Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Newcastle at it again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18165334

Romain Amalfitano on a free transfer from Stade de Reims. Helped them to promotion to Ligue 1 so he seems a decent player and on a free transfer you really can't go wrong, he's the young brother of Morgan Amalfitano who plays for Marseille.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Newcastle United can today announce the signing of midfielder Romain Amalfitano.

The 22-year-old Frenchman will join the Club when his contract at Reims expires on Saturday, 30th June. He will officially become a Newcastle player on Sunday, 1st July.

Welcome to the club Romain,hopefully he'll develop into a cracking player,I reckon his the replacement for Danny Guthrie who'll almost definitely leave on a free transfer now.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

For a second I thought Pardew signed the older brother' date=' Morgan from Marseille. And believe or not,my heart stopped! (when I saw this lad face,really like his brother which is really good player.). :D[/quote']

I thought the same, and i really believed that he is Morgan when i saw the picture. It would be an amazing signing for Newcastle. It's a pity, i would like an even stronger Newcastle, i was impressed by them last season.

So Smith and Guthrie have both left the club.

Glad smith and his massive wages are finally off our books but wish Danny all the best lest he he moving for first team football.

Any Word on Xisco? Know he got a year left but you never know.

Best? he got a year left also? not sure

So Smith and Guthrie have both left the club.

Glad smith and his massive wages are finally off our books but wish Danny all the best lest he he moving for first team football.

Any Word on Xisco? Know he got a year left but you never know.

Best? he got a year left also? not sure

Dissapointed with Guthrie leaving,hopefully he does well wherever he goes,I suppose we've already replaced him with Amalfitano though so it's not too bad.

As for Xisco his on loan to Deportivo,I heard he had a clause in his contract that if Deportivo got promoted back to La Liga that they would pay a certain fee for him,as Deportivo look like they will get promoted he could be off in the summer.

As for Best were trying to sell him this summer as well,I think Celtic tried to sign him on loan in January,so maybe we can agree a package deal to sell him and Forster to them?.

A lot of in's and outs this summer by the looks of things,already trying to thrash out deals for Biriminja (Spelling) of Coventry,Debuchy or possibly Nathaniel Clyne dependent on the Simpson situation.

With the above exits and Lovenkrands. Xisco is really the only player left to get rid of.

I can't stress how much this could mean to us. Xisco and Smith are both reportedly on 50K+. You know this is true when we try and give the players away free last year but they wanted to get their final paypackets.

Thats more than Cayabe+Tiote+papis put together.

I think Pardew even said last season with smith off our cards it could clear the way for 2-3 good squad players.

We can look forward to building the club and squad to move forward on.

Yes one or two players could leave but apart from Ba they will not go cheap you can make sure Fat Mike will want top dollar.

Has anyone heard about Jong Il-Gwan. Doing the rounds on twitter that he's going to Newcastle or perhaps Dortmund. Was Youth player of the year in Asia a while back....

Couple of big reporters reporting on twitter about him' date=' also lots of talk on Newcastle forums.[/quote']

Just heard about half an hour ago,can't seem to find any articles about the possible signing as of yet though.

8Dq58v4obog

Here is scoring a hattrick for North Korea youth vs Australlia Youth.

Wouldn't mind Guthrie at Leeds' date=' don't think he would settle for 10k a week though...[/quote']

No way he'd play Championship football,far too good for that level IMO and I'm dissapointed we've lost him,he'll join a good solid midtable BPL side,don't know which one though as there's been a lot of managerial changes going on.g

No official confirmation yet but your supposedly set to sign Vurnon Anita for £7m.

Mm tiote replacement? Seems a little small other than that seems to have a bright future. 7m seems dear also for us bargain hunters.

We had plenty of scouting trips this season over there am sure they have done their homework.

Man Utd are also interested in him and they need a RB big time so I think you might have competition but with your french players such as Cabaye' date=' Ben Arfa and Obertan, he might be persuaded to come to you lot.[/quote']

We stated our interest in January, and again at the end of the season. Pardew said his name in a radio interview. I don't know why we haven't tried to secure him before he shows his ability in the Euro's. Unless he was stalling to try and impress some bigger clubs, which I think he will have, even after just one game.

Man Utd are also interested in him and they need a RB big time so I think you might have competition but with your french players such as Cabaye' date=' Ben Arfa and Obertan, he might be persuaded to come to you lot.[/quote']

Cabaye is his best friend and has already said he would join.

However can seem him being well priced out of a move after the Euros

We stated our interest in January' date=' and again at the end of the season. Pardew said his name in a radio interview. I don't know why we haven't tried to secure him before he shows his ability in the Euro's. Unless he was stalling to try and impress some bigger clubs, which I think he will have, even after just one game.[/quote']
Cabaye is his best friend and has already said he would join.

However can seem him being well priced out of a move after the Euros

Arsenal have done similar with M'Vila but I think youll still have a decent chance at getting Debuchy. We'll have to see. Youve done some bargain deals with Ba, Cabaye and Cisse so I think youve got it in the locker to get the RB.

Transfer Talk

Can forget about Debuchy he be too dear at th end of the euros :mad:

So it seems Vurnon Anita will be tied up soon to come into Leftback. We offered 4 they want 8 so a fee around 6million will be bang on the money.

It's clear Simpson is going so Santon to rightback.

Now the Striker Pardew was talking about in that famous interview seems to be aimed at luuk de jong. With reports coming out that he set to sign after the euros for around 7-8million

I'd understand if Ba wanted to leave. I wouldn't be fussed either. I'd like him to stay but if he can further his career then good luck to him.

But.... Galatasaray..?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7813791/Magpies-rubbish-Ba-reports

Edit: Also, I'm seeing rumours that Pardew and Harry are going to exchange places... Phaaahaha!

I'd understand if Ba wanted to leave. I wouldn't be fussed either. I'd like him to stay but if he can further his career then good luck to him.

But.... Galatasaray..?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7813791/Magpies-rubbish-Ba-reports

Edit: Also' date=' I'm seeing rumours that Pardew and Harry are going to exchange places... Phaaahaha![/quote']

If he goes there that's fine by me,not been sold to one of our direct rivals and simply put shows his moved for the money really,and Pardew just said the Spurs job doesn't interest him on BBC so that's good enough for me,I reckon Moyes will get it anyway.