Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Not stupid. Just insulting. Got 3 more years contract and first team player for NT. It is just insulting. :o

At least De Jong is not first eleven in his NT squad. :)

Would he be starting if Sagna is fit? I doubt it.

He seems to be taking his chance extremely well.

We been in talks with him and Cabaye been taping him up before the league ended I expect.

If he coming to Newcastle it will be for around 6-7million. I can see it happening unless a major offer comes from a club in England or Spain. Cant see him moving to Italy.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Sagna is injured mate. Debuchy looks a really good player' date=' but I don't think Lille will accept anything under 8m. [b']Four million is really insulting I must say.[/b]

My point exactly.

Do you not know Brendan Rodgers? :rolleyes:

You couldn't be more hypocritcal.

What? :P

Hatem's starting for France apparentely :D.

Would be nice to see this lad performance.

What? :P

Every time Brendan Rodgers bids on a player, he bids what is a considerably lower value then the player that originally tends to get rejected before increasing the offer with a second bid. Even with Gylfi Sigurdsson recentley we first had a rejected bid before that £6.8 million bid and the most extreme example would be us almost doubling the figure we originally bid to sign Leroy Lita. You really can't take about these so cald 'insulting bids' because you'll put a few of them in this summer.

In my opinion, I don't see anything wrong with doing that sort of buisness. If you don't bid low prices, then you can't pick up the bargains that Newcastle have picked up in the last couple of years.

Every time Brendan Rodgers bids on a player' date=' he bids what is a considerably lower value then the player that originally tends to get rejected before increasing the offer with a second bid. Even with Gylfi Sigurdsson recentley we first had a rejected bid before that £6.8 million bid and the most extreme example would be us almost doubling the figure we originally bid to sign Leroy Lita. You really can't take about these so cald 'insulting bids' because you'll put a few of them in this summer.

In my opinion, I don't see anything wrong with doing that sort of buisness. If you don't bid low prices, then you can't pick up the bargains that Newcastle have picked up in the last couple of years.[/quote']

/Thumbs up

It's called testing the water. Low ball offer then you soon see if the the other club is ready to play ball or straight up tell you to get lost. Lille seem to want to play ball. That's why I say a fee around £6.5-7m they deal.

I think a fee of around 10million Euros will get De Jong

/Thumbs up

It's called testing the water. Low ball offer then you soon see if the the other club is ready to play ball or straight up tell you to get lost. Lille seem to want to play ball. That's why I say a fee around £6.5-7m they deal.

I think a fee of around 10million Euros will get De Jong

Yeah £6m is probz about right and if it isn't than just go elsewhere. It isn't the old days anymore, we're a club that needs to be much more careful now after all that financial trouble a few seasons back. Ashley ain't gonna splash anywhere near £10m on a bloody right back especially when we pinched Cabaye last season for just 5m Euros.

Tbh if it goes that high I'd rather stick with Simpson who I think did very well last year.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like we be getting around 3m for Leon Best. Not bad he severed his purpose and looks like we made profit lol. More moneh for our Jong and Debuchy?

Last I heard Debuchy was going on Holiday after the Spain defeat and he made it clear he wants to come to Newcastle to link up Cabaye. (family reason) If that cant happen he would prefer to stay at Lille than go else where.

We are expected to make new transfer bids for both :)

I was right! Just hope am right now that Newcastle is the only club he wants to move to lol

Also look what the coach says about him being brought up well. Not only are we looking for the best talent under 29. They have to have the might mind set also. It was reported that we had a meeting last summer with Gervinho and the club just did not like the way the guy acted and pulled out of the move.

Now am not saying we would of beat gunners to signing him just dint even try after meeting him.

From NUFU.com

Having made an opening bid for the player who turns 27 in July, Newcastle are now reported to have increased their offer towards the predicted asking price of £7.5m.

“Mathieu wants to leave. But we had no plans for him to leave. He will only leave when I have found someone equally as good to replace him. And that will cost a lot of money.

“Mathieu is one of my key players. He sets an example, a young man who has been brought up well and gives his all for the cause.

“My role is not to put the team in jeopardy. If we find a replacement for him of the same stature, and the right club comes in for Mathieu, then he can leave.”

All over the press that Llambias has flew into Holland to tie up some deals :D?

We are meant to have a £20million pound transfer Kitty??????

Douglas and De Jong B)

Also keep hearing we still want Ba to stay. We are after De Jong regardless if he stays or goes. We need him for when they guys co to the cup of Nations again

Ba/Pappis/Hatem/De Jong? What the fudge??

Its Clear we after

RB Debuchy

CB Douglas (have feeling Williamson is leaving)

CF De Jong

Also a CM/DM is being mentioned if there is anything left over including players being sold like Best/Forester/Simpson.

I was right! Just hope am right now that Newcastle is the only club he wants to move to lol

Also look what the coach says about him being brought up well. Not only are we looking for the best talent under 29. They have to have the might mind set also. It was reported that we had a meeting last summer with Gervinho and the club just did not like the way the guy acted and pulled out of the move.

Now am not saying we would of beat gunners to signing him just dint even try after meeting him.

From NUFU.com

Having made an opening bid for the player who turns 27 in July' date=' Newcastle are now reported to have increased their offer towards the predicted asking price of £7.5m.

