Just Been In An Earthquake!!!

lukelufc

Re: Just Been In An Earthquake!!!

Holy crap ! no earthquake here but wouldn't count out a Tornado the winds here are absolutley crazy. It's been getting worse and worse up here over the past few weeks and there was Tornadoes flying about when it was bad like this the last time.

Thing is I think I would prefer a earthquake as I have a complete phobia about Tornadoes I get nightmares about them from time to time :D one of the reasons I wouldn't live in America :)

Holy crap ! no earthquake here but wouldn't count out a Tornado the winds here are absolutley crazy. It's been getting worse and worse up here over the past few weeks and there was Tornadoes flying about when it was bad like this the last time.

Thing is I think I would prefer a earthquake as I have a complete phobia about Tornadoes I get nightmares about them from time to time :D one of the reasons I wouldn't live in America :)

Its all on BBC now!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm

4.7 on the richter scale

they say the epicentre was 30miles south of kingston upon hull, which is approximately 5 miles away from where i live!!!:eek: :eek:

yup' date=' that earthquake was felt up and down the country!

It woke me up and just after 3 Army Chinooks went over my house.

Apparently the epicenter was Hull......[/quote']

30miles south of hull is somewhere between market rasen and welton. (Welton is only 4miles away):eek:

im still shook up and shaking, i first thought i was being attacked and then i thought i was fitting

:D Were You Scared

Dident Feel A Thing here' date=' :rolleyes: Pheww[/quote']

I didnt move i thought i was being attacked especially as i was having a nightmare before i woke up and then my pillows fell on the floor!! lol

I'm still shaking now and it happened an hour ago lol, it was pretty big things fell off my desk and stuff, turns out it was just an earthquake.

plus for some sort of sick coinsidence, yesterday i decided that i would do an Open University course about Volcanoes, Earthquakes and Tsunamis. At least i can say ive experienced one now. (so dont be too shocked to see a volcano appear or a tsunami over skegness lmao!)

EDIT: Leigh and Tom_MFC are both from Lincolnshire, wonder if they have anything to say lol

Yeah was really bad here aswell Luke' date=' I was sat here working on my laptop house started to shake I figured a big truck goin past then it went nuts.

I live in Grimsby so not to far away.[/quote']

Jesus, that must have been one BIG truck :P

(at least you didnt think you were being attacked lmao:o )

It Must Have Been Pretty Scary Allright,

I Think we hada small one b4 or else the weak part of an earth quake in the atlantic years ago i can remeber my ma telling some story like that about glases shaking in the press, Dont think i felt or remember it tough

Radio 5 When the Quake Hit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2275710.stm

It Must Have Been Pretty Scary Allright' date='

I Think we hada small one b4 or else the weak part of an earth quake in the atlantic years ago i can remeber my ma telling some story like that about glases shaking in the [b']press[/b], Dont think i felt or remember it tough

Radio 5 When the Quake Hit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2275710.stm

By press you mean cupboard ? i thought that was just a scottish term :)

Lincoln' date=' England

i was just woken in my sleep by an earthquake which shook things off my desk and my pillows off my bed, thought i was fitting or being attacked but it was a long lasting earthquake.

has anyone else been in an earthquake recently

(it happened about 5/10mins ago!)[/quote']

Never been in one... I am pleased to say. I heard something on GMTV a second ago about an earthquake but didn't pay much attention and didn't realise it was in England.

What made me laugh was the fact that 5/10 mins after an earthquake, you are on the forum posting about it :D Rofl

30miles south of hull is somewhere between market rasen and welton. (Welton is only 4miles away):eek:

im still shook up and shaking' date=' i first thought i was being attacked and then i thought i was fitting[/quote']

BBc has released it was near Market Rasen, like i said lol

As far as i know nobody near my villiage has been hurt, but have had little bits of roof tile on the floor and thats about it.

I slept through the aftershock, a 1.8 must've felt insignificant for my body to wake me after a 5.3 (not 4.7) one lol.

It says it lasted 10 seconds, believe me when i say in my mind it felt like 2 minutes! i must have been shook more than 50times lol

What made me laugh was the fact that 5/10 mins after an earthquake' date=' you are on the forum posting about it :D Rofl[/quote']

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced it or been hurt as when i posted BBc hadnt even twigged onto it and it wasnt on tv or the bbc website lol