Official Newcastle United Thread

Dai

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Your close to snapping up a 7.5 Million Pound deal for Debuchy' date=' what a signing if that comes off.[/quote']

:)

Yup the player does not want to go anywhere else apart from us despite interest from Inter/chelsea.

Seems he got a level head on him and moving for the right reasons like Cabaye did.

Time for a bit of a round up

Like said above Debuchy rumored to finally sign for Newcastle within the next week.

Ba has said again he does not want to leave. Big talk he had talks with Pardew about playing upfront again instead of out wide.

Dejong seems a none goer now. Looking to much money. Even that German team are bulking at the asking price.

Still after a few players. A young CB and one that can slip straight into the team(douglas)

Young forward to fill the gap left by Best/Lovernkrants

We are still trying to offload Simpson to reading.

Kits

Really loving both kits the new home one reminds me of a classic Juventus one

Home

New-Newcastle-Home-Kit-2013.jpg

is that Abeid front left? Looks like he turning into a right animal. Hope to see more of Vuckic and him this year.

Newcastle-New-Kit-2012-13.jpg

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7903117/Toon-move-for-Carroll

Yes Please :),an attack containing the four of Carroll,Cisse,Ba and Ben Arfa excites the hell out of me to be honest,I know his not popular with some,but I feel he was forced into a move in the first place and to bring him back would be superb,he'd offer us a different alternative upfront and I reckon after his spell with Liverpool he'd be glad to be back in Newcastle once again,the move's the perfect one for me and would add to our forward options superbly.

Carroll and Debuchy could sign within the next week,I can't wait :P.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7903117/Toon-move-for-Carroll

Yes Please :)' date='an attack containing the four of Carroll,Cisse,Ba and Ben Arfa excites the hell out of me to be honest,I know his not popular with some,but I feel he was forced into a move in the first place and to bring him back would be superb,he'd offer us a different alternative upfront and I reckon after his spell with Liverpool he'd be glad to be back in Newcastle once again,the move's the perfect one for me and would add to our forward options superbly.

Carroll and Debuchy could sign within the next week,I can't wait :P.[/quote']

lololzozlzozl

Local press all over it.

Year loan with a view to buy for 13m

Andy knew about it now for 3 days

Looks like that one's been nipped in the bud then.

Bit to early to say.

It's clear now Liverpool want rid of him but there no one on earth that will pay more than 15million for him. Just not going to happen. Sorry Liverpool you got burnt. Time to make your mind up to run with the hot coal and keep getting burnt or trow it away B)

TBH if he was to come back to Newcastle I would not want us to spend anymore than around 12-13m Why break our system?

I expect Andy not to pleased atm at Liverpool and Brendon Rodgers trying to get rid of him. Player could have his say yet.

Not sure why you're after him in all honesty.

If he was to sign, he'd automatically warrant a starting place just on the amount you spent on him, therefore breaking up the Cisse/Ba partnership. That would then most likely see Ba drop to the bench, and he wouldn't be best pleased there.

Was a bit gob-smacked at seeing the Carroll bid. Also, slightly disappointed. We should be looking at players that would suit the wat we play. In the 18 months since AC left our style of play has changed so much and I think re-signing him would take us back into lugging the ball forward in hope that he could make something happen, rather than using our talented players in the way we have been.

Saying that, I would find it hard not to trust Pardew's decisions regarding transfers.

Was a bit gob-smacked at seeing the Carroll bid. Also' date=' slightly disappointed. We should be looking at players that would suit the wat we play. In the 18 months since AC left our style of play has changed so much and I think re-signing him would take us back into lugging the ball forward in hope that he could make something happen, rather than using our talented players in the way we have been.

Saying that, I would find it hard not to trust Pardew's decisions regarding transfers.[/quote']

Pardew's developed a phenomenal system since Carroll's departure, and in any case of his rearrival I'd assume that Pardew has a way to integrate him into it rather than revert to route one. But going in with a £15m bid was never going to land him, so I don't get the point... I'd rather see Debuchy than Carroll at St James tbh, but that's from the perspective of a non-Newcastle fan.

I find that last part hard to disagree with. :o

Pardew's developed a phenomenal system since Carroll's departure' date=' and in any case of his rearrival I'd assume that Pardew has a way to integrate him into it rather than revert to route one. But going in with a £15m bid was never going to land him, so I don't get the point... I'd rather see Debuchy than Carroll at St James tbh, but that's from the perspective of a non-Newcastle fan.