“Mathieu wants to leave. But we had no plans for him to leave. He will only leave when I have found someone equally as good to replace him. And that will cost a lot of money.

“Mathieu is one of my key players. He sets an example, a young man who has been brought up well and gives his all for the cause.

“My role is not to put the team in jeopardy. If we find a replacement for him of the same stature, and the right club comes in for Mathieu, then he can leave.”[/quote']

Our maximum age whilst signing a player is 26 years old from what I've heard and I don't think we've signed anyone over that age in the past two years.

Anyway here's the transfer update from what seems to be happening,seems like a busy week is ahead of us.

Outgoings

Leon Best seems all set to move to Blackburn for £3 Million pounds.

Fraser Forster seems to have rejected a move to Celtic,Southampton are rumoured to be interested if they don't sign Jack Butland.

Demba Ba is apparentely annoyed with his represenatives for touting him out to Galatasaray and Fenerbache,having discussions with Pardew sometime this week as well.

Mehdi Abeid has been linked with a season long loan move to Ipswich Town.

Incomings

Apparentely Cabaye has sold Debuchy on Newcastle and he wants to join us and noone else :P.

A delegation has been sent to Holland today to discuss transfer moves for Luuk De Jong and Douglas,however there is interest for De Jong from Gladbach with some German sources claiming a deal is close to been done.

Australlian central defender Curtis Good is set to join for a fee of £400,000.

Sounds like were putting our transfer plan into action already :).

De Jong Set out FC Twente First friendly of the season :) Looks like he set to go. B)

Happy if we pull off this signing?

If it's for around £10 Million then yes,I still don't think we'll get him though,just a gut feeling really,anyway I've imagined what he would be like in the side and I'd imagine he'd be similar to Cisse but not as good,anyway there's suggestion were in talks for Hoilett and look set to beat Reading for his signature,I thought he moved to Gladbach but that isn't the case.

We've also supposed to have agreed a fee for Douglas with a fee been around £5 Million or so,I suspected when we went back to Holland that we'd try and get a move for Douglas included as well,I've actually allowed myself to dream a little bit about what our squad could look like next year.

Krul

Elliott

Harper

Debuchy

Santon

S Taylor

R Taylor

Williamson

Colocinni

Good

Douglas

Anita

Ferguson

Vuckic

Abeid

Cabaye

Tiote

Amalfitano

Gosling

Sammy Ameobi

Obertan

Ben Arfa

Hoillett

Marveaux

Jonas

Cisse

Ameobi

Ba

De Jong

I don't think we'll probably get De Jong and I reckon Ba still might leave (his only got 30 days until that clause is released though.),however if it all did come off,then what a side that is :D.

I was just wondering if Ashley has a max amount he'll pay for any one player, it was almost £10m for Cisse, so will he go much higher than that seeing as this guy is only 21 with more chance of sell-on value?

Of course having a guy who bagged 25 in 33 starts would be great but we don't want to be held to ransom.

McCalaren is just trowing his toys out of his pram. He has no say on the price if he goes or stays.

5mil for Douglas seems to much imho. Last year of a contract and he starting to cause a few problems to try and force a move.

I expect if a deal is to be done it will be around 13million GBP not euros for both players. I doubt we would of sent our top brass to Holland just to seal a deal for just Douglas. Hopefully they jumping a train to Lille Next lol

We are just ruthless now when it comes to transfers and wages other clubs are starting to take note and do the same.

Few place where reporting DeJong has already been to St.James last season as we been after him for a while now.

Well that's one down' date=' that £14.5m still seems very steep for De Jong. Certainly need another striker though with added European fixtures plus bloody ACON once again. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Been reading he wont sign till the end of August. Has to live in Holland for 5years to play for Holland. Cant see the fee being £5m prob Euros

Heard we made a take it or leave it offer now for DeJong

Been reading he wont sign till the end of August. Has to live in Holland for 5years to play for Holland. Cant see the fee being £5m prob Euros

Heard we made a take it or leave it offer now for DeJong

I have always liked Newcastle you could say they are my English side but for the sake of my team on SM I pray he he doesnt sign. :P

Best gone. Fee over 3m and to raise if Blackburn get promoted :D Doubled our money on him

Forester gone for 2m

Hopefully extra cash for Debuchy & DeJong

Xisco+Ranger to the Exit please. Will be very interesting to see if these go this summer the only dead weaight left that does not have a glimmer of a chance getting a game.

Few more signing and we are going to have an extremely competitive squad for the first time in a decade!!!

Best gone. Fee over 3m and to raise if Blackburn get promoted :D Doubled our money on him

Forester gone for 2m

Hopefully extra cash for Debuchy & DeJong

Xisco+Ranger to the Exit please. Will be very interesting to see if these go this summer the only dead weaight left that does not have a glimmer of a chance getting a game.

Few more signing and we are going to have an extremely competitive squad for the first time in a decade!!!

Yeah that Xisco just seems like some horrible wart we just can't remove! :P

Also has Alan Smith been moved on yet?

EDIT : Just saw on wiki he was released. :o

Transfer latest

Gael Bigirimana is on his way for a medical to sign for Newcastle??

Also Curtis Good set to complete his transfer to us.

Still in talks for Dejong (seem his club is trying to get a biding war started but failing lol)

Douglas is rumored to be a done deal but wont sign till the end of August

Still the favorites to sign Debuchy. Now with Simpson seems set to go to reading