Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

BenReado

Re: Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

Had a great last season but now I've decided to retire from GC11 and Atletico Madrid:eek:

Would've gave the club away but the stupid job offers will immediately kick in. Just letting you guys know that Sparky no longer manages Atletico Madrid

Good luck dudes

Two big victories, extend winning streak

168_1216387042.jpg

Sevilla 2-0 Valencia

Kuranyi 38' 73' - ...

Malaga 0-4 Sevilla

... - Diego 3' 37' 49' Kuranyi 39'

Coming up to the most important point in the season, it is important that all teams win as many games as possible, and that the squad is rotated well and successfully. And that is exactly what Philp has been doing with Sevilla as the second string beat Hercules, Getafe and Hibernian. But it was the return of the first-teamers, as three goals each in two matches from Kevin Kuranyi and Ribas Diego saw Sevilla's winning run reaching seven matches. The second string will now face Nancy tomorrow in the SMFA CC, with the first team playing the next two league matches against Osasuna and Recreativo - the reserves playing Deportivo in Round 3 of the Cup too.

4652_1209755861.jpg3317_1209755861.jpg

If I remember correctly' date=' i started my season last season with 5 draws and 1 loss and went on to finish a 96 pointer, finalsit of the shield, and a place in the last 8 of the Champs Cup, where I lst on pens[/quote']

And did you do this with a squad of 22, including 3 loanees. Oh, and a squad average of 85. Intentionally out both cups as my squad wouldn't be able to cope with it. I think I've done well so far.

And did you do this with a squad of 22' date=' including 3 loanees. Oh, and a squad average of 85. Intentionally out both cups as my squad wouldn't be able to cope with it. I think I've done well so far.[/quote']

admittedly youve done quite well, and I got out f both cups as well, as I need to concentrate on the league and smfa cup.

I'm on a ood run of form now though, won 4 and drawn 2 atm.:)

admittedly youve done quite well' date=' and I got out f both cups as well, as I need to concentrate on the league and smfa cup.

I'm on a ood run of form now though, won 4 and drawn 2 atm.:)[/quote']

I don't mean to nag guys, but can't you have this conversation by PM; as this is a thread for Gold 11 News, Transfers and Match reports, and recently it has just really turned into a conversation between you two guys.

admittedly youve done quite well' date=' and I got out f both cups as well, as I need to concentrate on the league and smfa cup.

I'm on a ood run of form now though, won 4 and drawn 2 atm.:)[/quote']

Yeah, I seen that. I'm quite happy for you. Hopefully we'll finish first and second :D.

I need to raise funds in my Motherwell team, everyone is for sale.

429_1202746505.gif

rangers gaining consistency

Its been a rocky road for Rangers this season who went 29 games unbeaten the last.

Rangers have had to settle for draws with worse sides, but they are managing to get a little better form now.

Rangers 2 - 2 Hearts

A comeback by darcheville and Mcculoh saw Rangers narroly escape a home loss.

Livinsgton 0 - 3 Rangers

better fortunes awaited as Rangers thrashed Livinston with goals from Cousin,Mculloh, and darcheville.

Rangers 1 - 1 A.Madrid

A tough SMFA cup match ensued and a late saviour from Mculloh cancelled out Berenguers opener for a point.

rangers 5 - 1 Kilmarock

A brace from Boyd, one from Carlinhos, and one from Pereria completed a nice rout.

Rangers were getting back on form

Derry City 2 - 3 rangers

A losuy performance and narrow win for Rangers with goals from Mendez,Mculloh, and Darcheville getting an undeserved draw

Rangers sink Turkish Champions, and move to second in SMFA cup group

350_1205176289.gif2 - 3 429_1202746505.gif

Rangers took on fenerbache hoping for their first win following a draw at Atletico.

They got their wish for a good start though, when Thomson chipped the keeper for a lovely goal, leaving a trail of defenders in his wake,

Alex seized on an error in the defence and closed in for the kill, levelling the scores and pushing up the tempo of the match.

Rangers went into half time in the lead when darcheville went past the defenders and put the ball inthe back of the net for a precious half time lead.

deivid equalized later inthe 71st minute with a well struck goal, and the fans mentally settled for an even draw.

