Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports Liverpool Overview Liverpool continue their fine form of the season again, hitting 18 goals in 3 league games. Captain Andrei

Re: Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports WBA Last Season Review In manager Joe Charley's first season in charge of WBA, they achieved promotion to the 'big time', divisio

Re: Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports Liverpool Overview As Liverpool won their game last night, they were crowned Champions for the first time in 15 years. Under Si

Re: Gold Championship 11 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

109.gif

Ukrainian defender joined

rusolNT_.jpg

Andriy Rusol, the 25 years old ukrainian centre back joined to Internazionale squad for a fee of 22 million from Dnipro. "If someone asks You: Do you want to play at a giant club, namely Inter? What would you answer? Of course YES! I did it, and now I'm here. I'm desperately looking forward to play as much as I can!" said Rusol. "He is a good player, and with his transfer, we can rotate more, and also can sell a player if we wish to do it. Welcome Andriy!" said Mr HoW

0,,10366~3205513,00.jpg

Baggies Scrape Past Port Vale In The Shield

WBA Line Up (3-4-1-2) - Kiely (7), Albrechtsen (7), Antunes (6), Barnett (8), Ferreira (7), Greening (8), Morrison (8), Brunt (7), Miller (9) (MOM), Koren (8), Beattie (7)

Substitutions - None

Port Vale Line Up (4-4-2) - Scarpi (6), Lowe (6), Eckersley (6), Pilkington (6), Mazuch (7), Sanmartean (7), Luis Alberto (6), Edwards (6), Rodgers (6), Salugin (6), Cardle (6)

Substitutions - None

Date - 31st March 2008

Stadium - The Hawthorns

Attendance - 26,910

Referee - Damir Skomina (Slovakia)

Competition - English Shield Round 1

1st Half Report - The first real action came within the first minute as Port Vale started the stronger side, with Joe Cardle dazzling the crowd with some neat dribbling inside the first five minutes. Cardle was inches away from giving Port Vale the lead in the 5th minute, his delightful strike going just wide. A minute later WBA's Vitorino Antunes collected a booking afetr a late challenge. There was action at either end for the next five minutes, but in the 12th minute, WBA's James Morrison missed an easy tap in. Vale's Aleksandr Salugin was their biggest threat throughout the next ten minutes, his best chance was a technically brilliant chip, that beat Dean Kiely, but also beat the goal. The game then went dull for a while, but came back to life again in the 33rd minute when Ismael Miller collected a route one ball and thundered a right foot shot past Vale keeper Alessio Scarpi to put the Baggies 1-0 up. Two fine saves by WBA goalkeeper Dean Kiely in the 36th and 41st minute, kept the score at 1-0 going into half time.

2nd Half Report - Two minutes after the break WBA midfielder Victor Ferreira's supurb long range shot ended up just wide of Alessio Scarpi's goal. In the 52nd minute, Craig Beattie was clean through on goal, but was halted in his tracks by an extremely late offside flag, much to his annoyance. Dean Kiely was once again in fine form, as his fingertip save kept WBA in ront in the 57th minute. The next fifteen minutes provided no chances at either end, as each team battled and scrapped for the ball in the midfield areas. A big penalty shout came in the 75th minute as Port vale left winger, Joe Cardle was brought down in the area, only for the referee to dismiss the claims, and wave play on. The final chnace of the game came in the 84th minute as Dean Kiely capped off an excellent display with another fine save.

Full Time - 1-0

Comment From The Boss - "Today we were simply the better side and deserved to progress into the next round. We experimented with a 3-4-1-2 formation and it really helped us dominate the midfield. I thought Robert Koren provided the creative spark behind our two forwards, who were excellent, especially Miller, who deserved his man of the match. Dean was sensational in goal for us today, making some excellent saves and our back three coped well, Barnett was supurb in the middle of the three"

WBA Statistics - Possession 62%, Shots On Goal 22, Shots On Target 13, Corners 3, Yellow Cards 1 (Antunes), Red Cards 0

Port Vale Statistics - Possession 38%, Shots On Goal 10, Shots On Target 6, Corners 10, Yellow Cards 0, Red Cards 0

MOM Report - WBA's Ismael Miller was outstanding today, showing his strength, intelligence and sprint speed on many occassions throughout the match. He deserved to be the match winner.

