Official Newcastle United Thread

Dai

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Just cause they're money bags.

Although he's been immense I'd still say 25m is a little too much.

So are PSG. We've seen with teams like PSG and Man City that they'll pay way above a sensible market value.

He's our best player, the centre of our team. We don't need to sell and we have a massive derby coming up against Sunderland.

I can see us rejecting all advances and waiting until the summer to be honest.

I think 3 or 4 seasons to be honest' date=' we've had a lot of amazing midfielders in recent football playing at ages 35-40 these days but I say 3 or 4 seasons cause PSG can easily replace anyone.[/quote']

Yeah possibly

But still thinking who'd he be replacing really havent really seen PSG this season but the midfield seems to be Rabiot,Verratti,Matuidi,Motta.Whats you say?

What is the crack with Ben Arfa? You guys are talking about a potential exit' date=' yet the last I heard about 2 weeks ago was that you were in contract talks with him over a long term contract...

Cabaye would be a huge loss, and irreplaceable.[/quote']

It depends what Ben Arfa is happy with i guess.

We've seen recently we're actually better without him on the pitch. He's great coming off the bench as an impact sub to run at tired legs and he can do some serious damage in that role.

When he starts though, he doesn't track back, he doesn't defend and for large parts of games he simply doesn't try.

If he wants to stay and be apart of the squad and still be that impact player who can win games, then by all means snap his hands off and get that contract extension signed.

If he complains and wants a starting role again, then sadly i think we'll ship him out.

I love to watch him when he's at his brilliant best but he needs to put in more effort. It looks as if we have his replacement lined up in Cabella.

Yeah possibly

But still thinking who'd he be replacing really havent really seen PSG this season but the midfield seems to be Rabiot' date='Verratti,Matuidi,Motta.Whats you say?[/quote']

The likely one to rotate is Verratti in my opinion. Rabiot is still fairly young yet.

I think in the current market he is worth 25m. As Guerilla rightly stated he has all the tools to succeed at a bigger club, the attributes he possesses I would suggest would allow him to play at the top level for a good 4 seasons.

When a player who relies on pace for example loses that yard of pace he loses a huge part of his game, Cabaye isn't the quickest, what he does have is great technical ability, vision and an eye for a pass, though the only issue will be having the legs in his 30s to influence a game for the entirety of it.

The likely one to rotate is Verratti in my opinion. Rabiot is still fairly young yet.

Verratti's been very good I've heard but I dont think they need a midfielder they rather should concentrate on getting Matuidi wrapped up to a new contract maybe he's a summer replacement for Matuidi?

Verratti's been very good I've heard but I dont think they need a midfielder they rather should concentrate on getting Matuidi wrapped up to a new contract maybe he's a summer replacement for Matuidi?

The reason they're looking for a new midfielder is that Rabiot has torn his cruciate and is out for the long term.

They need depth to challenge for the Champions League and need a midfielder who isn't cup-tied in the Champions League.

Pjanic and Cabaye are their two targets.

They only have three experienced midfielders and those are the ones you stated.

The reason they're looking for a new midfielder is that Rabiot has torn his cruciate and is out for the long term.

They need depth to challenge for the Champions League and need a midfielder who isn't cup-tied in the Champions League.

Pjanic and Cabaye are their two targets.

Hmm sound decent especially for a club like PSG and Motta wont last for long esp.

I'm very worried that if the offer for Cabaye gets over £16m then he'll be gone. Fat Mike will rub his hands together at a £10m profit for one player. :(

No doubt there will be an offer above that' date=' and its more and more likely he will come to United, who can pay way more then that for him if needed.[/color']

Cabaye is just what we need and would fit into our squad like a jem.

smileys-confused-731584.gif

No doubt there will be an offer above that' date=' and its more and more likely he will come to United, who can pay way more then that for him if needed.[/color']

Cabaye is just what we need and would fit into our squad like a jem.

smileys-confused-731584.gif

If PSG want him then they will easily match any offer. I'd think Cabaye would prefer to go home too.

If he goes to United I will hate him!

PSG have sent a contingent to Newcastle today to tie up the deal for Cabaye.

Newcastle believed to be firm on the 25m offer. So say all the journalists and 'French football experts' anyway.

Typical Newcastle. We'll sell with no time to buy a replacement.

The local press are saying they have no intention on replacing him. They are more interested is signing Remy and DeJong

It really winds me up the way they act in interviews. I wish for once they'd come out and act like every other club " No, he's not for sale, duck off".

Everytime they give an interview and any player is mentioned they do that much of a 'come and get him' plea that they may as well hoy the signs up for Comic Relief.

"Can you raise 25m and help Yohan get out of this horrible situation, where he has to assist for Shola Ameobi?"

I wouldn't care if we actually had an ambitious chairman who would sell Cabaye for 25m then bring in the De Jong brothers and Cabella for a combined 25-30m. But he'll sell Cabaye right before the derby on Saturday and not bring a single player in.

Pardew was quoted as saying "We're getting a bit closer to signing someone outside of the Cabaye scenario". A bit Alan!? There's four days left!

We'll see what kind of club we are come Friday.

We're now being heavily linked with Grenier as Cabaye's replacement.

Yeah good one Sky Sports. Newcastle sign TWO players in four days? Behave.

I still don't understand why we're trying to sign De Jong for 8.5m when we could put that money towards the 16m that Harry wants for Remy.

Idiots. I lose more and more faith with this club with every passing day.

We're now being heavily linked with Grenier as Cabaye's replacement.

Yeah good one Sky Sports. Newcastle sign TWO players in four days? Behave.

I still don't understand why we're trying to sign De Jong for 8.5m when we could put that money towards the 16m that Harry wants for Remy.

Idiots. I lose more and more faith with this club with every passing day.

I'd rather pay £8.5m for De Jong than £16m on Remy. I just don't think Remy is worth that much.

Wouldn't mind Grenier but I'm still hoping we keep Cabaye, obviously.

I'd rather pay £8.5m for De Jong than £16m on Remy. I just don't think Remy is worth that much.

Wouldn't mind Grenier but I'm still hoping we keep Cabaye' date=' obviously.[/quote']

He's joint 3rd top scorer in the Premier League at the moment. He's lightning quick, can finish in the box, can round goalkeepers comfortably, he can head the ball. If we don't pay it, someone else will and i feel like we'll only regret letting him go.

De Jong hasn't done anything in 2 years. I'm skeptical but ready to be proved wrong.

Without Remy and Cabaye's goals this season we're nothing.

Grenier would be a great signing but i don't know if he has the bite that Cabaye has in the middle of the park.