Official Newcastle United Thread

Dai

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

I think you're a side that is capable of winning 5 games on the bounce' date=' but equally capable of losing 5 on the bounce. The Everton game showed how bi-polar Newcastle are at the moment, a completely different team came out in the second half.[/quote']

Yeah, exactly.

We've barely touched the ball so far tonight.

EDIT: Brilliant save by Vorm!

Yeah' date=' exactly.

We've barely touched the ball so far tonight.[/quote']

Yet had the best chance so far, world class save that by Vorm. It is the Swansea way to dominate possession, if we go chasing the ball to try and control possession we will get destroyed, best chance of a win is to hit them on the break.

We've been awful tonight. Swansea are just having a laugh.

We should have had a penalty at 1-0 with the handball but other than that' date=' we've done very little.

Back down to Earth with a bump![/quote']

A confidence side who are great when winning games but show no desire/guile to roll there sleeves up and get stuck in. I have said it time and again the spine of the side should be established premier league players preferably English. Cabaye dropped deeper and deeper to get the ball and still managed to do naff all with it. Such a frustrating side and after tonight's game whole sale changes are required.

Yanga-Mbiwa, Stevie T, Ben Arfa and Anita are chomping at the bit to be involved and I would start all four in place of Santon, Williamson, Tiote and Ameobi for Saturday's game, which I will miss as I have the pleasure of a birthday party for 4 year olds that the little one will be going to, could well be a blessing.

So Pardew thinks you didn't deserve the result yesterday, and that you played really well and pressed us up the pitch in the second half that stopped us playing. Surely you can't agree with your manager here, yes you had a couple of decisions go against us (as did we) but I thought you were awful and had pretty much given up at 2-0. We had a huge amount of possession in the second half and controlled the game over the course of the 90 minutes. He thought all the major breaks of the game went against Newcastle, such Ben Arfa and Cisse missing out when we had Bony, Michu and Rangel missing.

Do you agree with his sentiments, because I've I'd gone to the other side of the UK for the reverse fixture to see a performance like that, with the side giving up with 20 minutes to go then I'd want the manager to at least accept that the performance wasn't good enough.

WAN1FJPBTcM

So Pardew thinks you didn't deserve the result yesterday' date=' and that you played really well and pressed us up the pitch in the second half that stopped us playing. Surely you can't agree with your manager here, yes you had a couple of decisions go against us (as did we) but I thought you were awful and had pretty much given up at 2-0. We had a huge amount of possession in the second half and controlled the game over the course of the 90 minutes. He thought all the major breaks of the game went against Newcastle, such Ben Arfa and Cisse missing out when we had Bony, Michu and Rangel missing.

Do you agree with his sentiments, because I've I'd gone to the other side of the UK for the reverse fixture to see a performance like that, with the side giving up with 20 minutes to go then I'd want the manager to at least accept that the performance wasn't good enough.

[center']

WAN1FJPBTcM

[/center]

Yes, we should have had a penalty at 1-0 undoubtedly and yes, that could have massively altered the result.

Yes, you should have been down to 10 men with your best player leaving the pitch, and yes that would have changed the result as well.

That said, we cannot rely on "Oh well he should have gone or oh, we should have had a penalty". We offered very little, and even in the first half when you had lots of possession i said it was worrying, not because of the possession you were having but because of WHERE you were having it. You were getting in behind lots and swamping the midfield area.

We offered nothing in the second half and for Pardew to blame the result on Cisse and Ben Arfa being out when he hasn't started either for four games and you had Michu and Bony both out, is laughable really.

Pardew never accepts the result. He'll always find an excuse or a circumstance where he'll wriggle out of admitting that we just didn't play well enough.

Bottom line as far as we go is that we've won four on the bounce that we didn't expect to win, and quite honestly we're still sat higher than we thought we would be, but last night was a poor performance. We've now got Man United away and Southampton at home, and we could quite easily lose all three and be back in classic old 'Newcastle Crisis' mode.

Well done to your lot though, i thought you played well and did exactly what you needed to, to beat us.

Yes' date=' we should have had a penalty at 1-0 undoubtedly and yes, that could have massively altered the result.

Yes, you should have been down to 10 men with your best player leaving the pitch, and yes that would have changed the result as well.

That said, we cannot rely on "Oh well he should have gone or oh, we should have had a penalty". We offered very little, and even in the first half when you had lots of possession i said it was worrying, not because of the possession you were having but because of WHERE you were having it. You were getting in behind lots and swamping the midfield area.

We offered nothing in the second half and for Pardew to blame the result on Cisse and Ben Arfa being out when he hasn't started either for four games and you had Michu and Bony both out, is laughable really.

Pardew never accepts the result. He'll always find an excuse or a circumstance where he'll wriggle out of admitting that we just didn't play well enough.

Bottom line as far as we go is that we've won four on the bounce that we didn't expect to win, and quite honestly we're still sat higher than we thought we would be, but last night was a poor performance. We've now got Man United away and Southampton at home, and we could quite easily lose all three and be back in classic old 'Newcastle Crisis' mode.

Well done to your lot though, i thought you played well and did exactly what you needed to, to beat us.[/quote']

I'm not arguing about the refereeing decisions, we've had that discussion and I agree with you. Although I think we could have had a penalty when Pablo was tripped but stayed on his feet, and Debuchy could have walked as well but just wanted to know whether you agreed with Pardew as it seemed like lunacy to me. The most worst post match interview I've heard in some time.

You have done very well this season and have surprised me. You've got a lot more points than I'd have expected, and are in a good position to finish in the top half of the table but I don't think Pardew is the right man for the job when he can't take a defeat. It's no surprise that your side goes from red hot to cold when it seems like you're manager doesn't want to learn from results and address problems. I'd guess most Newcastle fans would want a change in the line up based on the performance yesterday, but it seems like Pardew thinks Newcastle did very well, controlled the game and can set up like that against United.

but just wanted to know whether you agreed with Pardew as it seemed like lunacy to me. The most worst post match interview I've heard in some time.

