Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

BenReado

Re: Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

PSV WIN WITH RESERVE SIDE

201.gif

PSV beat Anderlecht 2-0 in game witch saw 3 red cards and 1 yellow go to Anderlecht and Psv team get a very high Player Ratings PSV: Gomes 9, Marcellis 9, Zonneveld 10, Rajkovic 9, Van Der Leegte 10, Vayrynen 10, Culina 9,Cesinha 9, Perez 10 and Cocu 10.

the most Surprising Red card for Anderlecht was this Aarón GALINDO recieves a second yellow card after pushing the ref

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

168.gif

SEVILLA UPDATE

Sevilla have signed two, top quality players in the past week or so with a top striker and an experienced defender joining from their respective clubs. In recent weeks Sevilla have beaten Levski and Marseille in the group in the SMFA CC and have won three from their last four in the league. Philp is happy with how his side are doing and was happy that his reserve side dumped Almeria tonight as well. Sevilla are currently fourth, six points from leaders Barcelona.

Kevin Kuranyi moved from Schalke for a bargain £20,000,000

beardwatch_kevinkuranyi.jpg

Silva Andre Luiz from Nancy for a good fee of £16,000,000

sochaux-bouleverse-nancy_actus.jpg

And Philp has told the Sevilla fans that they are to remember that a deal has been struck with Lyon seeing that *Sidney Govou will join at the end of the season. the good relations continue between the two clubs as Philp has already notched Jeremy Toulalan from the French giants. The new look Sevilla side this year sees faces such as Kuranyi and also Altintop and Sanhuez as well as youngster De Jong

1933088361-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-e-rangers-v-olympique-lyonnais.jpg

liverpool-badge.jpg

Liverpool Overview

Liverpool continue their fine form of the season again, hitting 18 goals in 3 league games. Captain Andrei Arshavin, who has been in recent form, has hit 8 goals in the last 6 games, helping Liverpool to get an outstanding 16 points out the last 18.

Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle

Referee: Olegario Benquerenca (Portugal)

Date: Saturday 19th April (8pm K/O)

Sinar made 4 changes to this match. Sami Hyypia returning to the line-up after missing the last 2 games from injury. Goran Pandev makes his debut, covering for Ivan Rakitic, who drops to the bench. Dimitar Berbatov returns after missing 3 games out. The most noticable change is that left-back John Arne Riise will be back to the squad after missing 8 games out through injury.

Liverpool (4-5-1):

Reina

Heitinga

Hyypia

Carragher

Riise

Pandev (debut)

Zapater

Aimar

Robinho

Arshavin ©

Berbatov

Ouaddou

Jones

Gago

Cabarello

Rakitic

squadteam.jpg

First Half:

It was Liverpool who started the First Half better, with Pablo Aimar powerfully shooting in from 20 yards, his 6th of the season. Jose Reina saved 2 shots from Kazenga Lualua and Michael Owen. It was a bad start for John Arne Riise, getting booked on the 8th minute for violet conduct. Lualua pressured Liverpool again, forcing another save out of Reina. It was Liverpool who countered yet again this season, with another defensive scramble and letting Jamie Carragher tumble in a shot from 5 yards.

Half Time: Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle.

Second Half:

Liverpool were told to finish off their opponents, but failed to do with Berbatov scuffing 3 shots. Subsitute Ivan Rakitic came on for Goran Pandev, and immediately made an impact, but his shot went over the bar. Liverpool had several many more chances, but it wasn't to be until the 83rd minute, when debutant Goran Pandev made his mark at Anfield with a screamer outside the box. The match was done and dusted when captain Andrei Arshavin got a goal in his 3rd consecutive match, slotting home in the bottom corner of the net.

Full Time: Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle.