But things got even hotter when thomson struck a trademark volley right into the net, for a late and undeserved winner!

Rossi hit the crossbar minute later for the home team, but rangers held on for a nervy finish and took all 3 points from Turkey.

Atletico beat Real betis 3 - 2 as well, which puts Atletico top on abc record.

kevin_thomson.jpg

304_1198523143.gif

Santos sink Inter -

The headlines in Brazil are shouting.

Santos had an amazing 2-1 win over Mr How's Italian Champions International in the SMFA cup tonight.

Santos in a group with Inter, Arsenal and Sampdoria are clear underdogs to go through to the knockout stages. However after 2 games the group looks like this:-

1 Sampdoria 2 2 0 0 5 0 5 6

2 Arsenal 2 1 0 1 4 3 1 3

3 SANTOS 2 1 0 1 2 3 -1 3

4 Inter 2 0 0 2 1 6 -5 0

SoP said "We went to Italy, we conquered 2-1 with goals from Alejandro MAURICIO MOLINA (31) and Silva EVALDO (79). Inter will say they had their 2nd team out tonight, but thats no excuse because so did we, We have Arsenal next which could determin who comes 2nd in the group, we obviously arn't getting ahead of ourselves and obviously Arsenal are clear favourites for that game, but we will go out try our best and try to have another brillant night in the SMFA Champs cup like we have tonight."

Why don't people use the Newspaper for match previews and reviews or transfer rumors or happenings?

That is all. TSV 1860 til a die. #1 in Bundesliga baby!

Simply becuase this was in place when the setup was created, and at that that time the Newspaper was rubbish.

Then why don't we migrate there instead? Obviously discussion can still be here' date=' but match previews/reviews and transfer updates would e a lot more fun on the newspaper.[/quote']

Because you can put about 10x's more detail and more people will read it on the forum than on the newpapers.

109_1190676380.gif

"Should I say wow?"

After losing in the SMFA Group against Santos by 1-2, and hearing Santos manager's words..: "Wow, so what? Yes, we lost but its not the end of the world, and mostly we wont praise the other manager for this. First, it was a bit of luck, secondly, they killed Rusol for 3 weeks, and the worst is the manager's arrogant words. So in a normal case, I would say a congrat to the manager, but after this unsporting and halfly correct report, I wont say more about this." said Mr HoW.

306px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png

29th August - SMFA Shield Round 1: Colo Colo 1-2 Ajax

Ajax changed from their usual 4-3-3 wingers formation to 3-4-2-1 for this game due to it being unsuccessful so far in the season. It was still a weakened side put out against the unmanaged side however with a number of signings being planned and injuries hitting the squad.

A brace from Romanian winger Nicolae Mitea playing in an unfamiliar attacking midfield role cancelled out Daniele Mannini's strike.

30th August - League: Ajax 0-3 Club Brugge

The day after their European win, it was mostly the same side that took to the field at the Amsterdam Arena. However, Brugge's 4-5-1 system completely outclass Ajax and 2nd half goals from Andrade Diego Souza, Koen Daerden and Carlos Tenorio gave the away side the points.

1st September - Holland & Belgium Shield Round 2: Ajax 8-0 Westerlo

Ajax finally hit form as they took on Westerlo for a place in the 3rd round of the Shield with their attackers seemingly unstoppable as 45 attempts on goal were created. Alfredo Moreno scored a hat trick on his debut, Tranquillo Barnetta and Santos Cicero both scored twice and Garcia Gabri got the other.

3rd September - League: Westerlo 0-6 Ajax

With both teams playing same sides as the game 48 hours before Ajax once again eased to a win and this time an all important 3 points. It took the visitors until the 26th minute to score, when John O'Shea somehow found himself inside Westerlo's half to take advantage of a poor back-pass. The socre remained 1-0 until the 54th minute when Santos Cicero curled in a 25 yard strike. Alfredo Moreno then hit his 2nd hat trick in as many games before Cicero completed the scoring.