0,,10366~3481516,00.jpg

Injury Report - No Injuries

Other English Shield Round 1 Results:

Portsmouth 2 (Utaka x2) Newcastle United 2 (Owen, Emre) (Pens 4-2)

Kidderminster Harriers 0 Bradford City 2 (Johnson, Wetherall)

Watford 2 (Caicedo, Williamson) Tranmere Rovers 1 (Davies)

Aston Villa 0 Blackburn Rovers 1 (Tugay)

Wolves 3 (Henry x2, El Gaaouiri) Oldham Athletic 0

QPR 1 (Caner) Shrewsbury Town 0

Brentford 0 Fulham 1 (Kamara)

Chelsea 5 (Drogba x2, Cole, Alex, Essien) Cardiff City 0

Leyton Orient 3 (Mulryne x2, Corden) Nottingham Forest 1 (Clingan)

Swansea City 0 West Ham United 0 (Pens 1-2)

Exeter City 1 (Bokic) Crewe Alexandra 2 (Abbey x2)

Southend United 2 (Francis, Harrold) Carlisle United 2 (Garner, Taylor) (Pens 0-2)

Leeds United 0 Derby County 2 (Miller, Ghaly)

Birmingham City 2 (Kapo, Kelly) Morecambe 2 (Schwoch, Hasek) (Pens 0-2)

Hull City 1 (Campbell) Peterborough United 1 (Finnigan) (Pens 3-2)

English Shield Round 2 Draw:

Fulham vs Yeovil Town

Portsmouth vs Milton Keynes Dons

Leicester City vs Swindon Town

Manchester United vs Gillingham

Shorpe United vs Chesterfield

Huddersfield Town vs Watford

Bradford City vs Luton Town

Crystal Palace vs Colchester United

Walsall vs Blackburn Rovers

Sunderland vs Bolton Wanderers

Plymouth Argyle vs Dagenham & Redbridge

QPR vs Norwich City

Middlesbrough vs Blackpool

Morecambe vs Everton

West Ham United vs Sheffield United

Derby County vs Liverpool

Burnley vs Bristol City

Brighton And Hove Albion vs Wigan Athletic

Doncaster Rovers vs Barnsley

Coventry City vs Hartlepool United

Charlton Athletic vs Carlisle United

Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town

Bristol Rovers vs Manchester City

Millwall vs The New Saints

Cheltenham Town vs Northampton Town

Southampton vs Leyton Orient

Wolves vs Tottenham Hotspur

Bournemouth vs Chelsea

Hull City vs Crewe Alexandra

Stoke City vs Preston North End

Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday

WBA vs Arsenal

On The Road To Recovery

Striker, Giovani Dos Santos and centre back, Miguel Cardoso Pele both came back from the south coast visit to Plymouth on the 12th March 2008 with two nasty injuries: Dos Santos, a gashed arm and Pele, a broken nose. Both of these injuries ruled them out for five and four weeks respectively. However, both players have had succesful recoveries and should be back playing again very soon. Pele is expected to return for the Division Two match against Stoke City on the 9th April 2008, and Dos Santos for the English Shield Round Round Two match against Arsenal on the 14th April 2008. Pele had this to say "Penso que eu joguei bem em minha primeira partida da estação, mas então quebrar o meu nariz depois que o próximo jogo é cruel a mim, mas a isso é o que acontece em futebol, quando retorno voltarei refrescado e pronto para ação. Tentarei de estar em meu melhor tão posso ajudar WBA ganhar um acabamento bom na liga. (I think I played well in my first match of the season, but then to break my nose after the next game is cruel to me, but that is what happens in football, when I return I will be back refreshed and ready for action. I will try to be at my best so I can help WBA gain a good finish in the league) Gio also found some time to speak to us "La herida fue un golpe devastador, como acabo de utilizar al ritmo del juego inglés. Tuve el oppurtunity para volver a España y recibir el tratamiento para mi herida, pero opté por permanecer y tenerlo trató aquí en lugar. El director, Joe Charley tiene cada fe que puedo rayar quince a veinte metas esta temporada, proporcionando permanezco el ataque" (The injury was a devastating blow, as I was just getting used to the pace of the English game. I had the oppurtunity to go back to Spain and receive treatment for my injury, but I opted to stay and have it treated here instead. Manager, Joe Charley has every faith that I can score fifteen to twenty goals this season, providing I stay fit)