Liverpool dominated the match in possession wise, but only hit 4 shots on target, all of them going in for Liverpool. Liverpool had 4 yellow cards on top of 8 corners as well.

stats.jpg

Managers Comments (Tom Sinar): "Another good display by the lads, we're 10 points clear now, I just hope we can keep it up at the moment, we are in fantastic form, the goals we've scored are really good, 39 scored, we've scored the most in England, and conceded the joint least, which I must admit is a record for us. The attacking flow was good today, the communication was good and now we can leave in a positive to face West Ham on Wednesday".

Captains Comments (Andrei Arshavin): "I think we have one hand on the title already, whilst we're winning, one less game will go, leaving it harder for the other teams to catch up. To be the Clubs highest scorer in my first season here at Liverpool and to be appointed captain is an honour. I've always tried to set myself a record of goals per season, let's just say, I am really close to it. It's hard to compete in matches with people injured and banned, I'm just glad that we've only got one injury at the moment, it's been quite hard to cope without them. But now we have them back like Riise, Robinho and Berbatov is very good, yes I was on form when we switched to the 3-4-2-1, but I prefer being the only AM, it's how I compete best. We needed cover on the right and upfront, I was glad to find out we had signed Pandev, his a very good player and I'm glad he made a good debut".

Man of the Match Comment (Robinho): "I am glad to get MOM here. To be out for a month and a half since the opening game of the season, and then to come back is very good for me. When I found out I was playing upfront, I thought I wouldn't do any good, but I found form with 3 goals in 2 games, and 7 assists, so I find that very good that I contributed to our wins and I will only get better in the league, I was playing on the left wing tonight, but I feel I done good with the MOM performance, a good win".

League Table

So the win places Liverpool 10 points clear of Arsenal, 12 points clear of 3rd and 4th. The season is still early and anyone can pop a surprise.

leaguetable2.jpg

Past 10 results

Liverpool have only lost 1 in 10 in all competitions, the loss was against Roma who they lost 1-0 to, but fielded their reserves. The draw was against Manchester City, where 2 players got injured and 1 sent off.

past10results.jpg

Next 10 Fixtures

Liverpool play teams such as Manchester United and Celtic, playing Sheffield Wednesday in the Cup. Next 10 fixtures - 6 at home, 4 away.

next10fixtures-1.jpg

Robinho - "Good to be back".

After missing the past 5 weeks with a cruciate ligament injury, the Brazilian playmaker has since returned, sharper than ever. Robinho has hit 3 goals, 7 assists since returning and believes he can only get better. "I've been out for 5 weeks, which was a definite blow to me and the team. The Manager didn't want to push me back to play by featuring me against Manchester City, and he didn't so I could then face Derby County, and I'm just glad I'm back now, the future is bright for me and the club, I just want to go out and make the best of it". Robinho who got injured during the first game of the season over the 3-0 win against Aston Villa was pleased to pick up MOM, as said above. Sinar said,"Robinho's a great lad, he works hard in training, his vision is excellent, he can only get better".

robinho.jpg

(Thumbs up for Robinho)

Arshavin in the form of his life.

Captain Andrei Arshavin has told SMTV in an exclusive interview that he is in the form of his life. Arshavin, 26, was recently appointed Captain of Liverpool following his fantastic start to the season. Arshavin has hit 9 goals this season, the Clubs highest scorer and Division 1's 2nd top scorer. He has hit 8 in 6 and he believes he can reach at least 20 goals before the end of the season. "When I moved here, people were thinking, Who am I? I thought that was a bit over the top, but I just got on with it and decided to carry on with it, the Critics I have are my best friends, they motivate me into doing my best, I don't think I have any Critics now! But my form of late has been fantastic, I would at least try to get 20 goals, but that isn't my target, I am not far away from my own target, if I reach it, I will tell you, but from now I'll just carry on what I do every match - Play".

arshavin_280x390_369021a.jpg

(Andrei Arshavin has silenced all critics)

Can Liverpool clinch more vital points in the early stage of the season? Find out in their next match, away to West Ham United.

