Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

What a great result for us.....

We show that much fight and we will win games this season....

Guitierrez was outstanding!! Colloccini was rusty to begin with but played well on the whole!

I am quite happy and can wear my Toon shirt with pride tonight!!!

Well done lads!

For anyone that dosent know the biggest result in England this weekend!

:D

Man United 1 - 1 Newcastle

Manchester United shared the first three points of their new Barclays Premier League campaign with a 1-1 draw with Newcastle United at Old Trafford.

Sir Alex Ferguson is unlikely to get too stressed at the loss of two points, given that the Champions finished top last term despite collecting only two from their opening three matches.

But he ended Saturday's match with Patrice Evra providing Wayne Rooney with support up front, revealing the need for another striker in the United ranks.

He will also know that, unless the gap in his desired pool of four forwards can be filled before the transfer window closes in a fortnight, it may be asking too much of his team to complete a title hat-trick - after they could find only a Darren Fletcher equaliser to Obafemi Martins' early opener.

Frazier Campbell was impressive as an individual, and the Red Devils as a whole were a pretty fearful unit in the opening stages before their cutting edge was blunted.

Ryan Giggs could easily have had a penalty when his early free-kick crashed into James Milner, and Shay Given was required to stand firm amid a barrage of United attacks.

two minutes

At one stage, Given even saved with his head as Paul Scholes flashed a shot goalwards.

The hosts' problems were at the back against a Newcastle side aided in no small part by the excellence of one of their Argentinian new boys Jonas Gutierrez.

Gutierrez's claims for a penalty when he was tackled by Nemanja Vidic were invalid - replays showing the former Real Mallorca player was outside the box - but by keeping the United defence on their toes, he seemed to unsettle their whole rearguard.

Martins was not tracked as he leapt alone to meet Milner's corner with enough power to send it past Scholes, who was trying to clear off the line. The pity for Newcastle was that their lead lasted just two minutes.

Evra was getting forward even more than usual and fed Giggs, who struck a low cross to the near post.

In the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo - who was in the stands but will not be seen on the pitch until October - and his suspended compatriot Nani, Fletcher had been given a big hole to fill.

But the Scot is a determined character, and his eye for an opportunity was to be admired as he stole in to steer a first-time effort past Given.

under siege

With the second half taking on a similar pattern to the first, United looked as likely to concede a second as score one.

Martins tested Edwin van der Sar from long range - but then so did Campbell as Given stretched once more to keep the youngster's shot out.

If Martins had been able to keep his header down from point-blank range after United had once again got their marking all wrong from a Milner corner, the hosts really would have been in trouble.

As it was, an increasingly tired-looking Campbell tried his luck before Vidic - who had earlier pulled off a superb tackle to deny Gutierrez a clear run at goal - saw his downward header bounce up on to the crossbar.

Rooney floated a cross-shot on to the roof of Given's net near the end and, having also been booked, bent a free-kick round the post in stoppage time.

But Newcastle were hardly under siege as they collected the point they deserved.

Javier Saviola meeting up with Wise ,Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere this week to strike a deal. Seem to be a loan deal but who knows. maybe one year with option to buy at end

With all these Argentinians coming in and Sunday display looks like we getting back to sexeh football.

Yet another home run in the making for the new management set up thats been slated for the past year

All Critics where praising Jonas Gutierrez and saying it could be the signing of the season they even said Coloccini put in a good shift for a player who speak no english and only had 1 training session before geting threw in at the deep end

Ye i do hope Saviola can be brought in, plus is its a lona Ashley can't complain. If we do get him we shud put Owen Martins and Viduka upfront like last season wiv Saviola off the bench. Then finally sell that pile of s*** :P Smith, he tries his hardest but is truly c*** :P

Also wot Keegan sed about a wow player we need one of them in midfield to supply the strikers, just ion terms of SM i think it needs to be 90+ preferably 91-92. Go on ashley nick arshavin off spurs :D.

Fianlly we need more cover at CB.

We definitly need Warnock as i dont think N'zogbia is really a defender at all, instead he wud be better at LM using his raw pace up the left wing.

Just checked Trejo last season 17 apps and 2 goals not bad at plus he's and argy so has natural skill cud be a good buy if we get our usual Owen injury :rolleyes: .

Pocoognoli made 28 apps and 2 goals aswell this one im not too sure about as he seems a bit like N'zogbia so cant see the need for him.

I mainly think we need a very good attacking midfield player.

dunno about that mainly a winger him he likes beating people he even megged one of the man u players l8 in the game on sunday and drawn a foul.

Plus he is a quality crosser of the ball so that part of his game wud be lost and then who wud u put on the right wing. He has good skill to be in AM role but not for me .

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

dunno about that mainly a winger him he likes beating people he even megged one of the man u players l8 in the game on sunday and drawn a foul.

Plus he is a quality crosser of the ball so that part of his game wud be lost and then who wud u put on the right wing. He has good skill to be in AM role but not for me .

Clearly Gutierrez.

Ye u got a good point there but personally myself i wud rather Ashley put his hand in his pocket and giv keegan the money to go and buy a " WOW "

player as he put it on the interviews. :)

With Guiterrez he cud play enywhere along the attack but on the left wing on sunday he looked perfect, drifting inside now and again maybe shooting and also beating gd players, ( Rooney for one ) but i gess it aint that hard to run away from a big green ogre. :D