0,,10366~3481580,00.jpggiovanni.jpg

A Word With Robert Koren - On How The Season Has Gone So Far

I think we could have started the season a little better than we have done, we have dropped silly points, when we have been the better side throughout the game, the matches against Plymouth, Watford and Wolves all spring to mind. However, we have been unlucky with injuries to two key players, Gio and Pele. We would have had more strength in both the offensive and defensive areas with them in the team, however the replacements have shown they have quality to. We are also scoring goals from all parts of the team, this is good as it shows we do not rely on one or two men to score the goals for us. I feel I have been playing consistently well for WBA, and it is a shame Lucas Leiva had to return to Liverpool as we were getting to know each other's game well. Thankfully, we still have Leto on loan from Liverpool, he has been supurb for us on the left wing. A quality player in the making. If we start producing the top class level of football consistently, promotion could be achieved I believe.

0,,10366~3410451,00.jpg

New Kids On The Block

In pre-season Vitorino Antunes and Victor Ferreira joined the Baggies for £10m and £4.4m respectively, and both seem to have slotted into English football very nicely indeed. Antunes has been suburb in the three games he has played for WBA and Ferreira has looked steady in the midfield, where he can play in any position (DM, LM, CM, RM, AM and W), his versatility is one of the main reasons boss Joe Charley splashed the cash on him. Antunes is an attacking left back, but was used at right back for the match against Cardiff City, where he had a quite simply, breathtaking game. Both are only 21 years of age, so they have time on their side.

070928203712373.jpg398555.jpg

On The Loaning Front - In

You have heard about Dos Santos and Leto coming to Liverpool on loan, but today WBA completed the signing of 27 year old, Turkish centre back Toscali Aydin from Tom Sinar's Liverpool. Liverpool had just signed him for £7.0m, Aydin had started Liverpool's game against Middlesbrough in the English Cup Round 1, but have loaned him out for him to gain experience of English football in the lower league, of division 2. Joe Charley had this to say on his latest loan signing "Aydin is a strong, solid centre back and will bolster our defensive options, in our push for promotion. Aydin should make his debut against Crystal Palace tomorrow night, if he manages to impress, a permanent starting place will become available.

B_4b558f77d3912ae2e638890fb0077c4f.jpg

On The Loaning Front - Out

Goalkeeper Luke Steele, right back Jared Hodgkiss and centre forward Sherjill MacDonald have all moved out on loan to The New Saints (Steele), Dagenham & Redbridge (Hodgkiss) and Shrewsbury Town (MacDonald). Luke Steele has had a great loan spell so far, starting all eight of The New Saints' games, picking up a man of the match along the way against Brentford, and keeping four clean sheets. Hodgkiss started Dagenham's first two games of the season against Bradford City and Bournemouth, but then fell out of favour as the first choice right back. However Hodgkiss started Dagenham's last game, against the MK Dons, he produced his best display as he guided them to a 1-0 win. MacDonald started Shrewsbury's games against Brentford, Kidderminster Harriers and Exeter City, and impressed, but unfortunately, he sprained his ankle against Exeter, that caused him to miss Shrewsbury's next four games. However, MacDonald should be fit for the Shrews game against Northampton Town on the 5th April 2008.

