Gold Championship 12 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

Re: Gold Championship 12 - News, Transfers & Match Reports

DROGHEDA GO TOP

Gazlad is a happy manager at United Park as Drogheda find themselves top of the league after dogheda beat linfield 2-0 at windsor park thanx with 2 goal hero on loanee David Connolly. I praised the lads after the match against linfield as they produced a top class performance and told them that the season is still young and there is a long way to go so don't get carried away we won't stay top of the league for long but at the moment we are enjoying it sitting above the big boys rangers and celtic and co.

Since we have a bye in the first round of the scottish cup i can get all the squad fresh for our next league games which will be a very good test for us as it will be 1st vs 2nd hearts are on level points with us and we will be looking to get all 3 points.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 12 - News, Transfers & Match Reports Main News The Crowd Goes Wild As Daniel Bolam has arrived at Huish Park Quote from Daniel's speech around 20 mins ago!

Re: Gold Championship 12 - News, Transfers & Match Reports Arsenal No players are for sale for cash only! I repeat, no players are for sale for cash only! So please stop harassing me !

265.gif

Back on winning tracks

Zenit St. Petersburg - Legia Warszawa 4-1 (2-1)

Goals: Radek Sirl (9'), Alejandro Dominguez (18', 82'), Fernando Ricksen (47') and Harold Martinez (19')

31.jpg

Dominguez found his goal-shoe

Arhavin transfer completed!

play_90.jpg

After successful negotiations with Werder Bremen's Ross, russian star Andrei Arshavin joined to German Werder Bremen. Ross paied 8 million and two german national player came to Mr HoW's side: Torsten Frings and Aaron Hunt. "This transfer was very good for both sides I think, Arshavin now can play for a top team, and we got two classy players for our midfield and forward row. I'm happy with the deal!" said Mr HoW

torsten_frings.jpghunt_dpa_300.jpg

Two players in for Arshavin, Frings and Hunt

304.gifSantos 3-2 Palmeiras300.gif

Scorers

Paulo de Oliveira PEDRINHO (Santos), 12 mins

Ribeiro RODRIGO SOUTO (Santos), 34 mins

José FABAO (Santos), 85 mins

Luís MARTINEZ (Palmeiras), 11 mins

Brendon MAX (Palmeiras), 40 mins

Santos got their fourth win in a row in the league as they defeated Palmeiras 3-2 at home in what was an entertaining game, the first goal was scored by Palmeiras as Luís MARTINEZ turned quickly and fired a low shot into the bottom corner but as they were celebrating Santos kicked off and went straight up the pitch to make it 1-1 through Paulo de Oliveira PEDRINHO, Santos made it 2-1 on the 34th minute as Ribeiro RODRIGO SOUTO scored a tap in but the scoring wasn't finished in the first half as Palmeiras hit back to make it 2-2 through Brendon MAX and that made the score 2-2 going into the break.

The second half wasn't as entertaining as the first in terms of goalmouth action but there was time for a winner as with only five minutes left Santos made it 3-2 through man of the match José FABAO and that sealed the game for Santos.

RTEmagicC_logo-schalke04.gif.gif

In Liam Wilder's 1st week in charge of Schalke he has signed no players.Schalke sits in an uncomfortable 14th in the Bundesliga.

Also his 1st game was against Bayern Munich and they pulled off a surprised 1-1 result and the goal scorer was Altintop Halil.

In the 2nd game it was a 0-0 against Hertha Berlin but Hertha did control most of the game.

Schalke will be expecting a win against Eintracht Frankfurt in the German Cup as they want to progress to the finals, later on in the season.

Racing Santander is prepared to let go Garay (CB, age 21, rated 91 in return of a quality AM + CB.

Yep, basically I need an AM but also would need a replacement for Garay.

I expect several clubs will be interested so there will be more than one offer. Money doesn't really interest me, I'll make my dicission on the quality of the AM and CB I get in return.

Let the bidding begin.

150px-Bayern_Munchen.png

After midweeks comprehensive 5-0 drubbing of Title challenging Werder Bremem, it has come as a huge surprise that coach Adam Storo has decided to add to his defence with the signing of highly rated youngster Ezequiel Garay.

Interviewed today after the capture, this is what Mr Storo had to say.

"I am very delighted to have a player like Ezequiel at the club. He is one of the biggest talents in europe and when we heard of his availability we had to react fast and I think that helped us finalize the deal quite quickly. He should adapt very quickly with Demichelis and another new signing Abbondanzieri here to help him."

