Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Maybe I have too much faith in footballers' date='but I think he might have taken reduced wages to cone to us instead of joining QPR instead,perhaps I'm wrong in that and he'd have moved anyway but who knows.

I'd like to think were going for Douglas who were apparentely interested in and has 6 months left on his contract and using Mariappa as a backup option and a smokescreen,I'd happily have Mariappa in instead of noone,but we generally tend to bid to other players to stop other clubs from demanding so much and hoping that it gets them to reduce our price as it makes it look like were looking at alternatives.

I just think we don't need Zaha regardless of the price he might be available for in this window,we've got Jonas,Marveaux who I think is supposed to come back shortly and we could always switch Ben Arfa if need be.

Were one injury away from struggling defensively all season long,so although I think there could be alternatives better than Mariappa I'd much rather have him than noone at all.[/quote']

What you got to understand is Newcastle will always sign players now weather we need them or not. As any over the top offer on any player and he will be sold. It's is the only way to run a football club now unless your owned by a billionaire playboy.

Just because we cant sign our main targets should that mean we stop improving our squad or spend over the top fee's or wages or players just for the sake of getting them in?

It keeps the team fresh and competitive and the books healthy.

I did hear or read a few weeks back that Douglas was our main target but we are prepared to wait till the summer if a move can't be done this window.

Now that does not mean we wont get a cb in be it on the cheap young player or on loan.

As for Zaha if we do sign him it would mean the end of Best or Lovenkrands.

Shola will always be on our cards low wage happy to sit on the bench happy to play second fiddle

Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse are flying back on Tuesday, might be involved in Wednesdays game with Blackburn. Probably on the bench, but at least they're back!

Poor performance against Brighton on Saturday. this 451/433 tnhat Pardew likes with Best on the left is annoying. Its just to get Ben Arfa in the game from the right. He proved against QPR that he can play on the right in a normal 442 formation so why not use it? OR stick him up front on the last man, he can get in behind, no problem with his pace.

Just need Tiote back and I think we can have a good go staying within the top 7 this season.

about to buy some Newcastle vs wolves tickets does but confused again lol

does it matter where I buy the tickets ? there seems to be some sections like

Bar 1892, Platinum club, cat 1/2 etc.

Also is Holiday Inn NEWCASTLE - JESMOND in a good location. going to stay two nights

Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse are flying back on Tuesday' date=' might be involved in Wednesdays game with Blackburn. Probably on the bench, but at least they're back!

Poor performance against Brighton on Saturday. this 451/433 tnhat Pardew likes with Best on the left is annoying. Its just to get Ben Arfa in the game from the right. He proved against QPR that he can play on the right in a normal 442 formation so why not use it? OR stick him up front on the last man, he can get in behind, no problem with his pace.

Just need Tiote back and I think we can have [b']a good go staying within the top 7 this season[/b].

If we ever get the full team back together then top 6 minimum is where we have to target imo, Liverpool so far haven't shown any sort of form to warrent being above us (particularly at home) and Arsenal would fold like a cheap suit if RVP ever got a serious injury.

Big two games coming up though, but two that can and should yield maximum points. ;)

about to buy some Newcastle vs wolves tickets does but confused again lol

does it matter where I buy the tickets ? there seems to be some sections like

Bar 1892' date=' Platinum club, cat 1/2 etc.

Also is Holiday Inn NEWCASTLE - JESMOND in a good location. going to stay two nights[/quote']

I'm actually going to that game, my mates girlfriend bought him tickets to the match and they're coming up from Chester for it.

You can buy tickets wherever but the Bar 1982 and Platinum Club etc are nice areas, padded seats etc. The best atmosphere is in the Gallowgate End but you'd be hard pushed to get any in there.

Yeah Jesmond is a good location. It's the student central area just outside of the city centre and has loads of nice little bars for you to have a couple in that get lively on weekends. Sunday afternoon is a great drinking time there as well especially if the suns out!

Oh and on the transfer front.

For the last few days theres growing speculation over Yanga-Mbiwa after he was left out of Montpellier's squad on Saturday. Rumoured to be having a medical tomorrow but who knows.

Apparently had another bid for Mariappa turned down as well.

Also, Pardew has confirmed Demba and Cisse will be playing against Blackburn :D. Cabaye may be out though after being charged with violent conduct.

Oh and on the transfer front.

For the last few days theres growing speculation over Yanga-Mbiwa after he was left out of Montpellier's squad on Saturday. Rumoured to be having a medical tomorrow but who knows.

Apparently had another bid for Mariappa turned down as well.

Also' date=' Pardew has confirmed Demba and Cisse will be playing against Blackburn :D. Cabaye may be out though after being charged with violent conduct.[/quote']

That's weird I signed him on FIFA 12 for Newcastle just recently.

Would a good signing, and if you sign Cissokho you should have top six nailed at least, you're like becoming a team you once were again. ;)

That's weird I signed him on FIFA 12 for Newcastle just recently.

Would a good signing' date=' and if you sign Cissokho you should have top six nailed at least, you're like becoming a team you once were again. ;)[/quote']

Yeah, it's exciting times for once! Despite losing to Brighton lol :rolleyes:

I would settle for one of them before tomorrows window. I just wonder if we'll get either. The rumours surrounding Yanga-Mbiwa have been consistent since he was left out of the squad on Saturday but whether people are putting two and two together or if theres some actual truth in it i dont know.

