Official Newcastle United Thread

Dai

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

So' date=' we avoided Anzhi and Feyenoord to draw Greek side Atromitos in the Europa League. Could have been an easier draw but we can't complain really.[/quote']

I can't imagine that it could have been much easier though. They were the 4th of the Greek league and have no European experience whatsoever. In fact, just won promotion back to Greek first level just some two seasons ago.

I first thought that Marseille draw even easier than you. They got some Sheriff from somewhere round the Russian borders. Having never even heard of that team, figured that they champions of Budzshjikistanian league or something, and only a threat if they play with some oil money and have a squad full of experienced Brasilians who never made it to the Seleção.

I then googled the club, and it was almost what I expected. They are Moldovan champions, who actually made it to the last qualifying stage of CL the seasons 2009/10 and 2010/11, beating Sparta Prague and Dinamo Zagreb, before crashing out against rather big teams, Olympiakos and Basel, respectively. Consequently, they have made it to EL beating teams as big as Twente. So at least they have a winning team, but frankly, no recognizable players, no dozen of Brasilians. Should be easy, despite some good results earlier on.

Looks like we are set to get one of our main targets.

Several places reporting a deal as been agreed with Ajax for Anita. DM/LB?

Debuchy came out and said again he want to leave.

So our main targets this summer was

DeJong - Failed

Anita- Bid accepted got to agree personal terms with

Debuchy- Agreed personal terms not agreed fee with club

Carrol???

Looks like we are set to get one of our main targets.

Several places reporting a deal as been agreed with Ajax for Anita. DM/LB?

Debuchy came out and said again he want to leave.

So our main targets this summer was

DeJong - Failed

Anita- Bid accepted got to agree personal terms with

Debuchy- Agreed personal terms not agreed fee with club

Carrol???

Anita has said that if he can't agree terms with us he'll be happy to stay at Ajax. I just hope he doesn't take the mick with his demands.

Anita has said that if he can't agree terms with us he'll be happy to stay at Ajax. I just hope he doesn't take the mick with his demands.

Graeme Carr Special?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/call-collymore/120812/van-der-kraan-newcastle-fans-should-be-excited-anitas-arrival-178495

Ajax has said the fee is 8-10m euro whats that around £7-8m starting to wounder what type of fee lile where looking for debuchy.

Forgot to add Douglas to that main target list. Not sure where that deal is atm. I expect that to go right down to the wire with him having to stay in Holland to late August.

Dutch press are reporting Gregory van der Wiel has turned down a move to Newcastle so it does seem to be we are still after a rightback

You guys are so screwed for the season starter. 6 best field players out. I'm putting my money on Spurs, or maybe a draw. Will be a tough start to this season for you. And you are having one of the most difficult calendars for the early season, so with these injuries, no chance. Have very bad feelings for this season. But possible great comeback later on with odds worth betting.

You guys are so screwed for the season starter. 6 best field players out. I'm putting my money on Spurs' date=' or maybe a draw. Will be a tough start to this season for you. And you are having one of the most difficult calendars for the early season, so with these injuries, no chance. Have very bad feelings for this season. But possible great comeback later on with odds worth betting.[/quote']

Both teams are in a mess.

Both teams are in a mess.

And what mess are Spurs in? Modric leaving? Oh my, what a horrible mess. You still have almost whole squad healthy and no other worries than one star being traded away. Spurs will have a strong early season.

No strikers' date=' no centre midfielders.[/quote']

Defoe is a striker. Okay, seriously, when you have sold Modric, you will sign a striker. Or loan one. And Sigurdsson is a second striker. Will be superb.

You have Sandro, VDV, Livermore, Huddlestone and Jenas. Just because your best DM Parker is away does not mean you don't have central midfielders. And you may be signing M'Vila.

Seems Vurnon Anita has agreed personal terms with Newcastle and is having his medical :D

Gregory van der Wiel rumors doing the rounds again

You guys are so screwed for the season starter. 6 best field players out. I'm putting my money on Spurs' date=' or maybe a draw. Will be a tough start to this season for you. And you are having one of the most difficult calendars for the early season, so with these injuries, no chance. Have very bad feelings for this season. But possible great comeback later on with odds worth betting.[/quote']

Those 6 players are injury concerns. Not that all 6 are out. Think most just got slight knocks

Sideshow bob is a machine think he is still heading away with Argentina?

Think the major doubt is Tiote

Seems Vurnon Anita has agreed personal terms with Newcastle and is having his medical :D

Gregory van der Wiel rumors doing the rounds again

Those 6 players are injury concerns. Not that all 6 are out. Think most just got slight knocks

Sideshow bob is a machine think he is still heading away with Argentina?

Think the major doubt is Tiote

I've understood that Tioté is certain to be out. Cissé and Ben Arfa as well. Especially Ben Arfa, Pardew said that Ben Arfa pretends to be able to play Saturday, but there is no way he is fit by then (or something like that). Others likely to miss the season starter. And if they play, they play unfit. And when the others finally come back, they are unfit, missing the season starter, a match or two behind the opponents. And you are playing Chelsea away pretty soon. Sounds really bad. I'm going to play my bets against Newcastle this time. I would not be very unhappy if I lost though.

