as always . I do realize that , but I know that my own club is good enough to finish in the top 3 . Especially with a few signings in Summer :D

Cheeky as always . I do realize that ' date=' but I know that my own club is good enough to finish in the top 3 . Especially with a few signings in Summer :D[/quote']

;)

Oh of course:p, I understand you meant Chelsea are more likely to finish out of the top 4 now, with Newcastle edging above them:D

Well a good win for us but we were hopeless in the extreme today. Barring Leon Best's bit of magic, it was a terrible game!

We gave the ball away constantly and just looked very slow and lazy until Derry went in on Cabaye and that seemed to light a fuse and that carried us for the rest of the game.

Santon looked very solid and looked good going forward. Guthrie was solid and got awarded the MOM award which can only do his confidence good in Tiote's absence. Best showed again he's got great skill, if he could do that on a regular basis, we've got a right player on our hands.

Chris Foy, referee that sent Kompany off. Please explain how Kompany's challenge was worse than Derrys? Cabaye just didnt look like he fancied a game in the cold today. I don't know if he was seriously injured or not but as soon as he got up, shouted at Derry and then sat back down and started shaking his head, you knew he didn't fancy it.

I hate 1-0's it's always an edgey scoreline but a win is a win and we're ahead of the scousers :D

Was not a great game but I think ray wilkins cometary made me wanna smash the TV.

Thats a general concensus on my Facebook as well haha.

A few lines that have been highlighted...

"Cabaye should get up and get on with the game" ... Yes, thats easy Ray WHEN HE NEEDS A STRETCHER!

"Newcastle just need to see the game through" ... Thanks for that insight Ray!

"In the Premier League, you need to score goals" ... Wow, i've never thought of it like that!

:P