B)

Sinny that is a cracking Match Report and a rep from me

--------------------------

Standard Liege in the form of there life B) , last to games won 7-0 and then 10-1 in the cup tonight. Both against teams playing players in proper positions ;)

Espanyol Trounce Empoli 5-1 to reach the Shield Cup Quarter Final

espanyol.jpg

Espanyol's poor form domestically was partially made up for tonight as they beat Empoli comfortably 5-1.

The whole team played brilliantly with every player getting a match rating above 9 (9 out of 11 players got rated 10)

Espanyol started shakily with Empoli's pressure paying of when a corner was wipped in and Luca Saudati nodding the ball home from close range, this gave empoli the perfect start to the game as Espanyol started shakily.

But the Espanyol players started to rally together and 5 minutes later Francisco Chica scoring the equaliser with a neat finish with his toe after a scrap in the box.

Espanyol where on top for the next fifteen minutes then they deservedly extended their lead with a great goal by Henrique Ewerthon. Ewerthon made a great run and beat the off side trap and finished it coolly in the bottom corner.

Now there was no stopping Espanyol as they smelt Empolis blood and 10 minutes later Moya Marc Torrejon went on a mazy run from the centre of defence beating 5 players to lash home past the helpless keeper Bassi from 15 yards.

By now Espanyol were walking all over Empoli and they firmly had a foot in the quarter final and 25 minutes after the break Espanyol Extended there lead even further with Ferran Corominas bundling it home after another scramble in the box.

And then 2 minutes later Espayol completed the rout with star player Alberto Riera dummying the keeper and putting it home to the deltight of the away support.

And thats how it finished an impressive 5-1 rout with Espanyol now facing a tough Sporting Lisbon side in the next round.

After the match the press interviewed the manager of Espanyol on the game he said "The lads performed very well today and I was very impressed with the performance. Hopefully this will give the Fans something to cheer about after out poor domestic. I am also very proud of the players as we only had 2 of our normal starting 11 starting tonight I asked them to put a performance in for the fans and the players certainly did me and the fans proud tonight!"

Been meaning to post here since last Wednesday :rolleyes:

With Louis heading to Everton, he gave me Ajax, so once again cheers for that :)

First game in charge was a 2-1 win over Heracles Almelo, followed up by a 2-1 win over Lyon in the Champs Cup.

Beat Feyenoord last Saturday, 2-1 again lol, then thrashed Racing Genk 6-2 on Wednesday :D

Tonight, 4-0 win over Kevin's Werder Bremen in Europe ;)

Tbh they were in a poor position when I got them, at least of the deals I would never of made, but they're up to 6th now.

Top of Champs Cup group:

1 AJAX 3 3 0 0 9 2 7 9

2 Lyon 3 2 0 1 5 4 1 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Fenerbahçe 3 1 0 2 5 6 -1 3

4 Werder Bremen 3 0 0 3 2 9 -7 0

Hopefully I can get at least a point next time then I can play reserves for the last two:)

everton.jpg

Benitez the hero!

Juventus 1-4 Everton

Mr.Adamski (Villa) met Mr.Mattis (Birmingham city) tonight in GC11, Mattis being the manager of Everton, and Adamski being the manager of Juventus, It was round three of the SMFA Shield. Juventus being the bigger club and playing at home at the Delle Alpi, many bookies said that Juventus would be the team winning this game. But everton where the surpise winners. 64,929 fans turned up too watch the European action. Everton dominated 55% possession, and had 14 out of 17 shots on target. The home team went ahead very early, Vicenzo Iaquinta blasting the ball into the back of the net after poor defencing by the Everton back four. But Everton's star man this season leveled the game at 1-1 5 minutes later. Christian Benitez hitting a poweful right footed shot right into the onion bag. Everton doubled there lead on 26 minutes, yet again Christian Benitez getting another goal with a trademark striker from the Ecuadorian. And to make things worste for Juventus, Everton went 3-1 up on 36 minutes. Aiyegbeni Yakubu beating the offside trap, and sliding the ball pasted the advancing Buffon. The teams went in at half time, with Everton being 3-1 up.

