Sign in to follow this  
BenReado

Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

Re: Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

lyonpz5.gif

Lyon win 1-0 away to Rennes thanks to a Sidney Govou goal.

Lyon's line up was star studded and here they are:

Coupet

Clerc Dunne Squillaci Grosso

Govou kallstrom Toulalan Petrov

Benzema Palacio

SidneyGovou_g.jpg

Sidney is seen here playing for France.

SMTV caught up with Liam Wilder after the game

Reporter:Hello, How did you think your Lyon played in the opening game of the season.

Me:Hi, I didn't think we played to well, we really couldn't get out of the 3rd gear but a clean sheet is always nice.

Reporter:What would you like to see from your team in the next game against Caen.

Me:Well we had 11 shots on target and only scored one, so in training tomorrow they will be practicing shooting from all angles.

Reporter:Just before you head off we heard that Toulalan is off to Spain can you confirm that?

Me:Yes i can, we were given an offer by Sevilla which i countered and it got accepted, i told Jeremy before the game and allowed him to be the captain for today, he was pleased about playing against the likes of Messi and Henry.

Guest Toggs

Bari News

Youth squad revamp - Toggs has completed the signing of Joe Allen, Zivko Zivkovic, Randy Wolters, Kristian Brix, Nebosja Sodic, Patricio Rodriguez and Daniel Aquino. Toggs believes the signings show that they have the squad to get promoted, and do wlel in Serie A, but also have youth, that wil develop into first team players.

Alvaro Pereira (22,86) joins Bari - Bari's 24th signing of the season coems in the form of Argentinos Juniors midfielder Pereira. He can play LB or LM and Toggs exects him to have a long carrer at Bari. In result of this Mesmut Ozil's loan has been terminated.

badge.jpg

Aston Villa 0-3 Liverpool

After the completion of over 10 players and the whole squad revamped, Sinar had a selection headache over his team, but it came through in the end.

Lineup:

Liverpool (4-3-2-1)

Reina

Finnan

Carragher ©

Arbeloa

Lahm (Debut)

Zapater (Debut)

Joao Moutinho (Debut)

Gago (Debut)

Arshavin (Debut)

Robinho (Debut)

Berbatov (Debut)

Lee (Awaiting Debut)

Riise

Rakitic (Awaiting Debut)

Aimar (Awaiting Debut)

Kuijt

First Half:

The First Half couldn't get more better for Liverpool. After 2 crucial saves by Reina, Liverpool hit back with a goal from Dimitar Berbatov's header. Yet again, Reina pulled off 2 fantastic saves from Villa and good counter-attacking from Liverpool ended in a goal from debutant Andrei Arshavin whos shot was neatly finished in the goal. Liverpool continued to dominate the first half but couldn't really get a goal.

_41505734_kerzhakov_getty300.jpg

(Arshavin celebrating his 1st goal on his debut)

Half Time: Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool

Second Half:

The 2nd Half began brightly for Liverpool, within 8 minutes, young Argentinian midfielder Fernando Gago got the goal on his debut with a curling shot from outside the box, going in off the post. It couldn't get more better for Liverpool, but it could worse. Star player Robinho got injured and now misses a month for Liverpool. On the 60th minute, Ivan Rakitic and Pablo Aimar made their debuts coming on for Fernando Gago and Joao Moutinho. No other chances came that half besides Arshavin hitting the bar.

Full Time: Aston Villa 0-3 Liverpool

MoM: Fernando Gago

Scorers: Dimitar Berbatov, Andrei Arshavin and Fernando Gago

1186780060.jpg

(Ivan Rakitic changed the game when he came on)

After an extraordinary match, Sinar said,"Well now we're top of the league for the time being. We've made great signings, we've got a fantastic team, now all we need is the results. Good match for the lads tonight". B)

SEVILLA UPDATE

168.gif

Sevilla, busy again today in the transfer market, with two dealings going through this moment at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. After a poor performance by Jesus Navas he is being sold to Bayern Munchen in a swap deal, and goalscorer Correia Adriano along with defender Boulahrouz are off to France, seeing a top winger arrive in Spain today.

Hamit Altintop will complete a medical at the club, as Philp negotiated the midfielder as part of a deal that will see winger Jesus Navas depart for Munich. Sevilla also receiving £12,000,000 from the deal, Navas' youth seeing a huge price tag. Philp said: "Yes Jesus leaving is a blow because he has a great future ahead of him, but the offer was too fantastic to pass up, and Hamit, I believe, is a better player".

2007-08-18t152417z_01_boh08_rtridsp_3_soccer-germany_30124_sq_medium.jpg

A deal accepted just moments ago, will see French winger Sidney Govou join Sevilla in their quest this season under Ross Philp. Correia Adriano and unwanted defender Khalid Boulahrouz will join Lyon as Govou comes to Spain in a great Sevilla deal. Philp said: "Sidney is a great talent and I really see him as an influential player should the medical go okay. Correia is a sacrifice, and Khalid is not needed, but a deal".

463862_mediumsquare.jpg

Philp is now on the lookout for a centre back as he hopes to lure a club into a deal using defender Javi Navarro who has been told he is unwanted by the club. Philp hopes a deal can be sealed for tomorrow: "Javi is aging and his performance last night was good, but we can find somebody better I believe. I will be on the lookout over today and the next few days as I look for a suitable replacement".

12_front_small.gif1_front_small.gif

348.gifShakhtar Donetsk 2-0 Spartak Moscow263.gif

Scorers

Dario Srna (Shakhtar Donetsk), 34 mins

Ndri Romaric (Shakhtar Donetsk), 51 mins

Shakhtar Donetsk got their league campaign off to a great start as they beat what would be seen as one of their title challengers Spartak Moscow 2-0, the match doctor checked for signs of insanity from the Spartak Moscow manager as he played three goalkeepers in his starting line up but Shakhtar just got on with their job professionally as Dario Srna put Shakhtar ahead on the 34th minute and it was 1-0 going into the break, only six minutes after the break Shakhtar doubled their lead as new signing Ndri Romaric made it 2-0 and the game finished that way.