(The deal seen promising duo of Sosa and Breno leave in the other direction)

Quizzed on why he let these players go, Mr Storo responded " We have ample depth in Midfield and Defence. Actually we have depth all over the park but these 2 area's we are very strong so I could afford to let these players go. Breno was a hard decision as he will be a big talent, but as manager you sometimes have to make these tough decisions and I am quite happy with the deal we got."

When asked if there would be any new names arriving or anyone leaving he said " I am quite happy with my side and the depth we have. I feel we can challenge on all fronts with the squad I have built, but you can never say never of who will come in or who will leave."

Rumors have it that Willy Sagnol could leave if the right offer came along. Through some internal contacts there is word that Mr Storo is after a establish Attacking Midfielder to complete his squad and may depart with 92 rated Sagnol.

Fiorentina_B2.gif

Fiorentina go third

96.gifVS107.gif

Atalanta 1 - 3 Fiorentina

Dai Winston has tonight praised his teams performance after a good 3-1 victory away to Atalanta. It was a fast and furious paced match with chances galore, Fiorentina dominated the possession and had the majority of the chances, they were looking to bounce back after a tight loss to League Leaders Torino on Saturday.

The Florence team started the brighter of the two teams and were unlucky not to take the lead, they were soon into their rhythm and were stroking the ball around with style.

The Atalanta players found it hard chasing the ball around but when they did get it they looked to get the ball to the attackers as quickly as possible, this worked to great effect as they broke and took the lead, much against the run of play, Antonio Langella smashed the ball past Seb Frey in the Fiorentina goal to give Atalanta and undeserved lead after half an hour.

Winston's team continued to push for an equalizer before half time and were rewarded when just as the referee was going to blow his whistle a good pass found Giampaolo Pazzini in the box and he turned and finished neatly to equalize as the half time whistle blew.

231GiampaoloPazzini.jpg

(Pazzini equalized on half time for Winston's men)

The second half started exactly as the first finished, with a goal. Quick passing by Fiorentina made space for Martin Jorgensen who struck a trademark shot past Ferdinando Coppola to give his team a 2-1 lead.

250px-Martin_Jorgensen.jpg

(Jorgensen scored to put Fiorentina 2-1 just after the break)

The match was looking like ending 2-1 to the Florence team as neither team could find the net again. that was until the ball fell to Mario Santana who smashed the ball home from just a yard out.

This gave Fiorentina a 3-1 win and made Winston very happy, he thinks that his team has every chance to win something this season and has his eyes on the Serie A title.

7277.jpg

(Mario Santana scored the third to seal the win for his team)

DROGHEDA MAINTAIN TOP SPOT:eek:

Drogheda manager gazlad praised his squad after they beat Hearts 2-1 at United Park and kept top spot for the second week running, every day when i wake up and see us at the top of the division i think it is a dream, the lads are playing out of there skin every match to get the 3 points and so far are doing a great job,

265.gif

A bad result

Dinamo Kyiv - Zenit St. Petersburg 4-2 (2-1)

Goals: Maksim Shatskikh (34', 77'), Serhiy Rebrov (41'), Ismael Bangoura (48') and Radek Sirl (36', 89')

26.jpg

Radek Sirl performed extremely well

"I didnt knew that my team can play badly like that.. Radek was w excellent, but why only him??" asked Mr HoW

chelseachelsea.jpg

Fulham Manager said "i am going into this game very confident and hopfully for fisrst time in a very long time Fulham will come out on top of the Derby against Chelsea but it will be a tuff challange after i got off to a flying start but as off late we have been laking in results and it will be a tuff task especially without key player JON OBI MIKEL but KAMARA is still scoreing goals he has scored 5 goals so for this year it will be a very thougth game but i hope to recall form from the begging of the season as a replacment of Mikel i will play Andreas Johansson a Swedish international in his first game for the club since joining from AaB also after Ali Karimi and Mohhamed inpressed me in Training they could feature."

dortmundcm3.png

Back to winning days

Dortmund picked up a very vital three points iin the fight for second place, they played Bayer Leverkusen at the BayArena and came away with all three points. Dortmund dominated with 57% of the poessession but lacked in shots with 6 on target to Leverkusen's 11. Dortmund opened the scoring on 25 minutes thorugh Mladen Petric chipping the keeper to make it 1-0 and give Dortmund the lead at half time. But it didnt take Leverkusen long to get back into the game, making it 1-1 on 47 minutes through Simon Rolfes rifleing a long ranged shot into the corner of the net. With the game looking to head for a draw, a team needed a goal, and Dortmund got that on the 87th minute through Alexander Frei hitting the half volley into the roof of the net and to move Dortmund into 4th.