5th September - SMFA Shield Round 2: Steaua Bucuresti 0-3 Ajax

What was expected to be a close tough game turned out to be the opposite as Ajax moved to the 3rd round comfortably. All of the goals came inside the first 20 minutes, Santos Cicero getting 2 and Tranquillo Barnetta the other.

6th September - League: Ajax 4-0 Heerenveen

Just like the previous day, Heerenveen came to the Amsterdam Arena with the home side knowing it would be a tough game. Goals from Thomas Vermaelen, Morten Nordstrand and Alfredo Moreno (x2) gave Ajax the points and lifted them into 2nd place.

League Table:

1 Feyenoord 13 9 2 2 18 12 6 29

2 AJAX 13 7 4 2 23 9 14 25

----------------------------------------

3 PSV 13 7 4 2 26 13 13 25

4 FC Groningen 13 6 5 2 22 13 9 23

5 Willem II 13 6 5 2 19 11 8 23

6 Vitesse Arnhem 13 6 5 2 15 11 4 23

7 Anderlecht 13 6 4 3 27 20 7 22

8 FC Utrecht 13 7 0 6 18 18 0 21

9 AZ Alkmaar 13 6 2 5 21 17 4 20

10 Heerenveen 13 5 4 4 21 16 5 19

11 Standard Liege 13 4 6 3 18 17 1 18

12 Germinal Beerschot 13 4 4 5 14 15 -1 16

13 Club Brugge 13 4 3 6 18 17 1 15

14 Roda JC 13 4 2 7 14 17 -3 14

15 Heracles Almelo 13 3 5 5 13 17 -4 14

16 Westerlo 13 3 4 6 21 28 -7 13

17 FC Twente 13 4 1 8 13 28 -15 13

18 KAA Gent 13 1 5 7 16 27 -11 8

19 FC Brussels 13 1 5 7 10 22 -12 8

20 Racing Genk 13 2 0 11 11 30 -19 6

Transfers:

In recent weeks, a number of players have joined Ajax, with a few moving out as well. It's been the busiest few weeks since George took over from Louis Mattis last season.

Santos Cicero joined from América in a deal which saw both Alberto Luque and George Ogararu join the Mexican side. Both players were first teamers at Ajax but were able to be replaced with Cicero needed for an attacking midfield role.

Matias Friztler is the latest signing, from TSV Munchen 1860 for £5 million, with 19 year old Siem De Jong heading the other way.

Moving the other way were both Alvaro Arbeloa and Andrea Pirlo. Alfredo Moreno moved from Roma in exchange for Arbeloa as well as £5 million, whilst Pirlo joined Dutch rivals PSV for £5 million + Tranquillo Barnetta + Kader Keita.

Next up!

Wednesday 10th Sep

Division 1

KAA Gent - Ajax

Friday 12th Sep

SMFA Shield Round 3

Independiente - Ajax

109_1190676380.gif

Inter signed Guardado

21 years old left midfielder joined to Mr HoW's side this morning. Andrés Guardado joined from Espanyol for a fee of 10 million and also Cesar and Julio Cruz were the part of the deal. "He is exactly the player we needed! With his arrival, our squad is younger now and we can use different tactics. He is a vital part of our team, I'm happy with his arrival." said Mr HoW. "This transfer is a huge thing in my life. I'm 21 years old at the moment, and I'm glad that I can say: I'm playing for Inter, one of the best clubs in the world! I came here with lots of dreams, I want to play as much as I can!" said Guardado

Guardado_014.jpg

Mexican Andrés Guardado gives new opportunites to Mr HoW

Rangers beat Atletico to level up group!!!

On a good run of form, which has seen Rangers collect 7 wins from 8 in the league, only dropping points at the Old firm derby against their rivals.

But they were 3rd in the smfa cup, after losing disspointingly at home to Betis.

They traveled to Spain hoping to collect maximum points in a must win 4th game, and a double from Cousin and a late goal from Mcculoh cancelled out Gyan's brace for the Madrid side.

Rangers, Real Betis, and Atletico all sit on 7 points, but it is Atletcio's good gd that sees them top the group so far, with Rangers and Betis Sevilla on just 1 positive GD.