0,,10366~3517735,00.jpg0,,10366~3517909,00.jpg0,,10366~3516372,00.jpg

Player of The Month - March

It was between two players this month, but on loan Liverpool winger Sebastian Leto, just pips midfield maestro Robert Koren to the award.

Ran out of picture space - here is the link to the Sebastian Leto picture: http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/04/18/sebastian_leto.jpg

Player of The Month, Game By Game Breakdown - Sebastian Leto

Blackpool (H) - Match Rating 8 - Scored 1 Goal

Plymouth Argyle (A) - Match Rating 7

Watford (A) - Match Rating 7

Sheffield United (H) - Match Rating 7

Bristol City (A) - Match Rating 7

Watford (H) - Match Rating 7

Wolves (A) - Match Rating 7

Average Rating Of 7.17

1 Assist

1 Goal

Overall Verdict - Consistency Is The Key To Success

Albion Statistics

Goalscorers - Kevin Phillips 2

Ishmael Miller 1

Zoltan Gera 1

Neil Clement 1

Robert Koren 1

James Morrison 1

Sebastian Leto 1

Bostjan Cesar 1

Filipe Teixeira 1

Roman Bednar 1

Top Assist Player - Kevin Phillips - 3 Assists

Top Average Rating (Must Have Played 5 Or More Games) - Robert Koren and Sebastian Leto - 7.17 Average Rating

The Bookies Favourite - Kevin Phillips - 3 Yellow Cards

Who Likes Early Showers The Most? - Paul Robinson - 1 Red Card

Next Issue Visible From The 1st May 2008

ajax.gif

ajaxhss0708.jpg

Same Country - Different Club!!!

Experienced manager Sparky was appointed by Dutch giants Ajax last week after he left his post at rivals Feyenoord. The new man said that he left Feyenoord because he just couldn't 'work' with the team. After a string of poor results, he knew it was the perfect time to move on. He told TalkSport.com;

"Feyenoord are a great club no doubt, but I can't see them playing the way I want them to play. They are talented but they don't match my style of play. I think it was best that I left. Here at Ajax, I believe I can win great things. We may be in a weak position in the table but we will pull ourselves together and hope that we end up as either champions or in a SMFA place."

480-Amsterdam-Arena-01.jpg

Can Sparky Win The Fans Hearts At The Amsterdam Arena?

The Dutch giants have shockingly parted with target man Klaas Jan Huntelaar, who went with fellow team mate Urby Emmanuelson to Italy in a part exchange deal for Andrea Pirlo. The deal was made by former manager John Friel and Sparky believes it was a good deal considering the experience that they got in return. But their striking force hasn't been the best with only Luis Suarez and Albert Luque upfront.

1942137830_1999998995_u_emanuelson.jpg1942500287_1999998995_kj_huntelaar.jpg

Emmanuelson & Huntelaar Make Way For Pirlo

Ajax are currently 11th on the Dutch table, winning just 2 and losing 2. Sparky admitted that this is an 'embarassing' position to be in, considering that they are the former champions; "It's not right seeing Ajax in a midtable position, I hope to change all that soon"

Ajax - SMFA Cup Group E

Ajax are also in the SMFA Cup, they will face teams such as Lyon, Fenerbahce and Werder Bremen. Both the manager and expert pundits believe that this is the only SMFA group open to anyone. Lyon are mega favourites as they have the most experience and great talented players. But the SMFA cup has unravelled many surprises in the past and Sparky is confident that his team will progress in the cup

"We should have a good SMFA run, as mentioned by many, this group is open to anyone. Lyon are mega favourites to qualify as champions. But we hope to change that, of course we want to finish as leaders. Seeing that there is no difference between all four clubs - we do fancy our chances"

First Game In Charge - Shield Round 1

180.gifAjax 3-0 FC Groningen187.gif

It was a surprise win for the Dutch seeing that they fielded and all youth team. The manager, minutes after taking over, said that he really doesn't care much about the shield but was some what pleased that his team managed to proceed to the next round; "I'm happy because it will give our youth players another chance to shine, they are very talented and they showed what they can do"

Edgar MANUCHARYAN, Robbert SCHILDER and Freddie SEARS were the players who scored, with former West Ham United player Freddie Sears getting the Man Of The Match award.