You have done very well this season and have surprised me. You've got a lot more points than I'd have expected' date=' and are in a good position to finish in the top half of the table but I don't think Pardew is the right man for the job when he can't take a defeat. It's no surprise that your side goes from red hot to cold when it seems like you're manager doesn't want to learn from results and address problems. I'd guess most Newcastle fans would want a change in the line up based on the performance yesterday, but it seems like Pardew thinks Newcastle did very well, controlled the game and can set up like that against United.[/quote']

No, i don't agree with him. Right after the Sunderland game i said I'm finally done with Pardew. We go on a four game winning streak and everyone forgets how bad some of his decisions are and how bad some of his line-ups have been.

It's amazing this football lark - Play players in their correct position and they play well. Who'd have thought!? :rolleyes:

That said, if you do win four in a row with Chelsea and Spurs in there, you've obviously done something right.

But yes, disappointing as he always seems to blame someone rather than just simply admit we weren't good enough or to address some of our problems.

We were overrun last night in midfield and sticking an extra body in their who can pass a ball and keep possession like Anita would have done wonders. Tiote is great in a typical midfield battle against other strong midfielders but against small ball-keeping midfielders like you have, he's going to get rings rang around him.

I will be curious to see who we buy in January (if at all.) With such a difficult December and undoubtedly lacking in depth up front and defensively we do need to go out and buy.

Finnbogason is a name constantly linked with us as is Gomis, and Aaron Hunt rumour is circulating as well, though not quite sure why we would need another midfielder unless we are looking to offload in January as well. Defensively I still think we are lacking real talent so I will be watching with interest how things develop, or don't as the case may be though would like to see Manolas of Olympiakos come in.

I will be curious to see who we buy in January (if at all.) With such a difficult December and undoubtedly lacking in depth up front and defensively we do need to go out and buy.

Finnbogason is a name constantly linked with us as is Gomis' date=' and Aaron Hunt rumour is circulating as well, though not quite sure why we would need another midfielder unless we are looking to offload in January as well. Defensively I still think we are lacking real talent so I will be watching with interest how things develop, or don't as the case may be though would like to see Manolas of Olympiakos come in.[/font']

If we're in the top 8 in January i can honestly see us not signing anyone.

The only reason he signed so many last time is because of how much pressure he and Pardew were under.

We need to tie down Remy as soon as humanly possible, but i feel like its going to be a long drawn out situation in the summer when QPR shop him around for $20m.

We need another striker without a doubt and arguably another centre midfielder. At present we play a three man midfield and only have Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko and Anita really. We need a centre back as well and i know Kouyate from Anderlecht has been linked. Williamson is doing well but he's still bad and so is Taylor if truth be told. If Colo leaves then we really are up the creek. We need some competition for places in our squad, and we're slowly starting to get there. I mean, if you had of told me six months ago that Cisse and Ben Arfa couldn't get in the team, i'd have laughed at you!

I know Jkerrs is mad looking more English players in but haven't the board said something similar? Looking a few young players a bit closer to home or something?

I think we might buy one or two as it looks better for our books to buy in jan than aug. That has also been said

I know Jkerrs is mad looking more English players in but haven't the board said something similar? Looking a few young players a bit closer to home or something?

I think we might buy one or two as it looks better for our books to buy in jan than aug. That has also been said

They've said something about English players yeah. I missed the full quotes though.

I think once in a while you need that English player (dare i say it? Like Joey Barton) to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, but at the same time, players like Tiote and Cabaye have done that on occasion for us.

They've said something about English players yeah. I missed the full quotes though.

I think once in a while you need that English player (dare i say it? Like Joey Barton) to grab the game by the scruff of the neck' date=' but at the same time, players like Tiote and Cabaye have done that on occasion for us.[/quote']

They have but how many times do they go missing when it is roll up your sleeves and get stuck in time when we have our backs against the wall.

I have said it time and a gain, we are a confidence side that when leading games play with a great amount of confidence, yet when we are losing games we just do not seem to have that certain gritty determination you need from your players to sweat blood to get us back into games, this is where the French contingent, for me fail time and again bar a few.

They have but how many times do they go missing when it is roll up your sleeves and get stuck in time when we have our backs against the wall.

I have said it time and a gain' date=' we are a confidence side that when leading games play with a great amount of confidence, yet when we are losing games we just do not seem to have that certain gritty determination you need from your players to sweat blood to get us back into games, this is where the French contingent, for me fail time and again bar a few. [/font']

There is a flip side of that coin also.

How many times has the likes of Talyor and Barton cost us in games in the heat of the moment?

The players don't have to be British.

I think a part of our problem is the no players over 27 general rule. A bit of experience goes a long way but we have to be careful not to fall into the whole massive wages on old players.

There is a flip side of that coin also.

How many times has the likes of Talyor and Barton cost us in games in the heat of the moment?

The players don't have to be British.

I think a part of our problem is the no players over 27 general rule. A bit of experience goes a long way but we have to be careful not to fall into the whole massive wages on old players.

Barton is a poor example as he is not relevant to the current side' date=' yes Taylor has made mistakes (not quite sure the relevance of this either as my point is about giving your all when your backs are against the wall not who makes errors) but the difference is he will role his sleeves up and try and motivate the team and gives 110%.

As for the age point you make, if you are good enough you are old enough, so completely disagree with that point as well.[/font']

How easy are United players going down? Regardless of whether they are fouls or not (which quite a few have been) but you would think they had been shot by a sniper!

Looks like Young has been taking training ground sessions the way this lot are falling about.