Fenerbache have been the whipping boys of the group, and despite resting all their players on the Wednesday before every cup match,and having the second best side in the group, could only manage to scrape their first point at home to Betis.

They sit on 1 pont atm, and have almost no chance of qualification.

Rangers beat Atletico to level up group!!!

On a good run of form' date=' which has seen Rangers collect 7 wins from 8 in the league, only dropping points at the Old firm derby against their rivals.

But they were 3rd in the smfa cup, after losing disspointingly at home to Betis.

They traveled to Spain hoping to collect maximum points in a must win 4th game, and a double from Cousin and a late goal from Mcculoh cancelled out Gyan's brace for the Madrid side.

Rangers, Real Betis, and Atletico all sit on 7 points, but it is Atletcio's good gd that sees them top the group so far, with Rangers and Betis Sevilla on just 1 positive GD.

Fenerbache have been the whipping boys of the group, and despite resting all their players on the Wednesday before every cup match,and having the second best side in the group, could only manage to scrape their first point at home to Betis.

They sit on 1 pont atm, and have almost no chance of qualification.[/quote']

You're welcome hehe :D.

Motherwell are looking to sign a few players. Any position over 87 and looking for cash, I'll buy him.

SEVILLA 2-0 HIBERNIAN was the score tonight at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan as the Sevilla second team beat the Scottish side by a comfortable margin. Goals from man of the match Ibrahim Afellay and then his fellow Dutch teammate Orlando Engelaar sealed the win. It is the second time the Spanish outfit have beaten Hibs and with a win against Sparta Praha and albeit a loss versus Nancy, Sevilla sit top Group D.

Philp will continue to play his reserve side, in full faith that they will get Sevilla through to the knockout stages. Should they defeat Nancy in their next match, they may qualify at that point, although it could go down to the last matchday. Philp said "With the quality of the second string, we can afford to put them against these teams and see them win quite comfortably. That is what has happened tonight and I have to give all credit to them. It is good that this so called 'second team' are performing as should injuries occur, we can always count on them.

Ibrahim_Afellay_575867.jpg

Afellay's man of the match performance, he hopes will get him closer to making the move up to the first team. He has said that it will be tough as he is not getting too much of an opportunity at the moment, but knows his time will come. At this time he is behin Brazilian superstar Diego for the attacking midfield role, and both Govou and Ronaldo for position out wide. But he accepts that all are exceptional talents and working with them in training each day can only help his game. The dutchman has two goals in seven appearances so far, but has four MOM awards.

And tomorrow night, the league campaign continues for Sevilla as they travel to Villareal who sit seventh in the league five points off Sevilla who Philp has led to fourth position so far. Marcos Senna and Nihat are their standout performers but the previously discussed Diego of Sevilla is confident that his side's attacking play will get them the three points. He said "Going forward we have me, Cristiano and Sidney, and all three of us seem to have a good understanding with each other and our centre forward Kevin". Sevilla's front four have amassed 22 goals between them this season so far from 15 league games they have played. "With the defensive midfielders there too" he went on... "Jeremy and Seydou can keep it tight at the back, breaking up the oppositions plays and starting us off as to then go forward and do what we do best and attack".

400x400_DiegoNew2.jpg

brazil-cbf.jpg

BREAKING NEWS AS BRAZIL NAME NEW MANAGER.

Roma Manager Stuart Cowell is said to be absolutely elated after accepting the job to manage Brazil. He will continue in his role as Roma manager, who are keen to hang on to the prodigious talent, who is also have said to been approached by the German and Costa Rican Football Associations to manage their national teams.

50.gif

Serbia announce new manager

Just moments ago, the Serbian Football Association appointed Sevilla boss Ross Philp as their man to lead them to World Cup glory. Philp has said that it is with immense pleasure that he takes over the nation and he will be delighted to work with the players that the country has. Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic, Philp's own Sevilla's Ivica Dragutinovic, Inter's Dejan Stankovic and Hertha BSC's Marko Pantelic will all play vital roles in whether Serbia will or will not make the World Cup finals next year. The latest call-up is Shakhtar's Igor Duljaj who will want to make the eleven.