1942827606_1999998995_e_manucharyan.jpg

Fantastic Peformance by Youth Player MANUCHARYAN

First League Game

354.gifClub Brugge VS Ajax180.gif

Sparky's first league game gets underway against unmanaged but high flying Club Brugge. Brugge are at home and they have been in fantastic form in the past.

Ajax manager Ahmed believes it is a very important game in their road to recovery; "Bruuge are a great side, that's why we want to beat them Beating a top side like this will help our confidence and our performance in the future."

Ajax Team News

New signings Arbeloa, Skrtel and Pirlo are expected to start, and youth player Tosic is expected to make his league debut for the Dutch giants. Ajax have reported that they will play Luis Suarez as a lone striker with Pirlo as their playmaker.

Ajax need a win to have any hopes of climbing up the table. They are playing a mixture of first team players, rserves and youths due to injury and suspension.

More News To Follow

ajaxhss0708.jpg

Brilliant First Win For Sparky!!!

354.gifClub Brugge 0-4 Ajax180.gif

The scoreling says it all! Sparky's first game in charge will be one to remember! A fantastic four goal thrashing helping them recover in the league. Club Brugge appointed a new manager just a few hours earlier, so it was two new managers against each other - and the best manager won:cool:

An Edgar Davids and Luis Suarez brace secured the three points leaving an ecstatic Sparky!

"It's a brilliant win! The lads have made my job easier, we hope we can take this win onto the next game and hopefully onto the league. This is just the start, there are more things to come."

6015_origineel.jpg

Man Of The Match - Luis Suarez

Ajax moved upto to 8th and will play Utrecht on Saturday!

257.gifKrylia Sovetov 2-2 Shakhtar Donetsk348.gif

Scorers

Volodymyr PRYIOMOV (Shakhtar Donetsk), 20 mins

Mariusz LEWANDOWSKI (Shakhtar Donetsk), 47 mins

Sergei BUDYLIN (Krylia Sovetov), 18 mins

Evgeni SAVIN (Krylia Sovetov), 87 mins

Shakhtar Donetsk remained unbeaten this season but they will be disappointed to come away with only a draw against Krylia Sovetov, Krylia Sovetov scored the opening goal through Sergei BUDYLIN on the 18th minute but it was only two minutes after that, that Shakhtar Donetsk got an equalizer and it was scored by Shakhtar winger Volodymyr PRYIOMOV.

Shakhtar Donetsk took the lead on the 47th minute through their Polish midfielder Mariusz LEWANDOWSKI and it looked as if the game was going to end 2-1 to Shakhtar but with only three minutes left, Krylia Sovetov got an unlikely equalizer and it was scored by Evgeni SAVIN to end the game in a 2-2 draw.

guti_sneijder.jpg

GUTI and SNEIJDER happy to see there captian GERRARD making a very quick recovery from injury and GERRARD is set to play in the next few games.

gerrard.jpg

GERRARD picks up a very bad knock setting him out for months but is set to be in action again with in a month.

GERRARD will be back to his ways soon

Gerrard.jpg

109.gif

Stankovic is out for 6 weeks!

Sampdoria - Internazionale 3-2 (1-2)

Goals: Reto Ziegler (40'), Hugo Campagnaro (69'), Paolo Sammarco (82') and Luis Figo (1'), Patrick Vieira (31')

img.41555_t.jpg

The injured Serbian Stankovic will be out for at least 6 weeks!

Fausto Pinto joined

Mexican left back, Fausto Pinto joined to Inter for 14 million Euros. He is a great player, young addition to my team. That makes open way for Materazzi and Burdisso, make offers!" said Mr HoW

41893.jpg

Newcomer Fausto Pinto

a_materazzi_ht.jpgBurdisso.jpg

Materazzi and Burdisso are available for transfers. Not for cash only, and also they can be a part of a deal for someone!

