Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know your opinion on how Steven Taylor was doing? And opinions on his ratings?

Thank you

Edit: Just saw his injury, any idea when he's back and whether he's still worth the investment?

Hi guys' date='

Just wanted to know your opinion on how Steven Taylor was doing? And opinions on his ratings?

Thank you

Edit: Just saw his injury, any idea when he's back and whether he's still worth the investment?[/quote']

He was the rock of our defence until he got injured. Our defensive record since he got injured speaks volumes to how important he was for us.

He can rise to 88 if he comes from injury and continues to do well. Maybe an 89 further on from that if we can push on and challenge for top 5 or 6 regularly but i don't think he'll reach 90 at any point.

He was the rock of our defence until he got injured. Our defensive record since he got injured speaks volumes to how important he was for us.

He can rise to 88 if he comes from injury and continues to do well. Maybe an 89 further on from that if we can push on and challenge for top 5 or 6 regularly but i don't think he'll reach 90 at any point.

Brilliant thanks for that mate :)

He was very close to getting into the England squad.

Krul is the major signing for me. Coloccini is very important too but the vultures would have been circling and Krul only had two years left on his deal. I have seen many stories linking Krul with Spurs but now NUFC hold all the cards and can ask for whatever they want (hopefully pricing Spurs out of a move). Goalkeepers are also harder to replace. Harper is now 37 and I'm not sure about Elliott. Has anyone even seen him play?

Its derby day. :D

I'm worried though. Unless we get a performance like the one against Man Utd then I think we will lose it. I hope we have too much class for them but you can't predict anything about derby's. Form is out the window.

Its derby day. :D

I'm worried though. Unless we get a performance like the one against Man Utd then I think we will lose it. I hope we have too much class for them but you can't predict anything about derby's. Form is out the window.

hour an half to go :D

Newcastle team:

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Colo - Santon

R. Taylor - Cabaye - Tiote - Jonas

Cisse - Ba

Happy with that.

Ben Arfa to add a bit of flair from the bench later on.

Yellow card straight away for Cattermole' date=' i'd be suprised if both sides end the game with 11 men.[/quote']

I don't think it will end 11 vs 11 either.

Cattermole should have gone already..!!!

This is our strongest team but the weakest link, Williamson has GIVEN Sunderland the lead. What a stupid stupid thing to do!

I told you I had a bad feeling. Plus, we haven't turned up yet. Overcrowded in the middle. Ba and Cisse non-existent....

Half time. We are playing the occasion rather than the opponents. We have been terrible! The last 5 minutes of the half were good, we started playing.

Hopefully Pardew's team talk doesn't fire them up for a battle but gets them to start being aggresive with the ball!

Second half should be better. We can't play any worse.

Edit: Ben Arfa on at half time... For Santon.

Why did that fall to Williamson.....? :(

We have deserved to win tbh... Based on the second half. VERY proud of the second half.

We had 19, yes 19 corners.... Set pieces need work in training me thinks.

(More than 18 corners for one team would have got 60/1 on WIlliam Hill)