Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m

Sky sources: Newcastle make an undisclosed but substantial bid for Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier #SSN

Lyon chairman says he for sale!

Newcastle have cash in the bank!

Joe kinnear

Hmmmmm can't see how this can go wrong.........

Not

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m

Sky sources: Newcastle make an undisclosed but substantial bid for Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier #SSN

This is the kind of level of player that we need to be signing to replace Cabaye.

It appears our chairman is learning. If you're going to sell your best player, you then have to buy someone of quality to replace him.

I'm still skeptical if this will actually happen given that Lyon turned down an 18m offer from Napoli for Gonalons just recently.

Cabaye has been playing in the No.10 role recently and although Grenier doesn't have Cabaye's 'bite', he'll certainly be able to fill in that No.10 role more than adequately.

This is the kind of level of player that we need to be signing to replace Cabaye.

It appears our chairman is learning. If you're going to sell your best player' date=' you then have to buy someone of quality to replace him.

I'm still skeptical if this will actually happen given that Lyon turned down an 18m offer from Napoli for Gonalons just recently.

Cabaye has been playing in the No.10 role recently and although Grenier doesn't have Cabaye's 'bite', he'll certainly be able to fill in that No.10 role more than adequately.[/quote']

I would not get to excited, he ain't a patch on Cabaye IMO.

Different types of player admittedly but don't think Grenier is really that hot at all.

Could be Shola last derby Guys!!!!.

Have Faith!!

Iron Mike at the back Shola and Luuk up front. Suderland in for a thrashing :eek:

Cabaye and De Jong moves are both official now.

EDIT: Wouldn't count on nabbing Grenier lol

Well lyon chairman has not laughed off our bid like the ones for gomis in the summer. So that's a good sign. :D

Still plenty of time to mess it up

I have heard of him but i have never seen him play.

Edit: Interesting to hear Luuk say him and his Uncle where invited to Newcastle 8 years ago which they took up. Take it we have been after him for a while.

I would not get to excited' date=' he ain't a patch on Cabaye IMO.

Different types of player admittedly but don't think Grenier is really that hot at all.[/quote']

He's not at Cabaye's level and he's a different type of player but i believe he's the type of player that we need to be going for to replace Cabaye.

He's only 23, he's not even remotely hit his prime yet and he's already in the French national set-up.

He lacks the bite and determination that Cabaye has and i think he'll be one of those players where it takes him a season to get used to England but if we can deploy him behind the striker in that No.10 role that Cabaye has seen occupying recently and take away some of the defensive responsibilities he'd have then i think he'd do well.

That said, I'm not even confident we'll get him. I've seen enough Newcastle problems to know that until i see the player holding the black and white stripes, it's not complete.

I don't know if Lyon have accepted our offer or not? We've gone from 'Making a substantial bid' this morning to 'talks are ongoing for Grenier' now.

We'll see.

I quite like the sound of this RÉMY CABELLA in the summer.

Him on one wing and pork pie on the other

From what I have seen of him I think he actually to me looks a better player than Grenier...

Not convinced by Grenier but then I don't watch them much bar in Europe, always liked the look of Cabella though very busy little player.

From what I have seen of him I think he actually to me looks a better player than Grenier...

Not convinced by Grenier but then I don't watch them much bar in Europe' date=' always liked the look of Cabella though very busy little player.[/quote']

From what I heard in the media his dad seems well keen for him to move to Newcastle.

Maybe he had a jolly's boy outing with Fatmike and Joe /hiccup

Not convinced by Grenier but then I don't watch them much bar in Europe' date=' always liked the look of Cabella though very busy little player.[/quote']

From what I heard in the media his dad seems well keen for him to move to Newcastle.

Maybe he had a jolly's boy outing with Fatmike and Joe /hiccup

I'd be surprised if Cabella comes this window.

He's in brilliant form and Montpellier are in a relegation scrap right now.

Worrying notes from Mark Douglas, one of the local journalists.

Worrying quotes from Grenier tonight suggesting deal is nearly dead. He's #nufc ONLY Jan target at the moment, as I understand it.
Bid placed earlier; player (or those close to him) seemed to suggest he wanted deal. But 10million Euro bid not enough.
#nufc now considering whether to table another bid but its all gone quiet. That money might well roll over to the summer, you know...

10m Euro's is a pathetic sum really. The way the talks were rumoured to have moved on so quickly today i thought they must have offered 15m plus.

Like he also just pointed out though, Grenier is at an Awards banquet put on by Lyon tonight so he's hardly going to say he's off.

I think lyon are looking 12million.

anyhow I see we have appealed Remy redcard? They must have been told they have a chance of getting it over turned since Pards said no 100% the other day?

I think it's probably based on the fact Norwich have appealed it as well. We'd look stupid if we didn't appeal Remy's and Johnsons gets overturned.

I'm not holding my breath but the FA deemed this wasn't violent conduct:

BfGbWdGIEAIIQVz.jpg

So you never know.

Grenier deal rejected by Lyon, typical of us. If the rumours are to be believed Lyon want 12m and we offered 8.5m. A waiting game to see if we go in with a renewed bid, leaving it late in typical Newcastle fashion.

The Remy 3 match ban is upheld and he will have to sit out the next 3 games.

Oh now this is laughable. I misread it' date=' and Johnsons appeal has been upheld.

There we have it kids. If in doubt, just dive. Another fine example by the FA. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Johnson done Nothng wrong though so why should he get three games???

Remy put his head into Johnson's who from what I see did nothing wrong apart from react like a pansy but there is no ruling about suspended matches for acting like a pansy.