Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Such a boring game but doesn't matter when you get the win, certainly a tough one to swallow for QPR fans going home as we were there for the taking today.

Also really glad we're back above Liverpool so they have to start showing a top 7 again ! :D

I don't think we was great by any stretch today to be honest,first game I've gone to since the Arsenal game and although I can't see anyone played that bad except Shola I don't think anyone was that great except Guthrie and Hatem when he come on,Ben Arfa was just a different class to everyone on the pitch to be honest,he just seems to glide players with ease and played a couple of through balls or switch balls that were fantastic.

His got the bit of flair we were sadly lacking throughout the rest of the game,I was also seriously impressed by his tracking back and he really put in a shift today but yet still had the quality in his play going forward,also Leon's goal was fantastic and that peice of individual brilliance that won the game.

Also was the tackle on Cabaye as bad as it looked? when watching the game it looked like a shocker to be honest.

Also was the tackle on Cabaye as bad as it looked? when watching the game it looked like a shocker to be honest.

Yeah, it was a shocker tbh, right on the inside of his ankle. If Cabayes leg had of been planted, it would have been an Eduardo.

The only reason Derry was still on the pitch was because it wasn't 2 footed which shows how flawed the laws of the game are at the minute.

Mark first game in charge and QPR already playing the way he likes football played. Dirty

Ray did nothing but slag off Ben Arfa the whole game. The players around him give the ball away more than he did but he was all over his case

Delighted with the win yesterday. QPR were up for it straight away. I expected no less! Bothroyd was very positive on twitter.

We weathered an early storm. They had 5 attempts on goal in the first 8 minutes or so. Thankfully we stood firm.

Now, Derry's tackle. :mad: It was more of a red card than Kompany's against United. Where is the consistency? Shocking! Cabaye wasn't actually hurt IMO. He just didn't want to be involved in a game where players weren't being protected. Disappointing if that was the case. Both in the way that Cabaye 'ran away' and that not enough action was taken.

I don't even know what shape the team took from Cabaye going off. Ben Arfa on, two strikers still on. Jonas and Taylor were alternating between CM and LM while Ben Arfa stuck to the right. He played well mind. He looks sharp again and willing to take players on. He did run down a few dead ends but always kept the ball. Guthrie was good also. Gave the ball away a few times but he had to be a bit rusty.

Leon Best took his goal very well. I have been getting stick from my mates as I said he was useless. :o One goal doesn't change my opinion of him that much but if he can get us a goal like that every game then I will gladly eat my words, again.

Did anyone else see Macheda's stamp-like tackle too?!:mad: Also more of a red than Kompany's last week. Well done Foy. Just cement the fact that you only give reds against teams playing Utd. :rolleyes:

Anyway. 3 points. Move above Liverpool, take that Andy Carroll! :D

You've apparently signed (or are very close to signing) Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for £10M. Not too much for a striker who has scored half of Freiburg's goals since moving there and should form a decent partnership with Ba. Cracking bit of business on paper IMO.

You've apparently signed (or are very close to signing) Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for £10M. Not too much for a striker who has scored half of Freiburg's goals since moving there and should form a decent partnership with Ba. Cracking bit of business on paper IMO.

Perhaps it's just me but am I the only one gutted by this news?,the fee seems to be way too coincedintal to me if I'm honest and given we could have signed him for a similar fee last summer why didn't we then and why are we spending it now?.

If he comes in and joins Demba Ba and we get a centre half then that's fantastic,but seriously I see him been a replacement for him and Demba's going elsewhere or someone else is,we've been haggling over fees for ages so for us to just go out and splash £10 Million on a player doesn't seem like the type of move Ashley does.

I'm going to be nervous for the other 14 days of the window now after seeing this :o.

Perhaps it's just me but am I the only one gutted by this news?' date='the fee seems to be way too coincedintal to me if I'm honest and given we could have signed him for a similar fee last summer why didn't we then and why are we spending it now?.

If he comes in and joins Demba Ba and we get a centre half then that's fantastic,but seriously I see him been a replacement for him and Demba's going elsewhere or someone else is,we've been haggling over fees for ages so for us to just go out and splash £10 Million on a player doesn't seem like the type of move Ashley does.

I'm going to be nervous for the other 14 days of the window now after seeing this :o.[/quote']

Well, if it is a replacement, a) at least you've got a replacement unlike Carroll last season and B) it's a very good replacement who's the same age as Ba without the knee problem.

Well' date=' if it is a replacement, a) at least you've got a replacement unlike Carroll last season and B) it's a very good replacement who's the same age as Ba without the knee problem.[/quote']

I suppose so,heard that Benaloune from Cesena is set to join on loan with a view to a permanent deal,as stupid as it sounds I'd be happier with that deal as we've got no cover if Colo or Williamson was to get injured.

If true then bugger me we've actually got a chance of finishing in the top six and winning the FA Cup :).

Skysports reporting the fee is 7million? (same money we where going to pay for magia?). Also where we not quoted around 14million for him in the summer?