109.gif

First matchday, first win!

Catania - Internazionale 2-6 (2-2)

Goals: Mark Edusei (5'), Gionatha Spinesi (30') and Esteban Cambiasso (24'), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (27', 58', 72'), Olivier Dacourt (61'), Dejan Stankovic (78')

Ibrahimovic.jpg

Ibra opened with a hat-trick

Thats why he is here

"This opening match was fairly entertaining and my team showed that they are well prepared and able to win! Ibrahimovic scored a wonderful hat-trick, and thats why he is here!" commented by Mr HoW

Vasco de Gama 1- 1 Colo Colo

Austin took the fault for this home draw, forgegetting to do his tactics and paying the price.Next matchshould result in a good win.

Standard Liege news

FOR SALE

Milan Jovanovic Striker rated 89 Age 26

He scored 3 goals in the opening day draw with Feyenoord,looking for good offer,not actually on the transfer list,as want to keep his confidence high..So far Lyon and Liverpool have expressed an interest..

roma.png

TOTTI MOVES ON AS ROMA STRUGGLE THROUGH FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON.

The end of an era was heralded at Roma this weekend as Francesco Totti moved to pastures new in part-exchange deal with Chelsea.

The deal was struck after the game against Udinese, when Roma put in a dismal performance, going down 2-1.

Manager Cowell said "I can't fault the lads. I just have to hold my hands up and admit that I got the tactics completely wrong. Needless to say that more effort will be put into our preperation for our next game."

He added; "Totti has been a wonderful servant for the club, but I don't think I have been backward in my expressions to get some younger blood in."

Coming the other way from Chelsea were nomadic striker Anelka, along with out of favour Centre-Half Ben Haim.

anelka.jpg

HaimGetty_468x702.jpg

Cowell is happy to have added a little more depth to the Roma squad, but is still on the lookout for two 90+ CBs and a striker. He is also thought to be looking at his options in getting a direct replacement for Ludovic Guily, as the Frenchman clearly wants a move away from the club. Negotiations to get in Govou from Lyon in such a deal were scuppered at the 11th hour by a Sevilla offer that the Lyon manager felt it impossible to refuse. Cowell has reiterated that a deal remains on the table should that particular deal fall through.

CRVENA ZVEZDA OFF TO A WINNING START

FRUITBAT'S TEAM WIN 1-0 AT HOME TO FC PORTO

A Carlos Renato goal was enough to beat a talented Porto team in a tight encounter. Newly appointed manager Fruitbat astonished the local fans by failing to pronounce the club name properly and for not knowing which country he was in. In future the press conferences will be conducted by one of the players Djordje Tutoric.The manager did add that "he was very happy with the result and optimistic that they will have a very good season."

next fixture away to Benfica....

manchesterutdbagdeyu0.png

Mattis appointed Manchester United manager!

In a shock turn of events, English manager Louis Mattis has taken over English champions Manchester United, Mattis heard that the job was available from his agent, and he resigned from FC Schalke 04 and flew straight to Manchester to agreed a 3 year deal with the club that will keep him there until 2011.

Keep your hands off!

rooneybv5.jpgronaldouq7.jpg

andersonlw7.jpgferdinandgf0.jpg

naniup4.jpgvidiccelebratehp3.jpg

tevezax9.jpg

(Mattis has already put a tag on these players saying there not for sale)

For Sale!

Mattis has already put a few intresting players on the transfer list

The first up this G.Neville, Mattis believes that he is too old now, but has been a great edtion to the club.

The second is Louis Saha, Mattis said that he's a fantastic striker and player to work with, but its time for him to move on.

The third is Ji-Sung Park, Mattis says that hes a great player and has helped Manchester United to all there titles while he's been there, but he is no longer needed at the club.

The fourth is Irish defender John O'Shea, Mattis quoted that he was done wonders in the past for the club, but will no longer get any first team football at United

The fifth is Wes Brown, Mattis feels its time for this lad to move on and he will no longer be needed at the club.

manchesterutdbagdeyu0.png

Transfer News

Players out:

Last night, Manchester United soled some of there un-wanted players, the first to go was:

brownqk1.jpg

(Wes Brown moved to River Plate for £9MIL)

sheaxb0.jpg

The second to leave was John O'Shea for a fee of £9MIL)

banner20072008900.JPG

Feyenoord Swoop For Bodmer

Dutch giants have completed the signing of French central midfielder Mathieu Bodmer. The midfielder arrived for a fee of £10,000,000, the deal also saw Landzaat and Van Bronckhorst head the Gerland.

Sparky was pleased with the deal and said; "It was a good deal for us, we basically got a class midfielder for £10,000,000. Landzaat is old and will not be getting any football, and thanks to Liverpool, we have Kewell to replace Giovanni. Bodmer will be a vital team member for us.

833.jpg

Feyenoord Snap Up Bodmer

Vasco de gma still have nt made any signings so far, and this willprobably affect their league performance.

Austin is however steamed that, after having a 21m bid rejexted for Saha, the United manager accepted a 7m bid for a move to D.Zagreb!:mad: (suspecting lol)

Vasco de gma still have nt made any signings so far' date=' and this willprobably affect their league performance.

Austin is however steamed that, after having a 21m bid rejexted for Saha, the United manager accepted a 7m bid for a move to D.Zagreb!:mad: (suspecting lol)[/quote']

Was the other manager, not me :)