benitezih5.jpg

(Benitez bagged two goals in the first half)

yakubula7.jpg

(Yakubu bagged the third goal of the game)

Everton were on a high after there first half performance, and they continued playing like a world class side. They added the final goal of the game in the 81st minute, Christain Benitez netting the fourth, picking up the MoM award and his hat-trick rounding Buffon, and sliding the ball into the net from a acute angle. This win means Everton will advance into the Quarter finals of the SMFA Shield, where they face a tough Sparta Praha side.

benitezih5.jpg

(Benitez picked up the MoM award with his wonderful hat-trick in tonight's game)

Guest Toggs

New Feyenoord Manager

Last night, Toggs was named new manager of troubled side, Feyenoord. Bigger report coming later but first match we travel to FC Twente. Expect a weak side playing. Alot of NMF's. Enough class in the team to turn this around though.

348.gifShakhtar Donetsk 3-1 Rubin Kazan260.gif

Scorers

Mariusz LEWANDOWSKI (Shakhtar Donetsk), 31 mins

Oleksandr HLADKYI (Shakhtar Donetsk), 39 mins

Evaeverson BRANDAO (Shakhtar Donetsk), 86 mins

Vladimir DYDUN (Rubin Kazan), 20 mins

Shakhtar Donetsk were expected to win this game against Rubin Kazan and they did to keep them top of the table, Rubin Kazan looked to cause a shock in this game and they got of to the perfect start by scoring on the 20th minute through Vladimir DYDUN but the lead lasted all but ten minutes as Mariusz LEWANDOWSKI made it 1-1 on the 31st minute, Shakhtar Donetsk went 2-1 up on the 39th minute as Oleksandr HLADKYI scored an excellent header and the game was finished with five minutes to go as Evaeverson BRANDAO made it 3-1 to Shakhtar Donetsk to wrap up the three points.

Shakhtar Donetsk's last five results

League - Shakhtar Donetsk 3-1 Rubin Kazan

League - Legia Warszawa 0-1 Shakhtar Donetsk

League - Shakhtar Donetsk 1-1 Dinamo Moskva

League - Dnipro 0-3 Shakhtar Donetsk

R & U Shield - Rostov 0-3 Shakhtar Donetsk

168.gif

After dumping Almeria, Sevilla made it three consecutive wins with a 3-1 away win against Recreativo. A second string side surpassed the test in the Nuevo Colimbino with them finishing the tie by the half time break. *Kevin Kuranyi struck after thirteen minutes with a double from Tom De Mul meaning an 87th minute strike from Vazquez it was of no meaning at all. A good win, only three points off top

beardwatch_kevinkuranyi.jpg

As they went on into Europe, Philp brought back his first eleven as they beat Chelsea by a scoreline of 3-1 in this match. It was matchday three of the group stages and this win saw Sevilla top the group with three wins from three. A double from *Seydou Keita and a late strike from Malian Freddy Kanoute saw Wayne Bridge's goal on 31 minutes be of no meaning in the end it seemed

The match tonight was to be followed by league matches against Real, Atletico and Valencia and Philp was delighted when his side made it five wins in a row. The 3-1 home victory over Villareal moved Sevilla up to third in the league, two points behind leaders Betis. The goals came from Luis Fabiano, Dani Alves and Sevilla's top scorer this season *Freddy Kanoute cancelling Giuseppe Rossi's strike

kanoute.jpg

everton.jpg

Everton continue to slay top teams!

Arsenal 1-3 Everton

Everton were on a high after knocking Juventus out of the cup last night, they played a strong Arsenal side away at the Emrites Stadium, 59,753 fans watched the two English gaints battle. Eveton dominated 53% possession, with 13 out of 14 shots on target. The gunners took the lead on 26 minutes, Thomas Rosicky picking up the short corner, and curling the ball around the unsighting keeper. But his goal was short llived, as Everton lleveled the game at 1-1 2 minutes later, Leon Osman heading the ball powerfully past the keeper from a Steven Pienaar corner. The goal was enough to send the teams in at half time level pegging at 1-1.

osmanlk0.jpg

(Osman equalised for Everton!)

