Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Well done Pards!!!!

Delighted for him and the award for him is fully deserved as well' date='his interest on Newcastle Radio was very interesting tonigh too,made some major announcements transfer wise,which I'll write in white letters beneath incase people just want to read it straight up,but others might prefer to listen to the Iplayer link so I won't spoil it.

He basically admitted Simpson rejected a new contract and will probably leave,Guthrie will probably leave in search of first team football as well,Ba's contract is been discussed and is currently in negotations with the player and his agent,not a money issue with him.

Were also signing a player that is a "good friend" of Cabaye's,possibly Debuchy?,also announced that our trialist Christope Lowinsky will probably be signed and we're also looking for a goal scoring centre half as well,also mentioned a set peice coach might be brought in as his been dissapointed with our goals scored from free kicks,also said that he can't stop some big clubs taking our players because of wages and potential Champions League football if we wasn't to qualify,said were in a similar position to Arsenal with regards to that.

Anyway I've just broken down the whole jist of the show there pretty much,but if you'd rather listen to the whole interview with him instead it starts at around 1:30:00 and finishes at 2:30:00 (it says 2:00:00 in the player but it goes beyond that.),really good listen and made me feel differently about next year in a postive way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00r955t/Total_Sport_Alan_Pardew_phonein/

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Pardew.. ouch

Dont know what Ashley's expecting from this appointment to be honest :confused: cant see him being the right guy to take you forward at all.

Feel sorry for Pardew. He won't be well received but it is down to Ashley not him. He probably won't even be here this time next year.

Howay the Bay.

Good appointment' date=' great manager, will do well for the club.[/quote']

At least someone called it. :o

It's not the game that's funny. It's the Newcastle boardroom that's hilarious.

I seriously think Ashley might be doing this to deliberately P the fans off and show them that he is in charge.

Pardew is bad enough' date=' but a five and a half year contract for a manager with such a poor recent record?

Mental.[/quote']

Just a few of the quotes back when Pardew was appointed. I never actually slated Pardew at the time. I was shocked too. :o

Deservedly he's been named manager of the year. Well done.

Interview was top class cant wait for new season now.

I really love how Pards handles the press and the fans. He has treaded a very fine line thats between the Fans and the board.

Seems we are still sticking by our system of every player has it's price system.

not surprised by Simpson been calling it all season.

If we get Debuchy and Pitier's. Thats gives us two very good tallish fullbacks

Love, LOVE that interview. Even if we flop next season, in Europe and the League, I have a new found respect for Alan Pardew, I love what he's done, but didn't have any faith when he took over and didn't really give him any time at all. I have always liked JC so no need to comment there.

Edit: This contains details of the young defender Pardew refers to in the interview.

At least someone called it. :o

Just a few of the quotes back when Pardew was appointed. I never actually slated Pardew at the time. I was shocked too. :o

Deservedly he's been named manager of the year. Well done.

Haha being a Cardiff fan its my job to be pessimistic about anything :P

Anyone else seen the comments made by Pardiola today? A bit confusing.

United could qualify for next season's Champions League if they beat Everton in their final Premier League game on Sunday.

But Pardew told BBC Newcastle: "It's impossible to restrict Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester City from coming in for one of our players.

"We have players who are not on the salaries these top clubs can offer."

Yohan Cabaye, signed from Lille for a fee reported to be £4.3m last summer, is just one of the players to have flourished after coming in to replace the likes of Andy Carroll, Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan, who left Newcastle in the previous year.

Striker Demba Ba has scored 17 goals in 39 appearances this season after arriving on a free transfer from West Ham.

The 26-year-old Senegal international was linked with a move away Tyneside in January with reports that a buy-out clause in his contract would force Newcastle to accept an offer as low as £5m.

"Demba's release clause has been widely publicised, there is some truth to it, and some untruth," said Pardew. "There is a clause there.

"There is a situation with his contract and we are in talks with him and his agent.

"It is not a foregone conclusion that he will stay, but the Newcastle public have played their part singing his name. He must love that."

Pardew insisted that Newcastle's predicament was the same as that faced by Arsenal, who were unable to keep Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas from signing for Manchester City and Barcelona respectively last summer.

"Forget about Everton and Aston Villa, we have put ourselves in a similar position to Arsenal," he added.