109.gif

Injury again

Internazionale - Napoli 2-0 (2-0)

Goals: Hernán Crespo (3', 22')

p1_crespo_1204.jpg

Crespo scored a valuable double

340x.jpg

Ibra will be out for 8 days!

The list of available players for a trade (in/out):

Marco Materazzi 34yrs CB 92

Nicolas Burdisso 26yrs D 90

Cesar Aparecido 33yrs LM/MB 90

Olivier Dacourt 33yrs DM/CM 90

Nuno Maniche 30yrs CM/RM 91

Patrick Vieira 31yrs CM/DM 93

Julio Cruz 33yrs CF 92

God! You follow me in GC7 and GC12 and now in GC11.. I am Sevilla :).

Welcome my good friend ;).

Wahay! Atleast I'm not alone ;)

It was Feyenoord, then Ajax now Atletico :D

My club hopping days are now over in GC11 :D:p

Good luck mate ;)

Atletico%20Madrid%20skin.jpg

New Man At The Vicente Calderon

Spanish side Atletico Madrid have appointed Mitu Ahmed as their new manager. The new man took over minutes after previous manager Javier Aguirre walked out on the club.

Sparky was said to be delighted with his new job and told SMTV:

"It's a massive club in a fantastic league. It's an honour to be in charge of a club in this Nation. There are some quality managers here and it will be exciting as well as challenging"

Sparky's first game in charge is against league strugglers Almeria, are lying at 17th.

Atletico have revealed that they will play their reserves and have even had to call back players from loan due to players being unfit:eek:

They will give a start to second choice striker Asamoah Gyan.

Transfer News

Minutes after taking over, Ahmed revealed that Simao, Forlan and Aguero will not be leaving the Vicente Calderon. He believes that tr=hese are the players who will help them in the league as well as the shield.

They will only leave if a temptong offer comes along - no cash however ;)

SabrosaSimaoBenfica205.jpg

Sabrosa Simao

sergio-aguero.jpg

Sergio Aguero

377860.jpeg

Diego Forlan

Atletico currently need lots of players for loan/sale.

The whole squad is unfit and need even players who are rated 85+

Please PM me ;)

Thanks

168.gif

With important games coming up for the side from the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, manager Ross Philp was delighted to see a few defeats and a cup exit put behind them, as his Sevilla team went to Mallorca and dominated proceedings, leaving the Son Moix with a 3-0 victory. Christian Poulsen, on-loan defender John-Alain Boumsong and back amongst the goals Malian Freddy Kanoute moved Sevilla up to fifth in the league, nine points behind leaders Barcelona with a race on with Santander, Villareal and Recreativo to break into the top four. Sevilla face Levski in tomorrow's opening match of the SMFA Champs Cup campaign.

kanoute-sevilla.jpg

109.gif

Without two key players, with one average but point saver

Parma - Internazionale 2-2 (1-1)

Goals: Luca Cigarini (32'), Anrea Pisanu (55') and Aparecido Cesar (17', 77')

610x.jpg

Cesar, the player who is mentioned as the "available player" scored two goals

"I want my team to attack more! I know that Ibra and Stankovic are out, but we must dominate on our matches!" said Mr HoW

Rumours said that a few big teams are showing interests for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and maybe he can leave if the offer is more than right..

Atletico%20Madrid%20skin.jpg

Atletico Reserves Suffer Heartbreaking Loss!!!

Sparky's first game in charge saw him field a rather weak side due to injuries and tiredness. The only firt team player to be in the starting line up was goalkeeper Christian Abbiati - who conceded an embarassing 3 goals!

Right back Valera and attacking midfielder Jurado were recalled from loan, but they made no big impact as they lost to league strugglers Almeria 3-0 at the Juegos Mediterraneos.

A solid second half performance from Almeria saw them score 3 goals in 30 minutes - sinking Atletico's chances of heading to the top of the table.

