Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Newcastle official thread

I don't think we can beat Wigan tbh. But I am sure we can beat WHU at home. So will not say no to a bit of help from Newcastle:eek:

Welshman could you just get a message across Keegan to send his players out very fiery and if possible injure drogba' date='Ballack and Joe cole :D:eek:[/quote']

How on Earth do you think I can get a message across to Keegan?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

I don't think we can beat Wigan tbh. But I am sure we can beat WHU at home. So will not say no to a bit of help from Newcastle:eek:

Welshman could you just get a message across Keegan to send his players out very fiery and if possible injure drogba' date='Ballack and Joe cole :D:eek:[/quote']

Wanting any player Injured is a disgraceful attitude to have...

I do hope Chelski win in a way....

Although i am going a bit off topic here i too hope that Chelsea end up winning the league as well as the Champions league as i 100% hate Manchester United. In the CL final i think i will be saying C'mon Chelsea for the first time in my life. :P

Best scenario would be United lose all their games and Chelsea lose to us but win their other game!!!

Sorry, mate gotta disagree with you there. :(

Best scenario would be for Manchester United and Chelsea to lose all of there games, Arsenal to win all of theres and Arsenal win the league. :D

Although i am going a bit off topic here i too hope that Chelsea end up winning the league as well as the Champions league as i 100% hate Manchester United. In the CL final i think i will be saying C'mon Chelsea for the first time in my life. :P

Sorry' date=' mate gotta disagree with you there. :(

Best scenario would be for Manchester United and Chelsea to lose all of there games, Arsenal to win all of theres and Arsenal win the league. :D[/quote']

First bit is not off topic mate.....

I should ask for the thread to be renamed Newcastle official and anti Scum thread...lol

I change my mind...I forgot that Arsenal can mathematically still win....

I hope Chelsea and Man Utd lose all there games too!!!

Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea

Patient first half by Chelsea but they upped it in the second half and played some good football' date='especially Malouda's goal(he actually played well!!!) [b']Can Steve Bruce do Chelsea a favor???[/b]

You really think that Brucie will stop Man Utd winning the League? He would be off SAF's Xmas card list if he did!!:P

I have been reading on various NUFC websites that some of the players we will be after are "huge" players! Also their have been some tabloids saying so (not that I ever listen to them).

Here they are: believe them or not!!

IN:

Bafetimbi Gomis from Saint Ettiene- Various sources. Don't know much about him.

Scott McDonald from Celtic- Daily mail and NUFC.com. I think there are a number of clubs being linked with him.

Vasilis Torossidis from Olympiakos- SkySports. Don't know much about him either.

Diego from Werder Bremen- Various. Not to sure he would want to play for a on Euro Cup playing club.

Carlos Cuellar fro Rangers- Various. I think there will be a lot of interest in him in the summer and it will be hard to keep him at Ibrox.

Djibril Cisse from Marseille- Chronicle. Don't want him, hope this is balls.

Samir Nasri from Marseille- Chronicle. I think he is linked with every big club.

Hugo Lloris from Nice- Observer and UFC.com. Would be good for the future as Given is past his best.

Aaron Ramsey from Cardiff- Various. Would love it if he came to Newcastle but with every club in England supposedly being after him its very unlikely we will get him.

Luis Fabiano from Sevilla- Various. Very doubtful he would come to St. James'.

Stephane Mbia from Rennes- Various. Don't know a lot about him.

OUT:

Jose Enrique to Zaragoza- Various. Good bye!! Glad if its true.

Stephen Carr to Bolton or QPR- Various. Please be true.

James Milner To Borough or Villa- Various. I was gutted when he was linked with a permanent move to Villa. Like him a lot so hope he stays.

Mark Viduka to Pompey or West Ham- Various. If we get a good replacement then don't mind if he goes.

Shola Ameobi to Norwich- Various. Wouldn't miss him too much.

Alan Smith to Sunderland :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Must be a joke!!

Michael Owen to Man City- Various. Hope he can resist a bag load of cash!

I am not sure any will actually happen!!

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I have been reading on various NUFC websites that some of the players we will be after are "huge" players! Also their have been some tabloids saying so (not that I ever listen to them).

Here they are: believe them or not!!

IN:

Bafetimbi Gomis from Saint Ettiene- Various sources. Don't know much about him.

Scott McDonald from Celtic- Daily mail and NUFC.com. I think there are a number of clubs being linked with him.

Vasilis Torossidis from Olympiakos- SkySports. Don't know much about him either.

Diego from Werder Bremen- Various. Not to sure he would want to play for a on Euro Cup playing club.

Carlos Cuellar fro Rangers- Various. I think there will be a lot of interest in him in the summer and it will be hard to keep him at Ibrox.

Djibril Cisse from Marseille- Chronicle. Don't want him' date=' hope this is balls.

[b']Samir Nasri[/b] from Marseille- Chronicle. I think he is linked with every big club.

Hugo Lloris from Nice- Observer and UFC.com. Would be good for the future as Given is past his best.