Everton came out for the second half, looking to add a couple of goals to there tally, and they got that, first in the 68th minute by Aiyegbeni Yakubu diving headering the ball into the back of the net. And too make things worste for Arsenal, everton doubled there lead 2 minutes later. Jolean Leascott controlling the long ball and volleying the ball past the motionless Almunia. The win moves Everton back into third place level on points with Tottenham Hotspur and two points behind Arsenal. But it looks unlikey that Everton have any chances winning the league, with Tom Sinar's Liverpool cruising the EPL on 37

points.

yakuburt4.jpg

(Yakubu gave Everton the lead!)

lescottbn9.jpg

(Lescott adding the third goal made sure Everton took three points to Goodison)

Espanyol Announce Star Striker Tamudo is for SALE!!

Espanyol have announced their plans to sell star striker Raul Tamudo. Reports from the club say they are looking for 2 strikers under the age of 25 with a rating of 90 or above.

Please make you offers now!!

everton.jpg

Downing joins Everton!

In the early hours of this morning. England LM Stewart Downing joined Everton from Middlesbrough, thought too be around the mark of £11MIL Downing is a very good signing for Eveton and will now be the No.1 LM, We caught a interview with him this morning.

This is a very big club and im delighted to be here, i known i can win throphys here, the club is still in Europe, and should atleast get a SMFA Shield place by the end of the season it's where i wana play, in Europe, and i can here, where i couldent with Middlesbrough

Everton manager Louis Mattis stated that Downing is a great signing for Everton when he was revealed on the Everton offical site this morning. Mattis also stated he will do very welll here, and he wil look after him.

downingtj3.jpg

(Everton's new LM)

Atletico%20Madrid%20skin.jpg

172.gifValencia 0-3 Atletico Madrid139.gif

54,000 were at the Mestalla to see Valencia get demolished.

Atletico Madrid, after a string of poor results, were determined to bounce back and cause a few upsets, and they did.

A magnificent 3-0 win over Valencia in the own backyard.

Mariano Pernia scored early in the second half and new signing Diego Milito scored a brace in the second.

Sparky was delighted with his team's performance: "A brilliant win, we wanted to bounce back and we did! It's never easy against Valencia, but we showed that we can cause a few upsets and I hope we can take it from here"

ESPANYOL LOOKING FOR STRIKERS

The Espanyol manager has revealed that he is looking for strikers rated 93 or above and is willing to pay 16mill Milan Similjic (age 21 rated 89) and Raul Tamudo (age 29 rated 92)

Please reply if u want to do a deal by PM on this or PM on the Game!

badge.jpg

Liverpool Overview

Liverpool still continue their triumph at top of the league after a 5-0 win over Wigan Athletic, before that match, Liverpool suffered their 2nd defeat of the season, losing 2-1 to West Ham United.

Liverpool named no changes to this loss.

Liverpool (4-5-1):

Reina

Heitinga

Hyypia

Carragher

Riise

Pandev

Zapater

Joao Moutinho

Robinho

Arshavin ©

Berbatov

Ouaddou

Jones

Gago

Cabarello

Rakitic

squadteam.jpg

West Ham 2-1 Liverpool

Referee: Igor Egorov (Russia)

Date: Wednesday 23rd April 2008 (8pm K/O)

First Half:

West Ham United scored twice in 20 minutes thanks to goals from Keiron Dyer, with a one-on-one goal, slotting home on 15 minutes. Four minutes later, Freddie Ljungberg scored from 30 yards out past a helpless Reina. Liverpool holding their heads in shame.

