Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Newcastle official thread

Oh mate we definitely need another CF' date=' might be only me but Crouchy is very high on my list of wants....[/quote']

Considering his situation at Liverpool i wouldnt be surprised if we went in for him, personally i wouldn't complain if he came as he is an underrated and underestimated striker who always has an impact on the game he plays in. Not too sure who else we could go for/attract to the club, but Crouch is definitely possible.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

How can a club with the third highest average attendance in the Prem and such a MASSIVE fan base be struggling for money?

I understand that Northern Rock are not much of a help but still....

Mike Ashley has done nothing to impress me yet, well, apart from refusing to go in the directors box at the Stadium of shi.te because they wouldn't let him wear his toon shirt....That made me laugh!!

Its really worrying if Keegan has no money to spend...

I think there are plenty of players that Keegan will get rid of, I just hope its not the important ones!!! Owen and Martins especially!

How can a club with the third highest average attendance in the Prem and such a MASSIVE fan base be struggling for money?

I understand that Northern Rock are not much of a help but still....

Mike Ashley has done nothing to impress me yet' date=' well, apart from refusing to go in the directors box at the Stadium of shi.te because they wouldn't let him wear his toon shirt....That made me laugh!!

Its really worrying if Keegan has no money to spend...

I think there are plenty of players that Keegan will get rid of, I just hope its not the important ones!!! Owen and Martins especially![/quote']

Isn't there a massive debt from the Freddie Shepherd days? Newcastle spent big to get to where they were in the mid to late 90's, back when the TV money wasn't quite as extortionate....and as far as I know have paid big wages for a long time.

Problem is Dai that the players you want rid of probably aren't worth much in the market, whereas if KK thinks can get £15M for Martins and unearth a couple of cheap gems he will probably take the gamble.

Doesn't Owen have some silly release clause in his contract?

Isn't there a massive debt from the Freddie Shepherd days? Newcastle spent big to get to where they were in the mid to late 90's' date=' back when the TV money wasn't quite as extortionate....and as far as I know have paid big wages for a long time.

Problem is Dai that the players you want rid of probably aren't worth much in the market, whereas if KK thinks can get £15M for Martins and unearth a couple of cheap gems he will probably take the gamble.

[b']Doesn't Owen have some silly release clause in his contract?[/b]

One clause that I know of is that if anyone offers the same or more than what we paid for him then he can go....

I knew we had some debts but I thought that we had cleared most of them? Didn't Ashley say he was going to clear some of the debts and invest in new players? He invested in some shody players when Big Sam was there, but did he clear any debts?

All clubs have some debt so we are not really any different, we will struggle if we don't spend....Simple as...

• 4 weeks later...

Talks have started with Michael Owen over a new deal.....Thats good, we need to keep our best players and he is definitely one of them, in an interview he has said.....

"We've just opened contract talks, we are talking

"I've got this season left regardless and we're working on a deal to stay longer. There'll probably be news in a month or two.

"We have got a lot of good players, but our squad wasn't the biggest last year.

"We haven't got a massive squad. We don't want size for the sake of size, but we obviously want quality.

"No one has made any moves in the transfer market, hardly, yet. It always tends to happen later on in the summer.

"We will see who we let go, or who we buy. But obviously I am like any Newcastle supporter and want the better players to come and we don't want to lose our best players either."

Talks of a new contract have opened with Steven Taylor also....Our best defender by a country mile, he isn't even that good, just very passionate....

We have been linked with so many players I am sick of it and will believe them when I see they have actually signed, is doing my head in, all the talk of so many players coming...

iv just had a quick read through and im suprised ! I havent seen a newcastle fan say there club moto " Next year . . . " but im sure its there sometimes.

I think its vitally important that you keep your integral players, being in my opinion owen, Given, Taylor, i think this trio is vitally important to you. Obviously other player have worth aswell. Any players that look very likely to join you ?

iv just had a quick read through and im suprised ! I havent seen a newcastle fan say there club moto " Next year . . . " but im sure its there sometimes.

