Official Newcastle United Thread

Dai

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Barton is a poor example as he is not relevant to the current side' date=' yes Taylor has made mistakes (not quite sure the relevance of this either as my point is about giving your all when your backs are against the wall not who makes errors) but the difference is he will role his sleeves up and try and motivate the team and gives 110%.

As for the age point you make, if you are good enough you are old enough, so completely disagree with that point as well.[/font']

My point is it's experienced players that pick up and push on not just british.

Anyhow my xmas dinner tonight and my manager is a manu fan yerhoooo!!!!

What a result!

It wasn't a snatch and grab either quite honestly, it was a pretty even game. We did exactly what i said we needed to do against Swansea - Stick Anita in the middle, someone who can keep possession and play a pass.

Sissoko on the right wing just seems to tear left backs apart. We'll need to get the smelling salts out for Evra. He was turned inside out all game.

Debuchy doesn't know the meaning of right 'back' but he's fantastic going forward. I wonder if Robin has found his way out of Willo's pocket yet?

It's so strange though, i still expected Man United to click into top gear when they're losing and go on to get something but they just cannot seem to do that at the moment. It's a strange situation.

Fantastic win for us though and thoroughly deserved for a brilliant away support after the Swansea fiasco.

Congratulations massive result for you, guess Pardew is the right man for the Job again this week ;)

Dont really think any side done enough to win the game and a draw was probably a fair result, but that's the thing in football sometimes you don't always get what you deserve.

As discussed with Matt earlier I was tremendously impressed with your discipline and defensive shape and on occasions you broke positively.

TBF not his biggest fan as I don't really think he has performed that well for Newcastle apart from an initial burst when he first came in but Sissoko was terrific today.

Great result for you boys, well played.

Congratulations massive result for you' date=' guess Pardew is the right man for the Job again this week ;)

TBF not his biggest fan as I don't really think he has performed that well for Newcastle apart from an initial burst when he first came in but Sissoko was terrific today.

Great result for you boys, well played.[/quote']

1. I can never decide where i stand on Pardew. As long as we're doing well though, i'll stand by him. Sometimes he just seems to make idiotic decisions.

2. Sissoko seems to be an absolute monster against top left backs like Cole and Evra. He just burns past them with ease. Like he did against Cole numerous times and like he did for the goal at the weekend against Evra.

Coincidentally one of those decisions that many Newcastle fans including myself have questioned from Pardew, has been to start Sissoko as a right winger many times. :rolleyes:

It's Newcastle United. Nothing makes sense.

This post might seem slightly out of context to the rest of the thread but I haven't really got round to posting on here much this season :P.

First of all I'm delighted to see how it's going aside from the Sunderland game,but that was down to the Poyet factor as his always done well against us a player and a manager.

Anyway whilst I may have posted it on here or elsewhere I said whilst it was only one signing the addition of Remy will make us a different team and it has,he only normally needs one or two chances to kill a game off and it makes so much better as a result (Southampton aside :eek:),also I'm delighted with how Gouffran has been playing and his been our player of the season so far for me although I've always been a big fan of his his probably my favorite player in the team at this moment,I'd also like to give a special mention to Debuchy who I thought was awful last year,but seems to have settled down and become the full back I watched play for Lille and France at EURO 2012.

Yet despite all of that I have to say the biggest reason playing wise is having a fully fit Tiote back in the team makes me so much more confident defensively and gives us the licence to attack for other players like Cabaye,Sissoko and Gouffran,it's been tough after his brilliant first season with back to back AFCON,constant suspensions although that's his own fault and injuries but his finally back to his best form,like this he is one of the best defensive midfielders in the league as he covers the ground superbly,can intercept and tackle and has good distribution over a short range passing.

However I need to eat some massive humble pie :o,for the first team since his took charge I'm actually start to be impressed with Pardew,I do believe at the end of last season we should have sacked him and if he wasn't on a stupid eight year deal that Ashley would have done,but I wiped the slate clean and judged him solely of this season and his done well.