First placed Barcelona however, managed a 2-1 win over Real Murcia taking them 5 points clear at the top.

"We Need More Players" - Sparky

Atletico Marid manager Mitu Ahmed told the press about how his team is lacking in depth and how there just aren;t enough players in the squad.

He told SMTV:

"This loss was extremely painful, simply because we do not have enough players to act as a reserve, the squad we played yesterday simply wasn't good enough, we need players who can replace a player in an instant, players who know when to deliver!"

Atletico Madrid are at home against Scottish side Kilmarnock in the SMFA Shield round 1. The Spanish side revealed their ambitions in winning the trophy, and their journey strats here.

lyon.gif

Lyon Results

Lyon went into this game with confidence after the 4-1 thrashing against Nice, and they played Auxerre:

311.gif1-1329.gif

50:GOAL!! - A spectacular long range shot by Kim KALLSTROM flies into the top corner!

4:GOAL!! - Ignacio SCOCCO finds himself in yards of space and he makes no mistake from 15 yards!

''We should have won this match with ease as we had 16 shots on target, but still we didn't lose so we have a chance to win the league''

329.gif5-1345.gif

5:GOAL!! - A long ball over the defence is superbly controlled by Sidney GOVOU who volleys past the motionless keeper!

26:GOAL!! - Martin PETROV hits a powerfull right foot shot into the onion bag!

37:GOAL!! - A spectacular long range shot by Shota ARVELADZE flies into the top corner!

62:GOAL!! - The flat-footed centre-back is caught out by a piece of pure genius from Martin PETROV who shows great composure to finish!

84:GOAL!! - A brilliant long range shot is blocked by the keeper only for Kim KALLSTROM to finish! What a poachers goal!

88:GOAL!! - An amazing goal by Rodrigo PALACIO! The keeper had no chance! Were running out of superlatives to describe this guy! He's on fire!

''I couldn't be any prouder of my boys today, we played absolutely brilliant today.We scored the most goals we ever scored today and i would like to congratulate Martin Petrov's first 2 goals of the season and Kim Kallstrom scored again''

432.gif2-3329.gif

Patrick KLUIVERT (23)

Richard DUNNE (52)

de Melo TULIO (75)

Rodrigo PALACIO (80)

Marques CRIS (84)

''I am pleased about today as we won, but we did concede 2 goals which is the only negative that come out of todays game.We had 2 center backs that scored today every one all over the pitch is scoring. ''

329.gif2-0326.gif

Rodrigo PALACIO (5)

Karim BENZEMA (20)

I couldn't be any happier as we won our last 4 league games and we scored lot of goals which is pleasing.We are top by 3 points and Marseille are 2nd in the league.Our top goal scorer is Rodrigo Palacio with 5 goals in 10 games.We have an important game on Friday against Werder Bremen in the 1st game of the SMFA champions cup.

ajaxaq3.png

Ajax start CL campaign off in style!

Ajax 3-1 Fenerbahce

Tonight, Ajax kicked there CL's campaign off in style defeating Fenerbahce 3-1 at the Amsterdam Arena. 48,000 turned up to watch the first CL match of the season. But Fenerbahce clearly dominated the game with 52% possession and 9 shots on target. But the home team took the lead on 22 minutes, Zoran Tosic running past the Fenerbahce defence, and driving the ball into the back of the net to give Ajax the half time lead.

tosicao3.jpg

(Tosic made it 1-0 at half time)

Ajax started the second half like they finished the first half. They got there second goal of the game in the 51st minute. Garcia Gabri thundring in a overhead kick to make it 2-0 Ajax. And Ajax surely made sure of the win on 63 minutes. Luis Suarez rounding the keeper and finishing from a acute angle. Fenerbahce did pull a goal back late in the 86th minute. But it wasnt enough as Ajax got the CL campaign off to the perfect start.

gabrirt8.jpg

(Gabri celebrates the second goal)

suarezdr5.jpg

(Suarez added the third to finish off a fine performance)