In a worst case scenario this is our team for Saturday.

Krul

Simpson S Taylor Williamson Santon

Jonas Gosling Bigirimana Marveaux

Ba Cisse

Not the best side but it's still a side that's capable of beating Tottenham,also Anita would have probably have signed by then and replace Bigirimana in the lineup for Saturday's game,just really looking forward to it now to be honest,a new signing on the way,already made three good squad additions over the summer and lost noone from the club,I just hope we can go ahead and have a great season and play some nice football along the way,if we lose on Saturday to a side like Spurs there's no disgrace in that.

Krul

Ben Arfa Gosling Bigirimana Marveaux

Ba Cisse

Not the best side but it's still a side that's capable of beating Tottenham' date='also Anita would have probably have signed by then and replace Bigirimana in the lineup for Saturday's game,just really looking forward to it now to be honest,a new signing on the way,already made three good squad additions over the summer and lost noone from the club,I just hope we can go ahead and have a great season and play some nice football along the way,if we lose on Saturday to a side like Spurs there's no disgrace in that.[/quote']

Isn't Ben Arfa definitely out?

I think Cabaye will play an hour personally.

Isn't Ben Arfa definitely out?

I think Cabaye will play an hour personally.

Yes but I forgot :P,I suppose we'll just play Jonas on the right hand side and Marveaux on the left or the other way around,and I doubt Cabaye will play to be honest,still not really got back in the swing of things since euro duty,I could imagine both him and Ben Arfa might play on Thursday instead though.

I can't see Cisse not starting like Didi is suggesting though,was sick during pre season but then played after that to get himself in some kind of shape,I suppose we'll find out on Saturday though.

Krul

Ba Cisse

Not the best side but it's still a side that's capable of beating Tottenham' date='also Anita would have probably have signed by then and replace Bigirimana in the lineup for Saturday's game,just really looking forward to it now to be honest,a new signing on the way,already made three good squad additions over the summer and lost noone from the club,I just hope we can go ahead and have a great season and play some nice football along the way,if we lose on Saturday to a side like Spurs there's no disgrace in that.[/quote']

Let me get into this

Krul

Simpson S.Taylor Wiliamson Santon

R.Taylor or Amalfitano, Anita, Cabaye (50oddmins like said above)Marveaux or Jonas

Shola, Ba/Cisse

Egghead could also fit in somewhere. Sammy Injured right?

Dam few more defenders are we have a cracking squad

Krul

Ba Cisse

Except that Cissé seems very unlikely to play, Ba uncertain (but more probable, I got it). So, probably Ba and Ameobi upfront. Ameobi has been good in pre season, so not so bad maybe. But your midfield, your usual strong point, is weak for EPL level.

Except that Cissé seems very unlikely to play' date=' Ba uncertain (but more probable, I got it). So, probably Ba and Ameobi upfront. Ameobi has been good in pre season, so not so bad maybe. But your midfield, your usual strong point, is weak for EPL level.[/quote']

Weak at EPL?

Weak perhaps at top 6 level but still a better midfield than the vast majority of the league.

Yes but I forgot :P' date='I suppose we'll just play Jonas on the right hand side and Marveaux on the left or the other way around,and I doubt Cabaye will play to be honest,still not really got back in the swing of things since euro duty,I could imagine both him and Ben Arfa might play on Thursday instead though.

I can't see Cisse not starting like Didi is suggesting though,was sick during pre season but then played after that to get himself in some kind of shape,I suppose we'll find out on Saturday though.[/quote']

According to Pardew's interview, Cissé has a leg injury of somekind and is very unlikely to play the first round.

Weak at EPL?

Weak perhaps at top 6 level but still a better midfield than the vast majority of the league.

Yeah, Jonas on wrong flank, Gosling and two players without previous EPL experience out of whom one has been injured for the most of last two years, I think it is rather weak. Bigi and Marveaux can be good, I have myself seen what Marveaux can do when he played for Rennes, awesome player, but he hasn't played for ages. Well, Ben Arfa came back as good as ever from his injury, and Marveaux got to play a full pre season, so who knows, maybe he'll be great.

Yeah' date=' Jonas on wrong flank, Gosling and two players without previous EPL experience out of whom one has been injured for the most of last two years, I think it is rather weak. Bigi and Marveaux can be good, I have myself seen what Marveaux can do when he played for Rennes, awesome player, but he hasn't played for ages. Well, Ben Arfa came back as good as ever from his injury, and Marveaux got to play a full pre season, so who knows, maybe he'll be great.[/quote']

I don't think it weak. Got lots of talent to play in the middle. The lack of experience is more the problem, Why Jonas on the wrong flank?

Egghead/Amalfitano/R.Talyor can play there. Amalfitano can also play in the middle. He been looking good preseason also.

I don't think it weak. Got lots of talent to play in the middle. The lack of experience is more the problem' date=' Why [i']Jonas on the wrong flank[/i]?

Egghead/Amalfitano/R.Talyor can play there. Amalfitano can also play in the middle. He been looking good preseason also.

Not my suggestion, he was put to right flank by one I responded to.

Anyway, you just signed Anita. May be good.