Aaron Ramsey from Cardiff- Various. Would love it if he came to Newcastle but with every club in England supposedly being after him its very unlikely we will get him.

Luis Fabiano from Sevilla- Various. Very doubtful he would come to St. James'.

Stephane Mbia from Rennes- Various. Don't know a lot about him.

OUT:

Jose Enrique to Zaragoza- Various. Good bye!! Glad if its true.

Stephen Carr to Bolton or QPR- Various. Please be true.

James Milner To Borough or Villa- Various. I was gutted when he was linked with a permanent move to Villa. Like him a lot so hope he stays.

Mark Viduka to Pompey or West Ham- Various. If we get a good replacement then don't mind if he goes.

Shola Ameobi to Norwich- Various. Wouldn't miss him too much.

Alan Smith to Sunderland :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Must be a joke!!

Michael Owen to Man City- Various. Hope he can resist a bag load of cash!

I am not sure any will actually happen!!

If I was KK , this would be my summer plans :

IN :

A young striker .

OUT :

Shay Given . He hasn't been right since that challenge with Harewood .

Alan Smith .

Cacapa . Dreadful IMO

Stephen Carr.

David Rozhenal

Charles N'Zogbia . His attitude stinks and if he doesn't want to be there , then stuff him.

Shola Ameobi.

Welshyman, you said this " Michael Owen to Man City- Various. Hope he can resist a bag load of cash! "

I doubt he would go as he signed a long-term contract with a 110k In it!

Also if Man City are going to set out buying Ronaldinho then I think they wouldn't but Owen. Aswell as that with Man City losing 8 - 1 to Middlesborough I think he would also think twice about that

Welshyman' date=' you said this " Michael Owen to Man City- Various. Hope he can resist a bag load of cash! "

I doubt he would go as he signed a long-term contract with a 110k In it!

Also if Man City are going to set out buying Ronaldinho then I think they wouldn't but Owen. Aswell as that with Man City losing 8 - 1 to Middlesborough I think he would also think twice about that[/quote']

Finishing higher than us means he may think about going to them....

Its very unlikely IMO that Ronaldinho will go to City, its far more realistic that they would go for a player like Owen....

Anyway, those transfer RUMOURS are exactly that....Just rumors!! As I said and you quoted...I doubt that!! Which I do!

Finishing higher than us means he may think about going to them....

Its very unlikely IMO that Ronaldinho will go to City' date=' its far more realistic that they would go for a player like Owen....

Anyway, those transfer [b']RUMOURS[/b] are exactly that....Just rumors!! As I said and you quoted...I doubt that!! Which I do!

I doubt Owen would go to Man City ahead of staying at Newcastle....can only see him leaving St James if a Champions league club comes in for him. How likely that is I don't know....

If Arsenal are willing to pay £15M for Martins I can see him going. Newcastle need the cash (I don't think KK has as much to spend as some of you think)

Another problem is attracting players. As proved with Modric the lures of London & European football are important. I can't see the likes of Nasri & Diego going to Geordie land when most of Europes top top clubs want them.

McDonald, Cuellar, Cisse et al are more realistic, but are they good enough....?

I doubt Owen would go to Man City ahead of staying at Newcastle....can only see him leaving St James if a Champions league club comes in for him. How likely that is I don't know....

If Arsenal are willing to pay £15M for Martins I can see him going. Newcastle need the cash (I don't think KK has as much to spend as some of you think)

Another problem is attracting players. As proved with Modric the lures of London & European football are important. I can't see the likes of Nasri & Diego going to Geordie land when most of Europes top top clubs want them.

McDonald' date=' Cuellar, Cisse et al are more realistic, [b']but are they good enough....?[/b]

In a word...NO!

I think we need some of the better players on that list, but as you say we will have problems attracting them. I have never said that we have any amount of cash and anyone that says they know how much we have is lying. Only Mike Ashley knows how much he will allow Keegan to spend.....

First thing I would do is sack Dennis Wise, what is he doing there? getting payed! Thats it! Its one of the most stupid appointments in football I think...Pointless!!

I would say that I have faith in Keegan bringing in some class unknowns like he has in the past with Ginola and Asprilla(my fave player ever) But I cant see Keegan having the knowledge about these players as he had gone 3 years without really paying attention to football before coming back to us....

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Keegan but think it was too risky for him and Newcastle for him to come back....Hopefully, like in Owens case, I hope I am wrong!!

In a word...NO!

I think we need some of the better players on that list' date=' but as you say we will have problems attracting them. I have never said that we have any amount of cash and anyone that says they know how much we have is lying. Only Mike Ashley knows how much he will allow Keegan to spend.....

First thing I would do is sack Dennis Wise, what is he doing there? getting payed! Thats it! Its one of the most stupid appointments in football I think...Pointless!!

I would say that I have faith in Keegan bringing in some class unknowns like he has in the past with Ginola and Asprilla(my fave player ever) But I cant see Keegan having the knowledge about these players as he had gone 3 years without really paying attention to football before coming back to us....