His finally playing players in form and not picking his favourites (JONAS),this can be seen by Gouffran been a regular in the team and now becoming a key fixture whilst Ben Arfa is on the bench as he should be,another example is Williamson who has been terrific for us this season and should be given a run in the team until he shows otherwise,I also must give him credit for changing the way we play at times to freshen it up and realizing that,for example bringing in Shola for the Chelsea game kickstarted our four game winning streak IMO,then changing the way we played for the Man United game helped us win that game as well,we've now getting genuine competition for places in Yanga Mbiwa,Anita and Ben Arfa who have played well but yet can't get in the team.

Also this week has put into perspective for me that I don't see the point in sacking him,his been here three years and quite frankly I'm just grateful for some stability around the football club,In an ideal world I'd have a new owner who'd be prepared to be invest a bit more in the club,have JFK nowhere near the club and get a manager I consider to be better than Pardew in charge of the club,but quite frankly based of this season his done nothing to be consider worthy of even contemplating the thought of getting the sack,infact I hope we can rack up some more points over the christmas period so we can put the league to the one side and focus on the FA Cup as aside I think we are due a good cup run and don't have Brighton in the 3rd round :D.

Overall I'm happy with the way it's gone,we've got a good side which is never been in doubt and now in my view is been managed well,of course that could always change,but frankly I'm just happy to watch and enjoy the rest of the season without any real worries.

I love how they start gesturing to get him sent off' date=' but none of them dare go near him. :P[/quote']The guy is a beast. It's nice seeing him tear it down the right wing

Overall I'm happy with the way it's gone' date='we've got a good side which is never been in doubt and now in my view is been managed well,of course that could always change,but frankly I'm just happy to watch and enjoy the rest of the season without any real worries.[/quote'] i love it that we are playing some lovely football again after the trash we played last year

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular order, my summary of the game.

1. We struggled early and deserved to go 1-0 down. We missed Tiote massively in the middle - Someone to break up their attacks and set-up ours.

2. Whelan's sending off is one of those where i'd feel hard done by if he was my player but at the end of the day, it was two yellow card offences and he deserves to go.

3. Stoke have nothing to complain about. The penalty on Remy was correct and he was the last man so it was a red card. What else can the referee do? He's not there to "keep the game exciting", he's there to make sure he correctly officiates a game of football.

4. It was easy in the second half. I'm glad to continued to press and get our goal difference up.

5. Ben Arfa doesn't dive, contrary to Stoke fans' opinions. Watch it again, he clearly gets taken out. If you think he dived, i don't know what else to say.

6. Haidara got wiped out and that was the most stonewall decision of the day but not given.

7. The first goal was not offside, that was Sissoko and he wasn't interfering with play.

8. A fantastically taken penalty by Cisse and great to see the support the crowd gave him when he scored. Hopefully it'll give him a bit of confidence back.

9. Great result. Sometimes you get the rub of the green and you have to make the most of it when it comes your way. We did. 5-1. Arsenal next.

• 2 weeks later...

Please vote on this guys.

It's a poll about Walcott's '2-0' hand gesture taunt against Spurs.

Was it as bad as when Adebayor ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans?

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=166069

It wasn't as bad at all.

Walcott reacted like any of us probably would have done given the abuse he was getting right in front of the Spurs fans. Adebayor ran the length of the pitch in order to intentional antagonise the Arsenal fans.

Either way, i liked both of them to be honest.

Lots of Newcastle transfer news floating around tonight.

These have been reported by 2 or 3 sources each.

1. Newcastle are on the verge of signing Luuk De Jong, and are interested in Heitinga.

2. A deal for Gomis looks set to be completed with our people and his people having started talks and Lyon accepting that he'll leave.

3. Mike Ashley has 'sanctioned' four signings in January.

I won't hold my breath..

Lots of Newcastle transfer news floating around tonight.

These have been reported by 2 or 3 sources each.

1. Newcastle are on the verge of signing Luuk De Jong' date=' and are interested in Heitinga.

2. A deal for Gomis looks set to be completed with our people and his people having started talks and Lyon accepting that he'll leave.

3. Mike Ashley has 'sanctioned' four signings in January.

I won't hold my breath..[/quote']

Indeed :D Tho we do do our transfers in Jan than the summer as it looks better for the books for some reason.

Dint see the match on Saturday but bitterly disappointed in getting knocked out in a home tie...