I think its vitally important that you keep your integral players' date=' being in my opinion owen, Given, Taylor, i think this trio is vitally important to you. Obviously other player have worth aswell. Any players that look very likely to join you ?[/quote']

I wish I had an idea of who Keegan is interested in, I really do....

Next year we will be challenging......:rolleyes::P

No way that he's going to Newcastle. He and his agent are 100% sure he's going to Italy because he wants to go there. I'm sorry to inform you but Arda is not coming to Newcastle' date=' especially after how Emre wasted away here.[/quote']

Emre was injured 90% of the time the past few seasons. Don't see how that's wasted away and when he played he was rather good and the fans enjoyed his style of football.

Well agents are doing what they do best trying to get the most money for themselves and their player..

His agent has said his client does not want to more to Italy but would prefer a move to England or Spain

Now just a few days later his agent Ahmet Bulut said that he wants to play in Italy, rather than England.

We would of had the deal pushed though before Euro08 if we have offered more money but Galatasaray is holding off for 15million. And from what I hear offerrs from Italy are way off the mark

Emre was injured 90% of the time the past few seasons. Don't see how that's wasted away and when he played he was rather good and the fans enjoyed his style of football.

Well agents are doing what they do best trying to get the most money for themselves and their player..

His agent has said his client does not want to more to Italy but would prefer a move to England or Spain

Now just a few days later his agent Ahmet Bulut said that he wants to play in Italy' date=' rather than England.

We would of had the deal pushed though before Euro08 if we have offered more money but Galatasaray is holding off for 15million. And from what I hear offerrs from Italy are way off the mark[/quote']

Well was he injured all last season?

And I'm sure he'll go to Italy, even if the offers are to low I'm sure somebody will eventually hit the price.

Well was he injured all last season?

And I'm sure he'll go to Italy' date=' even if the offers are to low I'm sure somebody will eventually hit the price.[/quote']

Near enough mate. Every time he came back he lasted a few games then he gone again. He was geting fit and Newcastle even give him time off at the end of the season to recover for euro08. How many games did he last? 1

I think he a great player but not worth the wages.

Finally!!

I have seen some targets announced!!!

Derdyiok is a player that Kig Kev is interested in, could be a good addition...

Also, Konchesky is a target, may sort our LB position so we don't have to ply that useless Enrique...

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

Newcastle have signed Argentina winger Jonas Gutierrez from Real Mallorca on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Gutierrez, 24, played in his country's 0-0 World Cup qualifier draw in Brazil last month and is Magpies manager Kevin Keegan's first major summer recruit

Very good singing for us and He wont be on mega bucks :)

KK only been back from holiday now for 1 week(I think)and made a great signing.

Am impressed how the new board will not be held for ransom over wages and player fees anymore and the investment into youth is the way to go. Also the new scouting network.

But we do need players for now. hop fully 2-3 more signing will follow

Finally!!

I have seen some targets announced!!!

Derdyiok is a player that Kig Kev is interested in' date=' could be a good addition...

Also, Konchesky is a target, may sort our LB position so we don't have to ply that useless Enrique...[/quote']

Lol, Konchesky or Enrique? I think I'll take the latter m8 ;) ;) He's only 50 times better than Konchesky :rolleyes: And that's coming from a Fulham fan :eek::D

Well i must say i was very glad to see the signing of Gutierrez, he is certainly i good wide player for us but i also feel the key for us is signing somebody to create the chances from the middle of the park, and string the game together. A flair player, who can open up the game and not simply another central midfield player who sits, gives the easy ball but ultimately doesn't make it happen for us going forward. Don't get me wrong, the sitting midfield role is also key but i feel as though the creativity isn't there, and somebody such as a Kallstrom, Cahill or even Arshavin off the top of my head that can create in the final third, and supply the likes of Gutierrez and Martins in the right areas. The defence is also still a worry, and a good central defender is absolutely vital to any kind of success we wish to have. Carlos Cuellar from Rangers is my first choice, he was superb last season and is in the exact right mould to do a great job for us if that opportunity arose.

