Sign in to follow this  
Dai

Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle United Thread

Give Pardew a new deal! :D

He tends to dick himself out of holes to be fair.

I think his contract is lengthy enough. Youngsters like Dummett' date=' Abeid, Ameobi, Perez have been really consistent in recent weeks and with Colback and Janmaat settling quickly as well as Sissoko's upsurge in form we do have the nucleus of a decent side.

Going all out for Lacazette in January who has been on fire in France for Lyon and has scored again today would be a huge boost to our goal shy team.

Edit: After such a shocking start to the season 4 wins and a draw have now moved us up to 7th and worst we can be by 6pm is 8th.[/font']

Wow what another great performance by you lot. Things have really turned around for the toons. I really had You lot for relegation after the first few games. ?

Who would of thought that Newcastle would ever be on par with Manchester United on points :eek: Hope this fine form continues for you lot. ?

Looks like Newcastle are playing themselves out of the PL. That would be really a shame.

However, if they can get their act together, their schedule for the rest of the season is very forgiving, against three teams that have virtually nothing to play for (seen that QPR is relegated by when you play them), one team without attack and two without defences. So, it is still really all up to Newcastle themselves.

Any news from the ground, who would be playing for Newcastle against WBA? I think this is a match that is extremely winnable and could sparkle the final sprint that Newcastle needs to start exactly now. I think that the recently signed foreign players in particular should be playing their best for the fear of playing in Championship next season.

Edit: That said, Carver seems completely inapt to make that change. They should make an emergency change of manager now.

Wow what another great performance by you lot. Things have really turned around for the toons. I really had You lot for relegation after the first few games. ?

Who would of thought that Newcastle would ever be on par with Manchester United on points :eek: Hope this fine form continues for you lot. ?

Some blame Ashley, some blame Pardew for leaving, some blame Carver for his nondescript managerial abilities but myself I blame Tony for jinxing the Toon with the above post, off with his head! :P

Looks like Newcastle are playing themselves out of the PL. That would be really a shame.

I think it is better for the club to play in the lower divions for a couple of years. They need time to clean up the big mess and rebuild a new team of staff members and 1st team players. If they succeed, Newcastle can probably return in the PL

I think it is better for the club to play in the lower divions for a couple of years. They need time to clean up the big mess and rebuild a new team of staff members and 1st team players. If they succeed' date=' Newcastle can probably return in the PL[/quote']

How is it better for the club? We would be in an even worse position than we are in now. We have a billonaire owner who refuses to spend big and thinks he can run a premier league club the same way he runs his low budget sports shops.

When you have a businessman whose sole purpose in life is to make huge amounts of money then it is blatantly obvious the club will suffer. The only big mess is Fat Mike and his clueless attitude to running a successful football club. Might be an astute businessman but does not have a clue when it comes to football.

How is it better for the club? We would be in an even worse position than we are in now. We have a billonaire owner who refuses to spend big and thinks he can run a premier league club the same way he runs his low budget sports shops.

When you have a businessman whose sole purpose in life is to make huge amounts of money then it is blatantly obvious the club will suffer. The only big mess is Fat Mike and his clueless attitude to running a successful football club. Might be an astute businessman but does not have a clue when it comes to football.

He does have a point though. Although you will have some big players leave, but this will certainly give a shake up to that fatty sitting up there. May even leave because of not getting enough profit and this may well start a new era for Newcastle. For the time being, if you stay he'll carry on with this ridiculous attitude towards the club and that life long Newcastle fan as your manager.

I think what you did with Pardew was very wrong. The same protest should have been done against the owner rather then the manager who got you 5th few seasons ago. Surely he had his short comings but you can't do much with such a tiny budget.

He does have a point though. Although you will have some big players leave' date=' but this will certainly give a shake up to that fatty sitting up there. May even leave because of not getting enough profit and this may well start a new era for Newcastle. For the time being, if you stay he'll carry on with this ridiculous attitude towards the club and that life long Newcastle fan as your manager.

I think what you did with Pardew was very wrong. The same protest should have been done against the owner rather then the manager who got you 5th few seasons ago. Surely he had his short comings but you can't do much with such a tiny budget.[/quote']

The protests were more vehement towards Ashley than they ever were to Pardew. I have already stated that it was not the whole fan base that wanted Pardew out, I was at most of the home games under Pardew this season and not being a season ticket holder I sat in all areas of the ground and it was not the majority shouting for his head.

You clearly no very little about Ashley as well, his arrogance is unbelievable and a drop down to the Championship will still see a shrewd businessman turn over a profit, he will sell off the players and buy lower league players on low wages and the decline will just spiral until he has bled the club dry.

He is a businessman first, a businessman second and football man third. Who wants to buy a club that is in such turmoil especially for the fee Ashley will want. He will also want back the millions he loaned the club which is what has put of any potential buyers in the past, so no relegation is far from the best thing that can happen to the club.

I cling to the vain hope that (if we do stay up) the brush with relegation will be the kick up the backside he needs to back the club with the cash we so desperately need to strengthen in all departments and we go all out for a decent manager.

The protests were more vehement towards Ashley than they ever were to Pardew. I have already stated that it was not the whole fan base that wanted Pardew out, I was at most of the home games under Pardew this season and not being a season ticket holder I sat in all areas of the ground and it was not the majority shouting for his head.

You clearly no very little about Ashley as well, his arrogance is unbelievable and a drop down to the Championship will still see a shrewd businessman turn over a profit, he will sell off the players and buy lower league players on low wages and the decline will just spiral until he has bled the club dry.

He is a businessman first, a businessman second and football man third. Who wants to but a club that is in such turmoil especially for the fee Ashley will want. He will also want back the millions he loaned the club which is what has put of any potential buyers in the past, so no relegation is far from the best thing that can happen to the club.

I cling to the vain hope that (if we do stay up) the brush with relegation will be the kick up the backside he needs to back the club with the cash we so despera tell need to strengthen in all departments and we go all out

Yes your observation is spot on regarding my knowledge as I have unfortunately not been able to visit Tyneside for a while at least not when the uprising to an extent was there. The thing I am basing my argument at is that there were sack Pardew banners and maybe I have.missed them but there.were none for Ashley.

I feel your only hope is a very good manager who can work without funds someone like Koeman but with less financial backing.

I like you guys and hope you stay up but part of me is hoping you go down purely because John Carver mouthed off about Villa earlier in the season and hoped we went town.

The odds are most certainly in your favour.