Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Terrible keeping with our goal to be fair :P' date='although Demba took advantage of it well,haven't been Impressed by Abeid or Santon and would like Vuckic and Tavernier to come on,really like the look of Bigirmana though and I think Amalfitano has done well in spells.[/quote']

Bigirmana just looks like a minni tiote lol. Vuckic on now also

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

You've offered 4M for Douglas. Surely you weren't expecting to get him for that price' date=' but around 8/9 Million should be enough. Would be a massive signing for you guys.

Also, Anita has handed in a transfer request. Newcastle interested in him.[/quote']

Last year on contact mate made it clear he wants to go missed training and same as Anita is throwing toys out of pram to get a move to Newcastle lol.

It's amazing how so many players want to come to Newcastle now even if it to use us as stepping stone. They know we pay ceap wages.

Fans should not be afraid or be peaved off about it. Keeps the club healthy and squad fresh.

There no way we can compete with the top 3 but with players like cabaye/tiote/papis/hatem keep comming thought the door and we get the best years out of them then that's good.

He's a big lad. Looks very good with his feet though.

When he fills out he be very hard to play against with his skill. Gael is just a little tiote in the making also.

Just very happy with our squad. Young, very talented instead if a bunch of overpaid hasbins.

When he fills out he be very hard to play against with his skill. Gael is just a little tiote in the making also.

Just very happy with our squad. Young' date=' very talented instead if a bunch of overpaid hasbins.[/quote']

Whilst I agree I'd like most of our side's depth to be made up the youngsters we currently have I think the depth still needs to be improved,if we signed Douglas,Debuchy,Carroll,Anita and Good I'd be very happy with it,just a shame I can't see all of them deals coming off.

We have good depth in midfield,but we could do with a forward and some defensive depth,aside from that I'm fine with the players we currently have at our disposal.

I think the likes of Vuckic,Abeid,Ferguson,Sammy,Gosling and Tavernier deserve a season to prove themselves,then after this season we can keep the players that have made the step up and sell then one's that haven't and replace them with other youngsters or more proven experienced players.

Don't forget that most of thoses players are still under 20. They be here for a few season. We already had a clear out of the players who are not good enough to make it.

I agree. Still short on a few experience players. Need a balance.

Only deal I see comming off is debuchy atm it was rumoured before the euros he seen the contract he would get from us and likes it. He was well impressed at how Newcastle handled cabaye and his family getting a home finding good schools for his children and so on.

Douglas to me seems to be trying to get a very high wage and playing games.

Tavernier seems to be really comming along.

Ba looked sharp

I think pappis will score a lot of goals this season and he not a flash in the pan. He has a neck to getting his shots on target and testing the keeper from anywhere. Think his shots on target% on target is or shots per goal is one of the best in Europe.

The older players seem to be taking the younger ones under their wings. Think this has to do with pardew team spirt building.

Remember the story of how they wanted the older players to train and eat with them? To show the whole club is a unit and one player does make Newcastle it's the team?

I read that Lille have signed a full-back' date=' meaning that Debuchy should join us shortly. :)[/quote']

I hope but I fear this could go on for a while longer....

Transfer fee not agreed yet. I see Newcastle grinding this one out since Debuchy made it clear it us he wants to come to...

Newcastle under 17's on sky tonight for Milkcup final. My boss is up there atm :(

Newcastle friendly on espn Friday night

I hope but I fear this could go on for a while longer....

Transfer fee not agreed yet. I see Newcastle grinding this one out since Debuchy made it clear it us he wants to come to...

Newcastle under 17's on sky tonight for Milkcup final. My boss is up there atm :(

Newcastle friendly on espn Friday night

Yeah, gutted I can't make it to Ballymena tonight. More gutted that its not being held at Coleraine showgrounds as I would of been able to go and see them then. I was hoping to get to see one of their games but they played in Ballinmallard (2 hours away!!), Ballymena (40 mins away and I wouldn't of been back home in time for work) and Ballymoney (15 mins away and I was playing football myself at the same time the game was on).

Glad to see them doing well though. Desportiva Brasil have been really good too though, so I hear. Should be a good game.

Made another signing today with the signing of Australlian Central Defender Curtis Good on a 6 year deal today,really needed a young centre half to keep up some competition with Taylor,Colo,Williamson and another more experienced centre half as well (hopefully Douglas.).

Also Ba's clause expires in seven hours,unless something sensational happens it looks like his set to stay or were due to get a bigger fee later in the window.

Made another signing today with the signing of Australlian Central Defender Curtis Good on a 6 year deal today' date='really needed a young centre half to keep up some competition with Taylor,Colo,Williamson and another more experienced centre half as well (hopefully Douglas.).

Also Ba's clause expires in seven hours,unless something sensational happens it looks like his set to stay or were due to get a bigger fee later in the window.[/quote']

jumps from 7 to 15 don't it?

This debuchy deal peaving me right off lol.

I read that Lille have signed a full-back' date=' meaning that Debuchy should join us shortly. :)[/quote']

Sidibé is not replacing Debuchy, but backing him up, as was announced directly after the transfer. Seydoux and Garcia have been clear about it: they play (the playoffs to) CL this season and if they are going to sell Debuchy, they need to be able to replace him with an equivalent player, not with a youth player.

The thing is that Newcastle's bid was too small. Just because they had a deal with Cabaye that he can leave for €5M doesn't mean that every other player is allowed to move for similar sums of money. As Seydoux said, with €6M that Newcastle offered, Lille can't get RB even nearly of the level of Debuchy to replace him with, and they have no intention to make their team weaker just to help Newcastle strengthen their respective squad.

Now, the transfer window for Debuchy's has already passed, because Lille has to be able focus on the CL playoffs with the squad that will play there, meaning that Debuchy as the first RB is no longer allowed to change clubs.

If you understand French, see this:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Debuchy-tombe-de-haut/303195

The video, Garcia explains the situation. Simply put: Debuchy is the best RB in France, one of the top of whole Europe, coming to his peak in just few years; they need to get a replacement of the same level and while sufficiently good RB's can be found, Lille has lacked the resources to buy them.

Now, the "request" for a meeting, I suppose it refers to that Debuchy had called Seydoux for explanation, as he doesn't really follow the discourse on his transfer - it seems to Debuchy that the reason of denying him the transfer changes each time. Nobody ever blamed him for being too bright, so that is understandable, but the reason is always the same: the need to be able to replace him with an equivalent player early enough before the CL playoffs. It is just that there are many factors to be taken in count in replacing a player: is there any equivalent player on sale, how much he costs, how much money they have for the deal and so on. Indeed, Debuchy's own transfer affects Lille's capacity of paying for his replacement.

Ultimately, it would be idiotically bad business for Lille to replace Debuchy with a more expensive (in transfer fee and probably in wages too), yet worse player, who even might already be past his peak. They need to be able to get a player of same value with same or smaller sum of money. As long as that is not the case, the bid is obviously too small.

One thing that bugs me is that Lille really missed their chance with Ceara. He would have been free, and a great backup for Debuchy, even his replacement, but even then they should have got more money from Debuchy's transfer, or if only €6M, then also a nice percentage from his next transfer, because it is not unlikely that the players moving from Lille to Newcastle will move from Newcastle to bigger clubs for a much higher fee.

Hows Sylvain Marveaux been during pre-season? Reckon he'll get a good amount of game time this season? Worth signing on SM?

Looks so good with the ball at his feet. With a Turn if pace is alway looking attack the box. Not sure if we can keep him fit but he has real quality. Seem him play a few times and has always impressed me.