The Cissokho talk has gone quiet in the last week or so but we are rumoured to still be in talks with Lyon over him so fingers crossed.

I'm actually going to that game' date=' my mates girlfriend bought him tickets to the match and they're coming up from Chester for it.

You can buy tickets wherever but the Bar 1982 and Platinum Club etc are nice areas, padded seats etc. The best atmosphere is in the Gallowgate End but you'd be hard pushed to get any in there.

Yeah Jesmond is a good location. It's the student central area just outside of the city centre and has loads of nice little bars for you to have a couple in that get lively on weekends. Sunday afternoon is a great drinking time there as well especially if the suns out![/quote']

Tickets bought.

gah am pumped now my first Newcastle game :D

Well a bit of a disappointing last day but cannot complain considering we spent the most on a single player this window.

Mariappa wanted to come and turned down the chance to talk to Wigan this afternoon in the hopes of getting a move up here but the two clubs couldn't come to terms on a figure so that didn't go through.

Celtic made a late move for Leon Best on loan which was rebuffed.

James Tavernier has joined Smudger at MK Dons on loan.

Thats it as far as we go for this window. All in all a pretty good month really. We brought in a proven goalscorer for the biggest fee of the month showing some ambition and in the process kept Demba happy enough to stay and didn't lose Tiote.

Deadline day last year was dreadful for us, at the time. This year, it was dreadful overall. Loads of fuss about nothing.

I'm glad Mariappa didn't come in but also a little disappointed that we didn't sign anyone. Saying that, Pardew has said that we will be signing a defender in the summer. Good news.

Deadline day last year was dreadful for us' date=' at the time. This year, it was dreadful overall. Loads of fuss about nothing.

I'm glad Mariappa didn't come in but also a little disappointed that we didn't sign anyone. Saying that, [b']Pardew has said that we will be signing a defender in the summer. Good news.[/b]

I think thats why he didn't want to go over £2m for Mariappa.

I gather Cissokho and Yangba-Mbiwa are very much part of the plan for the summer.

Some would say it was a good window.

Ba and Toite still here :D

Lots of people where screaming about getting a new striker to play with Ba and replace carrol for months. Club has now done that.

Guess where stuck with Williamson/Sideshow/Perch as CB for the rest of the season. :mad:

Looks like Jan Vertonghen and Douglas are main targets

Some would say it was a good window.

Ba and Toite still here :D

Lots of people where screaming about getting a new striker to play with Ba and replace carrol for months. Club has now done that.

Guess where stuck with Williamson/Sideshow/Perch as CB for the rest of the season. :mad:

Looks like Jan Vertonghen and Douglas are main targets

Coloccini? Captain Colo!? He's immense! :eek:

But yeah, we've had a good window in general, just a bad last day haha it's always nice to sign someone late on in the day to make it a bit exciting.

I cannot see us getting Vertonghen considering United, Arsenal and Liverpool are on his trail. Douglas? Yes quite possibly.

I do think January is a good time to snap players up though. In the summer its open hunting season and every club is after the same player you're after whereas in January not everyone can afford to splash out. That said, we ourselves just splashed £10m on Cisse.

Speaking of Cisse. Him and Demba play tonight :D

But yeah' date=' we've had a good window in general, just a bad last day haha it's always nice to sign someone late on in the day to make it a bit exciting.

I cannot see us getting Vertonghen considering United, Arsenal and Liverpool are on his trail. Douglas? Yes quite possibly.

I do think January is a good time to snap players up though. In the summer its open hunting season and every club is after the same player you're after whereas in January not everyone can afford to splash out. That said, we ourselves just splashed £10m on Cisse.

Speaking of Cisse. Him and Demba play tonight :D[/quote']

I just call him that because he looks like sideshow bob :)

But yeah' date=' we've had a good window in general, just a bad last day haha it's always nice to sign someone late on in the day to make it a bit exciting.

Speaking of Cisse. Him and Demba play tonight :D[/quote']

Vertongthen is still a possibility. All those teams you listed as on the trail were on the trail of Cabaye and look where he ended up.

I didn't think Ba and Cisse would be playing tonight. How do you know they are. I was hoping they would feature from the bench at some point but heard they wouldn't be involved. Need to find out ASAP as my bets for tonight would include a Newcastle win if they were playing.

Vertongthen is still a possibility. All those teams you listed as on the trail were on the trail of Cabaye and look where he ended up.

I didn't think Ba and Cisse would be playing tonight. How do you know they are. I was hoping they would feature from the bench at some point but heard they wouldn't be involved. Need to find out ASAP as my bets for tonight would include a Newcastle win if they were playing.

They're not involved at all tonight.

Pardew said they would be on Friday or Saturday but they're both confirmed as not involved now and Cabaye's ban has been upheld.

This game on a very cold winters night in Blackburn suddenly just got a lot less appealing. I really hope Hatem is on one tonight or i dont fancy this anymore.

Next match is home against Villa, with Ba and Cissé in the lineup, while Chelsea hosts United. Arsenal drawing tonight means that if Chelsea loses and Newcastle wins, the teams are in even points on shared 4th place regardless of what happens in the other matches. Newastle is getting close to CL football.