I find that last part hard to disagree with. :o[/quote']

I was waiting for someone to mention Obertan, the one failure. (Might come good juts I can't see it)

We play Monaco in a friendly tonight, kicking off at 6pm.

NUFC XI vs. AS Monaco - Harper - Santon, Simpson, Williamson, Gutierrez - Amalfitano, Abeid, Bigirimana, Sa.Ameobi - Sh.Ameobi, Ba.

I shall be watching. :)

Why would Newcastle need Carroll when they have the likes of Cisse and Ba up front? You're only after getting rid of the scum ( Carroll ' date=' Barton and Nolan ) .. You don't need him.[/quote']

Is Ba's buy out clause still intact?

Carroll was excellent at Newcastle and it was well worth putting a bid in IMO.

Is Ba's buy out clause still intact?

Carroll was excellent at Newcastle and it was well worth putting a bid in IMO.

Until the end of this month, yes.

I'm still unsure on Carroll but if we are to mount an attack on Europe and have a good league campaign I think we need more than two top strikers.

Why would Newcastle need Carroll when they have the likes of Cisse and Ba up front? You're only after getting rid of the scum ( Carroll ' date=' Barton and Nolan ) .. You don't need him.[/quote']

Can think of a few reason.

Pardew been after a big CF that can score goals with his head and cause defenses problems since Carrol left. He has said this many times.

Now this is to rotate with Ba and Pappis not to replace. I expect we will be playing very strong teams in a cup as Pards really wants to push for some silverware this year.

We have been priced out of a move for Dejong.

We never really wanted him to go but like Pardew said you have to be stupid to turn down 35million? He paid for a squad overhaul and we end up getting him back at cut price?

Pards seems to be an excellent man manager and will get the best of of him. Even if he has to take a back seat. He knows what we are all about and the role he have to play. Look how he handles Hatem.

Car/Pards/Lambis must still see him as good value at 13million. Still his best years ahead of him.

I would not mind him back but not anywhere near 15million. Under 13 would be good

Can think of a few reason.

Pardew been after a big CF that can score goals with his head and cause defenses problems since Carrol left. He has said this many times.

Now this is to rotate with Ba and Pappis not to replace. I expect we will be playing very strong teams in a cup as Pards really wants to push for some silverware this year.

We have been priced out of a move for Dejong.

We never really wanted him to go but like Pardew said you have to be stupid to turn down 35million? He paid for a squad overhaul and we end up getting him back at cut price?

Pards seems to be an excellent man manager and will get the best of of him. Even if he has to take a back seat. He knows what we are all about and the role he have to play. Look how he handles Hatem.

Car/Pards/Lambis must still see him as good value at 13million. Still his best years ahead of him.

I would not mind him back but not anywhere near 15million. Under 13 would be good

I don't think Liverpool would want to sell him. Not for the amount anyways .. And I guess it could work - Cisse and Carroll up front with Ba down the left where he has been played quite a bit last season..

And does anyone know what the story with Marveux is ? I know he's been injured last season, but do you expect him to be part of the plans ? ..

I don't think Liverpool would want to sell him. Not for the amount anyways .. And I guess it could work - Cisse and Carroll up front with Ba down the left where he has been played quite a bit last season..

And does anyone know what the story with Marveux is ? I know he's been injured last season' date=' but do you expect him to be part of the plans ? ..[/quote']

Yes he's looked excellent when he has played but does seem injury prone :(

You will see a lot more of our younger players this season.

The only deadwood we have left in the squad is Xisco and Ranger.

Finances looking healthy squad looking healthy and fresh good times ahead

Watching this pre season game against Monaco' date='absouletely love Bigi,looks like a great little player,reminds me a lot of Tiote in looks and playing style,love it if Tiote stayed and mentored him for a year or two.[/quote']

Ba scores :D

Did you see haper pull off a save with his face :P?

Ba scores :D

Did you see haper pull off a save with his face :P?

Terrible keeping with our goal to be fair :P,although Demba took advantage of it well,haven't been Impressed by Abeid or Santon and would like Vuckic and Tavernier to come on,really like the look of Bigirmana though and I think Amalfitano has done well in spells.