Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Johnson done Nothng wrong though so why should he get three games???

Remy put his head into Johnson's who from what I see did nothing wrong apart from react like a pansy but there is no ruling about suspended matches for acting like a pansy.

Na, he just kicks Remy first and instigates the incident. :rolleyes:

They both had their heads into each other.

Remy's was never getting overturned but neither one of them gets sent off if it wasn't for Johnsons reaction.

Whether it's my player or not, i just cannot stand that reaction from a grown man to try and get another player sent off. It's a bit of handbags, a bit of pushing and shoving, a bit of squaring up acting like the alpha male, now just get on with the game. I hated it when Perch did it against Reina - Although Perch's reaction was comical!

We have a knack in England to talk about 'flimsy foreigners' but more and more its the British players who are doing it.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Na' date=' he just kicks Remy first and instigates the incident. :rolleyes:

They both had their heads into each other.

Remy's was never getting overturned but neither one of them gets sent off if it wasn't for Johnsons reaction.

Whether it's my player or not, i just cannot stand that reaction from a grown man to try and get another player sent off. I hated it when Perch did it against Reina - Although Perch's reaction was comical!

We have a knack in England to talk about 'flimsy foreigners' but more and more its the British players who are doing it.[/quote']

Hardly a kick the way you describe it, not a red card offence is it?!!

Pushed each other in the chest but Remy was the one who put his head into Johnson's not the other way round.

If you stick your head into somebody else's face you run the risk of getting sent off regardless of if you head but them or not, Remy would know that and is stupidity from himself.

Johnson may have reacted like a big girl's blouse but that don't mean he should be suspended nothing in the rule book about that and you could suspend 40 players a week if we gave out retrospective punishment for exaggerating a wide range of incidents.

Remy deserved to be sent off and is all his own fault, he gave Johnson the opportunity to react like that.

Correct decision by the FA according to the rules in place.

Remy's appeal has been rejected and so has Johnsons.

Newcastle have approached Serbian midfielder Filip Duricic. The same lad who was meant to be on his way to Celtic two days ago. Getting desperate.

Anyone really seen him play?

Is that Filip Djuricic from Benfica? If so, then I have seen him play but that was for Heerenveen before he moved in the summer. He was tipped for greatness. Not sure whats happened but he hasn't featured much for Benfica.

Hardly a kick the way you describe it' date=' not a red card offence is it?!!

Pushed each other in the chest but Remy was the one who put his head into Johnson's not the other way round.

If you stick your head into somebody else's face you run the risk of getting sent off regardless of if you head but them or not, Remy would know that and is stupidity from himself.

Johnson may have reacted like a big girl's blouse but that don't mean he should be suspended nothing in the rule book about that and you could suspend 40 players a week if we gave out retrospective punishment for exaggerating a wide range of incidents.

Remy deserved to be sent off and is all his own fault, he gave Johnson the opportunity to react like that.

Correct decision by the FA according to the rules in place.[/quote']

"He gave Johnson the opportunity to react like that" Goodness grief. When did the World get so soft?

But you say "Its hardly a kick". It's hardly violent conduct the way Remy moves his head marginally forward. I've seen people kiss their grandmothers with more force. If it's hardly a headbutt and hardly a kick, what's the difference. As you said "By the rules in place" both are a sending off. You know, by the rules.

I didn't think Remy's would get overturned in all fairness. But how come they didn't ban Shelvey for his headbutt on Debuchy? It's with a lot more force than Remy's. Consistency is all we ask for. :rolleyes:

Is that Filip Djuricic from Benfica? If so' date=' then I have seen him play but that was for Heerenveen before he moved in the summer. He was tipped for greatness. Not sure whats happened but he hasn't featured much for Benfica.[/quote']

Yeah, that's him. This is from vitor_mfc.

Haven't played much for Benfica' date=' but from the little i've seen of him in Portugal, Heerenveen and for Serbia he's a very good player.[/quote']

"He gave Johnson the opportunity to react like that" Goodness grief. When did the World get so soft?

But you say "Its hardly a kick". It's hardly violent conduct the way Remy moves his head marginally forward. I've seen people kiss their grandmothers with more force. If it's hardly a headbutt and hardly a kick' date=' what's the difference. As you said "By the rules in place" both are a sending off. You know, by the rules.

I didn't think Remy's would get overturned in all fairness. But how come they didn't ban Shelvey for his headbutt on Debuchy? It's with a lot more force than Remy's. Consistency is all we ask for. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's him. This is from vitor_mfc.[/quote']

It was not a kick the way you are trying to imply not a sending off offence by the rule book. What Remy did IS though.

The reason is very simple Remy got sent off and Shelvey did not, the referee saw the incident at the time and done nothing about helvey so by the FA rule book as the referee had seen it they cannot go back and issue any retrospective punishment. Remy got sent off so it is viewed as violent conduct and then carries an automatic three game ban.

No point getting angry at me those be the rules whether you or I agree with them is a moot point. Personally I think most of the FA rules are completely bonkers just trying to explain the process of how they came to that decision.

It was not a kick the way you are trying to imply not a sending off offence by the rule book. What Remy did IS though.