Dortmund next play RossDAFC's strugging Werder Bremen side which is vital for Dortmund to pick up three points.

petrichg5.jpg

(Opened the scoring)

freiba7.jpg

(Frei celebrates the second)

304.gifSantos 1-0 Colo Colo362.gif

Scorer

João KLEBER (Santos), 39 mins

Santos won a hard fought match 1-0 at home to Colo Colo to send them to the top of the table, the only goal of the game came through the 32 year old Brazilian striker João KLEBER on the 39th minute as he raced through to put the ball in the net as he looked offside but the decision wasn't given and that gave Santos the lead and that dubious decision proved to be vital as it was the only goal of the match and it gave Santos the full three points.

265.gif

Goalless draw

Zenit St. Petersburg - Dnipro 0-0

Lucarelli joined St. Petersburg

Cristiano Lucarelli joined to St. Petersburg and played a half in yesterdays game. "This is a big challenge for me being here. I wasnt fit enough to play in the starting 11, and I'm dissapointed a bit, because I want to help the club with goals, thats why I'm here. I'll prove to the fans that the 8m Euro fee worth for me!" said newly signed Lucarelli

ItalySerbia.jpg

Newcomer Cristiano Lucarelli

FULHAM Vs CHELSEA

Fulham%20Chelsea.JPG

Fulham manager Nick Justice travelled only 5or 10minutes down the road to Rivals Chelsea ground Stamford Bridge fulham boss said "we went to Chelsea knowing we had our RB injured so we put Moritz Volz in the place of RB and we went to the game also knowing we hac a very tuff game ahead but we took the lead after just 20 minutwes throught Moritz Volz which has earnt him a starting position but onli 4 minutes after Chelsea replied with a goal from Ballack. After that it went a bid pear shaped Chelsea had all the possation and had loads of shots then a moment off madness from Mikel in the 63minute he went in and got himself send off against his Club he is on loan from. None the less im still really happy because we managed a draw away to Chelsea which is a blooming good result.

in game action:

78687336.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193587004028B1CDC4E0397D1632B2EE583284831B75F48EF45

Lega_Calcio.gif

107.gif

Fiorentina up to second

107.gifFIORENTINA 3 - 1 JUVENTUS110.gif

Fiorentina won last night in impressive fashion against Serie A title rivals Juventus. Winston's team were on top from the start and went 3-0 up with goals from Adrian Mutu who scores his 6th goal in 7 games and picked up his 4th Man of the match award, Zdravko Kuzmanovic and Giampaolo Pazzini.

Juventus did score a consolation goal through Vincenzo Iaquinta but it was too late. On a sad note, Fiorentina ended the match with only 10 men after Tomas Ujfalusi was sent off.

FULHAM TRANSFER LATEST:

Fulham today announeced they have signed former Man Utd striker Ebanks-Blake for a switch with Healy. Fulham Boss Nick Justice says he belives Ebanks-Blake has a great protential and still at a young age of 22 the player. After noumerouse bid and counter offers with Wolvehampton boss Nick Davenport for the player we finaly came to an agreed fee for Ebanks-Blake"

Ebanks has been loaned out to help Cally at Linfield

Ebanks-Blake:

_44516713_ebanksblake203.jpg

265.gif

Domestic Shield first round

Dynamo Kyiv - Zenit St. Petersburg 2-3 (1-2)

Goals: Maksim Shatskikh (26'), Fabián Estoyanoff (79') and Oleksandr Spivak (9'), Alejandro Dominguez (12'), Igor Denisov (66')

35.jpg

Celebrating Dominguez

"This was a kind of revenge for being kicked in the league. I know that Dynamo didnt used their best players, but we didnt too, so this is a valuable win for us!" said Mr HoW

Morrone reporting in

After Lucarelli, Stefano Morrone joined to St. Petersburg too from Parma, for a fee of 8 million. The 29 years old central midfielder signed a 2 years contract. "After Lucarelli's decision, Mr HoW asked me if I would like to join after my country-fellow. And I said yes, why not. It's great to be here, and great that I can use my mother-tongue" said Morrone

22728_news.jpg

Newcomer Morrone