Official Newcastle United Thread

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread

They might not be bad' date=' but for whatever reason they are not cutting the mustard. Nolan seems to slow and not sharp enough. Gutierrez has no end product and just dribbles around until he loses the ball. I dont know why players become awful when they join Newcastle, but it has always happened. I cant think of one player who has left us a better player than when they joined.[/quote']

The only reason I beleive that they are not doing well is confidence simple as that, I remember Gutierrez way back against Villa when he spent most of the 2nd half destroying Rio-coker at RB and then eventually got close enough to pass to Martins who scored his 2nd to win the game. Since then he's pretty much gone down hill, don't know why but when your not playing well its hard to pull off an amazing performance.

Although all I really want of Gutierrez is for him to get down the sides nd send a cross in, but he finfs it quite hard to pass the ball so just runs into the corner and gets tackled. :(

Also on a player who has left us a better player I'd have to say Milner, but then again we should never have sold him. :mad:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly do not know where our points are going to come from, we need to pick up points desperately. Newcastle do not deserve to be where they are, no matter who you support yo can not say that Newc

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread northern rock are still continuing to sponsor newcastle?????? pretty sure adidas would have tried to keep newcastle as they've probably been a nice earner for them

Re: Official Newcastle Utd thread I dont mind getting beat, you were the better side. But atleast buy a striker who can score some decent goals, like seriously

The only reason I beleive that they are not doing well is confidence simple as that' date=' I remember Gutierrez way back against Villa when he spent most of the 2nd half destroying Rio-coker at RB and then eventually got close enough to pass to Martins who scored his 2nd to win the game. Since then he's pretty much gone down hill, don't know why but when your not playing well its hard to pull off an amazing performance.

Although all I really want of Gutierrez is for him to get down the sides nd send a cross in, but he finfs it quite hard to pass the ball so just runs into the corner and gets tackled. :(

Also on a player who has left us a better player I'd have to say Milner, but then again we should never have sold him. :mad:[/quote']

When we sold Milner i didnt have a problem with it. He was like Gutierrez in many ways. He would beat his man then check back and try and beat him again, his crossing was hit and miss. £12 Million was a good deal for him at the time. The problem was we didnt use it to sign a better player. :mad: But yes he probably was a better player when he left.

Guest TOM_HEMY

When N'Zogbia first joined he was a hugely talented left winger. Now he's been moulded into a failing LB. :P

correction, a young failed left back;)

This is the Newcastle starting line up and subs I would have at weekend:

Harper

R.Taylor

Colochini (maybe spelt wrong)

S.Taylor

Edgar

DM: Butt

CM: Nolan

CM: Guthrie

AMR: Guttierez

AML: Lovenkrands

CF: Martins

Subs: Forster, Enrique, Geremi, Smith, Duff, Viduka/Owen, Carroll

I think 4-3-3 would be a good formation for Newcastle, especially with the players they have who can play on the wings.

Harper

R.Taylor

S.Taylor

Edgar

Subs: Forster' date=' Enrique, Geremi, Duff, Viduka/Owen, Carroll

I think 4-3-3 would be a good formation for Newcastle, especially with the players they have who can play on the wings.[/quote']

Its colocinni and if he plays we might as well concede the match and give it to villa

id play this myself

GK:Harper

RB:R Taylor

CB:S Taylor

CB: D Edgar

LB: D Duff

RM:J.Guiterrez

CM:K.Nolan

CM: D.Guthrie

LM: P.Lovenkrands

ST:M.Viduka

ST:O.Martins

Its colocinni and if he plays we might as well concede the match and give it to villa

id play this myself

CB:D Edgar

LB:D Duff

RM:Guiterrez

CM:Nolan

CM:Guthrie

LM:Lovenkrands

ST:Viduka

ST:Martins

I think if Newcastle got the ball down the flanks to players like Gutierrez and Lovenkrands, then they could be a real threat going forward and Martins could get some good service.

What about:

4-2-3-1

Harper

R.Taylor

Colocinni

S.Taylor

Edgar

DM: Guthrie

AMC: Nolan

I think that the three players behind Martins could be a big threat to the opposition as well as give Martins good service. Also, Butt and Guthrie might be able to be useful both attacking wise and defensively, as they could make good tackles tracking back and intercept passes but attacking wise I think they could play good passes to the attacking threats and play nice (long and short) passes that catch out the opposition.

Harper

R.Taylor

S.Taylor

Edgar

Subs: Forster' date=' Enrique, Geremi, Duff, Viduka/Owen, Carroll

I think 4-3-3 would be a good formation for Newcastle, especially with the players they have who can play on the wings.[/quote']

No it's Coloty.

Harper

R.Taylor

S.Taylor

Edgar

Subs: Forster' date=' Enrique, Geremi, Smith, Duff, Viduka/Owen, Carroll

id play this myself

CB: D Edgar

LB: D Duff

RM:J.Guiterrez

CM:K.Nolan

CM: D.Guthrie

LM: P.Lovenkrands

ST:M.Viduka

ST:O.Martins

I think if Newcastle got the ball down the flanks to players like Gutierrez and Lovenkrands' date=' then they could be a real threat going forward and Martins could get some good service.

What about:

4-2-3-1

Harper

R.Taylor

Colocinni

S.Taylor

Edgar

DM: Guthrie

AMC: Nolan

I think that the three players behind Martins could be a big threat to the opposition as well as give Martins good service. Also, Butt and Guthrie might be able to be useful both attacking wise and defensively, as they could make good tackles tracking back and intercept passes but attacking wise I think they could play good passes to the attacking threats and play nice (long and short) passes that catch out the opposition.[/quote']

Well heres the actual team:

Harper' date=' Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Edgar, Duff, Guthrie, Nolan, Butt, Lovenkrands, Viduka, Martins.

Subs: Krul, Jose Enrique, Owen, Smith, Gutierrez, Ameobi, Ryan Taylor.[/quote']

Looks like Toonfanforlife and Motty were quite close with their guesses, Ryan Taylor and Gutierrez dropped though.

PS First ever multi-quote :D

Well heres the actual team:

Looks like Toonfanforlife and Motty were quite close with their guesses' date=' Ryan Taylor and Gutierrez dropped though.

PS First ever multi-quote :D[/quote']

Congrats on the multi quote. ;)

Here it is.

Crunch time. I think Gutierez wuld have been a good sub though, he was great against Villa when we beat them earlier in the season and would have made an impact if brought on.

Ah well.

90 mins decides our fate. Fingers well and truly crossed.!