Half Time: West Ham United 2-0 Liverpool

Second Half:

Liverpool were told to go for the draw, which only took 6 minutes to score with a goal from Joao Moutinho, his 2nd goal in as many matches from central midfield. Liverpool continued to dominate, with Zapater and Berbatov hitting the post in the space of 10 minutes. The final chance for Liverpool came when Pandev failed to take advantage of a one-on-one. Gutting for the Macedonian superstar.

Managers Comments (Tom Sinar): We deserved to lose today, but I think we should've at least got a draw from our performance in the second half. Hopefully we can turn it around against Wigan, I don't know, but I confirm that Carragher will miss it, he has a sprained ankle and will be out for 12 days.

Captains Comments (Andrei Arshavin): I'm disappointed with my performance, but it's a lesson to learn. West Ham were the better team today, I congratulate them, I just hope we can get back to our winning ways and continue to dominate.

Stats

Liverpool had less possession, yet had more shots and more shots on target. Liverpool and West Ham both had 2 yellow cards.

statswhu.jpg

Liverpool 5-0 Wigan Athletic

Referee: Craig Thomson (Scotland)

Date: Saturday 26th April 2008 (8pm K/O)

Sinar changed to his trustworthy 3-4-2-1. Ivan Rakitic was recalled to the squad, covering on the left wing, whilst Robinho was switched to the right wing, and Goran Pandev upfront, behind was captain Andrei Arshavin and Pablo Aimar.

Liverpool (3-4-2-1):

Reina

Hyypia

Lahm

Heitinga

Zapater

Joao Moutinho

Robinho

Rakitic

Pandev

Arshavin ©

Aimar

Aydin

Robson Ponte

Gago

Cabarello

Berbatov

squadteam-1.jpg

First Half:

Liverpool were told to dominate this match unlike they did against West Ham, and they turned out to do so, one minute in the game, Goran Pandevs 2nd goal for Liverpool turned out to be a simple 5-yard goal, going past the helpless Chris Kirkland. Only moments later, Liverpool hit the bar and post. 11 minutes gone, captain Andrei Arshavin showed why he is Liverpool's main man after slotting home using his pace to get past the Wigan defence. Pablo Aimar then blasted the ball against the crossbar, twice so far. Moments later, the Man of the Moment, Joao Moutinho grabbed his 3rd goal in as many games with a powerful right foot shot in the top right hand corner.

Half Time: Liverpool 3-0 Wigan

Second Half:

Liverpool dominated the start of this half as well, only 4 minutes gone, Goran Pandev scored again from a through pass from Ivan Rakitic and thumped it in the top corner, his 2nd of the night. Paul Scharner had a great chance to get one back for Wigan, but saw his shot go past the right hand post. Andrés Madrid failed to take advantage from a rebound, still looking for his 1st goal for Wigan Athletic. Liverpool counter-attacked once again, with Robinho curling home a 25 yard shot.

Full Time: Liverpool 5-0 Wigan

Managers Comments (Tom Sinar): I'm pleased to know we can bounce back from results and grab a crucial win for this season. Only 14 games gone, and it looks our way, but I'm not going to celebrate just yet. We could slip up more, we could get more points, I would only celebrate once it confirms we're champions, which is a long way away. The season ends in July, which is ages away, so anything can happen. I am glad that we won tonight, we can go home and finally put the loss to sleep, we will just forget about it and take the rest of the season seriously. A great perfomance tonight.

Captains Comments (Andrei Arshavin): We deserved to win tonight, I'm glad I got my 10th of the season in the league, joint-top in the goal-scoring charts, and I hope to improve my record. The lads really wanted to win tonight, to show that new players can gel together as quick as can be. But, we've got a long way to go and just hope the results will keep coming our way.

Man of the Match Comments (Dimitar Berbatov): I know I was placed on the bench, but I am pleased to pick up the MoM in just 30 minutes, I have a hard work rate, which the Boss understands. I hope to improve my goalscoring record which isn't very good this season, but when I get the chance, I'll start showing you that I can bang in the goals for Liverpool this season.

