Official Newcastle United Thread

Dai

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

If you are not going to play Ben Arfa' date='why would you buy Cabella?Same type of player.[/quote']
I do agree' date=' but would personality/temperament be the difference?[/quote']

Ben Arfa is not playing because of his laziness and lack of effort in training. I presume they've seen something in Cabella that impresses them.

I've seen Cabella play but i have no idea what he's like off the pitch or at the training ground.

Plus, i presume he hasn't got a Greggs pasty loyalty card and hasn't put on about 4 stone like Ben Arfa has. :P

Got to check the transfer news for the for time since the window opened.

Seem Jonas is away. He said his goodbyes on twitter and thanked the fans for all the support.

Only other thing that seems to have truth in it is. Luuk de Jong to replace Pappis.

Cant see Remy signing for us as he only seems interested in improving his stock in the transfer window.

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems Jonathyn Quinn is certainly a player to keep an eye on!

He is a player that is rated highly' date=' however we have a tendency to bring youth through extremely slowly. We sent Adam Campbell out on loan to get some footballing experience at lower league level which is the right thing to do and perhaps he may get more of a look in next season, someone who I have raved about for a couple of seasons.

Great to see players coming through they just need to be nurtured in the right way. We had Dummett getting game time early in the season with rumours he had ousted Haidara as our back up at LB only for Haidara to be favoured recently since he is back to full fitness.

We do have a very good youth set up and infrastructure here is hoping that we benefit in years to come. We use to produce some wonderful players (Waddle, Beardsley Gazza) are the names that everyone will know and it would be great if we can produce players with half of there ability. Having Beardsley as the head of footballing development should be inspiration enough for any upcoming players. A model professional who was a true genius and a Newcastle legend. [/font']

A few different sources reporting that we hope to have the deal for Luuk De Jong completed before the game at Norwich this week.

A good signing, who provides something different in attack. An aerial presence which we've been lacking somewhat.

Nicollin has said we need to pay 85m for Cabella, also. He really is the French Dave Whelan isn't he? What a nutter.

A few different sources reporting that we hope to have the deal for Luuk De Jong completed before the game at Norwich this week.

A good signing' date=' who provides something different in attack. An aerial presence which we've been lacking somewhat.

Nicollin has said we need to pay 85m for Cabella, also. He really is the French Dave Whelan isn't he? What a nutter.[/quote']

Yeah, I read that about De Jong on a few websites. A signing like that would excite me. Saying that, I'm probably in a very small minority and I'll probably get laughed at for saying this but I don't care, that wants Cisse to get a few starts. I know Remy got a goal against West Ham but he'd been poor for over a month before that IMO.

I'm not really bothered if we sign anyone as long as we keep Cabaye until at least the summer. I have read on so many websites that the Cabella deal will go ahead in the summer. That will probably mean Ben Arfa leaving which would be gutting.

Yeah' date=' I read that about De Jong on a few websites. A signing like that would excite me. Saying that, I'm probably in a very small minority and I'll probably get laughed at for saying this but I don't care, that wants Cisse to get a few starts. I know Remy got a goal against West Ham but he'd been poor for over a month before that IMO.

I'm not really bothered if we sign anyone as long as we keep Cabaye until at least the summer. I have read on so many websites that the Cabella deal will go ahead in the summer. That will probably mean Ben Arfa leaving which would be gutting.[/quote']

I'm exactly the same mate. I'm having this exact discussion on the Bundesliga thread right now. I love Cisse and would love to see him get some games and bag a couple, just to get some confidence back.

It's starting to look like Cabaye will stay until summer at least - I hope. That said, if PSG come in with a moneybags offer for him, no doubt we'll accept it and move the Cabella deal forward.

Ben Arfa is another one. I love watching him when he's on form but at present he's just too lazy. I thought benching him might really spur him on to try a bit harder but now Pardew seems scared to change our starting XI.

Loic Remy am not fused on tbh. Seems like a greedy mug who is only out for himself.

Remy who we are linked with seems a real gem

It seems Cabaye will go maybe not now but in the summer for sure.

Would love to see the De Jong Brothers signing for Newcastle as rumored.

I think with Siem it just a waiting game to see how cheapo we can get him for after Cabaye goes.

Loic Remy am not fused on tbh. Seems like a greedy mug who is only out for himself.

Remy who we are linked with seems a real gem.

Aye? :P

Remy, Cabaye & Ben Arfa out.

Luuk De Jong, Siem De Jong & Remy Cabella in.

You'd surely walk away with profit from that too.

Would be very very interesting if something along those lines happened.

Aye? :P

Remy' date=' Cabaye & Ben Arfa out.

Luuk De Jong, Siem De Jong & Remy Cabella in.

You'd surely walk away with profit from that too.

Would be very very interesting if something along those lines happened.[/quote']

No profit from Remy other than wages. Don't want to lose Cabaye no matter the profit as we'd never replace his ability. We might make money on Hatem but I still don't want to lose him. It's similar to the Mata situation. He doesn't work hard enough for Pardew's 'master plan' but he's too good to sit on a bench every week.

As for the three supposedly on there way in. How well could they adjust to premiership football?

Overall, I think we'd be weaker. :(

No profit from Remy other than wages. Don't want to lose Cabaye no matter the profit as we'd never replace his ability. We might make money on Hatem but I still don't want to lose him. It's similar to the Mata situation. He doesn't work hard enough for Pardew's 'master plan' but he's too good to sit on a bench every week.

As for the three supposedly on there way in. How well could they adjust to premiership football?

Overall' date=' I think we'd be weaker. :([/quote']

You'd be weaker short term. Long term you'll have permanent players who won't get linked away every window.

I'd prefer to keep Remy. If we lose him we have no pace in attack and no proven goalscorer. Cisse's off the boil, Ameobi is Ameobi and De Jong hasn't scored a league goal all season.

Cabella would be a straight swap for Ben Arfa. I still like Ben Arfa and he's a magician at times but he's also lazy.

Siem has been linked with us even longer than his brother. I'd love both of them at Newcastle but i wouldn't want to give up Cabaye for it to happen.

Which leg do they want for that £14m? His right or left? :P

We are in a position where we don't need to sell and if PSG really want him, we can force them to pay a lot more for him. Anything over £25 will probably get it done.

He can score, pass and take set pieces. He's got everything you want in a central midfielder.

We are in a position where we don't need to sell and if PSG really want him' date=' we can force them to pay a lot more for him. Anything over £25 will probably get it done.

He can score, pass and take set pieces. He's got everything you want in a central midfielder.[/quote']

Dont you think 25m is too much for a 28 years old tbh?

We are in a position where we don't need to sell and if PSG really want him' date=' we can force them to pay a lot more for him. Anything over £25 will probably get it done.

He can score, pass and take set pieces. He's got everything you want in a central midfielder.[/quote']

If they bid anywhere in the region of £17m-£20m then I can see you accepting. £25m is excessive

If they bid anywhere in the region of £17m-£20m then I can see you accepting. £25m is excessive

I'd be very surprised if we sold for less than 25m.

In a sane market he's worth 18m.

Given today's crazy prices and PSG's crazy finances, they'll pay 10m more than someones worth.

Not just saying it as a general price bearing in mind He's just got 2 top years ahead of him

I think 3 or 4 seasons to be honest, we've had a lot of amazing midfielders in recent football playing at ages 35-40 these days but I say 3 or 4 seasons cause PSG can easily replace anyone.