Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Come again.

'England' finished 13th in the fair play league' date=' had they finished top three then we'd have qualified for the Europa League.[/color']

Top of the fair play award league by 3 with one match left and the three below you guaranteed European already. Think that assures you it ;)

Esit: Ah saw the white. That is news to me. Very very surprising that. Would like to see that table, surely Spanish or Italian leagues aren't in that?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Top of the fair play award league by 3 with one match left and the three below you guaranteed European already. Think that assures you it ;)

Esit: Ah saw the white. That is news to me. Very very surprising that. Would like to see that table' date=' surely Spanish or Italian leagues aren't in that?[/quote']

http://bin617-01.website-voetbal.nl/sites/voetbal.nl/files/UEFA_Respect_Final_Rankings.pdf

Norway, Finland and Holland get a place.

It takes in to accouint an awful lot more than just yellow and red cards, such as the performance of each clubs match delegate and the fans behaviour towards referees. The major five leagues:

France - 6/53

Spain - 9/53

Germany - 10/53

England - 13/53

Italy - 23/53

Although this is of topic, i'd rather us not play the extra games in the Europa League, we haven't got the squad for it and i think it would have drastically increased our chances of relegation. Survival is the important thing.

Well we're guaranteed 5th spot after Liverpool battered Chelski :D

Does that mean we don't have to go through a playoff round now?,I'm sure as Liverpool were Carling cup winners they had to go through a playoff round,IE last year Tottenham and Stoke went straight into the group stage (League Finish,FA Cup.),as were the league finish I think we'll just go straight into a group now,I know we'll probably only play some random Latvian side anyway but it's nice to avoid a potential complication.

Also ahead of Sunday I want to know one thing,if we go to the Champions League qualifiers and get knocked out do we still go into the Europa?,would seem a bit harsh to get that far and then have no fall back option.

Does that mean we don't have to go through a playoff round now?' date='I'm sure as Liverpool were Carling cup winners they had to go through a playoff round,IE last year Tottenham and Stoke went straight into the group stage (League Finish,FA Cup.),as were the league finish I think we'll just go straight into a group now,I know we'll probably only play some random Latvian side anyway but it's nice to avoid a potential complication.

Also ahead of Sunday I want to know one thing,if we go to the Champions League qualifiers and get knocked out do we still go into the Europa?,would seem a bit harsh to get that far and then have no fall back option.[/quote']

I looked through last years competition the other day to check and i'm under the impression we have to play just the 'play-off' round before the group stage rather than about three different qualifying rounds.

About the CL qualification, i'm not 100% sure to be honest.

Were Udinese in the Europa league this year? That's your answer as they are the only team that I can remember being knocked out in qualifying.

On the subject of fair play, I have to say it is ridiculous to allow lesser leagues more spots. I know it's for the fairness etc, but surely it just devalues the whole competition. Thus, giving evidence to Infernito's (and many others) feelings about the competition?

Edit: I find it hard to see how Spain are higher in a fair play league than England. I know there have been questions of late about diving and crowds etc, but seeing a fair few Spanish matches it just astounds me. The way many teams run to the referee, hack at the top players, managers outburst etc. But I digress, this isn't on topic, just a rant :P

Ok guys 1 game left and we are still fighting for Champions league who would of guessed :)

Am expecting a major clearout of our squad instead of much changes to our first team

I'd like to think so. Also this morning, apparently Cisse is ready to take legal action against the French newspaper claiming he wanted to join Real Madrid haha.

If you lose in the CL qualifiers I'm pretty sure you don't go into the Europa League.

I'm quietly confident WBA can beat Arsenal on Sunday, but not as confident as I am about Fulham getting a point at Spurs. The only thing we need to do is beat Everton. Forget any other score on the day.

I'd love to see us get an early goal and put pressure on Spurs and Arsenal. They might just go out and try that little bit too hard in their games and blow their own chances. :D

One can dream......

If you lose in the CL qualifiers I'm pretty sure you don't go into the Europa League.

If you lose in the CL play-off round (the final round before the group stages), then you go to the EL group stages. If you lose in the previous qualifying round, then you go to the EL play-off round (the final round before the group stages).

It happened to us last season when we lost Zagreb in the CL play-off round this season. We went straight to the EL group stages.