Stats

Liverpool dominated the possession yet again, with more shots on goal and on target. In total, Liverpool got 3 yellow cards with Wigan getting 1 yellow card.

stats-1.jpg

League Table

Liverpool are now 10 points clear of 2nd placed Arsenal and 12 points clear from 3rd and 4th place Everton and Tottenham Hotspurs.

leaguetable2-1.jpg

Next Fixture

Liverpool face Manchester United next, where Manchester United haven't been in form lately with just 3 wins this season. Sinar expects to name an unchanged side against Manchester United.

Managers Comments (Tom Sinar): Manchester United are a very good side, they have a new manager who I hope will turn them around. More challenge for the Title! But any game is a tough game for us and I reckon their new players will give ours a hard time.

Date: Wednesday 30th April 2008 (8pm K/O)

Venue: Old Trafford

Good luck to Tom Eesha, who is Manager of Manchester United.

nextfixture.jpg

How are they doing?

Here we take a look at how the squad are doing, including the loaned out squad.

Liverpool's main squad contains 26 players, with an average of 89 rating. The total of the whole team is worth £170.0m.

squad.jpg

The loaned out section contains 4 players, with a combined total of 9 goals in 23 games, the players are a goalie, 2 midfielders and one striker.

loanout.jpg

Transfer Rumours

Liverpool have been linked with a number of players, the only ones featured is what Liverpool is looking for. Most in, some out.

• Liverpool have been linked with a move for Port Vale youngster Joe Anyon, the goalkeeper is expected to join for £800,000. (The Sun)

• Carlos Puyol could be going to Anfield, with Jamie Carragher included in the deal. (Daily Express)

• Jonathon De Guzman could be going away to an Italian club on loan, whilst an Italian playmaker could come over for a fee including John Arne Riise. (Various)

• Liverpool are rumoured to be interested in winger James Morrison. (Express and Star)

• Dimitar Berbatov is rumoured to be unhappy with his treatment from Sinar, who has placed Berbatov in Cup Games and on the bench for league games (Various)

• Winger Sebastian Leto has been linked with a permanent move to West Bromwich Albion at the end of the season after scoring his 5th goal in 5 games for West Brom. Leto's agent said, "Sebastian enjoys working under Mr Charley, he plays in the right position, he gets on well with the other player and Leto loves life at West Brom and he wants to move there permanently at the end of the season". (Daily Mirror)

Bruno Fernandes signs for Liverpool

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Brazilian goalkeeper Bruno Fernandes. Fernandes, 23, was bought for £7.5m for Flamengo after being linked with AC Milan. The young stopper made his debut in Liverpool's 5-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday in the shield last night.

Sinar said, "Bruno is a great lad, his is a good goalkeeper, which I hope, can only get better. He will certainly be used for the cups this season".

Fernandes Bruno commented, "I am pleased to join Liverpool, I know I'm not guaranteed first team football just yet, but I am very pleased to join Liverpool and I will hope for the best of the future".

This means South Korean goalkeeper Lee Woon Jae has been offloaded to West Bromwich Albion on loan, picking up a rating of 10 on his debut, playing in the 7-0 thrashing against Southampton on Saturday.

"Central Midfield is my best position" - Moutinho

Ever since Joao Moutinho joined from Sporting Lisbon, Sinar placed him in his 2nd position, the Right Wing, only scoring once. After Aimar missed a game throughout suspension, Sinar placed him in central midfield with Zapater. Since then he has scored 3 goals in 3 games.

Moutinho said, "Central Midfield is definitely my best position, I've played all my life here, I'm glad to play here again, but I would like to play on the RM again, it was a great challenge. I prefer playing here, it's more technical, with Zapater besides me I don't worry about a thing, infact it feels like we've been playing together for years".