• 3 weeks later...

So whats the deal with Fabricio Coloccini.

We get bid accpeted then have terms agreed with Coloccini only for Deportivo to suddley ask for 2 million more than agreed? Now this is what they did with luque and it worked. Are they just doing the same?

On Monday, Marcello Lombilla was suggesting the Argentina international would contact Fifa to try to follow the legal precedent set by Scottish footballer Andy Webster and buy out his contract with the La Liga club.

Now the agent has changed tack and announced to the Spanish media that he has told the Magpies to take their search for a new defender elsewhere.

I think Gutierrez will be rubbish like Luque was and Guthrie will just spend time in the reserves. We need to buy someone who will entertaine the crowd. I think we should buy Andriy Shevchenko because Chelsea will sell him cheap and he could score goals for us because he will have less pressure unlike what he had at Chelsea. Or we could Buy Nicola Zigic from Valencia because he is taller than crouch and can score goals and could suplie them for Michael owen. Oh and good news Man U will be with out Rooney and Ronaldo for when we go to old Trafford so we just need Tevez to get injured we can have a chance of getting a point there.

TOON ARMY! THERE ONLY ONE KEVIN KEEGAN

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Oh and good news Man U will be with out Rooney and Ronaldo for when we go to old Trafford so we just need Tevez to get injured we can have a chance of getting a point there.

TOON ARMY!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/8f/bd/0' date=',10278~3587471,00.jpg[/img']

I think you've forgotten about nearly everybody else who plays for Man Utd who would hammer you .

Manchester United won the Champions League , if you can't remember. Their reserves could probably beat Newcastle .

And a point ? It is very unlikely Newcastle would score . Martins has a knee injury , Owen has the mumps , Alan Smith hasn't scored yet and Andy Carroll is a teenager. And Manchester would still score without Rooney and Ronaldo . They'll have Tevez , probably either Berbatov or Hunterlar.

And you still think you'll get a draw ? :confused: :confused:

Its pretty poor that Ashley wont give Keegan the required funds to get TOP players!

We approached Modric and Aimar. Modric made a good choice in going to Spurs but with Aimar we just wouldn't pay him anough...Its quite annoying, all the other top teams will gamble on paying these wage demands to try and lure the players in but we (Ashley) wont....

All the talk about the 6th richest man in the world wanting to buy the club looks like a load of tosh is a shame as that would be just what we need tbh. Apparently the Indian businessman was twice as rich as Roman Abramovich, which would have been nice....

I have heard we are after Senderos and Collocini, how much truth there is in that I don't know but Keegan has said he wants two defenders. I thought he said he wanted a left back and right back but any defender would be good tbh. Steven Taylor needs world class defenders around him and he will improve immensly I think so please just get some good players in.....

I'm affraid that us toon fans are in for another long and disappointing season....

Hey, there's always next year...:P

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

You think you've got it bad ?

Hartlepool - 100 years old.

Trophy cabinet - Empty. Well we have Danny Wilson's mug of cold tea in . Does that count ?

Transfer speculation - None.

Who Danny Wilson said we would bring in - 5 to 6 people

Who we have - 2 people

The amount paid - £0

How much money the chairman roughly invests - £0.04.

Oh well , we might survive .

• 2 weeks later...

I am watching the Scum vs The Toon and I was wondering why Keegan is playing Guthrie in CM with Butt? Its quite baffling when we have Smith and Geremi on the bench.....

Both teams should of had a penalty so far, overall, a good start, Campbell should have scored for United but a great save stopped that thankfully!

HAWAY THA LADS!

I am watching the Scum vs The Toon and I was wondering why Keegan is playing Guthrie in CM with Butt? Its quite baffling when we have Smith and Geremi on the bench.....

Both teams should of had a penalty so far' date=' overall, a good start, Campbell should have scored for United but a great save stopped that thankfully!

HAWAY THA LADS![/quote']

Given is on fire B)