Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Thoroughly deserved win and deserved after Mikel should have been sent off for his intentional elbow,still Cisse,that second goal just blew me away and the first wasn't exactly bad either!!!,really think his the best striker behind Aguero,Rooney,Van Persie,insane finishing (he could have his own goal of the season competition.).

Honestly think he might be the best forward we've ever had in the PL era except Shearer,I certainly think it's worthy of debate as to whether his better than Cole,Ferdinand etc.

Honestly think he might be the best forward we've ever had in the PL era except Shearer' date='I certainly think it's worthy of debate as to whether his better than Cole,Ferdinand etc.[/quote']

We shall see in 5 years time. If he can keep this up, and doesn't suffer from "second season syndrome" or whatever else, he could be in the top 10 strikers this league has ever seen.

Holy Jesus!!

Wow, wow, wow!!

Hahaha good god! I was a bit lost for words when he did that. WOW!

What a performance though, i thought it was going to be downhill after that disgusting elbow from Mikel. People might say it was six of one and half a dozen of another but Tiotes challenge was hard but fair, Mikel sticks his elbow at a right angle and knows exactly what he's doing. Tiote is fine apparently though now.

We stuck at it the whole game and got what we deserved.

What do you say about Papiss though!?! :eek:

Just add everything that i said about the first half performance and even more determination and courage and you've got our performance tonight. Absolutely delighted :D

How would it be a red card. A leap in the air' date=' protect your rearguard from someone who likes to go in hard, which happened just before. The elbow was out there for protection from a clash from the back. And it worked too well.[/quote']

He not only had his elbow as high as his forehead, he also went there elbow first straight to the face of an opponent he saw well coming. And that is not protecting his rearguard, in fact Tioté only was behind him because he turned around, they were very much face-to-face, moving towards each other right before the moment of collision. It was absolutely unnecessary for him, in order to battle for the ball, and seems like deliberate (and successful) attempt to injure the opponent. And it is not hard to think it was, because Mikel has played violently before.

This was one of the most dangerous plays I have seen. I think you're confusing it with situations where, for example in corners, the players keep their elbows high to protect themselves when jumping up for the ball. They are not running at the ball and leaping to the air towards the opponent with their elbow high, rather they are jumping up with a very little pace, never causing so dangerous situations. And then, if they catch someone's head, it tends to be a yellow card. But it is a completely different situation if you get to full speed and jump elbow first against the opponent. That is worse than jumping studs up to his chest. Straight to jail in my opinion. And make notice: Tioté, like any normal person, did not have his elbows high when jumping for that ball. He didn't need to. Neither did Mikel, I mean, as long as he aimed to do something else than hit Tioté's head.

We shall see in 5 years time. If he can keep this up' date=' and doesn't suffer from "second season syndrome" or whatever else, he could be in the top 10 strikers this league has ever seen.[/quote']

In fact, if he keeps this pace up, he should be the best striker this league has ever seen. I mean, 13 goals in 12 matches. With that pace he would score more than 40 goals à season, and if he does that for a five seasons in a row in a league that is now at its highest and ranked the best of the world (and please do remember, when Shearer scored his, EPL was nowhere near the top of the world), I think that's a pretty good argument for him to be the best striker of the history of that league.

In fact' date=' if he keeps this pace up, he should be the best striker this league has ever seen. I mean, 13 goals in 12 matches. With that pace he would score more than 40 goals à season, and if he does that for a five seasons in a row in a league that is now at its highest and ranked the best of the world (and please do remember, when Shearer scored his, EPL was nowhere near the top of the world), I think that's a pretty good argument for him to be the best striker of the history of that league.[/quote']

That's a long long way to go and he'd have to keep up this kind of goalscoring on a regular basis for 4-5 years which as good as he is I can't see happening.

Anyone like my new sig btw :P?.

That's a long long way to go and he'd have to keep up this kind of goalscoring on a regular basis for 4-5 years which as good as he is I can't see happening.

Well' date=' I did not say that he[i'] will[/i] do it, just commented that if he would do so, as was suggested in the post that I quoted, then the conclusion that he would be amongst the top 10 strikers would be rather modest, because with that tally (over 200 goals in 5 seasons time) he would almost certainly be the best one.