JoaoMoutinhoSporting205.jpg

(Joao Moutinho - Back to his best)

That's it from the Anfield, hoped you enjoy reading this, we're back next week with the sensational side. B)

06%20AjaxJrsyHome.bmp

After 10 goals in 2 games, including last Friday's 4-0 home win over Werder Bremen, the goals seem to of dried up, but the club remain unbeaten in all 7 games since the change of management.

Last Saturday saw many changes to the previous night's starting line up as the club hoped for 3 more points to move them up the table.

They were disappointed though as Westerlo held them to a 0-0 draw.

And last night the stars were rested again as Ajax moved into the Holland & Belgium Shield semi finals after a penalty win over Heerenveen.

Ismael Urzaiz gave Ajax a 40th minute lead but Cristian Ansaldi grabbed a last minute equaliser.

Ajax won 4-1 on penalties.

ESPANYOL SCRAPE PAST VILLAREAL

Espanyol Scraped Past Villareal Tonight in a hard fought match at the El Madrigal

Villareal were winning but 2-0 at one point before goals from Daniel JARQUE (35)

Ivan DE LA PENA (60) Fernandez LUIS GARCIA (65) brought all three points back to catalonia!!

everton.jpg

Everton into Semi's.

Everton last night moved into the Semi-Finals of the SMFA Shield after beating Sparta Parha 5-3 away from home.

Goals from Arteta, Lescott, Fernandes & Benitez (2) gave Everton the victory.

They will now face French side Schoaux in the next round.

benitezih5.jpg

(Benitez scored another two goals into tonights game)

SEVILLA GO TOP, THEIR GREAT SEASON CONTINUES

168.gif

SEVILLA 2-1 ATLETICO MADRID

Sevilla were looking to make it eight unbeaten matches in all competitions as they have already but sealed their progression through the group stages of the SMFA Shield. After winning three consecutive league games, that run came to an end as they held Real Madrid in the Bernabeu but they looked to win against Atletico tonight.

Defender Julien Escude put the hosts ahead after only two minutes as he took advantage of a mistake in the Atletico defence. Sevilla had Hamit back from suspension, and his appearance in midfield was evidently good as he dominated in that part of the pitch for the home side. Atletico drew level on 63 minutes as Maxi Rodriguez tapped in from a yard past the helpless Andres Palop in the Sevilla goal. But only six minutes later, forward Clemente Luis Fabiano* grabbed the winner for the home side with a fantastic header from a Hamit cross to give Sevilla all three points.

uefa_final_002_470x328.jpg

Manager Ross Philp was delighted to hear of Real Betis' draw with Osasuna which meant the side hailing from the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan leapfrogged them to go top of the Spanish division. The manager owes a lot to the fifteen goals from Luis Fabiano and Freddy Kanoute added to highly-assisting midfielders. Sevilla have a tough schedule ahead of them with Valencia, Barcelona and Espanyol their next three matches in the league and two SMFA Shield matches to go. "Its times like these at a club that make you glad to be part of this wonderful sport" said Philp.

PSV SIGN BRAZIL DUO

201.gif

Today PSV Eindhoven anouced new Right Back Silva Dani Alves the player completed his move from Sevilla This Morining which saw Salcido and Afellay movet to Sevilla. Also to join PSV is Goalkeeper Carreria Diego Alves from Spanish outfit Almeria. Dani Alves will go straight into the starting 11 but Deigo Alves will play in Cups and SMFS compitions. Also Ramours are that Hurellero Gomes will be leaving PSV to join Sevilla today.

dani11__59.jpg

AUSTIN TAKES OVER AT RANGERS!

Austin was unveiled as the new manager of Rangers today at a filled press conference.

Austin recently took over them, after the old manager hasd abandoned them to go on an international coaching job.

Scotland was sad as his departure, but austin assured them that there was nothing to fear, that he would lead them to sucess just like the old guy had been doing.

rangers are top of their group in the SMFA shield and top of their league by 5 points, and Austin promises good things will continue.

About transfers, Austin said he already had everyone he needed right here at the club.

rangers next game is against St Mirren, and Austin will be looking for a win.

429.gif