Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Not my suggestion' date=' he was put to right flank by one I responded to.

Anyway, you just signed Anita. May be good.[/quote']

Frank de beoer was saying he was one of the players he really wanted to keep but could not due to his contract. He went on to say he is the hardest working young player he's ever worked with.

Should fit in well at Newcastle.

Papis Trained this morning and Ap said he should be fine for Saturday

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Delighted we managed to secure the victory today despite been poor for most of the match,seems we've carried on from last season in that regard,Ben Arfa looks in great shape and was our man of the match by quite a distance,just has the magic to make something happen which we needed today,Demba's goal was a lovely finish and Ben Arfa done well to win the penalty.

Spurs were the better side but we got the three points which is what I care about,we were sloppy in possession today although we did try to play it out from the back more than last season which is also encouraging,Anita offers us something different in midfield and looks like a good player.

Also Erik Pieters was spotted at the game today,he can play at Left Back and Centre Back so he will be much needed if he does join,we would have good depth across the back four then and if we signed a striker as well as Pieters we'd have a very good squad.

A good three points today and they were much needed,still a long way to go of course but at least were looking like we will continue to strengthen and at the end of the window we'll be fully prepared to attack the season ahead.

Also Erik Pieters was spotted at the game today' date='he can play at Left Back and Centre Back so he will be much needed if he does join,we would have good depth across the back four then and if we signed a striker as well as Pieters we'd have a very good squad.[/quote']

How long we been after him?

Seems to be a pattern here.

Go after a player he gets a stupid price tag. We play the waiting game and pick him up for what we want.

Would not be surprised if we get Debuchy in Jan or next season.

According to the Telegraph this is the probable team for the Atromitios game tommorow.

Newcastle (probable, 4-4-2): Harper; R Taylor, Williamson, Perch, Santon; Obertan, Bigirimana, Anita, Marveaux; Cisse, Campbell.

Delighted to see Campbell could potentially be starting tommorow,always love to see young players come through the academy.

According to the Telegraph this is the probable team for the Atromitios game tommorow.

Newcastle (probable' date=' 4-4-2): Harper; R Taylor, Williamson, Perch, Santon; Obertan, Bigirimana, Anita, Marveaux; Cisse, Campbell.

Delighted to see Campbell could potentially be starting tommorow,always love to see young players come through the academy.[/quote']

Seen him the milkcup has a bright future.

Is Ferguson injured? scored a screamer for Norn Iron the other week.

Hopefully we still in Europe after xmas so I can get over for a European night B)

So a comfortable 1-1 draw in the end then,a boring game all round and it looked like we were just trying to preserve as much engery as possible to be honest,Campbell made a decent cameo and Amalfitano looked fantastic,We've got an away goal and I'm sure we can beat them at jome in a weeks time.

So a comfortable 1-1 draw in the end then' date='a boring game all round and it looked like we were just trying to preserve as much engery as possible to be honest,Campbell made a decent cameo and Amalfitano looked fantastic,We've got an away goal and I'm sure we can beat them at jome in a weeks time.[/quote']

Did you play your bench? Who played? Any news for tomorrow's match? Who are expected to play?

The first day lineup better than expected, finally didn't bet on the match at all and am happy for that now. Ben Arfa apparently was excellent. That's good news for you: he is your most talented player and potentially biggest star, so his form can change a lot about your game.

Slightly unlucky to lose that one really,Cisse and Ba had two great chances and we didn't take them and a stupid penalty gave them there first goal,still playing Chelsea was always going to be tough anyway and losing 2-0 there doesn't really affect us too badly at all

A win against Spurs,a decent draw in Europe where we look very comfortable for the home leg and a decent performance at Chelsea isn't too bad at all,just hope we can bring a couple of players into the squad by the end of the transfer window as I think the side could do with a bit of improving in terms of squad depth.

The one massive positive out of the first two games has been Ben Arfa,looked fantastic so far this season.

Unlucky today boys. Ye were the better team, but weren't clinical, for the first time in a good while. Great came to watch and I really enjoyed it. Our £85m million players did the damage when needed.

Can see Newcastle definitely being up there again and I hope they do it. Good club, well run and the fan's aren't arrogant.. :P

Unlucky today boys. Ye were the better team' date=' but weren't clinical, for the first time in a good while. Great came to watch and I really enjoyed it. Our £85m million players did the damage when needed.

Can see Newcastle definitely being up there again and I hope they do it. Good club, well run and the [b']fan's aren't arrogant[/b].. :P

Totally agreed with this point.

I've just asked Alan Pardew whether Andy Carroll would sign this week "No I don't think so. We might try to bring in a younger player" #NUFC

Be interesting to see whether that's mind games or not' date='will be interetsing to see either way.[/quote']

I think Brendan Rodgers made his feelings quite clear on Newcastle Signing Carroll.

"There is absolutely no chance [of a loan deal] – and certainly not Newcastle, Newcastle got £35m for this player last year. To even consider wanting to take him on loan is a liberty really. We have got a very small squad as it is. We have lost a lot of players this summer and I have not replaced them, as of yet. That is the reality of where we are. I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got Suárez, Fabio Borini and Andy Carroll. I would need to be a nutcase to even consider at this moment to let Carroll go out, unless there are other solutions for that."

I can't see Rodgers selling him back to you guys unless it's a good bid and not a Loan, I'd say you'd have to stump up 20 Million+ to get him. And for that money you guys could easily buy better players.

I've just asked Alan Pardew whether Andy Carroll would sign this week "No I don't think so. We might try to bring in a younger player" #NUFC

Be interesting to see whether that's mind games or not' date='will be interetsing to see either way.[/quote']

Would prefer a younger player. tbh

Would not mind AC coming back but do not want to that to peave of Ba and pappis.

Younger player would be better to blood in

Would prefer a younger player. tbh

Would not mind AC coming back but do not want to that to peave of Ba and pappis.

Younger player would be better to blood in

I really wouldn't mind a young striker either,it's just I have no idea who it'd be and what cost it would be etc,still we need a striker so I'd happily take someone at this stage.

I really wouldn't mind a young striker either' date='it's just I have no idea who it'd be and what cost it would be etc,still we need a striker so I'd happily take someone at this stage.[/quote']

Problem is finding someone who going to be decent talent and is prepared to sit on the bench.

Think we could of used shola today. Would of caused Chelsea problems in the air