He not only had his elbow as high as his forehead' date=' he also went there elbow first straight to the face of an opponent he saw well coming. And that is not protecting his rearguard, in fact Tioté only was behind him because he turned around, they were very much face-to-face, moving towards each other right before the moment of collision. It was absolutely unnecessary for him, in order to battle for the ball, and seems like deliberate (and successful) attempt to injure the opponent. And it is not hard to think it was, because Mikel has played violently before.

This was one of the most dangerous plays I have seen. I think you're confusing it with situations where, for example in corners, the players keep their elbows high to protect themselves when jumping up for the ball. They are not running at the ball and leaping to the air towards the opponent with their elbow high, rather they are jumping up with a very little pace, never causing so dangerous situations. And then, if they catch someone's head, it tends to be a yellow card. But it is a completely different situation if you get to full speed and jump elbow first against the opponent. That is worse than jumping studs up to his chest. Straight to jail in my opinion. And make notice: Tioté, like any normal person, did not have his elbows high when jumping for that ball. He didn't need to. Neither did Mikel, I mean, as long as he aimed to do something else than hit Tioté's head.[/quote']

I will have to look at it again. I did see it played back a few times and I did not see a malicious elbow put in on someone that would be deserved of a red card. I did see a leap up by Mikel to the ball and him bringing his arm up, all the while looking at the ball. So in a sense he preempted Tiote coming in to get him and his elbow stuck out and caught Tiote hard. I don't think it was anything more than an unfortunate clash over a devious blow to an opponent.

Well' date=' I did not say that he[i'] will[/i] do it, just commented that if he would do so, as was suggested in the post that I quoted, then the conclusion that he would be amongst the top 10 strikers would be rather modest, because with that tally (over 200 goals in 5 seasons time) he would almost certainly be the best one.

I completely agree,if he was to keep up this scoring rate over a few seasons he'd be the best striker in EPL history,just said I couldn't see it happening myself and I don't think you can either,still think he'll be one of the best finishers in EPL history though,his scored at least 5 wondergoals already this season.

It's not so much that a player scores an amount of goals which mostly come inside the box. It is the manner of how he scores them, and he does make them look effortless. I expect him to play to the same standards next season, and even if he doesn't score in every game, he will surely be the one who scores the important goals when it's needed. He scores fantastic goals, and a lot of them are in crunch games. I expect him to hit many more next season.

I completely agree' date='if he was to keep up this scoring rate over a few seasons he'd be the best striker in EPL history,just said I couldn't see it happening myself and I don't think you can either,still think he'll be one of the best finishers in EPL history though,his scored at least 5 wondergoals already this season.[/quote']

True, this pace is inhuman. But so are his goals, frankly. As Dermo says, it is one thing to tap in from 6 meters, another to score goals that weren't really coming with some absolutely fantastic shots. I hope he keeps his pace up against City.

Cisse is unbelievable. Newcastle is defeating big time opponents (and losing to Wigan..:confused:). One thing that made me happy is Ba's performance too. Cisse's goals were spectacular but Ba was also very lively even though he didn't net one. If he returns to form and Cisse remains this effective, Newcastle will be scary good

I completely agree' date='if he was to keep up this scoring rate over a few seasons he'd be the best striker in EPL history,just said I couldn't see it happening myself and I don't think you can either,still think he'll be one of the best finishers in EPL history though,his scored at least 5 wondergoals already this season.[/quote']

For me he's like Andy Cole and Obafemi Martin's love child!

He has Andy's prolific scoring rate for us combined with Oba's stupid ability to hit a ball from anywhere.

I've just been watching the second goal all night since the game finished haha. It shows how good that one was the fact his first hasn't even been mentioned!

561390_360747163974675_190050664377660_953743_772819232_n.jpg

Please please please will you lot take something out of the City game :o

Watching it over and over on the skysports again. Utterly ridiculous to even try to shoot from there never mind trying to curve one in with the outside of his foot.

Even Cech had to laugh at amazement

Rednapp "that shot is almost illegal" lol

A goal or two and he's on for breaking Shearer most goals in a calender year.

Very pleased with the performance but we all knew it was coming we been doing it since last season after a very poor result we always bounce back and get a stunning one

I'm still watching the goal over and over again.