The reason is very simple Remy got sent off and Shelvey did not' date=' the referee saw the incident at the time and done nothing about helvey so by the FA rule book as the referee had seen it they cannot go back and issue any retrospective punishment. Remy got sent off so it is viewed as violent conduct and then carries an automatic three game ban.

No point getting angry at me those be the rules whether you or I agree with them is a moot point. Personally I think most of the FA rules are completely bonkers just trying to explain the process of how they came to that decision.[/quote']

Sorry mate, I'm not trying to come across as being angry at you.

I know the rules and the process and i said as soon as we appealed that Remy's wouldn't get overturned. I'm just surprised that Johnson's did. They both get sent off during the game for essentially a scuffle. Johnson kicks out at Remy, Remy reacts and both shove each back and forward. Both players then put their heads together and Remy pushes forward. It's not a 'headbutt' per say and i certainly wouldn't class it as 'violent conduct'.

The message the FA are sending out for that is that it's OK as a grown man to act like Bradley Johnson did :rolleyes:. Like you said there is no rule against acting like a pansy, but by God it's embarrassing.

I was actually under the impression that the FA looked at Shelvey's after the game and ruled it as not violent conduct. I could be wrong though.

Remy deserved to be sent off. He put his head towards Johnson no matter how Johnson reacted, Remy was stupid! Johnson squared up to him but didn't really do very much to warrant being sent off, IMO.

The challenge that led to a free kick was a normal challenge. It earned a free kick and that should have been the end of it.

That's why I haven't said much about it other than how stupid I think Remy was.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 1h

Newcastle are eyeing a move for West Ham midfielder Mark Noble #whufc #nufc

A week after Yohan Cabaye tore Mark Noble apart at Upton Park?

It wouldn't surprise me, sadly. It has Joe Kinnear all over it.

Yohan Cabaye. Clement Grenier. Siem De Jong. Mark Noble.

How can we decline so quickly in 24 hours? :rolleyes:

A week after Yohan Cabaye tore Mark Noble apart at Upton Park?

It wouldn't surprise me' date=' sadly. It has Joe Kinnear all over it.

Yohan Cabaye. Clement Grenier. Siem De Jong. Mark Noble.

How can we decline so quickly in 24 hours? :rolleyes:[/quote']

I'd rather just give that young lad you got from Coventry a few years ago more games.

I'd rather just give that young lad you got from Coventry a few years ago more games.

Me too. Bigirimana.

He's looked very good in the few games that he's played.

Even if we don't replace Cabaye, our midfield is still Tiote, Anita and Sissoko.

Mark Noble isn't getting into that trio so why not use Bigi as a back-up rather than Noble?

That's a pile if crud that's just some jurno having fun. Where we not linked to him last year?

There are rumors that we only made one bid for grienier and did not enter talks at all!!!

Now that is more like Newcastle.

Cabaye replacement is already at the club. We had them in since the past two windows when we thought we where getting 30millions.

That's why I would like the other Remy but that rumored to happen in the summer.

As for Remy his actions do not surprise me at all. He a selfish rat. Would not care if he pulled a newcastle shirt on again.

All my hopes are on dejong lol dunno how that will turn out but the lad certainly has got talent.

I would also like Seim at the club. Have a dutch backbone instead of a french one :D

It seems like nothing happening at Newcastle right now.

Two Premier League clubs are chasing an unnamed Belgian striker. The Belgian club want a large fee, the two clubs just want a loan for now.

I presume it's Batshuayi, and I'd suspect one of the clubs is WBA but no idea of the other one.

Pardew still seems to think the Grenier deal is on given the way he's talking, but i'd suspect that is dead in the water.

I honestly don't think we'll sign anyone.

Although in the last few minutes an unnamed Premier League club has made a bid for Wes Hoolahan. For god sake, i bet it's us!

It seems like nothing happening at Newcastle right now.

Two Premier League clubs are chasing an unnamed Belgian striker. The Belgian club want a large fee' date=' the two clubs just want a loan for now.

I presume it's Batshuayi, and I'd suspect one of the clubs is WBA but no idea of the other one.

Pardew still seems to think the Grenier deal is on given the way he's talking, but i'd suspect that is dead in the water.

I honestly don't think we'll sign anyone.

Although in the last few minutes an unnamed Premier League club has made a bid for Wes Hoolahan. For god sake, i bet it's us![/quote']

What Newcastle signing nobody...what a shock ;)

Where is Joe Effin Kinner and his direct line to any manager in Europe :P

I know it is wrong to laugh at others misfortune but Newcastle make it so easy to do so......

We're laughing at ourselves at the minute as well to be quite honest.

It's criminal that they've known about Cabaye leaving for six months and have done nothing.

All said and done, i still think we'll beat that lot tomorrow.

Is anyone surprised we dint sign anyone?

Says it all when the NorthEast skysports representative was in cardiff lol.

Think I watched Skysports up until 11 yesterday morning then turned it over.

We should of had 1 or 2 in this windows as I foresee a summer overhaul which could see us in trouble Next year.

Colo will be going. Shola is gone. It's clear we trying to flog Pappis for over 10 million and there seems to be interest in the player.

I expect Hatem to be good the rest of the season which will see him leave the club in the summer.

What a a week top it all off lost my job as the bank closed us down and have to wait months for my redundancy :(