Some say £7.5 Million and some say £10 Million but it's somewhere in that general area,have to consider there position in the table though and they could use that to improve elsewhere and try and stay up that way,they also know if they kept him and went down they wouldn't get the fee there probably getting now.

I heard it's around 7/8 Million :) Not a bad sum for such a great player . If Demba Ba stays , it will be some partnership , two beasts up front . If Newcastle would add two more players , that would be fantastic . I personally think they need a center back and a center mid :)

I wanted a striker that could come and make an impact while Demba was away. A long shot, I know but it didn't stop me from wanting it.

What do we do? Sign a striker thats away with Demba. Typical. LOL

It may well be a replacement for Ba but we have to hope it isn't. I'm hoping Ba gets offered a deal without a stupid clause. He wants to play for PSG at some point which is all well and good but PSG have the money to aim higher than Demba Ba so we need to give him an offer to keep him with us when the PSG deal he wants doesn't come. (IF)

Happy we are getting a proven goal-scorer in Cisse though.

I heard it's around 7/8 Million :) Not a bad sum for such a great player . If Demba Ba stays ' date=' it will be some partnership , two beasts up front . If Newcastle would add two more players , that would be fantastic . I personally think they need a center back and a center mid :)[/quote']

Cm is good mate. defender needed though.

Cabaye,Guthrie,Ben Arfa, Abeid,Gosling,Tiote, Vukic. We been unlucky with injuries ;/

I've followed Cisse for a while to be honest, mainly because of FM11 and FM12 where he's an absolute beast.

You have all the talk about him being Demba's replacement but i see it as the complete opposite. Apparently they've been mates for a while dating back to Demba's time in Germany and they're best mates on the International scene so i see this is a concerted effort to get Demba to stay.

Now if any deal for Cissokho gets concluded, things are looking very rosey indeed!

A central midfielder wouldn't go amiss though!

I'm really liking how you guys are shaping up Cisse quality him and Ba up front is going to be one of the best strike forces in the division, I don't think Ba will leave considering the progress your making and im sure he'll be concentrating on ACON.

Still believe you need another centre half think your be linked with Samba and Alex would like to see Mbwia (if that's how you spell it) join!

Cissikho would be another good signing IMO I certainly think you could finish top 6!

0,,10278~10395357,00.gif

Good signing gentlemen. Think you may just deserve to finish above Liverpool come May, simply for being such smarty pants in the market.

5 year deal, cost £10mill, not sure about wages, can't imagine they're more than 40k.

Still got £25M from the Carroll deal to spend too..... :rolleyes:

His goal scoring record in Germany is great' date=' and i think he's got the ability to do exactly what Ba has done and also think it will only help Ba settle down at Newcastle as well.

But now he's at the cup of nations as well :P Step up Best and Ameobi :P[/quote']

After coming down from my initial reaction of shock and thinking it meant Ba was definitely leaving I'm absouletely delighted,even if Demba was to leave we've got a fantastic replacement in unlike when Carroll left 12 months ago,it may have taken us a year,but I think we've got a deadly strike force upfront if it comes off,they'll have probably played together with one another when playing for Senegal and I hope they get knocked out the ACON really quickly so they can come back to Newcastle ASAP.

Oh and I saw another couple of things on other forums and twitters that shows our transfer policy and how well we've done recently,first off it's the way we go about deals that's worked so well for us,like last January when we announced we wouldn't sell Carroll for any money and got £35 Million from Liverpool,or when Pardew announced after the breakdown of the Maiga deal that we wouldn't sign another striker in this window which we meant we basically signed Cisse by the time media outlets got hold of it,if we can now just add some defensive depth and keep everyone else I'd be absouletely delighted with the business we've done.

Him and Ba should be an absouletely lethal partnership,oh and just a parting shot to Liverpool fans, Ba, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Tiote, Krul, Santon and Taylor = £34.5m. £500.000 less than Liverpool paid Newcastle for Andy Carroll.

:D,just to clarify I have nothing against Liverpool,I just find the fact were above them in the table given how much money they've spent compared to us to be very amusing indeed :).

And Aidan hopefully we'll never have to watch Ameobi and Best again after mid feburary :).

Him and Ba should be an absouletely lethal partnership' date='oh and just a parting shot to Liverpool fans, Ba, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Tiote, Krul, Santon and Taylor = £34.5m. £500.000 less than Liverpool paid Newcastle for Andy Carroll.

[/quote']

Muaahhhahah .. Ohh the joy .. I probably said this before somewhere but , I used to hate Newcastle , simply because of Carroll , Nolan and Barton . Now that they got rid of them and brought in some fantastic players , without spending too much I must say I love them . Ba and Cisse up front its gonna be mortal . Seen him play 2 or 3 times , but I don't too much about him, all I know is that he's a goal machine .

I don't think Ba will be leaving. been following him on twitter and he says he very happy at Newcastle.

Papis did say He wanted to join us in the summer but his club pulled the plug at the last min. They wanted around 14million-17million I remember reading before the season started.

I seen Pardew making a joke about that the line after they signed him lol

He really seems down to earth like Ba.

Gah am so pumped