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Keegan but think it was too risky for him and Newcastle for him to come back....Hopefully, like in Owens case, I hope I am wrong!![/quote']

As stupid as the appointment seems, Wise isn't going anywhere, in fact I'd put decent money on him being the next Newcastle manager....unlucky :D

Keegan will need to pull a few irons out of the fire to get into Europe...I'd say what he said after the Chelsea game is an indication that there are no real funds there

As stupid as the appointment seems' date=' Wise isn't going anywhere, in fact I'd put decent money on him being the next Newcastle manager....unlucky :D

Keegan will need to pull a few irons out of the fire to get into Europe...I'd say what he said after the Chelsea game is an indication that there are no real funds there[/quote']

I think his comments are more to do with his frustration at losing that game and also him knowing that him getting Newcastle to contend with the top 4 is going to be impossible. He wants to go back in like he left the club I think, we were a challenging club back then who everyone grimaced when seeing they were playing us next ( those were the days :):P ). Keegan needs to realize that when he was in charge before it took him 7-8 years to make us into a challenging team, he wont have that long this time around and I hink it is dawning on him.....

I don't see why we wouldn't have a bit of money, we have the third biggest capacity in the Prem so money should be coming in from that, and the fact that the fan base is so massive that we should have money flowing in....

McDonald' date=' Cuellar, Cisse et al are more realistic, but are they good enough.[/color']...?

If Newcastle offer the reported 6m for Scott McDonald then you can have him he's not that good at all and doesn't have much to his game except poaching goal's And although he will and does get away with that in the Spl

he would'nt in the Epl.

Cueller on the other hand is 2wice the player of any Defender Newcastle have at the momment & would do a great job for them or any other Epl side.

If Newcastle offer the reported 6m for Scott McDonald then you can have him he's not that good at all and doesn't have much to his game except poaching goal's And although he will and does get away with that in the Spl

he would'nt in the Epl.

Cueller on the other hand is 2wice the player of any Defender Newcastle have at the momment & would do a great job for them or any other Epl side.

Cuellar is solid and a player I admire and his dogged defending is a main factor in Rangers still being in the UEFA Cup.

I am on the fence a bit with him though...I know we need defenders, we always have needed them but as I have said, we spoil good defenders and make them c.rap....He would be a brilliant signing I suppose but Keegan would have to buy another 2 defenders at least to play with him.....a RB and a LB.....

I actually think we should cash in on Steven Taylor! He is a big lumox and as much as I love the passion and heart he has, he is too often a hindrance rather than a help.....

He was only there 5 or 6 years in total the last time.He got us playing more or less straight away but we were in trouble when he came,so he started from the bottom. He nearly walked out early on because the chairman,Sir John Hall, went back on his word with promised funds,so Keegan sort of went.He came back when the chairman gave the money,for a defender too lol,saved us from relegation when we were bottom for a while and won the league the next season. He is a true legend and i hope he can get us up there again in the EPL,although i doubt he will. The chairman seems stingy so there is not much chance of getting the quality we would need. He is a players player though as he has been there and done it and the respect they have for him always gives him a chance of getting the players,if the chairman will buy.Everyone says he's tactically inept but he has done well at every club he's been at,so thats rubbish. The only Englishman to win the european player of the year award twice,come on Keegan.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very disappointed to see news/rumors that Oba Martins is beinng offered to Liverpool or Arsenal if they want him.....

This would be disastrous I think as he is a very important player for us and very much a part of what makes us tick going forward....

I was angry when I saw that we had signed him from Inter for 10mill+ and he got my beloved Alan Shearer's number 9 shirt...But he has proved that he deserved that shirt for me as he really did impress me in his first season, he can only add to our team surely?

I am very disappointed to see news/rumors that Oba Martins is beinng offered to Liverpool or Arsenal if they want him.....

This would be disastrous I think as he is a very important player for us and very much a part of what makes us tick going forward....

I was angry when I saw that we had signed him from Inter for 10mill+ and he got my beloved Alan Shearer's number 9 shirt...But he has proved that he deserved that shirt for me as he really did impress me in his first season' date=' he can only add to our team surely?[/quote']

Well i don't think we can afford to let him go to be honest, especially not offer him around to teams from the big four! If this is true then it shouldn't be happening, i don't think he's the best player with his back to goal in broken play, but is dangerous in the final third as we all know, great pace and strike etc .. looking for another good forward could be an idea considering Viduka's continued injury problems and Smith's complete lack of ability. But back to your point, yes he does add to the team and is a threat with the ball over the top to him, shouldn't really be looking to sell.

I was angry when I saw that we had signed him from Inter for 10mill+ and he got my beloved Alan Shearer's number 9 shirt...But he has proved that he deserved that shirt for me as he really did impress me in his first season' date=' he can only add to our team surely?[/quote']

Me thinks KK has been told he must sell before he can buy....and Martins is probably your most valuable player