"The one security I have is that [owner]Mike Ashley is a difficult seller. He is not going to let someone go for £7m, he is going to want top, top money.

"But if Yohan Cabaye gets a call from Manchester United and they tell him he is going to be the next Paul Scholes I am not going to be able to stop him.

"It is going to cost Manchester United a shedload of money, but until we have Champions League football, and we might have that by this weekend, we can not compete with that."

As well as bracing himself for possible bids for his stars, Pardew, who was named Premier League manager of the season on Friday, revealed he is also making plans to add to his squad.

"I am contemplating bringing in someone because we don't have a dominant header of the ball. On the scouting front we are looking at a centre-half who can come and score us eight goals next season," he added.

"If we didn't have Demba Ba we wouldn't have Papiss Cisse and we are trying to bring another player to the club who is close to Yohan Cabaye. That is another little connection and a bit of a clue for you."

I cannot tell if he's just being very realistic or if those comments sound like a "come and get them for the right price" type comments.

The latter comments are intriguing, apparently we're looking at a centre half who can score 8 goals a season and someone else who is close to Cabaye. I'd suspect the second is Debuchy :D but i'm curious as to who the centre half is.

Never been so nervous and excited at the same time in my life,it's the not knowing what will happpen that's so exciting from my point of view,I genuinely think we will got top four if we win (Arsenal and Spurs have dropped points in easier fixtures.),probably got one of the toughest fixtures we could have but boy it's good to be in this position again,just wish the game would hurry up and start,this wait is bloody killing me :o.

Well lucky you lot, i'm traveling down to Chester today to the girlfriends house and then i'm away to the States for four months on Tuesday so i'll be missing the game today and away from here for a fair while!

Hope i return to all our star players still at the club and a few great additions ;)

Howay the ladsssss! Big day today! Got faith in either Arsenal or Spurs not winning.

That was horrible to watch! The worst 45 minutes of football from a Newcastle team ALL SEASON! Even worse than the first half drubbing at Spurs and Wigan.

Same as away to Wigan, we've bottled it. Yes Wigan were on fire and up for it, but so were we and we should of been more up for it!

Same here today. Yes, Everton have conceded just one goal in their previous five home games and are playing well. Again, so are we!

We lack effort and ideas. Ba and Cisse too close together all the time, getting in each others way. Every ball forward has been in the air way over both strikers heads.

Now, against Wigan we came out in the second half a different team. I want the same today.

Its not a case of not putting pressure on for a Champions League place for me, its about filtering out without having a real go.

Shame. Heitinga shouldn't be on the pitch. Ahh well.

Much better second half but that doesn't make up for bottling another away day.

Not the greatest performance,but really as Spurs and Arsenal won I couldn't care less now :P,first time in my life but I stopped watching our game and switched to Man City instead.

Well done to all of the team on a fantastic season and qualification for the Europa League,I'd love to have got in the Champions League but perhaps it was a step too far for us at this moment in time,we've already been active in the transfer market with Simpson,Guthrie,Best,Lovenkrands and Smith set to depart,and apparentely we've signed Amalfitiano and are in the proccess of bringing in Debuchy as well.

Thought I would post here as hardly anyone posts on the Everton thread, what actually happened with Cahill? Didn't see what happened as I was looking at the big screen at the scores but heard he butted someone? Oh and fair play to the Newcastle fans a lot of them stayed at the end of the games and clapped our players as they did a lap of honour.

Thought I would post here as hardly anyone posts on the Everton thread' date=' what actually happened with Cahill? Didn't see what happened as I was looking at the big screen at the scores but heard he butted someone? Oh and fair play to the Newcastle fans a lot of them stayed at the end of the games and clapped our players as they did a lap of honour.[/quote']

Just seen it then, choked him so no excuses :o I take it was something to do with the incident with Cabaye and the ball boy.

Yeah shame we couldn't get the win but away at Everton was never going to be a walkover. Overall though I'm just so happy Arsenal and Spurs won so our game was essentially a dead rubber.

Buzzing about European football, loved it so much the last time when we were a lot weaker side, this time we're much more of a unit and if we build the squad well over the summer I think we'll have an excellent shot at going the distance. ;)

Also nice that I can enjoy the CL Final now without praying for Bayern to win lol :P