Ashley Cole's reaction on the bench is priceless, doing all sorts of hand gestures to show how much the ball swerved.

So far it's leading Sky Sports Goal of the Season poll with 53%, the closest is Crouch's with 18% :D

How was that not a straight red card? Even Meireles seems to point it to the ref asking for a red card to his reckless team mate.

Hope Tioté didn't got hurt seriously' date=' because that can really be bad. Concussion, no doubt, but let's hope it is not a serious one.[/quote']

Completely agree! I ranted on facebook about it and nobody seemed to agree. Then I posted on here saying I thought it was a red. Nobody agreed, until you posted.

Tiote was up dancing around when Cisse scored, singing and hugging everyone apparently. Might be because of the blow to the head. :P But, no. In seriousness, everyone on the radio on my way to work last night was saying he was fine, just had a few stitches. I was really worried when it took 9 minutes to get him off the pitch and the momentum he had going into Mikel's elbow was firghtening! Even worse as he didn't see it coming as his eyes were firmly on the ball.

Not sure what the rules are for a concussion and how soon you can play after it but i'd be very shocked if he didn't start on Sunday. He was very much an Essien-like enforcer last night. Brilliant performance considering he got a silly yellow card very early on. He's not the type of player to change the way he plays though. A bit risky, but I love it.

How would it be a red card. A leap in the air' date=' protect your rearguard from someone who likes to go in hard, which happened just before. The elbow was out there for protection from a clash from the back. And it worked too well.[/quote']

Completely disagree! I know you said you'd go back and have another look at it in a post made after this one but I didn't see you say that you had.

Usually, the reason you have your elbows raised in an aerial challenge is for elevation. Mikel didn't use his arms to elevate. He had momentum due to a small run-up towards the ball. His elbow was extended way too far away from himself to justify anyone claiming it was a 'rearguard'. Granted, he had just taken a knock himself, but to go in the way he did, elbow leading was disgusting! A red card everytime for me!

In fact' date=' if he keeps this pace up, he should be the best striker this league has ever seen. I mean, 13 goals in 12 matches. With that pace he would score more than 40 goals à season, and if he does that for a five seasons in a row in a league that is now at its highest and ranked the best of the world (and please do remember, when Shearer scored his, EPL was nowhere near the top of the world), I think that's a pretty good argument for him to be the best striker of the history of that league.[/quote']

I listened to 5Live on the way to work last night, literally just as the game ended and their broadcast team were throwing out stats all over the place. Cisse has actually equaled a top division record for the most goals (13) in his first certain number of appearances (12)in the League. Shares it with Micky Quinn and Kevin Phillips (Boooooooo!! :P).

My facebook was bombarded with video's of that second goal, and of people just calling Cisse super-human. I fully agree. What he's doing is spectacular. I put it down to one thing! NO FEAR! He has come to England, with little or no knowledge of his opponents, I mean, the people going to mark him every game. Now, where as a seasoned pro in the PL would look at facing the likes of Terry and Ivanovic and inside be slightly worried that they're very good defenders, Cisse knows very little of them and instead of thinking he's going to have to pull out something special, he just goes about his business as normal. I'm not just talking about playing against Chelsea, but against everyone he has come up against.

Just delighted at the result. But saying that. I thought we didn't have a hope, so I'd written off getting anything against City on the weekend and while I hate losing, losing to City would have been easier to take as we'd help stop United winning the league. Now, we've beaten Chelsea and left the chance of CL football open again. Fair enough, we have a harder two games than both Arsenal and Spurs. I was buzzing all night last night in work and decided that getting into the CL was more important that helping stop United win the league. (Its very hard for me as I hate United almost as much as I love Newcastle. :o) I wouldn't be a very good Newcastle fanatic if I wanted anything else but Newcastle success! And, I don't! :)

Perfect scenario on Sunday; Newcastle win, Swansea win (Yes, a Cardiff follower willing Swansea to win!), Arsenal and Spurs draw. Carlsberg don't do weekends, but if they did, thats what I want! :D

Another thing, that loss to Wigan is even more sickening now. We'd be in third if we hadn't self- destructed! :mad: Grrrr! Darn you if's and but's! Delighted at the way we bounced back though! ;)