I'd like to think so. Also this morning' date=' apparently Cisse is ready to take legal action against the French newspaper claiming he wanted to join Real Madrid haha.[/quote']

Danny, smith and loverkinds contract all run out. Xisco, best and Simpson on last year

It would be amazing to finish in the top four and with the games remaining it's still very possible as Arsenal have forgot how to win of late as well as Spurs not being able to finish the job off at Villa. Us beating the Toffees won't be easy but with it being the final game hopefully we leave it all on the pitch. ;)

But overall though when you take a step back and realise we're guaranteed to finish above the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea with the vast amounts of money they've you really appreciate the fantastic job the players, manager and club has a whole has achieved. :)

For me personally the main reason for wanting Europe (CL or EL) is so I can simply watch/go to more games and hence enjoy supporting the club on a more regular basis. ;)

Really' date=' really cannot see you beating Everton. They're such a pain in the arse side. Goodison Park is practically a Graveyard for big teams.[/quote']

Fast glance tells me they have this season lost at home to ManU, Chelsea, Stoke, Wolves, Bolton, QPR and Arsenal. Perhaps more, but at least those. Far from infallible.

Fast glance tells me they have this season lost at home to ManU' date=' Chelsea, Stoke, Wolves, Bolton, QPR and Arsenal. Perhaps more, but at least those. Far from infallible.[/quote']

It's Everton's late form of the season. The last two teams they lost to at home were Arsenal in mid March and Bolton start of January.

Fast glance tells me they have this season lost at home to ManU' date=' Chelsea, Stoke, Wolves, Bolton, QPR and Arsenal. Perhaps more, but at least those. Far from infallible.[/quote']

Nope, Chelsea beat Everton at Stamford Bridge.

We play better against good teams as we play better against teams that don't sit back and come out and attack and we were unlucky not to take anything from the Arsenal game in my opinion as well as majority of the other home games. Oh and we also lost to Liverpool at home.

As far as I'm concerned as long as we beat Everton it doesn't bother me,The only way I'd be truly upset for us not to get into the CL is if we knew that a win would get us in the top four and didn't do it.

I'm of the personal opinion that if we do win one of Spurs/Arsenal will probably drop points,but even if we do finish 5th I'm delighted to be back in the European picture again.

We play better against good teams as we play better against teams that don't sit back and come out and attack and we were unlucky not to take anything from the Arsenal game in my opinion as well as majority of the other home games. Oh and we also lost to Liverpool at home.

Newcastle will sit back and counter.

Must have hurt to lose to Pool at home. Perhaps you should have opted to make believe my list was complete.

Newcastle will sit back and counter.

Must have hurt to lose to Pool at home. Perhaps you should have opted to make believe my list was complete.

Surely they would have to come out and attack as they have nothing to loose and they can't finish any lower and they need a win to get CL.

Not really a dodgy red card swung the game in their favour, the loss at Wembley was the worst feeling I have ever felt after a footy match, didn't say a word for the whole journey back to Liverpool :(

o just noticed Erik Pieters has not recovered in time from his injury to get into the Holland team :D

Seems he is still destined to come to Newcastle and this can only keep his value low as he does seemed to be a quality leftback.

Simpson out the door and Santon to his Natural Right back and Pieters to left.

Now Santon for me has been a mixed bag but tbh not to bad for his first season in a new league. We all know how hard it is for defenders to get used to a new league. I would like to see him play on his Natural side.

Past few games it's been off the line Santon instead of Simpson :D

o just noticed Erik Pieters has not recovered in time from his injury to get into the Holland team :D

Seems he is still destined to come to Newcastle and this can only keep his value low as he does seemed to be a quality leftback.

Simpson out the door and Santon to his Natural Right back and Pieters to left.

Now Santon for me has been a mixed bag but tbh not to bad for his first season in a new league. We all know how hard it is for defenders to get used to a new league. I would like to see him play on his Natural side.

Past few games it's been off the line Santon instead of Simpson :D

The last few games especially have exposed Simpson at full back, the Wigan game was the final straw.

He's saved us numerous points with #DannySimpsonOffTheLine but lost us a few with shoddy defending.

Santon has looked brilliant if i'm honest and looks a real threat cutting in from the left, i'd almost be tempted to leave him at left back but then after all he hasn't got a left foot so i'd expect Pieters to come in at left back like you said, Santon to right back.

There's a few players we're getting linked with though, Debuchy seems to favour us over a move to United or Arsenal so i'd be delighted if that comes off. It would cost a pretty penny more than Pieters though.

Hey, whoever we sign i trust Graham Carr :P

Really' date=' really cannot see you beating Everton. They're such a pain in the arse side. Goodison Park is practically a Graveyard for big teams.[/quote']

We've done it recently, so we will have that in the back of our minds. Another Ben Arfa wonder-strike would be nice. :D

Surely they would have to come out and attack as they have nothing to loose and they can't finish any lower and they need a win to get CL.

We don't sit back and park a bus, we sit back when needed but burst into life when the opportunity presents itself. Its the way we play and has guided us this far so I can't see Pardew throwing caution to the wind and just trying to bombard you. Of course, if its a close game and its tight then he might throw Ameobi AND Best on towards the end but if we play our game, it might just work.

You should take heart from the few tankings we've had away from home this season. :o